• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...watched the episode 2 times straight.

Trying to catch up but... Was Lena Heady's face CG'd on the body? At times it looked totally fake and out of sync with her body.

Raynes

People who have read the books replied to you telling you it wasn't a spoiler.

What exactly do you want me to apologize for?

This didn't actually happen. And readers should not have to provide answers as to what is and isn't a spoiler. They are different mediums, their way of revealing things are different from each other. I'm not asking for an apology, just accept that posts like yours do not belong here.

Oh fuck, was that zombie Mountain?? I forgot what happens to him.

Wait, so the priests can bring back the dead...the walkers bring back the dead....

I gotta say, if Jon Snow is resurrected...I wouldnt know how to feel.

I'm okay with him being dead. It's bitter as fuck, but you gotta commit. Bringing him back would feel very cheap.

All this fan theory crap, I thought it would end in something awesome for him. Where the hell is everyone else like the wildlings and his friends.

Omg Im so frustrated

Ridli

He looked all fucked up under there though. I must be forgetting something. haha.

I should probably rewatch everything.

Well one of the little threads this season was Qyburn being the Westerosi 'Victor von Frankenstein.' Sooooooo yeah, he's probably not all that happy underneath the fancy gold armor.

Trying to catch up but... Was Lena Heady's face CG'd on the body? At times it looked totally fake and out of sync with her body.

It looked like the shot of her in the cell was real but I doubt she would subject herself to walking through extras on the street, naked, while they shouted and threw shit at her.

dork

Banned
Ok, #TeamNotDead also for Sansa/Theon. There is absolutely no way they killed off not one, but two huge characters in a suicide jump from the top of a wall that they cut away from. This is the North, there is a ton of freshly fallen snow down there and that's how they'll handwave it. It would be less silly for them to survive the jump than it would be for the show to take 2 characters with seasons worth of unresolved arc's and to simultaneously end them in a spontaneous suicide jump they show absolutely no aftermath or fallout from.

I don't think they've killed anyone off by leaving it to the imagination. They've showed them all.

Also what the fuck. Jon!!!! I don't even want to watch anymore.

ed: ^^ Yeah, Sansa/Theon landed on snow, they're probably fine. That girl they tossed on gravel ain't. Stannis is questionable.

Wait, so the priests can bring back the dead...the walkers bring back the dead....

I'm okay with him being dead. It's bitter as fuck, but you gotta commit. Bringing him back would feel very cheap.

All this fan theory crap, I thought it would end in something awesome for him. Where the hell is everyone else like the wildlings and his friends.

Omg Im so frustrated

The fan theory stuff can still come true even if he's not resurrected. The dead are still mentioned.

It was. Body double, with her face done in post.

Ovid

At the end of season 3, Melisandre told Stannis to let Davos live because he has a part to play in the war to come. Well he hasn't played his part yet. She knew she would need him to help revive John.

#JonSnowLives
He played his part...when he argued for Stannis in Braavos.

rexor0717

Omg Im so frustrated

It wouldn't feel cheap at all to me because so many fucking people have been killed off. Its time for one of the good guys to catch some of that resurrection luck.

The atonement scene is what I was talking about. It's one of the first things they did for the new season and I remember seeing an article about it for Lena walking down the street where they filmed. They pulled it off really well knowing that.

Jon Snow. Dear God. Melisandre save the boy (man). Please Red God.

Yiazmat

I could have sworn that Jon and Dany had plot armor at this point. This episode slapped me right back to reality. lol

So, out of all the characters that have appeared in the first episode of the show the ones that are still alive are:

Cercei
Jamie
Tyrion
Bran
Arya
Sansa???
Theon???
Daenerys
Jorah

And dead:

Ned
Catelyn
Robb
Jon???
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey
The Hound
Daenerys brother
Khal Drogo

This fucking show man.

gosox333

This didn't actually happen. And readers should not have to provide answers as to what is and isn't a spoiler. They are different mediums, their way of revealing things are different from each other. I'm not asking for an apology, just accept that posts like yours do not belong here.

holy hell spoiler culture is ridiculous

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

book -
he's wrong, it's not confirmed, it's ambiguous like the show. Total cliffhanger. Don't worry you haven't been spoiled on anythingm

Literally all I said was that people told me Jon was going to die tonight, that's all. He is dead in the books, he is dead in the show. No one knows what happens next.

Nothing got spoiled for you, I don't see your issue here.

Lamel

Banned
FUCK THE WATCH. THE WATCH IS SHITTY. THE WATCH IS FULL OF FAILURES. THE WATCH IS FULL OF FUCKHEAD ASSHOLES.

FUCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

#teamwhitewalkers - FUCK EVERYONE.

Cipherr

I mean lets be honest, the Night's Watch aint shit so if that means we don't have to waste anymore time at the wall then great. All the mean mugging Ollys been giving Jon this season/ Sam's goodbye kind of robbed Jons death of any impact.

Basically. I think the red lady coming back to Castle Black of all places is a pretty big fucking sign that shes gonna fire lord res him. But still, his death is super robbed of impact because Ollie is a peice of shit, Sam left, the other friends died during the big wall defense a whiles back and his girl was shot by Ollie.

So fuck it. Let the wall burn and let all those fucks die to zombies for all I give a shit. Just get Sansa safe somewhere and let it rot until the Queen of Dragons figures her shit out and comes to reclaim the land.

Fanuilos

Man...this show. I'm looking forward to Tyrion and Varys whipping Meereen into shape.
Even though at least one of them will probably die. No one is safe.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Well, hey. At least Bronn's still alive, for now. Of course, knowing this show...

Josh5890

Have any other major deaths happened in the last episode? I don't think so. Tywin doesn't count btw.

Oh, they for sure aren't deed. I don't even think thats a question.

In season 1 Drogo died.
In season 4 the Hound and Tywin (he counts) died.

There have been deaths in season finales

Phionoxx

Stannis is dead, Jon is dead, Theon is dead, Sansa is dead.

Show is gearing up for Dany and her dragons vs. the white walkers. Maybe at some point Bran will possess Summer and take a jaunt back to Winterfell to rip out Ramsay's neck, that would be a small win.

fuck the night's watch.

GXnPyfR.jpg

Eyeh4wk

Please dont tell me that Jon Snow is legit dead.

Please tell me he has magic blood that resurrects him

What the fuck was that. It was so unceremonious. What the hell was this whole episode. So left and right.

What happened to all the theories, I thought he was the hero, what the hell

It would be really lame if Jon somehow survives that. I seriously thought that surviving some epic fight with the white walkers would bring all the night watch together, I dont get it. How come they dont understand the predicament they are in?

So my theory is that Jon will be resurrected by the lady in red who just returned or by the brotherhood that Arya came across in an earlier season that have their leader rising from the dead. (I think red lady was also with them.)

Madrin

Ok, #TeamNotDead also for Sansa/Theon. There is absolutely no way they killed off not one, but two huge characters in a suicide jump from the top of a wall that they cut away from. This is the North, there is a ton of freshly fallen snow down there and that's how they'll handwave it. It would be less silly for them to survive the jump than it would be for the show to take 2 characters with seasons worth of unresolved arc's and to simultaneously end them in a spontaneous suicide jump they show absolutely no aftermath or fallout from.

I'm surprised that there is even speculation about this. No major character in this show has ever been killed off screen (unless Stannis was indeed killed by Brienne this episode).

Omg Im so frustrated

I don't think the Mountain was ever really dead. He was so big and strong that he was able to survive the poison that would kill a normal man, but it basically put him in a vegetative coma. I think the dude mentioning that he took a "vow of silence" was a cover for the fact that he can't talk because he's still basically cauliflower upstairs.

Corpekata

Banned
It would be really lame if Jon somehow survives that. I seriously thought that surviving
some epic fight with the white walkers would bring all the night watch together, I dont get it. How come they dont understand the predicament they are in?

He only had a couple of the Watch with him, and only he and Edd survived. Most of the fighting was done by wildlings.

Tainted

A book reading mate of mine spoiled this a long time ago for me :( Watching the Season 4 trailer when Jon appeared on screen he goes "Oh he's still alive in this is he?"

He brushed it off as a joke...but it's been in the back of my mind since. Now it has come to fruition :(

Bastard...

Josh5890

I could have sworn that Jon and Dany had plot armor at this point. This episode slapped me right back to reality. lol

So, out of all the characters that have appeared in the first episode of the show the ones that are still alive are:

Cercei
Jamie
Tyrion
Bran
Arya
Sansa???
Theon???
Daenerys
Jorah

This fucking show man.

Keep in mind that arya is blind and Jorah is a ticking time bomb. That list is going to grow shorter

Fanuilos

What the heck? Where are you getting that? It was like broad daylight. Would be some impressive cgi if true, although I watched it on the potato called HBO Go.

Go back and watch it. It's painfully obvious, especially when they switch between close up shots of Lena's face and then full shots.

Askani

I'll keep watching because I'm invested, but this season really killed my hype levels.

Everything feels so disjointed. Like someone wrote book and a chapter was about me in midwest America, the next chapter was about an opium farmer in Afghanistan, and the next chapter was about a 14 year old girl in China. Each of those may be interesting in their own respects (or not), but they don't go together or feel connected. It's like 20 side stories being told all at once with huge setups with characters that are left unresolved. Shock value for the sake of shock value.

They can earn some of that back with me if they do something with Jon or Stannis next season. Two just waste all that time would be crazy. If they don't and they just leave all that stuff hanging...then yes, I admit that I'll be there, but I'm not sure I can get excited about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom