• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

That was an amazing fucking episode!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!

The Hound Brienne fight was incredible and holy shit was it brutal! Loved it!
Arya leaving the Hound to die while he begged for mercy was absolutely AMAZING! I can't wait yo go back and watch the season again to see if that was foreshadowed.
Arya has become my favorite Stark?
The Bran scene was incredible!!! Even though I was confused as fuck at the end and who that tree guy was it was intriguing nonetheless. Poor Jojen though :-(
wtf with Dany locking up her dragons!?!??!? That as so sad. Also what happened to that huge black one? He was much much bigger than those two. So is he on the loose now? Maybe he will try and free his brothers? Dany losing her power by the second now :-(
Omg omg omg the Tyrion scene!?!?!?!!? Shae you bitch! I couldn't fucking believe it?!?!?! She was fucking Tywin the whole time?!?!? Fuck her!
And what about Tywins holier than thou bullshit about whores? What a piece of shit. I'm so glad he got his due. I wish Tyrion had put a few more in him. Funny he died on the shitter. I wonder if it was gold lol
And the final scene with Arya was great! So is that guy going to take her to the wall now? I didn't quite understand. She have him the coin of that shapeshifter guy and all of a sudden he let her on the ship.
Anyways fucking great episode!!

I need season five inside my ass right now!

Just make sure you wash it first.

Didn't seem like Tyrion killed Tywin, looked like it just hit his shoulder.

Bummed that Jaime went back to Cercei, he seemed done with her rotten ass.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow, what an episode.

I called Stannis at the wall. It was pretty clear they were going to deal with the threat there. He's got a lot of momentum going into the next season.

Can't wait to see what happens with Jon and Messandre, just sucks we got left with only a hint of something.

Brienne vs. Sandor was super intense since I didn't want either character to die, but I'm glad Bre one. She's one of the few heroic characters and the show and I'm glad she'll be around for at least a little bit longer. Hound's final scene was one of the best in the ep, I'll miss the dude.

I knew Tyrion would get out one way or another, and that Jamie and Visary would be his only hope, but I did not see that shit with Tywin going down. Holy shit. That was awesome, fuck that guy, but the implications of his death are huge? Tommy is a baby and he lost his primary source of guidence.

Lastly, Arya departing to Bravos was a great way to close it out. Excited to see that develop.

Whew. I'm depressed now. 😿

EDIT - oh shit, I forgot Bran. Probably the most important moment of the show too. I love his storyline for the way it's really getting deep into GoT lore, beyond all of the war and politics and stuff.

Yo guys, I would avoid all forms of social media. Book readers are all pissed off about something and are going to be venting about it for a long time. I'm afraid most people are going to be spoiled on it before the next season rolls around now.

Sajjaja

And the final scene with Arya was great! So is that guy going to take her to the wall now? I didn't quite understand. She have him the coin of that shapeshifter guy and all of a sudden he let her on the ship.
Anyways fucking great episode!!

I need season five inside my ass right now!

He's taking her to Bravos.

Why are you guys saying Dany is killing her dragons? She is not. She is taming them.

You can't tame a dragon. She's keeping them locked up but alive because they are too dangerous to her people.

weren't there three dragons? them two are going to go nuts if they ever get out of that cave...

The 3rd, the BBD (Big Black D
ragon)
, is on the loose.

E92 M3

If Tywin is dead I will miss him...one of the most charismatic characters on the show. I need to read the books...because there is so much excitement now. I would be turning the chapters until 5 AM.

Grakl

Yo guys, I would avoid all forms of social media. Book readers are all pissed off about something and are going to be venting about it for a long time. I'm afraid most people are going to be spoiled on it before the next season rolls around now.
alright I'll delete facebook for the next nine months then thx

Marleyman

Banned

Let's face it..most will figure it out, or have already.

Xamdou

I must say that the Stark children are destined for greatness.

Bran Stark having morg possession abilities, learning more about his new found powers and destiny.

Jon Snow being a great fighter while having the Valyrian sword Long claw and also a superb leader.

Arya Stark... poised to be an assassin I guess?

Sansa... starting to play the game of thrones so she won't end up like her father.

and finally Rickon? getting babysat by the wilding chick.

Incredible episode. Incredible season. The show gets better and better every year and the wait until season 5 is going to be incredibly painful.

Now that the season is over though, what in the hell happened to Gendry? I mean, I know Davos sent him away in the boat toward the end of season 3 but I'm a bit surprised they didn't touch on him once this season. Actually really curious to see what happens with him, assuming he'll be involved in season 5 in some capacity.

So what book did this season cover? How many books are left?

The show has roughly covered the first three books now. It has also cherry-picked some story lines from the fourth and fifth books now and is not really clear cut anymore. Safest bet is to start either with the first or second book if you are looking to read.

JoeBoy101

What an incredible fucking episode.

That riff of "The Rains of Castemere' as Tywin sat dead on the toilet. Oh, goddamn.

Also, am I to guess that the dude under the tree has been warging ravens all around Westeros? "A thousand eyes and one". A reference to the three-eyed raven? Perhaps thats why he knows everything?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I would say the only two parts that fell flat were Shae's death and Dany's segment.

Shae's death only for that fact that I didn't really care outside of the damage it will do to Tyrion. I found it hard to ever really care about her or her relationship with Ty. Not a big deal, but I don't think it quite had the impact they wanted.

Dany's clearly illustrated the problem with her storyline right now. It's 99% removed from the events of every other plotline, which have all become intertwined in various ways. It almost feels like different show. Specific to this episode, it was just more dealing with whiney citizens and more issues with her dragons being dicks. Pretty flacid for the finale, especially compared to how epic everything else was.

Must be something big, dammit. We're all effed.

So, betraying the trust of dragons whose loyalty and cooperation is key to winning the throne: big mistake or biggest mistake?

And in a dark, shitty basement of all places. Dany hasn't been making a lot of great decisions lately.

RELIGHT

Banned
Shae's betrayal was fucked up. She got what she deserved, whores don't get a second chance(heard that somewhere). As a big fan of the dragons I was very sad at them getting locked up. So are they gonna starve now? It's depressing to think about. It was the other one that burned the girl anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom