• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

effzee

So why did Cercei say Jaime should never betray her again?

Jaime was set up to the meeting and immediately came to her after that? She mad she didn't kill him?

I think Cercei is referring to Jaime letting Tyrion go the first time, not this particular meeting.

Also - I think I asked this before. We know Dorne leadership is all but eradicated but there is a whole country and group of ppl right? Shouldn't the Dorne army play some role now? Esp when they might know what happened to their Queen?

Majmun

Holy crap, think I got spoiled. Saw something interesting about GOT while browsing youtube, but I thought it was fan fiction. Just figured out the new episode leaked.

Fuckin internet

DeviantBoi

Saw this on Twitter:

DHSAe4YVoAAr6gR.jpg

"Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me."

Kaizer

Banned
Premiering in 2019 wouldn't surprise me, especially since Westworld isn't airing this year at all. They'll slot in Westworld as their "big show everybody talks about" for next Summer & make you really wait for those final GOT episodes in 2019.

Where has this been announced?

It hasn't. But they literally just finished writing the scripts. They haven't scheduled anything or reserved any locations for filming. Its kind of unlikely that they will start shooting anytime soon. For reference season 7 didn't start filming until August 31, 2016 and we didn't start the season till just last month.

Volimar

Premiering in 2019 wouldn't surprise me, especially since Westworld isn't airing this year at all. They'll slot in Westworld as their "big show everybody talks about" for next Summer & make you really wait for those final GOT episodes in 2019.

It'll work because season one of Westworld was so good.

Hey folks, leak discussion = ban. Not sure how else to put it. Please stick to talking about what's aired through Ep 5. If you need clarification, read the OP again. If you have further questions, just send a pm to a moderator.

Where has this been announced?
HBO president Casey Bloys said that it'll either be 2018 or 2019 depending on when the writing is finished and what the production schedule looks like. Duckroll and I looked at the available info and previous schedules last night and the thinking is that Fall 2018 is the very earliest it'll air if they get going very soon. Otherwise it'll slip to 2019.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I said this before but isn't better to open a leak discussion thread to keep the discussion there? Enforce some rules like whoever posts there can not be allowed to post on the other two threads. Maybe its too late since the season is ending next week but it should be a rule for S8. And let's be honest, S8 stuff will definitely leak, hell the ending getting leaked is one thing i'm sure it will happen.

I keep meaning to start WestWorld to fill the hole GoT will leave, but started Deadwood instead. Hopefully I made a wise choice....

HBO president Casey Bloys said that it'll either be 2018 or 2019 depending on when the writing is finished and what the production schedule looks like. Duckroll and I looked at the available info and previous schedules last night and the thinking is that Fall 2018 is the very earliest it'll air if they get going very soon. Otherwise it'll slip to 2019.
Not sure what is taking so long to finish the scripts. Seems easy. You just write "...and then the dragons do a bunch of really cool, badass stuff to people we don't like." Print it. Give me my Emmy.

I said this before but isn't better to open a leak discussion thread to keep the discussion there? Enforce some rules like whoever posts there can not be allowed to post on the other two threads. Maybe its too late since the season is ending next week but it should be a rule for S8. And let's be honest, S8 stuff will definitely leak, hell the ending getting leaked is one thing i'm sure it will happen.
If you have suggestions of this nature, please send a pm to a moderator and we'll take a look at it. We are shifting the focus of the thread back to the show right, and I don't want to further derail into moderation policy discussions. Thank you.

WriterGK

Can ayone tell me when this season will release on Bluray in US/Europe? My parents can't watch it live anymore and want the bluray. Is november/december safe bet to say or too early?

Dario is a better knife thrower than Bronn. So he wins I guess lol

It's not just knife throwing. Dario is a straight up pitfighter and assassin. We've seen him take on multiple guys and multiple Dothrakis single handedly.

Bronn was a deadman by a Dothraki if he didn't find the Scorpion.

Bronn's not in the same league as Dario.

It's not just knife throwing. Dario is a straight up pitfighter and assassin. We've seen him take on multiple guys and multiple Dothrakis single handedly.

Bronn was a deadman by a Dothraki if he didn't find the Scorpion.

Bronn's not in the same league as Dario.
Bronn's advantage is that he's smart as hell. Dario has a better advantage against a group, but 1-on-1 I think Bronn could figure him out and take him down, like Bronn did in his duel for Tyrion. I think...Plus, Dario isn't as cool. So minus 5 points to him there, which means he loses in a fight.

lol, well it's been fun guys.

It's always been painfully obvious what "predictions" are just people reading the leaks, but at this point it's getting too blatant and annoying to try and sweep away.

See you all when the season ends, good luck to those who stay in the thread!

Also nuke your youtube recommendations

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
D&D were at a coffe shop discussing possible reshoots and one of them went to get a refill while the other went to the boys room. They just plum forgot the script on the table while some dude with a potato cam phone too pics of all the pages.

giphy.gif

I know you're joking, but just thinking about this series of events happening the way you've described has me reeling in laughter.

effzee

I don't get why they would push this into 2019 other than just to keep the hype going.

They are used to writing, scouting locations, and then shooting 10 episodes every year now in preparation for seasons which begin in April.

All of a sudden the scripts for the remaining 6 episodes only just finished? Why? And with less episodes, less characters, and with the end game in sight, they don't need more exotic locations. Most of the remaining episodes probably center on 1-2 locations.

Confused by this if it does slip into 2019. Summer 2018 makes perfect sense.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't get why they would push this into 2019 other than just to keep the hype going.

They are used to writing, scouting locations, and then shooting 10 episodes every year now in preparation for seasons which begin in April.

All of a sudden the scripts for the remaining 6 episodes only just finished? Why? And with less episodes, less characters, and with the end game in sight, they don't need more exotic locations. Most of the remaining episodes probably center on 1-2 locations.

It's simple.

They have less episodes to do, but far more complicated material to shoot.

They haven't even started filming S8 yet, there's no chance it hits next Summer. It'll be late 2018 if you're lucky.

pablito

The delay for this season was because their filming locations for the north scenes weren't cold enough iirc. Maybe it's something similar.

Not sure what is taking so long to finish the scripts. Seems easy. You just write "...and then the dragons do a bunch of really cool, badass stuff to people we don't like." Print it. Give me my Emmy.

Season 7 started airing almost three months later in the calendar year than Season 6, so you have to factor in that shift in the schedule, as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

My guess is it has something to do with Westworld.
Maybe HBO have a limited annual budget for all their series and since Westworld seems like quite an expensive series to make(although, not as much as Game of Thrones I suppose), they'll focus on S2 of Westworld first, than S8 of Game of Thrones.

But, what do I know huh?

Top Bottom