• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the stuff that bothered me:

-We don't see Stannis' army fight, yet despite being at the forefront and being swarmed, he somehow survives, and his army seemingly does a number on the enemy?

-Brien finds him somehow, and is able to do her duty, which just feels like way too much of a coincidence

Sajjaja

I found it really comical that; even though the Wall was brimming with people (the wildlings, Davos, Melisandre) whatshisface possy took the time to set up that little wooden sign and play that et tu Brute act on Jon, when he saw that sign I expected him to say "haha very funny guys, now where is my uncle ?" Just poison him, shank him in the shower or whatever. There is no need to be so elaborate.

Wildlings aren't at the wall, they went inland. Melisandre and Davos probably sleeping cause their past year? has been all for nothing.

I found it really comical that; even though the Wall was brimming with people (the wildlings, Davos, Melisandre) whatshisface possy took the time to set up that little wooden sign and play that et tu Brute act on Jon, when he saw that sign I expected him to say "haha very funny guys, now where is my uncle ?" Just poison him, shank him in the shower or whatever. There is no need to be so elaborate.
the whole show is pretty goofy any time you stop to think about what's going on. it's a gory soap opera with beautiful locations and nudity.

yoplay

I avoided book spoilers throughout the shows run all this time only to have both the red wedding and jon's death spoiled by my brother. I swear mann. Im not even on social media to be dealing with this shit.

I must admit this season was a little sloppy at times. The pacing seemed off. It was rushed a lot towards the last few eps.

Dr.Acula

Banned
if Melisandre could just resurrect on a whim like that why wouldn't she do Stannis?

She fled the battlefield before Stannis was even killed. She's at Castle Black right now, and Jon is just lying the the courtyard. She could easily trip over him on one of her creepy night walks and be all "ooh, Kings blood!"

Stannis appeared as if he was observing something or someone behind Brienne.
Notice anyone missing from the Winterfell "battle"? Roose Bolton. I think he thwarts Brienne from delivering the fatal blow.

Maybe.

Stannis and Snow were both too big to kill off in the same ep. If they're dead we're down to the Boltons (not really now that Sansa has fled), Targaryans, and Lannisters (via Tommen) as serious players. Way too low.

JesseZao

-We don't see Stannis' army fight, yet despite being at the forefront and being swarmed, he somehow survives, and his army seemingly does a number on the enemy?

-Brien finds him somehow, and is able to do her duty, which just feels like way too much of a coincidence

Welp. Episode Eight used up the rest of the season's budget.

tbh I didn't care. Would've wasted more time showing a meaningless battle.

Fucking Ollie, that little prick killed Ygritte and Jon both. But I never expected the former commander would do something so low. Screw him and the rest of the Night's Watch. Good luck with the White Walkers without Jon, boys.

I knew that kiss was going to be poison, poor girl. But it's going to be war now. Cersei is going to see Dorne burned to the ground. And a war is going to make King's Landing easy pickings.

xaosslug

she was probably watching the battle from somewhere the entire time, never taking her eyes off of Stannis.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What in the hell did I just watch?

Fuck Ollie, that little prick killed Ygritte and Jon both, and fuck Sam for putting the idea in his head each time. But I never expected the former commander would do something so low. Fuck that guy and the rest of the Night's Watch. They're the traitors. Good luck with the White Walkers without Jon, boys.

I knew that kiss was going to be poison, poor girl. But it's going to be war now. Cersei is going to see Dorne burned to the ground. And a war is going to make King's Landing easy pickings.

With what army? Dragons couldn't bring these guys to bend the knee.

I will continue to believe that Jon Snow, Melisandre, and the Onion Knight are the heroes we deserve.

I have found myself not caring for Tyrion, and I sure as hell don't care for Dany

Also, why did the High Sparrow let Cersei go? I thought they were taking over?

Does the royalty/Lannister family not have any army? Are they literally surrounded by the peasants?

Ferrio

Banned
I'd honestly be pretty pissed if they hadn't shown melisandre showing up at castle black. There was NO reason for that scene other than letting the viewers go "oooh she can save him!", so I'm pretty confident Jon will be back. Also maybe in the process it'll shed light on his ancestry.

For people who don't want to know the fate of Sansa and Theon's jump then you might want to steer clear of this week's inside the episode.

There appears to be somewhat of confirmation that
they survive the jump. as the producer refers to them finding the strength to keep on keeping on, which presumably would be the opposite of jumping to your death.

At least that is what I took from it.

Welp. Episode Eight used up the rest of the season's budget.

tbh I didn't care. Would've wasted more time showing a meaningless battle.

It's not the battle itself. I dont mind it was cut. It's the fact that we very clearly see Stannis lead the charge, have his men leave, he is surrounded...

yet he's the only one alive in the end, and the rest of Ramsay's army is seemingly dead, save for Ramsay and a few guys, who are somewhere else?

Brien somehow finds him after all this, as if she knew he'd be the only one left. Made no sense, and just felt dumb.

Did anyone else think, "hey, Drogon kind of has a bit of a personality now.
I think I like him a bit.
They're eventually totally going to kill him.
Goddamnit."

Lamel

Banned
I'd honestly be pretty pissed if they hadn't shown melisandre showing up at castle black. There was NO reason for that scene other than letting the viewers go "oooh she can save him!", so I'm pretty confident Jon will be back. Also maybe in the process it'll shed light on his ancestry.

I don't think it will be "oh she can save him" but more like "oh nice some kings blood, let me use it".

Nori Chan

You telling me that wasn't the real actress of Cersei naked.

cause I've been waiting 5 long seasons for her to drop the clothes don't tell me everything was a lie

DrBo42

You telling me that wasn't the real actress of Cersei naked.

cause I've been waiting 5 long seasons for her to drop the clothes don't tell me everything was a lie

Uh... Dude that was her face match-moved onto someone else's body. It looked terrible and was incredibly obvious. Not her.

There is literally 0 way they don't bring Jon back. His death serves no purpose.
This is honestly a show that kills characters off while serving no purpose. I'm pretty sure they'll bring Jon back to life but it's a tough call given how this show goes on about killing people you care about for no reason.

Deviousx

Most of us weren't looking at the face.

hhh.png

DrBo42

Most of us weren't looking at the face.

Then you dun fuckin' goofed. That shit was obvious even from the cell, completely different person.

This is honestly a show that kills characters off while serving no purpose. I'm pretty sure they'll bring Jon back to life but it's a tough call given how this show goes on about killing people you care about for no reason.

Cite an example. Red Wedding had massive purpose. I can't honestly think of a death that had no purpose.

Ferrio

Banned
Cite an example. Red Wedding had massive purpose. I can't honestly think of a death that had no purpose.

His death could be Red woman getting Jon's blood but not rezzing him. But honestly, I don't see that happening since I think she'd want the one with such powerful blood alive.

Das Ace

It really isn't though? There hasn't been a major character death (barring any that happened tonight) that happened for no reason. Cut Jon from the whole story and the wall is in the same spot it is now, with any character development effectively being a waste of time. Cut Rob and the show's plot is quite different. See the difference?

Game of Thrones for all it's pretenses is still a fairy tail, and Jon leaving the show here is bad storytelling.

All them cuts and shameless cliffhangers...
Now what will happen to the Wall storyline? Outside of Jon's probable resurrection there is like nothing going on and no one to watch for.

Ghost didnt show because he knows deep down that Jon didnt really die completely and will get resurrected

Theres just too many things when considered that point to him being resurrected

Dr.Acula

Banned
The Cersei thing is so stupid. If the actress doesn't do nudity, just shoot around it. Doing a weird CGI thing isn't ever a good compromise. They could have shot around it like they shot around the fucking battle of Winterfell.

I'm interested in what's up with Arya now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom