• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
The weird thing is Oberyon winning and Tyrion going free seems like the most obvious outcome which makes me scared because we all know how GRRM works.

Ugh. Almost time. Elreally looking forward to this and scared at the same time.

Spoilers for aftermath of the episode:

i9t0ihO5GjSfe.gif

there is a GoT Crusader Kings mod which is supposed to be pretty good. I've stayed away since it is based on the books though

I've been playing quite a lot of it, and there are historical starts that are hundreds of years before the events of the series, so you can avoid spoilers that way. Just as an example, I'm currently doing a playthrough as Aegon the Conquerer, who was the first Targaryen king and the one who united the Seven Kingdoms. Because your actions can change the events of the normal timeline, you can avoid spoilers.

I have played as King Robb in the Clash of Kings / season 2 historical start and was able to completely change the events of the series. Unless you start in the A Feast For Crows or A Storm of Swords arcs, you should be able to avoid spoilers. That being said, I do not know if specific plot points will trigger if you do this. I would recommend playing something towards the beginning of the timeline, like I did with Aegon, just to be safe. It's a good way to learn the map and the major houses, and depending on where you start from, the specific events that happened before the show (such as Robert's Rebellion).

Nameless

I've been playing quite a lot of it, and there are historical starts that are hundreds of years before the events of the series, so you can avoid spoilers that way. Just as an example, I'm currently doing a playthrough as Aegon the Conquerer, who was the first Targaryen king and the one who united the Seven Kingdoms. Because your actions can change the events of the normal timeline, you can avoid spoilers.

I have played as King Robb in the Clash of Kings / season 2 historical start and was able to completely change the events of the series. Unless you start in the A Feast For Crows or A Storm of Swords arcs, you should be able to avoid spoilers. That being said, I do not know if specific plot points will trigger if you do this. I would recommend playing something towards the beginning of the timeline, like I did with Aegon, just to be safe. It's a good way to learn the map and the major houses, and depending on where you start from, the specific events that happened before the show (such as Robert's Rebellion).

Wait wait wait wait...are you telling me I can play as King Stannis and win the Battle of Blackwater?

tumblr_n5g5pb4Xpi1qmfr3fo6_250.gif

I started watching Game Of Thrones a couple of weeks ago and I'm all caught up. The new episode starts today right? I'm so tense about the battle. I wish Jaime fought it but he had no chance against the Mountain.

Wait wait wait wait...are you telling me I can play as King Stannis and win the Battle of Blackwater?

tumblr_n5g5pb4Xpi1qmfr3fo6_250.gif

You can play as Stannis and WIN the throne. You can establish a Baratheon dynasty to last until the end of time.

Although I think Renly dies no matter what you do. I'm not sure.

EDIT: I'll go try it right now and post results.

Team Oberyn.

I feel like his character has been built up more than just to be cleaved by The Mountain. He still needs to enact vengeance on the rest of the Lannisters.

Plus, he's just a badass.

PVRing the episode tonight.......I guess I should go on Twitter/Facebook blackout until I get home and watch......

This is the only way.

Nameless

Stannis can't have the throne because that essentially means Melisandre has the throne.

You say this like it's a bad thing. Who better than a Holy Fire Queen to guide Westeros through the darkness of Winter?

You can play as Stannis and WIN the throne. You can establish a Baratheon dynasty to last until the end of time.

It felt amazing that, didn't it? Be honest.

I liked Renly but he chose the wrong side.

King Renly! I must play this game

I'm pretty sure he kicks the bucket regardless of what you do if you start from the ACOK mark. You would have to start from when Robert is king and work your way up the ladder.

My computer crashed, but I got Stannis on the Iron Throne. The Tyrells and the Second Sons joined my cause and we absolutely destroyed the Lannisters. I was handing out justice on Cersei when my computer died.

Nameless

I'm pretty sure he kicks the bucket regardless of what you do if you start from the ACOK mark. You would have to start from when Robert is king and work your way up the ladder.

My computer crashed, but I got Stannis on the Iron Throne. The Tyrells and the Second Sons joined my cause and we absolutely destroyed the Lannisters. I was handing out justice on Cersei when my computer died.

Can you refuse a house's oath of fealty and crush them anyway?

Can you refuse a house's oath of fealty and crush them anyway?

No. You can revoke their titles if you're their liege, but you can't refuse their fealty. There are choice options though. For example, when I was playing as Aegon the Conquerer, I had the choice to establish the Kingdom of The Iron Throne or to create the Empire of New Valyria.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'm thinking Oberyn is going to win since they've made a big deal about having him constantly announce that he has this mission of revenge he's looking to carry out. Then again, I totally thought Rob and Co. were safe when they were talking about battle strategies, making you think they wouldn't waste time having them set up a battle that was never going to happen. Next thing you know, the Red Wedding. So who knows.. imagine if Oberyn loses and Tyrion is quickly beheaded and the episode ends, Ned Stark style.

I would seriously lose my shit and call the FCC on HBO for emotional distress.

I want to play this. I see a game called Europa Universalis IV on steam's homepage. Which one is better?

I can't remember but did Robb know about Theon taking over Winterfell and thinking that Bran and Rickon were dead when he died? or did that all happen after the whole red wedding?

Mr.Mike

I want to play this. I see a game called Europa Universalis IV on steam's homepage. Which one is better?

Well, if you want to play the Game of Thrones mod you're gonna have to get Crusader Kings 2. But besides that, Crusader Kings is more about your dynasty, taking place during the medival era, wheras Europa Universalis is more about nation states during the age of discovery. I'd generally recommend EUIV to people new to Grand Strategy since it's a lot more friendly to new players while still being really deep. But if you want to play the GoT mod certainly go for CK2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466864

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I can't remember but did Robb know about Theon taking over Winterfell and thinking that Bran and Rickon were dead when he died? or did that all happen after the whole red wedding?

Robb knew Theon took over. Remember Robb was like I'm turning my army around and going home, and then that snake Bolton goes, "chill dude, I got this. I'm going to send my bastard to deal with it my King *snickers*", and Robb just agrees to it? I don't know if word reached him later about the supposed deaths of his brothers.

Well, if you want to play the Game of Thrones mod you're gonna have to get Crusader Kings 2. But besides that, Crusader Kings is more about your dynasty, taking place during the medival era, wheras Europa Universalis is more about nation states during the age of discovery.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466864

Thank you. I've been checking around, CK2 was just $9.99 a couple weeks back. Europa is $9.99 right now. Might just get both.

Mr.Mike

Thank you. I've been checking around, CK2 was just $9.99 a couple weeks back. Europa is $9.99 right now. Might just get both.

If you do buy both there's a tool that lets you take a save from CK2 and convert it into an EUIV 'mod'. It's a paid dlc for CK2 I'm pretty sure.

So with DLC you can play a game in Ck2 from the 800's to the 1400s and then continue the game in EUIV from 1400s to 1821. But we're getting off-topic here.

I think one of the Lannisters are gonna die today. If not Tyrion then Cersei when she tries to kill Tyrion anyway.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Woooooot!! What a long two weeks. Time to crack a beer. Is Little Finger going to (try to) fuck Sansa

Damn cable provider screwing me over on tonight's episode---probably won't be able to watch this until early tomorrow morning, and that's only if they are on the ball with getting it up on OnDemand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom