• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 4 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espi

Banned
only part i didnt like was Dany with her dragons. i was hoping they would eventually wreck shit in Westeros, which can probably still happen with the other dragon that likes fucking shit up already, but still

sangreal

RIP

hound.png

tywin.png

jojen.png

knownothing.png

shae.png

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Soooooooo good! Best finale yet indeed!! That Hound/Brienne fight was absolutely insane. Also STANNIS about to take shit over now. With Tywin gone I'm not sure who is going to be watching over Kings Landing now.

Maddocks

Fantastic episode. Reached all the highs I was hoping for. When Stannis showed up to fight I was like a school girl. Then when Tyrion killed the whore for her lies I smiled. Then when he killed his dad I was legit shook.

Man the wait is going to kill me, but got damn that was a damn fine season, might be my favorite season of the series.

royalan

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if next season we learn that Lady Olenna schemed to have prune juice mixed with Tywin's wine just so he'd be on the toilet at that precise time...

The Iron Throne has ALWAYS been hers. She just thinks it's too tacky to sit on.

I love how Varys hears the bells and nopes it onto the boat.
I love how Varys was like, welp I'm comin' with ya.
Varys has a 6th sense for knowing when bullshit might have a chance of effecting him.

He looked back at the castle like, "there's a 17.98% chance I could be blamed for Tywin's murder.........................NOPE"
Best part was Varys noping out of the city.
We need a nope.gif of the scene.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What are the responses fro the book thread? Of course no spoilers past this point =D

an epilogue scene was cut from the finale. we would have loved to see it in there, but it appears it's been moved/cut.

regardless, it was an excellent episode and that omission isn't enough to detract from every other good thing they had going on there.

potam

Banned
Same here, I've never really disliked him, but he's always seemed plain to me, just so straight faced lacking any and all humor or personality. But that's what I'm starting to like about him.

Yeah, he's got a very cool demeanor. I like that he pretty much let Onion Knight do the talking while he stood there radiating royalty.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well HBO did real good on this one. Real good. And i mean Father's Day/ I mean really did they plan the season around this or what it is simply too good.

oh boy

Xamdou

Crazy ep, Old tree guy telling him to fly rather than walk made me chuckle. He's going to fly more ravens or even Drogon since the other two dragons where chained up by Daenerys.

Also if you watched closely, Tyrion didn't really shoot the arrow's at Tywin's heart. The first arrow shot below the heart and the 2nd arrow shot at his lower shoulder.

The hound telling Arya about where to aim for, his heart in order to finish him gave this away.

Stannis popping in with an army certainly surprised me, and Mellisandre looking at Jon Snow gave me straight chills. Her and Jon snow going to have wild leech sex next season.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
an epilogue scene was cut from the finale. we would have loved to see it in there, but it appears it's been moved/cut.

regardless, it was an excellent episode and that omission isn't enough to detract from every other good thing they had going on there.

How odd

I don't know what it is but this episode seemed fine

Road

Glorious episode. Everything that should have happened last season, but we had to show Theon being tortured for 10 hours.

Speaking of him, I hope they just forget his entire subplot, just say in a conversation that the Boltons and the Greyjoys exterminated each other. Who gives a shit.

But going to back to people that actually matter, Bran's story has finally gone somewhere. The show is getting more magical, it was weird, total video game battle up there with the skeletons. I liked it though. What I didn't like was that children were literally children (I mean, terrible child actors and stuff).

Stannis' posse was still stuck in post-Blackwater and has finally gotten out of that depression pit. And look how easy it is to "cross the Wall" in a boat. I guess the Wildlings just don't master navigation.

Arya is finally going to Bravos after walking in circles in the North for two seasons.

Now, I didn't like how Tywin was killed "in the privy", sort of anticlimatic, not to mention how convenient it was nobody was guarded (did I miss an explanation here?). Also, Shae fooled me for sure, I thought she was just being bitter in the trial, but she was indeed just a whore (sorry, Tyrion).

All in all, I need to rewatch this episode again. Too much stuff I need to digest.

Oh, and I loved Varys reaction in the end! Reaction gif worthy.

i'm so stoked to see some spell casting, been waiting for that shoe to drop. loved the skeleton fight and that it represents more fantastical elements. what even is kings landing now.. it's gonna be weird. enjoyed the finale.

I agree completely. I was losing my shit seeing GoT go full on fantasy with Stalfos and Fire spells. Also loved Old Man Willow or whatever. I don't understand how that could have been a low point of the episode like some people are saying.

I just want to point out book readers are openly discussing a spoiler that was not in the episode. DO NOT google search any name that's being mentioned around the internet/twitter now. The name alone won't mean anything to you, just don't google it.

Magwik

Banned
I just want to point out book readers are openly discussing a spoiler that was not in the episode. DO NOT google search any name that's being mentioned around the internet/twitter now. The name alone won't mean anything to you, just don't google it.

I already did :(

E92 M3

What a fantastic episode - it was a perfect finale for once. Seeing the boat sail away filled me with sadness. There are so many questions now...the next season should be amazing. Man, will have to rewatch to just digest everything. Seeing the Hound go was said and I wonder what they are doing with his brother. Also, I wonder if Brandon will get control of Drogo.

RELIGHT

Banned
That was an amazing fucking episode!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!

The Hound Brienne fight was incredible and holy shit was it brutal! Loved it!
Arya leaving the Hound to die while he begged for mercy was absolutely AMAZING! I can't wait yo go back and watch the season again to see if that was foreshadowed.
Arya has become my favorite Stark?
The Bran scene was incredible!!! Even though I was confused as fuck at the end and who that tree guy was it was intriguing nonetheless. Poor Jojen though :-(
wtf with Dany locking up her dragons!?!??!? That as so sad. Also what happened to that huge black one? He was much much bigger than those two. So is he on the loose now? Maybe he will try and free his brothers? Dany losing her power by the second now :-(
Omg omg omg the Tyrion scene!?!?!?!!? Shae you bitch! I couldn't fucking believe it?!?!?! She was fucking Tywin the whole time?!?!? Fuck her!
And what about Tywins holier than thou bullshit about whores? What a piece of shit. I'm so glad he got his due. I wish Tyrion had put a few more in him. Funny he died on the shitter. I wonder if it was gold lol
And the final scene with Arya was great! So is that guy going to take her to the wall now? I didn't quite understand. She have him the coin of that shapeshifter guy and all of a sudden he let her on the ship.
Anyways fucking great episode!!

I need season five inside my ass right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom