• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more refresh on the spoiler rules for the thread before the premiere:
SPOILER RULES:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK SPOILERS. It doesn't matter if they're under spoiler tags, they should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

- Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation from people that haven't read the books is fine and encouraged.

- For the non-book readers using this thread:
  • If you have any questions about plot points or want clarification on something, feel free to send a PM to any of the helpful volunteers (see below) and ask them.

- For the book readers that want to lurk in this thread:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. "Oh, just wait until you guys see what happens to him next week!!!"
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. "What do you think will happen to this character by the end of the season?"
  • No comparing the book to the show:
    e.g. "Well, that's different than in the book where they..."
  • Answering questions is fine when the information is readily available from what has aired on the show.
    e.g. Q: "Wait, how is Robb related to Ned?" A: "Robb is Ned's son."

The bottom line is that this thread was created for people that haven't read the books to enjoy and discuss the television show. Keep their interests in mind and let them enjoy the show on their own terms without constantly pestering them. In general, there isn't a good reason for book readers to post in this thread. Thanks for your help.
I can’t stress enough that book readers should use the other thread. A couple bans are incoming, and undoubtedly there are more on the way later if people persist. Please use the other thread if you’ve read the books. Thank you.

Vashetti

Banned
Just finished "The Rains of Castamere" in my Season 3 rewatch.

Catelyn Stark is the biggest fuck-up ever isn't she?

As in, fantastic character and played amazingly by Michelle Fairley, but she's an awful mother.

Imagine how she must have felt in those final moments, watching Robb die, knowing Ned was already dead and having no clue where the rest of her children were...

Awful.

Nameless

As in, fantastic character and played amazingly by Michelle Fairley, but she's an awful mother.

Imagine how she must have felt in those final moments, watching Robb die, knowing Ned was already dead and having no clue where the rest of her children were...

Awful.

Her only mistake was having a dumbass fall from her twat. The Red Wedding was the end result of countless shifty decisions made by Robb. Shitty decisions which Caitlyn constantly advised against.

King in the North...I say the King who lost the North.

Her only mistake was having a dumbass fall from her twat. The Red Wedding was the end result of countless shifty decisions made by Robb. Shitty decisions which Caitlyn constantly advised against.

King in the North...I say the King who lost the North.

What a lovely phrase for childbirth. Frey levels of eloquence, right there :p

Awful.

Not sure if it's in that season, or in season 2 where she's talking to Jeyne. Telling the story about praying for Jon to get sick, then when does, she prays for him to make it through the night. Promising she'll change, treat him as her own etc. But once he got better she didn't follow up on her promises.

That moment is when I felt she described a perfect example of the type of person she is.

But the Red Wedding wasn't her fault at all. It was Robb and Robb alone.

Nameless

What a lovely phrase for childbirth. Frey levels of eloquence, right there :p

The tea is too hot.

64436-Walder-Frey-laughing-haha-gif-Qmdq.gif

Cornballer, is it okay to post here if we've read the books as long as we aren't spoiling anything? I just like participating in the discussion.
I'd prefer you didn't, and there have already been a few bans for it already when people either crossed the line or have been individually warned about it and persisted. I know (most) people mean well, but it inevitably results in spoilers and other problems if book readers continue to post in here.

Vashetti

Banned
Guys you're misinterpreting my point. I'm not saying Cat is to blame for the Red Wedding.

She's a fuck-up because she failed all of her children and Jon.

Not sure if it's in that season, or in season 2 where she's talking to Jeyne. Telling the story about praying for Jon to get sick, then when does, she prays for him to make it through the night. Promising she'll change, treat him as her own etc. But once he got better she didn't follow up on her promises.

That moment is when I felt she described a perfect example of the type of person she is.

But the Red Wedding wasn't her fault at all. It was Robb and Robb alone.

Who?! You mean Talisa right? And it's in Season 3.

I'd prefer you didn't, and there have already been a few bans for it already when people either crossed the line or have been individually warned about it and persisted. I know (most) people mean well, but it inevitably results in spoilers and other problems if book readers continue to post in here.

But what if we'd only read the Dunk and Egg stories doe?

Alright, thanks for the clarification. :)

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Guys you're misinterpreting my point. I'm not saying Cat is to blame for the Red Wedding.

But it all seems so fatalistic! How do you not blame Ned then for getting himself killed and abandoning them? Granted, Cat made mistakes, but she was also just kind of winging it right? I have so much trouble assigning moral blame to people in GoT lol.

Edit: agreed that the Red Wedding was all on Rob. Dat ass was fine, but you gotta resist it. Otherwise everybody dies, and they did :p
Edit 2: Also thanks very much Cornballer for (helping to run / trying to run / running) a spoiler free thread.

The only other music I heard composed by him was Pacific Rim and I thought it sucked, but the GoT score is genius.

Thinking back.

Hearing the Stark theme for the first time should have been a foreshadowing.

I only know his music from Person of Interest (edit: and it's absolutely awesome there!) besides GoT. But besides the theme song no other music from this show has stuck in my head :(.

Nameless

Well if you go back to her story about wishing death on a young Jon Snow, she thinks breaking her promise to the gods to love him is what brought ruin to her family. She had no idea

Koodo

Banned
Former Queen Catelyn only failed with the bastard to be quite honest. She was as close to ***flawless regarding everything and everyone else.

Oh, her friendship with little finger was revolting too.

Ploid 3.0

Storm preventing Directv from playing GoT, I'm so lucky. Of all the storms this week this had to be the one to prevent directv and right when GoT is to start. Today's episode must be awesome. :(

Vashetti

Banned
Former Queen Catelyn only failed with the bastard to be quite honest. She was as close to ***flawless regarding everything and everyone else.

Oh, her friendship with little finger was revolting too.

He wanted to give her a little finger if you know what I mean

hurr durr

Yes, Talisa...Sorry, sometimes I forget the names and I have the GoT wiki open in a few tabs and Jeyne was one of them, from season 1. For some reason I confused the names and wrote that.

Blader

HBO Go shitting the bed once again. Guess they took away absolutely nothing from the True Detective finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom