• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

iFirez

just saw a PSA thread on reddit.

Apparently, HBO Spain leaked episode 6 for an hour and the pirated copies are being circulated. Somebody's gonna get sacrificed to the lord of light.....

time to avoid social media...sigh

Holy shit, you aren't wrong. I just checked --places-- and there are full 1080p HD versions of Episode 6 online now... 5 days before the episode actually airs... crazy! (You can see live Seeds/Peers on said --place-- and there are over 10,000 Peers on this one 1080 file... holy shit)

Tyrion's going to get drunker than anyone's ever been drunk before and his hair will bleach white, revealing him to be the legendary Super Targaryen.

"I am Super Tyrion"

"And this, my queen, is to go even further beyond."

Gp7dfdkl.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To give a more thorough warning that I've been saying all season: you shouldn't be checking anything where you suspect you could be spoiled because the entire season's plot was leaked in detail before it even started.

Let's just not even acknowledge that it exists.

wandering

Banned
There's a timeline on the GoT wiki, apparently each season is supposed to correspond with one year. So it's been 6 years since season one.

iFirez

To give a more thorough warning that I've been saying all season: you shouldn't be checking anything where you suspect you could be spoiled because the entire season's plot was leaked in detail before it even started.

This is very true, it leaked super early right? I saw some YouTubers I follow had made full breakdowns of the leaked plot (which I avoided) and I've heard recently that those plot leaks are all coming true now too so they were legit leaks.

imo, this is worse than just a leaked plot. An entire episode was accidentally made available by HBO themselves 5 days before its actual air date. And you know there will be people who will disguise the spoilers as predictions.

imo, this is worse than just a leaked plot. An entire episode was accidentally made available by HBO themselves 5 days before its actual air date. And you know there will be people who will disguise the spoilers as predictions.

In this case, we should introduce as rule, that predictions have to be spoiler tagged. Just an idea. But hey, it's hard to supervise :/

I saw it on Reddit earlier and couldn't shake the thought, but why is Gilly's baby still a baby? Hasn't it been one for like 4 years?

He looked about 3 to me, but I wasn't paying particularly close attention.

Yeah, and the entire world believes Ned killed him mono a mono. Ned allowed his honour to be slightly tarnished by letting people believe he cheated on Catlyn. But then he significantly boosted his standing at the prestigious fighter's club by not correcting all the people that thought he bested Ser Arthur Dayne. So it's a wash lol.

I wonder what Ned had to give to Howland Reed to let everyone believe he bested Dayne in a sword fight.

So why did Cercei say Jaime should never betray her again?

Jaime was set up to the meeting and immediately came to her after that? She mad she didn't kill him?

She considers Bronn meeting with Tyrion a betrayal, she believes Tyrion killed Joffrey, she probably wants to hang Tyrion for killing their father. Don't forget that she never liked Tyrion to begin with and considers him responsible for their mother's death.

The show is made for "casuals". I would even suggest that the showrunners themselves are "casuals". This isn't some deep multi-layered character drama. This is a sex and violence fantasy romp with a cool setting and lots of money behind it.
Pretty much what it's devolved to over the last few seasons. People are adamant otherwise, though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In this case, we should introduce as rule, that predictions have to be spoiler tagged. Just an idea. But hey, it's hard to supervise :/
That doesn't help anything other than make literally every post on non-air days in spoiler tags.

You might as well just shut the thread down until it airs if you're doing that.

The worst part is where people start sticking clips on YouTube, with the video title explaining exactly what happens in the video.

On Monday morning I was spoiled when someone very kindly put up a video called "DANY BURNS DICKON AND RANDYLL FOR NOT BENDING THE KNEE", which of course appeared on the front page of YouTube for me. Thanks for that. :/

So I guess, avoid YT for 5 days.

iFirez

The worst part is where people start sticking clips on YouTube, with the video title explaining exactly what happens in the video.

On Monday morning I was spoiled when someone very kindly put up a video called "DANY BURNS DICKON AND RANDYLL FOR NOT BENDING THE KNEE", which of course appeared on the front page of YouTube for me. Thanks for that. :/

So I guess, avoid YT for 5 days.

What's worse is the front page of YouTube uses an algorithm that is more likely to show this sort of content if you've watched it before; this will make new videos posted by GoT content creators and similar channels appear in your recommended section. A lot of the time this algorithm is awesome and helps smaller channels find viewers as they produce content linked to others that people like but in situations like this its a nightmare -- the internet is going to be a minefield of spoilers for the next 5 days.

Is this definitely confirmed? I checked a few of the well known bad boy sites and they don't seem to have anything more substantial than the usual small size file which is usually phishing viruses found on those sites. Has there been an official statement released, that it's not related to the hacking incident?

What's worse is the front page of YouTube uses an algorithm that is more likely to show this sort of content if you've watched it before; this will make new videos posted by GoT content creators and similar channels appear in your recommended section. A lot of the time this algorithm is awesome and helps smaller channels find viewers as they produce content linked to others that people like but in situations like this its a nightmare -- the internet is going to be a minefield of spoilers for the next 5 days.
That disappeara if you simply delete watch and search history and set it to not save those anymore..

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is this definitely confirmed? I checked a few of the well known bad boy sites and they don't seem to have anything more substantial than the usual small size file which is usually phishing viruses found on those sites. Has there been an official statement released, that it's not related to the hacking incident?

it's unrelated

someone at HBO fucked up hard

they were supposed to put up episode 5 but instead they put up episode 6

wasn't just one territory, either. never ever ever let the nordic countries have a chance to grab it... because they will.

HMD

For fucks sake literally everyone I know has watched the episode in all its 240p glory, time to leave the internet.

For fucks sake literally everyone I know has watched the episode in all its 240p glory, time to leave the internet.

Why watch a show with such glorious visuals in potato quality?

Do these people still encode their music to 96kbps MP3 through Real Jukebox?

televator

How does this keep happening? I guess it's just a matter of time before all the s8 scripts leak lol.

D&D were at a coffe shop discussing possible reshoots and one of them went to get a refill while the other went to the boys room. They just plum forgot the script on the table while some dude with a potato cam phone too pics of all the pages.

Acidote

A work colleage just showed me the very first few seconds in HD, not sd crap, but with very low sound. It is going to be hard to avoid spoilers for almost a week :-/

It is legit. A dude on the Reddit page had A streaming file from a Google drive so I fired it up and it is indeed 1080 in English. I didn't watch it though. In fact, he's now binned the Google document, but this will be all over the news by the end of the day. It is indeed a legitimate fuck up by HBO.

bratpack

this all just adds to the fever of GOT it's hitting a peak this year everyone I know it constantly talking about it and the leaks just add to it giving it more of a buzz

I doubt HBO are worried people who want to be spoiled know were to look for spoilers no point trying to stop that and the ratings are at it's highest ever so leaks have no effect

JawzPause

Just watched it in 1080p, very good quality.

Now i have no one to discuss it with and have to wait 12 days until the next episode.

Fuck

bratpack

Yeah, not wanting to backseat mod, but as a fair warning, admitting to piracy is a bannable offense.

sometimes whole episodes can be uploaded to YouTube daily motion before anyone notices if you look deep enough would that be piracy?

like I seen alien on YouTube the whole movie before uploaded for ages without a takedown

Big Nikus

��

Yeah, I'm weak, I'd like to watch the ep cuz I'm going on vacation until the end of the month and I won't be spared from the spoils until then, so the leak could be a godsend to me but imo it doesn't look good enough so I'm gonna pass.

edit: yeah sorry, of course I won't discuss this further, I'm a spoilerphobic.

Mithrarin

Neo Member
Fuck the leaks. Since I usually like to rewatch all the recent scenes on youtube and it recommends me GoT videos afterwards I guess I should stop doing it for now before a leaked video of episode 6 will randomely pop up. You never know.

Top Bottom