• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I can speak towards this one and say the issue isn't that something isn't good if it doesn't have twists and turns. It's more that certain things can be....irritating? Condescending is way too strong a word...But it hurts something for me when we get a twist that has been obvious for ages IF it is done in a way that it is supposed to be shocking. It bugs me because I think "does the writer (whomever) think I'm an idiot?"

With all that being said, I can't think of the last time it has bothered me off the top of my head.

Put it that way then yea, I can begin to understand it.

8u7x9naqc5jz.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dany needs better security if Jon can just walk up to her door, knock and invite himself in to have sex with her.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You do realise that Jon was at Dragonstone for over a month right? Like the episodes don't go from one day to another. So just because we don't see it happening in the background doesn't mean it isn't happening. Do people get tripped up when characters like Arya leave a place like Braavos and is in Westeros the next episode? "What?! Why is she not on a boat traveling for the next 4 episodes?!' Sure I suppose we could spend the entire 7 episodes showing nothing but Jon and Dany going on dates, having romantic alone times, etc. But no one has time for that.

You're confusing the plausibility of it in the timeline with the fact that from our perspective it's 4 episodes. If Jon meets Dany in Episode 4, a timeskip of 5 years happens and then they're married in Episode 5, its still one week from our perspective and is a huge narrative problem. I don't have a problem with Dany and Jon hooking up, I just have a problem with the way they handled it.

I also still find Tyrion being all concerned about it weird because I have a hard time believing that literally anyone in storyline is surprised since Jon made it incredibly obvious and so did Dany. It seemed to me like everyone already knew they were going to hook up and Jon trying his hardest to ruin the war effort just to publicly tell everyone how awesome Dany is should have made that even more obvious.

Dany needs better security if Jon can just walk up to her door, knock and invite himself in to have sex with her.

It was a boat, it's not like they had any stowaways on board, especially since they left from Dragonstone. Unless you're joking than disregard, I hope you're joking.

I'm not sure why they deleted this scene from episode 6 but that was a fuck up.
https://streamable.com/pjngr

They should have pulled that guitar out during the wait to try and lullaby the wights to sleep so they could tip toe away.

Angry Grimace

They already agreed to sex when Jon was asking her to come on the boat with him.

I mean, I kind of figured they tacitly agreed to have sex when she had the "I CAN'T HAVE KIDS" conversation in Episode 6.

I legitimately hope the payoff to the "Jon is a Targaryen" storyline is that he shows up to Winterfell, announces he's marrying Dany and then Sam and Bran look at each other with a knowing look and go "well fuck that I ain't saying shit."

Nameless

Caves, boats, and presumably the Northern wilds...why can't Jon get his rocks off in a regular ole bedroom in a conventional dwelling of some sort?

Next season they'll top Witcher 3's unicorn sex by just fucking on Drogon.

Lol. You know, this scene really reminds that the whole awkward tyrion watching thing is him just being concerned that Jon is putting her in danger and not him planning to back stab her.

What do you think would would take someone like Cersei to "change" her mind and come back to the dragonpit. Some kind of deal was made offscreen. We'll find out in season 8.

pestul

What do you think would would take someone like Cersei to "change" her mind and come back to the dragonpit. Some kind of deal was made offscreen. We'll find out in season 8.
Well, I'm pretty sure whatever deal that was formed is instantly nullified when her armies don't march North, so I doubt it matters much. Unless she's asked Euron's fleet to attack their small flotilla on the way as well lol.

I mean, Tyrion is stupid if he told her that he'd support her heir to the throne because Dany can't have children.

This is more Kyrie asking to be traded because he was sick of Lebron and knew they were going to be destroyed again next finals.

Lebron: Nobody walks away from me.

Damn that's brilliant! Someone's gotta gif that entire sequence. Where is SunhiLegend when you need him? The end of that entire sequence literally works to perfection. You can even make Jaime/Irving on horse with some Celtics castle on the far end. :eek:

Cersei: Lebron
Jaime: Irving
Mountain: Gilbert

Hydrus

Damn that's brilliant! Someone's gotta gif that entire sequence. Where is SunhiLegend when you need him? The end of that entire sequence literally works to perfection. You can even make Jaime/Irving on horse with some Celtics castle on the far end. :eek:

Cersei: Lebron
Jaime: Irving
Mountain: Gilbert

The Mountain is the rotting corpse of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

McCann, 48, is well known for living a solitary, transient lifestyle – when Thrones first filmed in Iceland, he liked the remoteness so much he moved there for a year. Unsurprisingly, he doesn't have a TV. But this season, on tour with the brotherhood, McCann has been forced to come out of his shell.

"The first problem has been that I don't watch the show. I'm a bit different that way, I don't watch telly at all. So when I met the other actors [for season seven] I didn't know who they were. I'd be asking people, 'So who's the big guy over there then?' 'Oh, he's Lord whatever of House whatever.' 'Well, is he a good guy or a bad guy? And who are you?' And some of them are going, 'Are you f---ing joking? We've been here on the show for three years, man!'

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-that-cleganebowl-theory-20170726-gxjlf9.html

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Except Peter Dinklage has straight up said he's concerned about her and that was the reason for his look.

qcf x2

gun_haver

Cynical possibility: Maybe Cersei's pregnant because they don't want the show to end with the complete wipeout of house Lannister, in case of future EXTENDED UNIVERSE products.

It's always weird to see people who are into their craft not partake in the finished product. I can understand not watching yourself over and over again -- as a musician, I don't particularly like having to listen to my own material -- but I would think he'd want to at least see how things look to the viewer. And lol @ him not even knowing anybody on set.

I think it's probably a bit of an act. Maybe he doesn't own a TV, maybe he hasn't watched much of the show, but he seems like he really wants people to know 'i'm on the biggest tv show in the world and pfft, i don't care, i live on a boat'. I mean keep in mind he's saying all this in a publicity interview.

You don't think he's going to try and rally at least part of the regular Lannister army?

I think it's great to have such a great time watching a show you,'re invested in :)

What was the most emotional moment for your wife and you?

LF getting his dues, Sansa and Arya remembering Ned on the remparts, the major cast reunion at the Dragonpit, Tyrion & Cercei sparing, Jon forgiving Theon, Jon full reveal as Aegon and the R+L wedding, Jon finally hooking with Dany, Jaime finally saying Fuck You to Cercei, or the NK destroying the wall?

Oh man, REALLY hard to choose...

although off the top of my head (and while typing via mobile at the pub on my 33rd born day), when Arya and Sansa are having their post-trial time on the ramparts - I lost my shit when they started channelling their father's memory

Eddard will forever be one of the most special characters in my heart, and both Jon (foolishly) channeling him earlier in the episode, and then the sisters doing so at the end - just overwhelmed my tear ducts

If I list everything I loved though I would honestly just be writing a comment about every fucking scene lol

Tonky

There just isn't enough time for any more conflicts between characters. The 6 episodes left need to be about the WW and the WW only. A possible Tyrion betrayal just isn't something that could be fully fleshed out with only 6 episodes left.

Tonky

So what is Varys up to anyway? I mean he must have some ulterior motives that are left to flesh out.
I honestly think much less of him after LF's death. I thought that those two were the chess players, but LF dying made me realize that they're just as vulnerable as the other characters. I think it will have something to do with the Red Woman given that brief interchange they had in E3.

Any good youtube videos talking about the (overall, separate) plotlines of GOT? There are tons of details from previous seasons I've forgotten and it would be cool to hear about how they're all connected and whatnot.

Without going to season summaries, was more thinking of dissections of individual season-spanning plotlines.

Maybe even some fan theory stuff might be fun. Thanks!

I honestly think much less of him after LF's death. I thought that those two were the chess players, but LF dying made me realize that they're just as vulnerable as the other characters. I think it will have something to do with the Red Woman given that brief interchange they had in E3.

I thought Varys was similar to LF in the earlier seasons as well, but as time went on he proved himself to be much different character. They're both chess players, but for different reasons and right now, clearly Varys is winning since LF is dead.

Varys
Sold information.
For the good of the the realm.
Actually helps people succeed, Tyrion being one of them.
Clearly a decent human being.

Littlefinger
Buys information.
For the good of LF.
Manipulated people into helping him succeed, Sansa being of them.
A piece of shit.

Top Bottom