• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

molnizzle

The show has been warping characters around for a few seasons now. Time to just accept that they aren't going to show the journey.

This time was different. Jon and pals were sitting on that rock in a lake for a day or so. Looked like one night. During that time Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, Dany mobilized her dragons, Dragons flew to the wall and went north to rescue. In 24 hours or so.

I mean come on.

The White Walkers resurrecting the dragon they just murdered is the Warriors adding KD to the roster after blowing a 3-1 lead. My word.

Drogon zigzagged the way Rickon should've.

tmac456

the other stuff happening in the season so far could be explained away with them just not showing travel between battles and stuff. you gotta admit the gendry and ravens part was silly. that took it to a whole nother level

It was silly. It is what it is. Take each moment for what it is. And a lot of the moments of that episode were fantastic.

My God the people bitching about the writing and timeline of things happening has gotten beyond fucking annoying. It's a TV show. All of the shit happening is fantasy land and you want to cry about teleporting 😂

It's game of thrones, a series that prides itself on logical actions, reactions and consequences for actions.

It's a universe with it's own rules, saying that because it's fantasy it's allowed to brake it's own rules is stupid.

jett

D-Member
This Arya stuff in sufferable. One of my favorite characters reduced to being The Boogeyman of Winterfell, and the latest in a line of torturers for Sansa.

What the fuck is this garbage. This show often has a lot of cool stuff. But then there's this shit. I can overlook the fact that crows can relay messages faster than a Korean internet connection, or that Dragons are born with a warp ability, but I can't fuck with this. This is shit. Pure shit.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It has to do with the "Three-headed dragon" prophecy that has been hinted at in the show many times. Many people have taken to mean that there will be 3 dragon riders. Knowing that Jon is actually a Targaryen gave us the second rider, and we were missing the third.

What if all three end up on the Night King's side though?

Betty

Banned
I don't know it because I don't have cable.

time_stamp.png

C'mon Speevy I saw you post the spoiler, albeit behind spoiler tags, while the episode was live, it was a heel thing to do.

Denzel

bro this episode got me kicked out of my group chat lol while everyone was talking about going back to college i was screaming all the devastating shit happening in the show

PixelatedBookake

Y'all were clowning the Night King for grinding season 6 but my mans came back with that Olympic throw with that old college javelin to show Dany what's what in the North

So, if this Wight Dragon plays any part in getting past the wall (air lifting other white walkers over or around?) the question is: what was NK's plan to get past the wall before? Or is he a super OP greenseer that was able to predict everything that's happening.

Griss

This time was different. Jon and pals were sitting on that rock in a lake for a day or so. Looked like one night. During that time Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven to Dragonstone, Dany mobilized her dragons, Dragons flew to the wall and went north to rescue. In 24 hours or so.

I mean come on.

Totally agree.

And people are like "But there's dragons and resurrections and shit!" But the show explicitly explains magic like that and states that it's unusual and magical. It's addressed. However everything else obeys the laws of time and space. But a raven making it that far in a few hours (allowing Gendry a few hours running back etc)... it was outrageous.

I mean come on.
Yea, I can see the dragons getting there pretty fast, but gendry and the raven was iffy.

Zero315

Banned
You made a post SPECIFICALLY calling out people for dancing around spoiling the death of the dragon. You could easily see how many in here were watching live, and you could tell where they were in the episode, and that the event hadn't happened yet. So why the fuck would you post that and risk something that those in this thread have been working damn hard to avoid having spoiled RIGHT AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR THEM?

I really, really hope you didn't ruin it for anyone.

He got me with it, that's why I decided to bail out of the thread until the episode was over. :/

Because I was watching it too. I didn't skip ahead other than to skip the intro and recap which I always do.

Sooo... you skipped ahead.

It has to do with the "Three-headed dragon" prophecy that has been hinted at in the show many times. Many people have taken to mean that there will be 3 dragon riders. Knowing that Jon is actually a Targaryen gave us the second rider, and we were missing the third.

Huh, I always assumed it just meant Danys 3 dragons. I know there's the story of the 3 Targaryaen dragonriders that conquered westeros

Kalor

I enjoyed that episode but the Sansa/Arya stuff is getting really rough now. The episode would have been way better if it cut out those scenes. I also expected more of them to die this episode. Guess they're saving people for the final battle next season.

BizzyBum

As soon as I saw them hauling those giant chains I started to flip out! OMG why did I not realize that was going to happen...

A little cliche the entire group survived while the no-name extra's all died but happy at the same time. lol

And why the fuck is Arya turning into this creepy bad guy now? I mean yeah, that note she found was bad but how could she not understand what Sansa was going through at that time as a child. Just seems Arya's behavior is totally out of left field and doesn't really make sense, IMO.

Diabelli

So, if this Wight Dragon plays any part in getting past the wall (air lifting other white walkers over or around?) the question is: what was NK's plan to get past the wall before? Or is he a super OP greenseer that was able to predict everything that's happening.

I thought he could already get passed the wall because he marked Bran?

Top Bottom