• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Volimar

Honestly the writing has been terrible since season episode 1 scene 1.

6UbUZdR.gif

Gonna chop this out. Comes off grumpy.

No I totally understand the sentiment. We all appreciate the warnings, but at this point it's just better (and the thread's rules) to not discuss the leaks at all.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Rhaegar was more responsible than the Mad King ever was for the countless who died during Robert's Rebellion, including members of his own family(which he set aside). Even Viserys and his pregnant mother narrowly escaped with their lives.

I don't know if I can blame Lyanna, though she doesn't get a full pass.
If she wasn't aware of the damage her and Rhaegar was causing than she was being wilfully ignorant.
I find it hard to believe she has no idea that Rickard and Brandon were killed, with Eddard soon following them if things were different.

I don't believe Rhaegar loved Lyanna as much as he was infatuated with her, he wanted a union of Ice and Fire and he probably knew the cost.

Jon Snow choosing to keep the name "Snow" would be the biggest "Fuck you" to Rhaegar, I'd personally enjoy that but I suppose it'll go a different direction.

Are you sure you're not talking about Robert the Boar? Rhaegar didn't force Ned's brother to go down to KL with a posse and commit suicide by way of the Mad King. This would have more than likely been resolved in a diplomatic manner, had the brother not been an idiotic hot head.

dabig2

Are you sure you're not talking about Robert the Boar? Rhaegar didn't force Ned's brother to go down to KL with a posse and commit suicide by way of the Mad King. This would have more than likely been resolved in a diplomatic manner, had the brother not been an idiotic hot head.

Maybe if Rhaegar didn't abscond away in secret with the betrothed daughter of a northern lord then things could have been resolved peacefully. There must've been weeks in-between Brandon's capture and his dad being notified and going down to KL to defend him. Where was Rhaegar then to resolve things peacefully and explain the situation?

Heshinsi

Maybe if Rhaegar didn't abscond away in secret with the betrothed daughter of a northern lord then things could have been resolved peacefully. There must've been weeks in-between Brandon's capture and his dad being notified and going down to KL to defend him. Where was Rhaegar then to resolve things peacefully and explain the situation?

The ravens weren't equipped with the teleportation magic of the latter years. Messages got sent in real time. I bet you somewhere in Maestor Luwin's records, there's a message from Lyanna that's tucked away that read,

"Sorry to have left in such a hurry and worry every one. We were afraid of what Robert would do if he found out I never wanted to marry him. Rhaegar and I just got married, and I would love to have a proper Northern ceremony when I return. I hope big brother doesn't go and do anything rash. Love you guys,

Lyanna Stark"

Probably arrived at Winterfell on Revan Express right after Papa Stark had to go to KL.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rmail.com truly revolutionized communication in Westeros.

wait a minute,fuck

the episode got leaked?
WTF?
just saw someone on twitter posted very huge spoiler about 6 and 7

how i going to survive until the next episode? god helps us all.
the episode wasn't leaked but published ahead of schedule through the official channel in another country by HBO themselves, for a brief time period before they changed their mind

everyone is super excited about the final episodes, so a good way to protect yourself from the spoilers would be to go and play outside for the next couple of days, enjoy the summer

The ravens weren't equipped with the teleportation magic of the latter years. Messages got sent in real time. I bet you somewhere in Maestor Luwin's records, there's a message from Lyanna that's tucked away that read,

"Sorry to have left in such a hurry and worry every one. We were afraid of what Robert would do if he found out I never wanted to marry him. Rhaegar and I just got married, and I would love to have a proper Northern ceremony when I return. I hope big brother doesn't go and do anything rash. Love you guys,

Lyanna Stark"

Probably arrived at Winterfell on Revan Express right after Papa Stark had to go to KL.

-Lyanna and Rhaegar coming back after marriage in Dorne-

Hey, everyone! Great news! We just got---

giphy-jayz.gif

dabig2

Lyanna Stark"

Even without the benefit of the show's teleportation, Ragger should've been in KL trying to reign in the situation there and with Robert's Rebellion. Instead dude was on a very convenient year long honeymoon. I don't blame him though, he was probably hoping that his boys back home would kill Bob first and sex >>> violence. And only when that didn't happen did he finally take up some measure of responsibility for his actions...of course he later gets his chest hammered in that would make Thor jealous, so maybe it was a smart idea to keep hidden away while the realm burned down.

L.O.R.D

the episode wasn't leaked but published ahead of schedule through the official channel in another country by HBO themselves, for a brief time period before they changed their mind

everyone is super excited about the final episodes, so a good way to protect yourself from the spoilers would be to go and play outside for the next couple of days, enjoy the summer

it's 54c outside now,it's really okey. i can take the heat :)

Nameless

As always fuck Theon, but he was really entertaining when he had a penis. Alfie was doing some of the best work this side of the King's Landing plotline(he's still great as Reek).

Wonder where this Theon would be in a version of the story where he never encountered Ramsay. I'd like to think he'd be #galavanting around the map with Euron, if they hadn't betrayed each other already, in some of the douchiest scenes ever. A cunt like him with legit power would've been hilarious.

orochi91

My sister went on Youtube earlier today to watch some Attack on Titan clips, and accidently ended up seeing all those leaked GoT video titles in the Recommended section.

She's absolutely livid right now, lol

This is why I watch GoT videos on private browser, not gonna ruin my recommendations

Oh, wow.

That's actually a pretty good idea; I had no clue that private browsing mode wouldn't affect video recommendation.

Heshinsi

Even without the benefit of the show's teleportation, Ragger should've been in KL trying to reign in the situation there and with Robert's Rebellion. Instead dude was on a very convenient year long honeymoon. I don't blame him though, he was probably hoping that his boys back home would kill Bob first and sex >>> violence. And only when that didn't happen did he finally take up some measure of responsibility for his actions...of course he later gets his chest hammered in that would make Thor jealous, so maybe it was a smart idea to keep hidden away while the realm burned down.

Ok but once the rebellion kicks off, what's he supposed to do? It's not like he could make Ned's brother and father come back to life.

Heshinsi

As always fuck Theon, but he was really entertaining when he had a penis. Alfie was doing some of the best work this side of the King's Landing plotline(he's still great as Reek).

Wonder where this Theon would be in a version of the story where he never encountered Ramsay. I'd like to think he'd be #galavanting around the map with Euron, if they hadn't betrayed each other already, in some of the douchiest scenes ever. A cunt like him with legit power would've been hilarious.

What if Theon had a spine and told his father to fuck off and went back to Robb? My hate for Theon ended at the scene where Ramsay has him doing a shave for him in front of Papa Bolton, during which he decides to inform Theon of Robb's death. That's when my heart broke for Theon.

aBarreras

What if Theon had a spine and told his father to fuck off and went back to Robb? My hate for Theon ended at the scene where Ramsay has him doing a shave for him in front of Papa Bolton, during which he decides to inform Theon of Robb's death. That's when my heart broke for Theon.

if he told his father to fuck off, he would be dead

Nameless

It's funny, if he didn't burn the letter and went back to Robb he just would've gotten slaughtered at the Red Wedding with everyone else.

The writing feels weaker this season. This is probably beyond even George Martin's notes now.

I am a bit dissatisfied that Cersei's impending doom was hit by a curve ball with this whole alliance/plan...Not very convincing but will see where it goes.

If you haven't seen the leaked episode, you may as well DL it now because by next week everyone is going to know what happened. Not a fan of piracy but you either watch it today or some cunt will ruin it for you tomorrow.

dabig2

Ok but once the rebellion kicks off, what's he supposed to do? It's not like he could make Ned's brother and father come back to life.

Like I said, reign in his crazy father. He could've at least helped stopped the bleeding. Bob and Ned fought the rebellion because they were literally fighting for their lives. Their forces fought for them because the king demanded that they too should die. So go to KL, take control of his dad as I'm sure mostly everyone alive at that point would've approved of Rhaegar over his father, and sued for peace while also explaining the situation with Lyanna and offering some sort of peace amends to Ned and the North.

Instead he chose the worse option - to stay away from the entire conflict and keep the entire realm guessing as it descended into chaos. He literally ran away and hid from a problem he helped create. That's the behavior I expect of a hormonal teenager, not an adult who was raised to rule a continent.

Ragger was a punk.

Kadin

just saw a spoiler on freaking youtube :(
Spoilers everywhere right now it seems. Even the games I play, people are just saying shit in chat at any random time. And I normally like chatting with other players but I'm just not taking the chance. This sucks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes, HBO fucked up and people is upset at you lmao

the rules are clear. They've been repeated over and over and over and over and over.

Maybe we should change the thread title to reflect NO SPOILER DISCUSSION

Vic_Viper

Great season so far, but I get the feeling the Great War will never happen.

This is what I'm thinking. Atleast not one with Danny vs. Cersei. It looks like the big confrontation is going to be with the White Walkers instead. I think Cersei is going to say she will help Danny fight them but then do something seriously terrible that sets off Jamie who then kills her.

This season has been just building the most epic RPG party with next season being the big final boss battle with the Night King.

I hope I'm wrong and there is still a war on 2 fronts but I get the feeling there won't be.

the rules are clear. They've been repeated over and over and over and over and over.

Maybe we should change the thread title to reflect NO SPOILER DISCUSSION

No one is discussing spoilers. I wouldn't dream of it. Just a friendly warning that making it to Sunday is going to be very tough. Don't shoot the messenger.

Top Bottom