• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siegcram

I'm guessing the Mountain has to live because there must be a huge duel between him and the Hound to resolve all their issues, so I'm betting on the Mountain to win or an interruption that causes both to live.
Or GRRM is trolling us and the Mountain dies from a little scratch by Oberyn's poisoned spear and the Hound drops from the zombie bite.

Enco

Not directly related to the show but..

I've been playing CK2 recently and it's very similar in tone. I can see why people can be so evil in that time. I wanted to be a good person but ended up doing terrible things. I stayed away from violence for the most part but was still a bad person. I cheated on my wife, slept with a wench, slept with my best friends wife and fell in love with another married woman. Got caught in the end after the woman got pregnant. Husband confronted me and I felt like an awful person so instead of imprisoning him or killing him I apologised and warned him not to kill me.

Lets not even talk about how my own daughter wants me. So yea... the GoT world seems less mind boggling now. I blame the era. There's not much else to do.

Just wanted to share. Sorry if you don't think it's appropriate.

Back on topic, I don't think Oberyn will die. He seems too important. I agree that the fight might be interrupted and no one dies but we'll see.

yeah even though i love boromir. and i thought i'd love ned stark when i started the book series (a few years ago now).....he's a freaking idiot and doesn't belong in this world.

that tyrion quote to oberynn is pretty much a tagline for the series. should be on the poster.

no country for honor

I'm guessing the Mountain has to live because there must be a huge duel between him and the Hound to resolve all their issues, so I'm betting on the Mountain to win or an interruption that causes both to live.

No way. If that happens it's gonna be like the main event of Wrestlemania ending with a DQ. Someone must die.

No way. If that happens it's gonna be like the main event of Wrestlemania ending with a DQ. Someone must die.
In terms of pro wrestling finishes, there is also the option where both of them die at the same time and then there is a big kerfuffle about what that means for Tyrion. Of course, in pro wrestling that results in Vince coming out and restarting the match whereas that would be impossible in GoT.

New episode tonight:
The Mountain and the Viper

Unexpected visitors arrive in Mole's Town; Littlefinger's motives are questioned; Ramsay tries to prove himself to his father; Tyrion's fate is decided.

Sophie Turner, yeah.

#QueenoftheNorth
We ride together mate, you know of what you speak of.
w088ctT.gif

I'm so happy it's back tonight

Yup, can't wait!

3 episodes left. Who's going to die before the season ends? Obvious options are Tyrion, Oberyn, Gregor.

Who else could die? Will we see another crazy 9th episode like previous seasons or was the shock episode early on with Joffreys death?

Exciting!

Not directly related to the show but..

I've been playing CK2 recently and it's very similar in tone. I can see why people can be so evil in that time. I wanted to be a good person but ended up doing terrible things. I stayed away from violence for the most part but was still a bad person. I cheated on my wife, slept with a wench, slept with my best friends wife and fell in love with another married woman. Got caught in the end after the woman got pregnant. Husband confronted me and I felt like an awful person so instead of imprisoning him or killing him I apologised and warned him not to kill me.

Lets not even talk about how my own daughter wants me. So yea... the GoT world seems less mind boggling now. I blame the era. There's not much else to do.

Just wanted to share. Sorry if you don't think it's appropriate.

Back on topic, I don't think Oberyn will die. He seems too important. I agree that the fight might be interrupted and no one dies but we'll see.
Just a heads up, there's a Game Of Thrones mod for the game. There are historical campaigns you can play which are spoiler free, however the show era "open warfare" campaigns contain spoilers so watch out.

Ovid

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 1

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 2

Complete History and Lore of Westeros Part 3

I'm horrendously lttp on these, but my goodness are they fantastic. Not sure why they're buried as special features on the Blu-Rays; this is easily something they could have edited and aired before or after the seasons. The illustrations, the narration, and the music are all top notch. These are pretty much required viewing for Thrones fans... best watched on a television.
Finished watching two of them.

Enco

Just a heads up, there's a Game Of Thrones mod for the game. There are historical campaigns you can play which are spoiler free, however the show era "open warfare" campaigns contain spoilers so watch out.
I actually tried that out a while ago and it seemed awesome. Hasn't been updated recently though :(

I finally died and I can't bring my self to carry on with my current save. So much cheating. So many ruined marriages. I couldn't stop.. I feel like a bad person.

Hopefully the GoT mod is updated soon. I don't think we'll ever get a better GoT game.

Vashetti

Banned
It will be funny if after making people wait forever, they don't resolve the trial this episode.

There's only three episodes left and they've dragged out the trial long enough.

I think they made a point of having Oberyn declare himself Tyrion's champion in the last episode, have the two week break to get people excited, and then resolve it in this first episode back.

Filaipus

Banned
Can anyone make a countdown timer to the next episode? I always get lost with the hours, different time schedules and such. Thanks!

Vashetti

Banned
I think the Mountain might just forfeit if Oberyn monologues about his sister like he has to every other character this season.

I'm thinking Oberyn is going to win since they've made a big deal about having him constantly announce that he has this mission of revenge he's looking to carry out. Then again, I totally thought Rob and Co. were safe when they were talking about battle strategies, making you think they wouldn't waste time having them set up a battle that was never going to happen. Next thing you know, the Red Wedding. So who knows.. imagine if Oberyn loses and Tyrion is quickly beheaded and the episode ends, Ned Stark style.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The weird thing is Oberyon winning and Tyrion going free seems like the most obvious outcome which makes me scared because we all know how GRRM works.

Ugh. Almost time. Elreally looking forward to this and scared at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom