• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Fork

The white walkers are boring to me, I don't get why people want them to show up so much. They just walk around looking ominous, staring at people. We know next to nothing about them except they look evil and presumably turn babies into them. Until one of them starts talking and explaining why they exist I'm not that interested. But I'm not really into any of the supernatural elements of this show in general. Give me more Tyrion/Arya/little finger stuff all the time.

Cyan

Banned
Man. Damn fine episode. Really nice change of pace to just stick with one place and one main event the whole time. Lot of great stuff, but it was nice to see Sam finally man up. :)

I really hope Slynt doesn't wind up in charge somehow.

Preview:
Looks like Bran might finally find the three-eyed raven? And we'll finally see what happens to Tyrion? And Arya might finally meet up with a living family member? Plz be true.

demolitio

The white walkers are boring to me, I don't get why people want them to show up so much. They just walk around looking ominous, staring at people. We know next to nothing about them except they look evil and presumably turn babies into them. Until one of them starts talking and explaining why they exist I'm not that interested. But I'm not really into any of the supernatural elements of this show in general. Give me more Tyrion/Arya/little finger stuff all the time.

Maybe because we want them to do more than just staring at people? Isn't that the whole point?

I want them to show up so we get more from them instead of the same teasing we've gotten for every season so far. They're a part of the show's mythology which is nothing but a mystery right now that I'd love answers to.

Not to mention that's when Bran will finally get to be a badass presumably.

reKon

Banned
I lost when the Giants were slaying people with the arrows. Dude flew 50ft in the air. So many amazing parts to this episode. Easily most entertaining show on television right now

Maybe because we want them to do more than just staring at people? Isn't that the whole point?

I want them to show up so we get more from them instead of the same teasing we've gotten for every season so far.

I think that will be the series finale. Well, not the last episode but perhaps the last season. Winter is coming is the main tagline of the show, I think everything we've seen is nothing compared to what will happen by the end.

DominoKid

Man the way GoT goes I was worried Jon wasn't going to make it out of that fight. I was hoping Ygritte would come through and save him.

He put in some serious work in this episode.

Tormund had a shitload of kills too.

Angry Fork

Preview:
Looks like Bran might finally find the three-eyed raven? And we'll finally see what happens to Tyrion? And Arya might finally meet up with a living family member? Plz be true.

I want Jaaqen Hagaar to show up again, as the first face/actor we saw, then Arya leaves with him to learn spy/assasins creed/thief things.

demolitio

I think that will be the series finale. Well, not the last episode but perhaps the last season. Winter is coming is the main tagline of the show, I think everything we've seen is nothing compared to what will happen by the end.

I can't see that being the end since so many stories are leading up to that. Bran's dreams, Dany's dreams and her dragons (fire vs. ice I presume), Old Gods and The Lord of Light (fuck The Seven since nothing cool seems attributed to them), etc.

I see it happening after Stannis is king, but there's no way the whole story could end on such an epic cliff-hanger no matter how much GRRM likes to troll.

The thing I liked was that we got to see the wall, the north, castle black, the outer gate, and where the wildlings are coming from all in relation to each other and the layout of everything. Some nice big wide shots and crane shots to show everything.

I didn't realize they were that close until Gilly ran by. Maybe I missed something from the last time they set up camp. But I agree that they layout of where everyone stood was conveyed well.

zkylon

zkylewd
see all of this shit would be cool if after last episode i was giving a shit about anything but what's happening to tyrion

guess it was entertaining and it was original to have the entire episode dedicated to the siege and it'll set up for a cool finale but i kept hoping that they'd cut to king's landing and show something i was actually interested in

Really enjoyed the episode, the wall scythe was amazing.

Still I don't think the show excels whenever it focuses on action. It was impressive, but I prefer the slower moments of the show.

I didn't realize they were that close until Gilly ran by. Maybe I missed something from the last time they set up camp. But I agree that they layout of where everyone stood was conveyed well.
I definitely thought they were using her to get someone at Castle Black to open the gates so that they could storm in.

YYOU KNOWW NNOTHING JON SNOW

*dead*
I kind of wish she didn't say that. Only time it took me out of the episode because it was some generic shit you see from above average shows. In a realistic (in terms of people) show such as this, why would she say that? Just silly.

I stll felt sad for her, but I assumed she would die either this episode or the next. I didn't see a way out of it. I don't see Jon dieing until the season finale and I'm 100% convinced of it. If he dies earlier, it will be Ned Stark shocker level of surprise with my jaw being on the floor for a few minutes
days

Someone needs to do a kill count for each character.

I still think Daeny has the highest.

I can't see that being the end since so many stories are leading up to that. Bran's dreams, Dany's dreams and her dragons (fire vs. ice I presume), Old Gods and The Lord of Light (fuck The Seven since nothing cool seems attributed to them), etc.

I see it happening after Stannis is king, but there's no way the whole story could end on such an epic cliff-hanger no matter how much GRRM likes to troll.

That's what I'm saying though, I think all of that will be resolved one way or another before the white walkers. The show started with the WW and it will end there. That's the real threat. There would be no cliffhangers.

Vhagar

Neo Member
I think this episode would have worked better if it were episode 8 and then Oberyn/Mountain was episode 9. Feels like it would be better if they made the audience wait an extra week for the trial by combat rather than make us wait an extra week to find out whether Tyrion lives or dies.

But nevertheless, in one weeks time the ordering of the episodes is going to be essentially irrelevant. Still an incredible episode by the way.

Pathos

Banned
Great episode, it was really well done. I gotta admit when that guy went through the roof, it was pretty hilarious lol. Gonna miss Ygritte, she was cute.

demolitio

I still think Daeny has the highest.

That's what I'm saying though, I think all of that will be resolved one way or another before the white walkers. The show started with the WW and it will end there. That's the real threat. There would be no cliffhangers.

Sorry, misread. I hope that's not the case since that would mean so many more teases and more build-up for characters like Bran that seem to specifically center around that issue.

I still partially think the white walkers represent the Old Gods looking stop the spread of the Lord of Light and the blasphemy against their faith since most people have not only turned away from them, but destroyed their places of worship, etc. with even the number of families in the North that worship them dwindling.

After watching those history of Westeros features and learning about the children of the forest, there seems to be some really interesting stuff tied to the Old Gods and the Starks. Also, something from the HBO GoT game in iOS that goes into the back-story and a prophecy that makes the whole story even more interesting, but I've said before that I didn't know if I could talk about that here although it's from HBO.

You could be very right though. The end game could be resolving the white walker crisis with all these different families coming together to stop it leaving Westeros in a much more peaceful and cooperative state and reminding them of the Old Ways that shouldn't be forgotten or something.

Dany's dreams in The House of the Undying made me have a lot more speculation on the matter as well.

Speevy

Banned
Sam's advice to that little boy is hilarious.

"Fight them!" as he gets away from the thick of the battle and his friends are dying around him.

kingkitty

Best action I've ever seen on this show.

Rip Ygritte, you had some issues, but at least you had a corny catchphrase.

Rip Jon Snow's bros.

I feared this ep was gonna be like the Alamo, with everyone getting slaughtered by the wildlings. But this time the good guys get a small victory. And this ep even made Alliser sort of likable

Looking at what this episode achieved, I bet it took up 90 percent of the season's budget. Which could mean the season finale will be My Dinner with Andre, but with Tyrion and Jaime.

Herne

Sorry to not be talking about tonight's episode, but something has been bothering me. When Littlefinger is talking to his prostitutes in an earlier season, he said something that has always stuck with me and with what's been going on recently with him and Sansa, it's been brought to mind once more.

I know that he was fostered at Riverrun when he was younger, and he fell in love with Catelyn. She only saw him as a brother, so that went nowhere, but he remained either in love with or at least interested with her, helping both her and Ned when they were in King's Landing. Now that Catelyn is gone, and his interest has turned to Sansa, I remember again what he said. This is the exchange -

Prostitute - "Why don't you join us, my lord?"
Littlefinger - "I'm saving myself for another.
Prostitute - "She must be very beautiful."
Littlefinger - "No, not really. Impeccable bloodlines, though."

What is it about the Tully's that Littlefinger is so interested in, other than his being in love with Catelyn? He also took an interest in Sansa when she was younger, and now this has become his more recent obsession. It's what he said about their bloodlines that is bothering me - what impeccable bloodlines? Why say that? What significance does it have?

Maybe it's nothing, but I'm sure they wouldn't have written this in the script if it meant nothing at all. Perhaps there's something more to his interest in mother and daughter...

I spoiled myself of tonights death before hand so it wasn't that shocking but it was pretty amazing quality action for a cable show. That shot highlighting everyone was epic. Second best long take after true detective

I also echo the feeling it went by so fast.

demolitio

Sorry to not be talking about tonight's episode, but something has been bothering me. When Littlefinger is talking to his prostitutes in an earlier season, he said something that has always stuck with me and with what's been going on recently with him and Sansa, it's been brought to mind once more.

I know that he was fostered at Riverrun when he was younger, and he fell in love with Catelyn. She only saw him as a brother, so that went nowhere, but he remained either in love with or at least interested with her, helping both her and Ned when they were in King's Landing. Now that Catelyn is gone, and his interest has turned to Sansa, I remember again what he said. This is the exchange -

Prostitute - "Why don't you join us, my lord?"
Littlefinger - "I'm saving myself for another.
Prostitute - "She must be very beautiful."
Littlefinger - "No, not really. Impeccable bloodlines, though."

What is it about the Tully's that Littlefinger is so interested in, other than his being in love with Catelyn? He also took an interest in Sansa when she was younger, and now this has become his more recent obsession. It's what he said about their bloodlines that is bothering me - what impeccable bloodlines? Why say that? What significance does it have?

Maybe it's nothing, but I'm sure they wouldn't have written this in the script if it meant nothing at all. Perhaps there's something more to his interest in mother and daughter...

Partially his love for Catelyn, but in Sansa's case, her bloodlines in the North. He has the eldest Stark child left living and that is his key to the North in his eyes.

The Starks are one of the oldest and most respected families so I don't think it's about her having Tully blood in this case. He loved Catelyn and Sansa reminds him of her, but it's also Sansa's paternal bloodline that entices him. She's beautiful and important to the North so what could be better?

He's playing "the game of thrones" much more patiently than the rest.

Cloudy

Banned
Damn, how could I (we) forget. Best looking gal on the show right now next to Lena Headey.

Wrong

250px-Missandei_season_3_ep_1.jpg

Herne

Partially his love for Catelyn, but in Sansa's case, her bloodlines in the North. He has the eldest Stark child left living and that is his key to the North in his eyes.

The Starks are one of the oldest and most respected families so I don't think it's about her having Tully blood in this case. He loved Catelyn and Sansa reminds him of her, but it's also Sansa's paternal bloodline that entices him. She's beautiful and important to the North so what could be better?

He's playing "the game of thrones" much more patiently than the rest.

Interesting. He said that in season one, and was apparently referring to Catelyn. Do you think he meant Sansa even then?

Did Alisser die? He was pretty badass this episode, pretty much redeemed himself since I always thought how he gave Jon Snow shit was hilarious anyway

For those who watched the preview of the next episode...
looks like Brienne's pauldron in the bottom left corner being confronted by the Hound. This could get interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom