• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarus

That was a great episode although I've had all of the major events tonight spoiled through youtube comments and other places on the internet, besides the bran and arya stuff.

potam

Banned
can I get a god damn? Best finale so far of the series. And that final tease with Arya...can't wait to see her in Braavos

Busaiku

So what the heck is gonna happen in King's Landing now.
Will it even function properly.
No Varys and no Little Finger either.

I never would've expected Tywin to go before Cersei.

TheContact

Wow what a great episode. Seeing the cavalry roll in was awesome and so was the dragons in chains scene and the fight between brianne and sandor. Wonder if he's dead. Probably is but I'm one of those people where if they don't die on screen then I'm skeptical they're really dead. The ending was cool I just wish we saw some white walkers. Also that shot of melissandre through the fire was awesome. OMG and that child Mage and the skeleton fight. That was cooooool

Now the wait for season 5 :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Varys has a 6th sense for knowing when bullshit might have a chance of effecting him.

He looked back at the castle like, "there's a 17.98% chance I could be blamed for Tywin's murder.........................NOPE"

even 1% is too much with the queen

Ovid

I wasn't expecting to see so much Arya.

Great episode. Fantastic season.

Now we have to wait until April/March 2015 :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
On tonight's episode of Tyrion Murders Everyone...

... but I actually liked the skeleton attack. The effects were amazingly well done for television and to be honest it makes sense: Bran and co. are not in Kansas anymore. The real heavy dark side shit and magic do exist but people down in Westeros have been busy fighting over a dumb chair. They have no clue what is going to fall on them and don't realize that all their ancient legends are true.

Wild child was silly but Brianne v Hound and Tyrion v Tywin elevated this episode to god tier status.
It's not a child. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you watch the 3 hour HBO background before the events of first season, those are actually pygmy people called "children of the forest"

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
For people who have not read the books your faces must have melted and heads exploded after this episode.
Mine:
693.gif

Melisandre gave Jon a weird look, something is definitely going to happen between them next season.

I can't believe we have to wait so long, so sad it's over.

It's not a child. Correct me if I'm wrong but if you watch the 3 hour HBO background before the events of first season, those are actually pygmy people called "children of the forest"
I know, but seeing this little girl hurling pyromancy spells at skeletons was just a funny visual.

Ovid

So what the heck is gonna happen in King's Landing now.
Will it even function properly.

I never would've expected Tywin to go before Cersei.
Varys is gone. Picelle is gone. Baelish is gone.

The small counsel is nonexistent. Mace Tyrell and Tommen?

King's Landing will no longer be the center.

On tonight's episode of Tyrion Murders Everyone...

... but I actually liked the skeleton attack. The effects were amazingly well done for television and to be honest it makes sense: Bran and co. are not in Kansas anymore. The real heavy dark side shit and magic do exist but people down in Westeros have been busy fighting over a dumb chair. They have no clue what is going to fall on them and don't realize that all their ancient legends are true.

I did too, was really rather impressed with that for TV like you. Both the skeletons and magic. Plus they kept focused on it and zoomed in on it so they didn't do it cheap either.

demolitio

Holy shit. I did call Tywin dying due to all the hints (they even had the Rains of Castamere playing during the scene which confirmed I wasn't crazy seeing those hints before). I expected Jaime to free Tyrion, but I didn't expect him to kill Shae and Tywin (just expected Tywin to die).

The Hound vs. Brienne was the saddest fight of the season. I thought Stannis might have gone north first and mentioned it a few times as well but then thought this season might end with them showing his huge army. As soon as they showed the recap of them talking about going north first, that pretty much sealed the deal just like the "valar morghulis" shit in the recap gave away where Arya was finally going to head off to even though that was expected for quite some time.

Such an awesome finale. Just glad Tywin is dead although I'm sad since I enjoyed his character. I just knew it had to be coming and knew they weren't throwing those hints in there for nothing.

pargonta

i'm so stoked to see some spell casting, been waiting for that shoe to drop. loved the skeleton fight and that it represents more fantastical elements. what even is kings landing now.. it's gonna be weird. enjoyed the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom