• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Big Nikus

Fuck the leaks. Since I usually like to rewatch all the recent scenes on youtube and it recommends me GoT videos afterwards I guess I should stop doing it for now before a leaked video of episode 6 will randomely pop up. You never know.

There's a plugin called Video Blocker that could help people here. You can add filter words so that videos on Youtube containing theses words don't appear. Like "Game of Thrones" or "spoiler", "leak" etc.

kmax

As always, don't talk about leaks. Don't mention them. If you want to talk about them, Reddit has a specific place for everything related to it, so go there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's a plugin called Video Blocker that could help people here. You can add filter words so that videos on Youtube containing theses words don't appear. Like "Game of Thrones" or "spoiler", "leak" etc.

The problem with that plugin is you have to put almost every possible GoT keywords.

Even if you put "leak" or "thrones" or "game of thrones" or "GoT", someone could post a YouTube video called "Night King kills Gendry" and because you haven't put those specific keywords, you're fucked.

This is a "spoiler" that came out of my ass by the way, so noboby freaks out please. :p

Plum

I just know I'll be watching some random video and *JON GOES SUPER SAIYAN GOT EPISODE 6* will appear in the recommended videos. For Season 8 I'll use another browser and delete all cookies if I want to watch anything GoT related. These leaks are ridiculous.

bratpack

tumblr_omj33jBiYf1trp40so1_500.gif

Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-Slayer-Scythe-1.jpg

buffys slayer axe thingy she got in the final episode looked cool I wish game of thrones gave jon something similar

and yeah hammers never look cool
tumblr_mhwzoyshd71rzx5tno3_250.gif
buffy had that and it always bugged me how stupid and fake it looks I know budget wise buffy is low budget compared to GOT before anyone says anything lol

Big Nikus

The problem with that plugin is you have to put almost every possible GoT keywords.

Even if you put "leak" or "thrones" or "game of thrones" or "GoT", someone could post a YouTube video called "Night King kills Gendry" and because you haven't put those specific keywords, you're fucked.

This is a "spoiler" that came out of my ass by the way, so noboby freaks out please. :p

Yeah for cases like this it's a good idea to put more specific words. "Kill", "kills", "death" and "die" is what I put at the start of the season, because that's just the sort of thing that often get spoiled, especially with GoT.

I think I'm gonna go full black out and I'll have the last two episodes to watch when I come back from my trip. I'm going to southern Ireland, I should check if some scenes of the show are shot there. I know there are some in the north.

RulkezX

In this case, we should introduce as rule, that predictions have to be spoiler tagged. Just an idea. But hey, it's hard to supervise :/

People have been posting "predictions" based of the leaked story from earlier in the year since S7 started. It's been painfully obvious given how accurate some of these "predictions" have been.

Sheroking

Heavy spoilers of this season have been out for months and months and months. If you've avoided them so far, you'll probably make it out fine.

EDIT: Welp, I didn't see that bit about HBO Spain.

roytheone

People have been posting "predictions" based of the leaked story from earlier in the year since S7 started. It's been painfully obvious given how accurate some of these "predictions" have been.

Hey guys I predict that in the next episode Tormund will get stabbed at the 34 minute mark while Jon and gendry are in the background fighting exactly 5 wights. Call it a hunch!

Some dude I followed (past tense) just posted the most gigantic spoiler picture for the leaked episode. Why do people do this? Should pass a fucking law against it.

velociraptor

Fuck it. As soon as I'm finished from work I guess I'll just have to watch this new GoT episode. If you can't beat them, might as well join them.

Addi

Will deleting YouTube recommendations/viewing history work to stop spoilers coming up?

I deleted all my viewing and search history and it seemed to work. There was a recommended Game of Thrones channel on my front page though, but I clicked the x in the corner of the playlist and it didn't reappear later (I think it was there from before I deleted my history and I didn't see any spoiler). Now recommendations only seem to be directly linked to the video I'm watching (watched a Colbert clip and all the recommendations were from that channel).

EDIT: What the actual fuck?!! People are posting the entire episode on Facebook in potato quality, I fortunately only saw the intro starting but how fucking stupid can people be?

I deleted all my viewing and search history and it seemed to work. There was a recommended Game of Thrones channel on my front page though, but I clicked the x in the corner of the playlist and it didn't reappear later (I think it was there from before I deleted my history and I didn't see any spoiler). Now recommendations only seem to be directly linked to the video I'm watching (watched a Colbert clip and all the recommendations were from that channel).

Cheers. I'll log into YT asap and delete everything. It was getting ridiculous avoiding YouTube every Monday to avoid spoilers from the US until it aired here in the UK, but this takes the biscuit.

Jombie

These assholes going after the leaks like rabid dogs can get fucked, especially some of these youtubers -- 'man, HBO should be held accountable.. now let's get on to the spoilers!'

styl3s

Gotta avoid the YouTube homepage for 5 days maaaaaaannn :(.
Gotta avoid the entire internet. Like people said assholes will spoil it with their bullshit predictions. Yeah, people have been "predicting" based off the "leaked story" for awhile now but i still think there should be a rule enforced to make peeople spoiler tag their predictions and anyone who watches it i hope you call out the people who try to pass of their "predictions" as bullshit and that they are just reciting what happened.

I don't use facebook out of the message app on my phone which i only to talk to friends who don't care about game of thrones so im not worried about that. Gonna stay off all gaming sites, forums threads, twitter etc. until i watch it sunday because i refuse to pirate it. Also, how does one clear their youtube history? I have my youtube bookmarked to take me directly to my subscribed stuff but i don't want anything GOT related on my sidebar.

If anyone spoils anything on facebook, they will get blocked and no they will not be added later on as forgiveness. No fucking mercy, Daenerys Targaryen style. Also if any gaffer sees the ep and hints at what happens by trying to be a cunt.. sorry I meant coy, I hope you get permabanned once the episode is out.

giphy.gif

As a ginger, I will be pissed if my only on-TV representation Tormund is killed. Take Gendry. Take Davos. Don't touch my Tormund.

Thankfully, I am not on Facebook for last 2 years. I remember a friend, the moment it happened, posted something along the lines of "Good bye, my sweet Oberyn. You will be missed." I couldn't even make it the hour waiting for my girlfriend to get home that night without having it ruined. Now I don't have that problem.

Ladekabel

You know what I still don't understand? How they come up with the idea to go beyond the wall and try to snatch a zombie out of a giant army. Who thought that this was a good idea?

You know what I still don't understand? How they come up with the idea to go beyond the wall and try to snatch a zombie out of a giant army. Who thought that this was a good idea?

Seems to me you:

Go amongst the local wildlings, find someone about to die. There should be lots of them.
Take them on the other side of the wall
Wait for them to die, bring them back.

I mean...they already basically did that. It was fine.

effzee

Maybe, I kinda remembered six but I dunno.

[fake edit]

It was six guys in total.
w2XJNJZl.png

But he only actually fought 4v1.
dJpLEObl.jpg

Someone was clever enough to sequence all the flashbacks/visiosn from last season into one long extended scene. I have to say this was done so well - far better than I had imagined it when we first heard about the casting of a young Ned and the trailer footage.

Top Bottom