• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

My only complaint is that an asteroid didn't drop from the sky and wipe out that entire fucking storyline.

BvDzSn5.gif

demolitio

Interesting. He said that in season one, and was apparently referring to Catelyn. Do you think he meant Sansa even then?

In that case, maybe because House Tully was one of the Great Houses? Littlefinger didn't have that luxury and had to work his way into a respected position so maybe he thought marrying Catelyn would give him major recognition which his house lacked. He was always looking to make moves but you need to have a Great House behind you and the recognition to get others to follow you.

That's just my guess if that was about Catelyn. He always wanted more power and being associated with a Great House like House Tully would be a big step up for him at that point. I mean, he married Lysa just to get into a better position with House Aryn and The Vale and is now grooming Robyn basically giving him a lot of power and leadership for his next move. Now imagine if he uses Sansa to get some houses in the North to follow him and he'd have himself quite the army to take the throne.

He's always looking for more power.

potam

Banned
In that case, maybe because House Tully was one of the Great Houses? Littlefinger didn't have that luxury and had to work his way into a respected position so maybe he thought marrying Catelyn would give him major recognition which his house lacked. He was always looking to make moves but you need to have a Great House behind you and the recognition to get others to follow you.

That's just my guess if that was about Catelyn. He always wanted more power and being associated with a Great House like House Tully would be a big step up for him at that point. I mean, he married Lysa just to get into a better position with House Aryn and The Vale and is now grooming Robyn basically giving him a lot of power and leadership for his next move. Now imagine if he uses Sansa to get some houses in the North to follow him and he'd have himself quite the army to take the throne.

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that doesn't seem very Littlefinger-ish. However he goes after the throne, I don't see him doing it by force.

Jaeger

Why/where was Jon Snow going at the end of the ep? I was confused a bit. They had Mance, and many important scaries dead. Why was he leaving, again?

Herne

Well said, that's probably what it is alright. Fascinating character, Littlefinger. Looking forward to more of him in season five :)

Back to this episode, when I saw Slynt opening the door with the key, I actually thought he was going to get into an erm... rapey mood. After all, for all he knew it was his last night alive. I thought Sam would come back in time to see him try it and kill him. Was very glad to see he hadn't, though - I laughed when Sam found him cowering behind the door. I hope his cowardice is mentioned to the other brothers.

Awesome, awesome episode all the way through. Though I don't see why Jon has to go try to kill Mance - why can't they just destroy the tunnel like he suggested? Surely that wouldn't take long to do?

NolbertoS

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that doesn't seem very Littlefinger-ish. However he goes after the throne, I don't see him doing it by force.

Well, put it this way. Littlefinger would rathet all thr houses beat each othet to a bloody pulp and when there all tired and decimated, he would come marching into King's Landing unopposed with a huge army. Littlefinger would rathet be behind the shadows and let others do his bidding before he takea credit.

potam

Banned
Well, put it this way. Littlefinger would rathet all thr houses beat each othet to a bloody pulp and when there all tired and decimated, he would come marching into King's Landing unopposed with a huge army. Littlefinger would rathet be behind the shadows and let others do his bidding before he takea credit.

Yeah, but would he be able to amass a giant army without raising the suspicions of the other houses?

NolbertoS

I honestly can't even remember who the wildling leader is, when was the last time we saw him?

They ahowed him in the preview of GOT thrones today before they began the episode. I think he was last shown in Season 2?? From what I remember. He used to be a member of the Nights watch but fled north and lived with the Wildlings.

demolitio

Yeah, but would he be able to amass a giant army without raising the suspicions of the other houses?

But would it matter if those houses are already beaten and broke if he has The Vale and The North behind him?

Robb was winning most of the war but his skills were lacking in the very areas where Lord Baelish is a pro.

No matter what, he needs SOME big names behind him and there's no avoiding a conflict to take the throne even if it's easier than anyone expected. It's more about having support AFTER he takes the throne than anything else in my eyes so now it's a matter of IF he can pull it off. He's instigated these wars weakening the other houses big enough to field such a huge army and now he can pick up the pieces, especially since The Vale "coincidentally" didn't get involved in the war before.

Now he has to worry about Stannis and possibly Roose Bolton who probably has bigger ambitions eventually. Who knows about Dany being stuck so far off dealing with the issues there but I'm sure he's thinking about ways to deal with her too. Much like real life government, he probably has numerous contingency plans just like getting Sansa out the second time.

Mind you, that's obviously just my opinion but Littlefinger is playing the long-term game while others look at the short-term.

Cloudy

Banned
Look at you motherfuckers jumping on the Missandei bandwagon. I was on that shit a season ago before the nude scene.

I was on that shit was like 3 years ago when she was on an ep of Mis-Fits

1026973_nathalie-emmanuel.jpg

Look up MisFits s3e1 for the nsfw stuff.

%28dpa%29NathalieEmmanuel22308657-scaled.jpg

She's a goddess <3

PS: The guy who plays Ramsey Bolton was also on that show. It's quite good

Cloudy

Banned
lol at all the people having trouble tell the characters apart. It isn't that hard.....

There's a lot. For me, it's character motivations that I keep forgetting (and I've read 3 of the books)

Why did Jon even have to go to the wall in the first place? I really can't remember lol

Who was the guy that said im gonna eat yo momma... The one with wierd ridge patterns on the face? Did he die this episode?

Edit: crap. My first guess was he was mance.

NolbertoS

I've dated half black/white chicks in my lifetime, but none as beautiful as Nathalie Emmanuel. Definitely peaked my interest on Missandei now. Her hair straight is perfect for her. Any other shows she did in the UK before joining GOT?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Honestly you gotta rewatch the show at least once to catch everything. But then also read the tv show wiki and watch the official background videos for maximum knowledge. Makes the viewing experience so much better.

NolbertoS

There's a lot. For me, it's character motivations that I keep forgetting (and I've read 3 of the books)

Why did Jon even have to go to the wall in the first place? I really can't remember lol

I thought he led them over the wall, so they know where best to get by Castle Black patrols. Only Ygritte knew he has doing it to save his skin and volunteered to help. Too bad she died :(. I was expectin her to be the new queen of the north when ahe married Jok Snow. Now Snow will be like Robert Baratheon, mourning over a long dead love.

Dennis

Banned
lol do people just switch off their brains when they watch the show?

Come on, Mance was in Season 3 and cannibal guy was only in Season 4 and he clearly wasn't the top dog of the wilding army.

Sajjaja

Because he was honor bound after feeling like an outcast in Winterfell despite being raised as a highborn. Was the only way he felt he could live up to being of Stark lineage and be recognized past being a bastard.

Cloudy

Banned
I thought he led them over the wall, so they know where best to get by Castle Black patrols. Only Ygritte knew he has doing it to save his skin and volunteered to help. Too bad she died :(. I was expectin her to be the new queen of the north when ahe married Jok Snow. Now Snow will be like Robert Baratheon, mourning over a long dead love.

Nah, I mean like why he was sent to Castle Black

Any other shows she did in the UK before joining GOT?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2812026/

She's in Fast and Furious 7 so it seems she is getting bigger roles. I love it

potam

Banned

Wasn't it his own choice? His uncle was in the Watch, and it's not as if he'd ever inherit any land or power in Winterfell. He was basically an angsty teen running off to join the Foreign Legion.

Noirulus

Samwell finally speaking up and acting like a man was the highlight of his episode. Fuck yeah Sam!

My only complaint is that an asteroid didn't drop from the sky and wipe out that entire fucking storyline.

Oh come the hell on, sure Jon Snow's storyline is relatively weak compared to the rest, but this episode was fucking phenomenal. We finally got a great battle scene.

NolbertoS

He was partly sent because Catelyn didn'y want him around. Though Ned talked to Jon and told him that his uncle served in the Night watch and it was an honour to serve there, and not a punishment. I think he did it so Jon can get fighting experience that if Ned had lived, would've recalled Jon and maybe married him off to another noblewoman. I hope next season they flesh out, who Jon's mom was. Robert Baratheon stated she was a great beautiful woman to have made Ned Stark commit sin. There must be a good story behind it.

Edit: Also, hope we also see Robert Baratheon's bastard son's character more and how he plays out in the Game of Thrones plotline.

teepo

i got strong Dragon's Dogma vibes as that giant was charging towards the six crows in that narrow passage way. so awesome.

man i got so many helms deep vibes. this episode was fcking amazing!

So many characters died and in brutal ways my reaction throughout the episode just turned to this.
1nf28JU.gif

Rur0ni

Worst episode of the season by far since all the characters involve with the wall are boring as fuck

Have to agree. Good thing a bad episode in GoT standards is still great TV. The action was good, the speeches good. Allister stepping up was nice, got some quick points. I thought Ygritte might kill Snow for a second there. What was annoying is this whole "100" crows bit, and it's taking forever to kill everyone despite how quickly the kill count is racking up. Didn't flow well for me. Best part were the 1-on-1 duels though.

Anyway, reason why this wasn't really great to me is because the wall basically blows. I really cannot stand when Sam is taking up screen time. I have a hard time relating to him in any way compared to any other character. His "practical get-it-done" attitude wasn't surprising, and not believable. You're shit Sam. Who genuinely likes this guy? Perhaps someone as Charmin soft as him? Watching prostitutes burp songs is more interesting.

Looks like next episode is back to good shit. Then a year of waiting again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom