• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Tavo

Fuu... I think i just got spoiled by Youtube recommendations. Been watching some clips of past scenes so yea avoid Youtube if you don't' wanna risk getting spoiled.

Gleethor

Kind of incredible that possibly two of the most spoilerific episodes (4 and now 6) of the whole season have been leaked by HBO *themselves*. Beyond annoying. Stay off Youtube if you watch a lot of thrones content.

Also, episode 6 is officially titled
Beyond the Wall
per HBO's website.

Jon is literally half Ice(Stark) and half Fire(Targaryen).

Dany isn't really needed plskthnx.

I think there's much more to it than that. Jon the dragon has direwolf heritage, was raised by and with the direwolves, has fought the winter war north of the wall, and that's all he cares about right now. He's ice as hell, fire raised by ice.

The fire in Jon's life didn't really start playing a role until his resurrection, and meeting with Dany.

And Dany meeting Jon is helping to cool her down.

Jon and Dany = a song of ice and fire

also, half ice/half fire (Jon) and fire Dany) is still literally ice and fire.

Euphor!a

Banned
I'll never understand how people are downplaying Littlefinger and at the same time propping up Arya, she trained for what, a year in Bravos? Littlefinger has been scheming his entire life against a far more dangerous crowd than her and anyone else he is with now..

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Its usually around the time the new season starts, few months before, i think.

Season 6 DVD/Bluray came out around December 2016 I think though, way before Season 7 even started.

With luck, the season 7 DVD/Bluray will come out early 2018.

Tuck

I'll never understand how people are downplaying Littlefinger and at the same time propping up Arya, she trained for what, a year in Bravos? Littlefinger has been scheming his entire life against a far more dangerous crowd than her and anyone else he is with now..
Littlefinger should be no match for someone who trained with the faceless men.

Speevy

Banned
Episode 7 titled "Oh fuck it, here's a bunch of unedited footage from season 8."

It's the longest title ever at 12 words.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Littlefinger spent his life in the courts of kings. Arya thinks serial killing is a potential solution to any problem she might encounter. He has never played the game with anyone like her.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Saw this on reddit, got a chuckle
v6y0c2x7b4gz.jpg

Neece

Littlefinger should be no match for someone who trained with the faceless men.

Why? Littlefinger has dealt with people far smarter and more cunning than her. Arya has NEVER dealt with someone as cunning as him.

And Arya rejected a big fundamental aspect of her training and left early. She's like a padawan that quit, not a jedi master.

Haly

...Joffrey?

When has Joffrey personally went on a murder spree? I don't think he killed anyone with his bare hands his entire life.

The unspoken rule of court intrigue, at least in Westeros, is that you never personally went around shanking people. It's all done through intermediaries. Arya doesn't give two shits about this kind of intrigue. The only reason anyone inconvenient to her is alive in Winterfell right now is because she doesn't want to cause trouble for Jon or Sansa.

Euphor!a

Banned
When has Joffrey personally went on a murder spree? I don't think he killed anyone with his bare hands his entire life.

What relevance does doing it yourself have to do with anything?

Edit: Also, not that it matters but at the very least he killed that prostitute, Roz I think.

Haly

What relevance does doing it yourself have to do with anything?

Because Littlefinger might be all smirk-smirk-wink-wink around her thinking he'll get away with his dastardly plans but if he looks at her wrong she'll cut him down right there. Most kings and lords don't behave like this.

Speevy

Banned
it does seem silly, but the Wall is the big obstacle here. So it makes it a little less silly.

You really do have to picture a band of wights going dere's a wall there George, let's go the other way, dere's a wall there George, let's go the other way repeated for thousands of years.

Meanwhile the Night King hopes for an evolution that will make them less stupid.

Pretty sure the White Walkers have just been spending time wandering around and mustering their army. The giants are a testament to that.

Yeah I assume they've been up there killing the hell out of everything alive in the North and bolstering their ranks. Like you said they have a bunch of Giants now and there were likely still Wildlings scattered about up there.

Euphor!a

Banned
Because Littlefinger might be all smirk-smirk-wink-wink around her thinking he'll get away with it but if he looks at her wrong she'll cut him down right there. Most kings and lords don't behave like this.

I can't believe you can believe this in a world where Joffrey was king and Cersei is now Queen.

Good choice. They have some absolutely amazing extra features on them.

it's really annoying with the Blu-rays though because

1. they don't let you pick up from where you left off, if you don't finish an episode or something you always gotta search it again

2. the scenes are so blocked together and not divided properly so if you skip a scene you skip a huge chunk

3. there are so many discs. these are blu-rays and the episodes are hours long, they should be able to fit more episodes per disc. some discs just have 1 fucking episode

but it's still worth it to own them on Blu-ray because it's game of thrones

the only reason i'd argue not to buy it is if they're gonna come out with 4K blu-ray versions

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I can't believe you can believe this in a world where Joffrey was king and Cersei is now Queen.

Littlefinger has pretty much spent his whole life outsmarting killers, I dunno why his intellect should crumble just because he's going against a Faceless Man.

Haly

Joffrey and Cersei haven't done anything that real monarchs in human history haven't done or were ever incapable of doing.

However unless I've missremembered my history we haven't had a monarch who can go Assassin's Creed on their enemies. Arya exists on the level of fictional superkillers like James Bond and Hannibal Lecter. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Euphor!a

Banned
Joffrey and Cersei haven't done anything that real monarchs in human history haven't done or were ever incapable of doing.

However unless I've missremembered my history we haven't had a monarch who can go Assassin's Creed on their enemies. Arya exists on the level of fictional superkillers like James Bond and Hannibal Lecter. This is the point I'm trying to make.

No, I understand your point, I just think it is incredibly weak and doesn't make much sense if you consider everyone else that Littlefinger has been surrounded by throughout the show.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Everyone, be careful. I just went to youtube to look for something and on the home page, one of their randomized "recently uploaded" videos was a scene for episode 6 someone uploaded and it was a spoiler.

So watch out when you go to youtube, you might get spoiled by something accidentally. Don't have wandering eyes until Sunday night when you go to youtube. Just a head's up. Can't believe youtube hasn't taken them down yet, but oh well.

Neece

Jaqen H'ghar would be on their level. Littlefinger couldn't handle him. But Arya is nothing like that. Arya is like D-league faceless man, not an all-star. She's pretty terrible at anything that involves outsmarting someone.

Speevy

Banned
talkin the talk and walkin the walk

edit: sorry for double post

I really would like a compilation of how many times this phrase is uttered on the show.

One character attempts to question why some choice either isn't feasible or why something terrible already happened, and another character says

"They/he/she knows the <region/sea/castle/political situation> better than we ever could.

Watched the episode, i don't know why but i had the feeling someone was gonna spoil it to me this time and so i watched it. Not gonna say anything about it of course, other than it was a pretty good episode. Be really careful about the spoilers out there guys!!!

i always assumed White Walkers were waiting until winter was in season before they strike. Correct me if I am wrong but it's not winter in all of Westeros yet right?

The unspoken rule of court intrigue, at least in Westeros, is that you never personally went around shanking people. It's all done through intermediaries. Arya doesn't give two shits about this kind of intrigue. The only reason anyone inconvenient to her is alive in Winterfell right now is because she doesn't want to cause trouble for Jon or Sansa.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Her name was Ros you asshole! :(

Top Bottom