• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Ingeniero

The Night King waited for this.
Chains? WW squad plant with 1 wight not belonging to that particular WW?
Spears in hand?

He knew what was going to happen. Oh my God..
The Bran=Night King theory is so strong now, I want this to be true.

Also I hope Littlefinger kills Arya that little psycho is so annoying

molnizzle

My God the people bitching about the writing and timeline of things happening has gotten beyond fucking annoying. It's a TV show. All of the shit happening is fantasy land and you want to cry about teleporting 😂

That was my opinion until this episode.

...but Gendry > wall > raven > Dragonstone > Dany > Eastwatch

was too much. Like 24 hours passed during all that.

My God the people bitching about the writing and timeline of things happening has gotten beyond fucking annoying. It's a TV show. All of the shit happening is fantasy land and you want to cry about teleporting 😂

Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to play by it's own rules. If they'd just said people can teleport now we'd probably roll with it.

Get outta here with this bullshit

Now that it's like 99.9% certain Jon and Dany will get down, will the revelation of his true father make things better or worse for her? They're Targaryens after all.

Griss

Oh wow they're really doing the Lich King frost dragon shit? Woooowwww we are in hardcore nerd fantasyland here. Like I said, pure fanservice is the goal at this point.

Kalentan

Are you implying they can do no wrong because it's fantasy?

I don't think he's implying that at all. However the constant moaning about it is getting annoying.

Honestly on the topic of teleportation in this episode... I don't really see the problem? They never went THAT far beyond the wall as we never saw a single day pass until they were stuck on the rock.

Dragons can fucking fly. They can go across the land much faster than anything else.

televator

This is perhaps the worst writing of any episode in the series... The episode itself is entertaining eneough with action, but holly shit you cannot ignore that ravens and dragons apparently fly at least at the speed of a commercial plane.

And they were playing it straight with Arya and Sansa being total fucking idiots who've learned nothing in their entire journeys for 7 goddamn seasons.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
We Sindragosa now bois
ydk6lb_by_lilybakamikudesu-d7xjscq.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
My God the people bitching about the writing and timeline of things happening has gotten beyond fucking annoying. It's a TV show. All of the shit happening is fantasy land and you want to cry about teleporting ��

the other stuff happening in the season so far could be explained away with them just not showing travel between battles and stuff. you gotta admit the gendry and ravens part was silly. that took it to a whole nother level

Most of this season has been this way but if there's a word I could use to describe that episode it would be Contrived. Not a fan of that episode at all.

Speevy

Banned
You made a post SPECIFICALLY calling out people for dancing around spoiling the death of the dragon. You could easily see how many in here were watching live, and you could tell where they were in the episode, and that the event hadn't happened yet. So why the fuck would you post that and risk something that those in this thread have been working damn hard to avoid seeing RIGHT AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR THEM?

Because I was watching it too. I didn't skip ahead other than to skip the intro and recap which I always do.

tmac456

How do we know that?

Just because it's fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to play by it's own rules. If they'd just said people can teleport now we'd probably roll with it.

Get outta here with this bullshit

Hey,stay mad and bitchy about it, bud.

Rafy

There's a prophecy? Recape it for me?

It has to do with the "Three-headed dragon" prophecy that has been hinted at in the show many times. Many people have taken to mean that there will be 3 dragon riders. Knowing that Jon is actually a Targaryen gave us the second rider, and we were missing the third.

PizzaFace

Banned

Yeah, it did. Do people need timestamps or something? The pace of the show is jarring relative to previous seasons, but my god, just accept it people, we have 3 fewer episodes than normal.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Fuck me, what a devastating episode. I'm emotionally exhausted right now.

I honestly did not expect that we'd see White Walker V Dragon action until season 8 and then we do and then it fucking ends with one of them dying and being turn into a Wight. I'm so bummed out with that turn of events that I kinda don't care too much that we also lost Thoros and Benjen. I haven't felt like this since Jon died.

Fuck Game of Thrones.

Savitar

The episode had to do a lot in so little time, it did need another episode or two to make it flow better.

Next season is only six episodes might be painful.

Griss

It'd almost as if the people asking about ice dragons all season read the spoilers

Hmmm... everyone expects Jon, Tyrion and Dany to ride the dragons in the final battle. Suddenly a ton of people are talking about an ice dragon before the season starts...

Yeah, fuck's sake. For sure.

rucury

Banned

Woops! I forgot that shit writing and a semblance of coherence is forbidden in fantasy shows! So sorry, I'll never criticize a TV show ever again.

megalowho

Wtf is going on in Winterfell

Suicide mission was a fucking great mini-movie

Feeling the chemistry in that last scene between Jon and Dany

Ice and Fire dragon fight incoming

Top Bottom