• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't impressed with those battlefield scenes. Neither side had played Total War before. SHAME 🔔 SHAME 🔔 CUNT! 🍅 SHAME 🔔

My bells and tomato ascii aren't working on GAF :(

I honestly thought that too. Maybe she doesn't do full frontal?

I think so. Looked very uncanny valley.

Yes. Body double with CG face from Headey.

It looked like the shot of her in the cell was real but I doubt she would subject herself to walking through extras on the street, naked, while they shouted and threw shit at her.

ed: ^^ Yeah, Sansa/Theon landed on snow, they're probably fine. That girl they tossed on gravel ain't. Stannis is questionable.

The fan theory stuff can still come true even if he's not resurrected. The dead are still mentioned.

It was. Body double, with her face done in post.

It was...really poorly done. This goes back to Dany covering up in a room with a guy she just shagged with. Why do they shoot scenes from angles that are going to look like crap because they're done so poor? Disrobe her. Fine. The idea is there. Now just shoot from angles where the faking isn't so incredibly obvious.

This season was depressing but I can still hold on for the rest of the show I think

Unless they have an Arya rape scene just because Maisie will be legal, in which case fuck it I'm out

No such thing as plot armor. This show beats me to the floor and as much as i fucking hate it I absolutely love the balls it has to always blindside me and make me feel something i never expected. best show ever.

Wait...Arya died too? And Sansa? And Theon? And Jon? We never actually saw anyone die, are these just a series of terrible cliffhangers?

No one can survive several deep stabs to the chest even with today's sophisticated medicine. Either he survives by some type of magic, or he dies. The walls of winterfell has a slope to it, and it's very likely that they survived. I don't think that they will jump to their death like that.

Sober

It would be really lame if Jon somehow survives that. I seriously thought that surviving some epic fight with the white walkers would bring all the night watch together, I dont get it. How come they dont understand the predicament they are in?
It just wants to spell it out for you that the Nights' Watch is just as incompetent and fucked like everyone other house when it comes to the WW. Hell, Stannis went out like a bitch, and he was the only one who even gave half a shit.

What the heck? Where are you getting that? It was like broad daylight. Would be some impressive cgi if true, although I watched it on the potato called HBO Go.
It was painfully clear it was a body double in the scene with her having her her shaved off. If she wasn't gonna do it then she obviously wasn't gonna do it now. Just some creative CGI in post.

kingkitty

Stannis...

Stannis the one true king...is dead??????????????? to worthless, bad luck Brienne? unbelievable. all that build up to the great battle with the Boltons and it was for nothing! that fire lady needs to give Stannis a refund ASAP. fucken bullshit.

and is there like, some snow cushion that will save Sansa and Theon? or did they just commit suicide?

did Arya just become morphed into the many faces people, does that mean Ayra is sorta dead? lol

and it looks like Jon Snow is dead as shit. Which is a shame since he was actually becoming an interesting character. Hopefully he gets revived but...I don't know.

fuck this show. i can't wait for the next season.

-'Kill the boy so the man can be born'
-'Jon always comes back'
-'There's power in you'
-Meli's perfect timing in showing up at The Wall
-Visions of her at Winterfell surrounded by burning Bolton banners.

Kit will have to sign on as a series regular on Walking Dead or something before I believe Jon is gone for good. The Snow will Rise

They also didn't make it a point to have Beric and Thoros discuss resurrection with Melisandre for no reason.

If only.

I didn't see much snow when Ramsey's crazy ass ex girlfriend fell in that spot.

She fell onto ground after being shoved off a smaller ledge. They moved up to a larger ledge that had a snow bank with a decent amount of snow in it. Of the people who are questionably permadead (them, Stannis, Snow), they are most likely to be alive during next season's first two episodes.

No body for Stannis, no confirmed death for Stannis.
Same for Myrcella, although it's easier to end her non-existent character so far.

And yeah Jon Snow + Melisandre, may help his case, but I hope he stays dead.

rexor0717

I was expecting Sansa to land on Theon, simultaneously killing him and saving her.

Yeah, I totally thought he was going to meat shield her.

Theon and Sansa are alive. Arya is alive. Come on, guys.

Seriously. It would be the worst writing/editing to have them be dead.

The night's watch is full of shitheads. Like you're upset he brought back wildlings? You want to keep fighting them forever you ingrates? Fuck you all, you're all fucking criminals and rapists anyway. Fuck off. "For the watch" my ass, as if you have honor all of a sudden. And fuck you Olly, I want to see you get mauled to death by a dire wolf.

Jon's going to pull a Gandalf and appear to them in a blinding light of resurrection greatness. They'll know the error of their ways.

Lamel

Banned
The night's watch is full of shitheads. Like you're upset he brought back wildlings? You want to keep fighting them forever you ingrates? Fuck you all, you're all fucking criminals and rapists anyway. Fuck off. "For the watch" my ass, as if you have honor all of a sudden. And fuck you Olly, I want to see you get mauled to death by a dire wolf.

It would be really lame if Jon somehow survives that. I seriously thought that surviving some epic fight with the white walkers would bring all the night watch together, I dont get it. How come they dont understand the predicament they are in?

Cuz they are dumb shits with no perceptive ability. They want to live out their shitty fucking lives at the wall fighting wildlings forever, without realizing that they are all fucking doomed. I'm with you, after hardhome its really hard to sell to me that they still don't understand the grave threat. Fuck em.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
People really think Jon Snow's going to be resurrected? The only way that works is if he then becomes a slave to the lord of light and is forced to do some depressing and horrible shit for Melisandre to stay alive. Then GRR Martin can shame him and kill him AGAIN!

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I noticed they filled the floppy wieners quota this episode. I was wondering where they were all season, lol.

Jon Snow will be revived as Jon Targaryen...

I hate this show so much right now, but bloody hell it's depressing that the season is over and we've got another 10 months wait.

Loakum

Banned
She fell onto ground after being shoved off a smaller ledge. They moved up to a larger ledge that had a snow bank with a decent amount of snow in it. Of the people who are questionably permadead (them, Stannis, Snow), they are most likely to be alive during next season's first two episodes.

Thanx. But with Sansa's luck, it's anyone's guess.

Josh5890

Hey wait a minute what happened to Ghost? I hope the Night's Watch didn't kill the beast.

Eyeh4wk

Goddamn GRRM, I got genuinelly excited when Ollie entered Jon's room with news about Benjen, then I saw the traitor sign. Goddamn

Ferrio

Banned
Jon will be back. Red lady just comes there just at the right time, and she's itching for his blood which is abundant right now. Davos as his right hand man? Count me in.

Gnilres

Cuz they are dumb shits with no perceptive ability. They want to live out their shitty fucking lives at the wall fighting wildlings forever, without realizing that they are all fucking doomed. I'm with you, after hardhome its really hard to sell to me that they still don't understand the grave threat. Fuck em.

We speak the same language, my friend

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You can tell that the wall has a big slope and there's snow in the bottom that could act as padding.

M3A72hV.png

They're probably going to be pretty beaten up but they won't die from it.

But yeah I dont believe it.

Stannis and Sansa are definitely alive since they don't show it.

Jon seems like the only definitive death since they showed it. Even then it all seems to convenient that Melisandre returns to the Watch after that.

Considering what Theon and Sansa have been through they really don't seem like the suicide types. Plus the scene didn't seem like a suicide at all. Theon appeared to have a plan when the soldiers were returning. He went right to a specific spot and they both agreed to go for it. It seemed like a bit of a leap of faith but not a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom