• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cowboy

Theon and Ramsay forever unhappy with each other :D.

C0nrkKN.gif

Sande

It's Ramsay, guys, Ramsay.

Gosh. This is like ect taking over etc. Drives me nuts.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the whole situation in the Riverlands recently, with Walder Frey and a few of his sons in dire need of decapitation and Brynden Tully running god knows where. I guess that's gonna be next season since they're really dragging out the whole Winterfell situation. It's just weird that that huge central area of Westeros hasn't really been in the story for almost two seasons now.

sangreal

To be fair, it isn't spelled out in the show.

Anyway, I've been thinking about the whole situation in the Riverlands recently, with Walder Frey and a few of his sons in dire need of decapitation and Brynden Tully running god knows where. I guess that's gonna be next season since they're really dragging out the whole Winterfell situation. It's just weird that that huge central area of Westeros hasn't really been in the story for almost two seasons now.

I'm assuming that will tie into whatever happens with Rickon and the Umbers

I doubt we've seen the last of Edmure Tully either, though he was in the dungeon last we heard

OMG

someone who understands my frustration! XD yaaaassss

Frog-fu

Banned
Emilia Clark singing a reggae song about a Rastafarian Targaryen was hilarious, but I think Peter Dinklage's Still Going Strong takes it as the best performance.

That video is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen lol.
The lyrics are killing me and everyone is just spot on. This is fucking hilarious.

Frog-fu

Banned
Is there a significant book character yet to be revealed that Liam Neeson could play? I only need a yes or no answer. I was really excited to see Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje make an appearance so I hope Neeson can too.

Frog-fu

Banned
No book talk in this thread.

I'm not asking for spoilers of any significance, only a yes or no answer if there's room for Neeson to play a significant role in upcoming seasons. I think by now it's become accepted to anticipate new characters every season of varying importance.

Whoa, amazing.

I'm not asking for spoilers of any significance, only a yes or no answer if there's room for Neeson to play a significant role in upcoming seasons. I think by now it's become accepted to anticipate new characters every season of varying importance.

There are some names you can PM in the OP. The problem with bringing up the books, even if it is like you say, a question that wouldn't spoil anything, is that one discussion/thought leads to another and suddenly wild spoilers appear. I've seen instances in the thread were book readers weren't even allowed to post in here at all.

Sanjay

She's trying to avenge them. This gives her future opportunities to make an attempt.

It was explicitly mentioned in dialogue in a scene between her and Littlefinger, so yes.

I just re-watched that scene again, all that was said was, stop running, were doing this to avenge them by Littlefinger to Sansa.

What I don't get is Littlefinger says that this whole set up marriage is a ploy to avenge them and Sansa agrees to it without asking what the plan actually is.

I'm trying to think of what could be a reasonable attempt but I'm coming up blank of ideas.

Does any body here have theories into what the plan is? I just don't see one. Assassination can't be it.

Venture

I don't think there's any specific plan. He was just telling her that the marriage would put her in position to get revenge somewhere down the line.

Sande

I don't think being at Winterfell serves Sansa at all but it sure as hell serves Littlefinger. I just hope he cares enough about her to not deliver her to Cersei. If he succeeds, that is.

Khaz

He doesn't care about Cersei. Sansa is here so that the North remembers, and when Stannis crushes the Boltons he will keep her as Wardenness of the North while he moves south. Then Baelish can arrive conveniently late and "retake" Winterfell for the Lannisters by marrying Sansa. Both Stannis and Cersei will consider the North as an ally because of Sansa and Baelish respectively, until treason happen after the ultimate Kings Landing battle and Baelish can sit on the Iron throne.

Sande

He doesn't care about Cersei. Sansa is here so that the North remembers, and when Stannis crushes the Boltons he will keep her as Wardenness of the North while he moves south. Then Baelish can arrive conveniently late and "retake" Winterfell for the Lannisters by marrying Sansa. Both Stannis and Cersei will consider the North as an ally because of Sansa and Baelish respectively, until treason happen after the ultimate Kings Landing battle and Baelish can sit on the Iron throne.
I know he doesn't care about Cersei but he does care about at least appearing to be an ally to Lannisters. I don't know if Cersei will accept Sansa alive at this point. She seems too obsessed about it even though killing her makes no political sense.

Venture

It's going to be interesting to see if the rest of the North supports Stannis or Roose. There's obviously a lot of hate for the Boltons, but Sansa is one of them now and the North generally take care of their own. They can't be too happy about being invaded by a southern king and his Red Priestess either. Maybe they'll just stay out of the conflict entirely.

It's going to be interesting to see if the rest of the North supports Stannis or Roose. There's obviously a lot of hate for the Boltons, but Sansa is one of them now and the North generally take care of their own. They can't be too happy about being invaded by a southern king and his Red Priestess either. Maybe they'll just stay out of the conflict entirely.

I think it'l depend on what they know of Stannis, if they know that Ed supported him then they will support him regardless of the Lord of Light. I definitely can't see them ever supporting the Boltons, they can't be that stupid to assume Sansa married Ramsay because she wanted to and that there wasn't a plan in motion to get the north back.

Is there a significant book character yet to be revealed that Liam Neeson could play? I only need a yes or no answer. I was really excited to see Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje make an appearance so I hope Neeson can too.

A face of Jaquen H'ghar
They're re-casting Rickon
Mountain 4.0
Jojen Reeds dad
Cameo as a one scene minor character.

Gaz_RB

If Bronn dies, I'm out. That would be such a shitty way to go--killed by one of the worst/useless characters on the show.

They already are not cooperative with the Boltons. After all he was a main actor I killing their King. If I were to guess they would more supportive of Stannis.

This show has a funny way of changing your allegiances. Before this season I was super hyped for the Sand Snakes. Oberyn was the man of course I wanted him avenged! But against and extremely likable Duo of Jaime and Bron....not so much.

Prine

Banned
I dont understand the Liam Neeson connection, apart from the fact hes a legend and we all love him. But my, my. What a scoop for GoT team by having Liam on board. Sean Bean + Liam, wow.

This show has a funny way of changing your allegiances. Before this season i was super hyped for the Sand Snakes. Oberyn was the man of course I ant him avenged! But against and extremely likable Duo of Jaime and Bron....not so much.

And the fact the Sand snakes are a bunch of scrubs that failed thier first mission. Oberyn's wrath, they are not lol.

I dont understand the Liam Neeson connection, apart from the fact hes a legend and we all love him. But my, my. What a scoop for GoT team by having Liam on board. Sean Bean + Liam, wow.

And the fact the Sand snakes are a bunch of scrubs that failed thier first mission. Oberyn's wrath, they are not lol.

Yeah they were just...yeah. They exhibited no bad assery.

Haven't read the books, but from what they have told about Samwell's father in the series, he seems like a badass that would be roughly Liam's age.

I asked this question during the outrage and it went ignored, so now that things have calmed down.

What happens if Sansa gets pregnant? Because I have a feeling she will.

Edit: Heh...I'm not asking how it'l make you the viewer feel, which should be obvious. I'm asking what will happen to her, and those around her.

Sande

This show has a funny way of changing your allegiances. Before this season I was super hyped for the Sand Snakes. Oberyn was the man of course I wanted him avenged! But against and extremely likable Duo of Jaime and Bron....not so much.
I was excited about them as well, but then it was revealed that their plan involves murdering an innocent girl (or maybe not, they seemed more interested in kidnapping) to start a war. They must understand how completely against that Oberyn would be. Everything about the Dorne storyline is a fucking mess.

Jaime was such a huge piece of shit for the first 2 seasons that I don't know if I can ever really like him.

I was excited about them as well, but then it was revealed that their plan involves murdering an innocent girl (or maybe not, they seemed more interested in kidnapping) to start a war. They must understand how completely against that Oberyn would would be. Everything about the Dorne storyline is a fucking mess.

Jaime was such a huge piece of shit for the first 2 seasons that I don't know if I can ever really like him.

Likeable as charismatic. I just did a rewatch of season 1 and man he sure was an absolute bastard. And yeah the Sand Snakes are morons and Oberyn would have absolutely not wanted that. He wasn't murdered either. He involved himself and then showboated.

leng jai

Amazing. Ygritte is ridiculously adorable in this, btw. Never her found her all that hot on the show, but holy shit.

GoT has a knack for making their female characters uglier than they are in real life. It's especially noticeable when you watch the Comic Con panels. Sophie Turner is a stunner in real life compared to how she is styled on the show.

Venture

I think it'l depend on what they know of Stannis, if they know that Ed supported him then they will support him regardless of the Lord of Light. I definitely can't see them ever supporting the Boltons, they can't be that stupid to assume Sansa married Ramsay because she wanted to and that there wasn't a plan in motion to get the north back.
I'd forgotten about Ned's support of Stannis. I think he sent out letters all over Westeros declaring Stannis the true king, so it must be commonly known.

Nameless

I'd forgotten about Ned's support of Stannis. I think he sent out letters all over Westeros declaring Stannis the true king, so it must be commonly known.

Actually Ned had one of his bannermen deliver a message to Stannis directly, spilling the beans about the Lannisters and informing him of his rightful claim to the Throne. Later, Stannis sends out ravens to each kingdom declaring himself OTK.

https://youtu.be/4iimpkprnTk

#letnomanclaimignorance

Curufinwe

So I guess LF is going to want Stannis to take Winterfell, kill the main Boltons, and that's when LF sells out Cersei and switches allegiances. And maybe marries Sansa.

I wonder if the how episode 6 ended had any influence on them not taking a break for Memorial Day.

Vashetti

Banned
So I guess LF is going to want Stannis to take Winterfell, kill the main Boltons, and that's when LF sells out Cersei and switches allegiances. And maybe marries Sansa.

I wonder if the how episode 6 ended had any influence on them not taking a break for Memorial Day.

We've known for ages they weren't skipping Memorial Day this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom