• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, please explain then how you watch the show as it airs without paying for it. Maybe I'm wrong
I wasn't talking g about watching it as it airs. I was talking about watching it after its premiered without waiting months for the DVD/BluRay to come out and if they don't want to pay for HBO.

Do explain how it's any different. You're still watching it for free, hence stealing.
Well for starters, one involves actually downloading the file on to your computer whereas the other is simply pressing the play button. Quite different if you ask me.

Even some anti piracy groups don't consider it illegal. http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-group-admits-streaming-movies-isnt-illegal-130624/

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I wasn't talking g about watching it as it airs. I was talking about watching it after its premiered without waiting months for the DVD/BluRay to come out and if they don't want to pay for HBO.

Okay so watching it before the DVDs come out but I don't have to pay for it. Cool. How do I do this?

Ghost is the GOAT name

I named my dog Ghost after the direwolf.

EpdIVey.jpg

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.

Well for starters, one involves actually downloading the file on to your computer whereas the other is simply pressing the play button. Quite different if you ask me.

Even some anti piracy groups don't consider it illegal. http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-group-admits-streaming-movies-isnt-illegal-130624/

You seriously think that it's legal to stream copyrighted material for free without the blessing of the content owner? lol

Gigarator

Tunic

Going to try my luck and try HBO Go at 6PM PST. I will watch it again at 9PM PST anyways but I can't wait! Got a bottle of Fire and Blood ready for my fiancé and I.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Why isn't everyone rocking a GoT character poster avatar? :(

I've been meaning to make one :3 Edit 3: done, I've also accidentally clicked on the all spoilers thread twice now, I'm pretty sure that at some point in the season I am going to irrevocably spoil something huge for myself by doing that lol

Edit: vvv pro tip heeded. See I'm bad at everything, not just fantasy football :p Edit 2: same difference I knew what ya meant

I've been meaning to make one :3 I've also accidentally clicked on the all spoilers thread twice now, I'm pretty sure that at some point in the season I am going to irrevocably spoil something huge for myself by doing that lol

book marksubscribe this one and go into the thread via bookmark and not through the forum.

Do you think there's any place in the GoT universe for some flashy fantasy-style magic spells?

I know everything is done in a grounded style, and there's also budget limitations stopping us seeing stuff like Jaqen's face morphing in front of us, but I really want to see somone shoot lightning bolts out of their hands.

Do you think there's any place in the GoT universe for some flashy fantasy-style magic spells?

I know everything is done in a grounded style, and there's also budget limitations stopping us seeing Jaqen's face morphing in front of us, but I really want to see somone shoot lightning bolts out of their hands.

The series is all about doing things in subtle ways in order to obtain power. Flashy displays of said power don't really fit in with the way the game is played. It's all about underhanded deals and an air of mystery; huge lightning bolts coming out of someone's fingertips would seem way too overpowered. Each character has limitations, whether they be from outside sources or because of their personality, and huge uses of magic like that would not fit in at all.

That's what makes this series so great; it's not about who is the most powerful, but rather, who is the smartest and most cunning.

Moff

I know everything is done in a grounded style, and there's also budget limitations stopping us seeing stuff like Jaqen's face morphing in front of us, but I really want to see somone shoot lightning bolts out of their hands.

I dont think it was the budget that stopped uf from a decent jaqen face morphing, but that it just would have looked silly, even with a top tier budget. the way they did it was just a cool way to do it, no matter the budget.

and for flashy spells, I think the shadow assassin was quite flashy, and fire breathing dragons kinda work in that category, too.

So I'm watching the 1st season again, and man do I hate Sansa. So Joffrey is swinging his sword in a mad attempt to kill Arya, and the bitch just says, "stop it, the both of you. You'll ruin everything."

And ratting out Ned to the queen because she didn't want to go back to winterfell. I have no sympathy for her. None.

TheYanger

So I'm watching the 1st season again, and man do I hate Sansa. So Joffrey is swinging his sword in a mad attempt to kill Arya, and the bitch just says, "stop it, the both of you. You'll ruin everything."

And ratting out Ned to the queen because she didn't want to go back to winterfell. I have no sympathy for her. None.

And then she turned 18 and my sympathy got much larger.

Vashetti

Banned

She's naive and initially infatuated with Joffrey, thinking she's going to get her fairytale ending with Prince Charming, whilst also going through a difficult phase with her sister.

I can't see what's so difficult to grasp.

She's naive and initially infatuated with Joffrey, thinking she's going to get her fairytale ending with Prince Charming, whilst also going through a difficult phase with her sister.

I can't see what's so difficult to grasp.

Prince Charming or no, the dude was trying to kill her younger sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom