• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
So is being killed by the Night's Watch a loophole out of being in the Night's Watch? No longer under contract so to speak?

So, they built up the whole Sansa/Reek story arc throughout the whole season just so in the end they could jump off the Winterfell walls to their demise?

Are you fucking serious?

Then again, they could be alive. Bran survived a fall from the tower after all, but that isn't the point. I doubt they wanted to escape; they wanted to die.

Lamel

Banned
Enough with the resurrection stuff. He's dead guys :( Let's accept it and move on. This is the same feeling I had when Ned died - "this can't be it right...?" and lo and behold it was all too real.

inky

Why would it be in Melisandre's interest to resurrect Jon Snow?

I don't know if you noticed, but she's out of a patron to follow in the Lord's name. TBF it didn't even occur to me until I read the thread, but they did set it up. There must be a reason.

All you Stannis fans... loooooooooooooooooooooool died like he lived, a jobber.

(not actually a spoiler :p)

Jon will be back. Red lady just comes there just at the right time, and she's itching for his blood which is abundant right now. Davos as his right hand man? Count me in.

Jon dies, is resurrected and by his initial death released from his Night's Watch oath. Knowing what is coming he decides seeking the Iron Throne with Davos at his side is the only way to rally the realm. His Stark blood makes him the King in the North and he calls his banners murdering the Boltons and anyone else in his way after killing every Night's Watch who betrayed him including that little shit Olly.

I want to believe my own delusions.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Enough with the resurrection stuff. He's dead guys :(

fdspLQR.gif

Jon dies, is resurrected and by his initial death released from his Night's Watch oath. Knowing what is coming he decides seeking the Iron Throne with Davos at his side is the only way to rally the realm. His Stark blood makes him the King in the North and he calls his banners murdering the Boltons and anyone else in his way after killing every Night's Watch who betrayed him including that little shit Olly.

and then dany comes by and they have dragon sex

Phionoxx

Considering what Theon and Sansa have been through they really don't seem like the suicide types. Plus the scene didn't seem like a suicide at all. Theon appeared to have a plan when the soldiers were returning. He went right to a specific spot and they both agreed to go for it. It seemed like a bit of a leap of faith but not a suicide.

I don't know, I think you could argue it either way. They both also know how despicable Ramsay can be, and they did just kill his ex (crazy bow lady). Part of me thinks they would rather choose to commit suicide on their own terms than continue to hang around and have to face the wrath of Ramsay after what they just did. Also...I have a hard time seeing the shots of that wall and how high up it is and thinking they can fall safely into a pile of snow. Any other ski or snowboard people here? You don't have to fall from a very high height to get messed up pretty bad. I'm sure the show will have both Theon and Sansa survive but it will require a certain amount of hand-waving by the writers.

Josh5890

Enough with the resurrection stuff. He's dead guys :( Let's accept it and move on. This is the same feeling I had when Ned died - "this can't be it right...?" and lo and behold it was all too real.

I remember season 1 when Ned Stark and the King both dying thinking why would this show kill off both main characters so soon?

Little did I know

After reading the EW article I just can't believe that's how they end it with his character.

Why leave the mystery surrounding his parents open? Why have him and the Night's King make the epic standoff? Why have Mel say all this shit about him and have it lead nowhere?

To just off his character like that is lame.

Yeah, that epic standoff with the King was such a tease if he's totally done. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I need this to happen so badly. Give me a Jon Snow/Davos ultimate team up of ultimate destiny. Give it to me, I need it more than I've ever needed anything--short of Bronn and Tyrion bro-ing it up once more.

Derwind

Considering what Theon and Sansa have been through they really don't seem like the suicide types. Plus the scene didn't seem like a suicide at all. Theon appeared to have a plan when the soldiers were returning. He went right to a specific spot and they both agreed to go for it. It seemed like a bit of a leap of faith but not a suicide.

More like death might be preferable over what Ramsay has in store for them.

Call it what you will but I chance they aren't very picky over their odds of survival. :/

And I don't see why its so obvious thet survived, there is nothing obvious about what happened.

I don't know if you noticed, but she's out of a patron to follow in the Lord's name. TBF it didn't even occur to me until I read the thread, but they did set it up. There must be a reason.

But what practical use can he be? There's no army for him to lead and I doubt the Night's Watch are going to suddenly start following him, talk about awkward.

Madrin

I would agree except everyone is right that Melisandre's return to the wall seems a little too purposeful story-wise. Also she and Jon shared that scene earlier this season which would be kind of pointless if it wasn't foreshadowing something about Jon's future.

kingkitty

Stark Update

Sean Bean - beheaded

Catelyn - stabbed

Robb - stabbed

Bran - lost in the magical woods of whatever

Other young brother that is not Bran - somewhere...safe?

Arya - blinded? became a many faced dude? tripping out?

Sansa - jumped off a castle...died? saved by snow? used Theon as a cushion?

Jon Snow - stabbed many times. but hey, maybe the fire lady will bring him back. or maybe he's dead as fuck.

Oreoleo

All those abrupt edits, it's hard to tell if they're alive. Man...this show is hardcore. lol

It really isn't. Arya said, "I can't see!" and then shows a fade out from her POV. She wasn't knocked unconscious. She's blind.

Sansa dying off screen, from her own stupidity of jumping from too high, makes absolutely NO sense. That's just... extremely bad writing. If she were going to die this episode they would have just let that crazy bitch with the bow do it. I could see Theon maybe, possibly being dead, since he redeemed himself by saving Sansa. But Sansa is 1000% alive. Look at how EVERY OTHER STARK has died. Front and center, uncompromisingly brutal deaths. Sansa is not going to die off screen so ambiguously. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

Melisandre, now without a "chosen one" shows up just as Jon is bleeding there dying but not before Davos shows up just as Jon loses his "adviser".
The only two interesting characters in the Stannis storyline miraculously avoided being slaughtered, one by chance and the other through her own will.
Come on now.

That's what I'm saying, she was shook when that one dude resurrected that other dude a couple seasons back. She doesn't even have that power.

Thoros also didn't have that power. He just was so grieved at his friends death and kissed him, and then he came back. Each time Dondarrion dies he does it again, and he keeps coming back.

I'd strongly recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

Start at minute 3.

Mrbob

Season 6, Hot Pie comes back and takes revenge on everyone.

if Melisandre could just resurrect on a whim like that why wouldn't she do Stannis?

I think it has to do with something of her vision. She is only interested in finding the one who will be the champion for the lord of light. To me the look on her face when she went back to the Wall wasn't one of regret for burning Shireen, but one of sadness because the vision she saw didn't exactly turn out the way she thought it would.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
By the way, any ideas for what the hell went down with Jaqen? Either the Faceless Men have way more powers than we were once lead to believe or Jaqen is a space wizard from the moon.

I'm almost lead to believe that might be the Many-Faced God.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
That's what I'm saying, she was shook when that one dude resurrected that other dude a couple seasons back. She doesn't even have that power.

The reason mel left stannis is that she realized he wasn't the important man she thought he was. She realized she had picked the wrong man from her visions. She went to castle black because Jon is the right man.

Jon will be back at some point next season after she learns how to resurrect him.

She won't resurrect stannis because he is not "The One". Also because Stannis isn't dead. ..

10 months.

Jesus christ. I only caught up this season and having to wait for a week between episodes has been fucking brutal. I don't know how I'm going to make it 10 months... That's like 45 GoTless Sunday nights.

I haven't read a book outside of schoolwork for an embarrassing amount of time (I'm talking ~5 years or so I think). I may have to pick these bad boys up to keep me busy during this excruciatingly long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom