• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
By the way, any ideas for what the hell went down with Jaqen? Either the Faceless Men have way more powers than we were once lead to believe or Jaqen is a space wizard from the moon.

I'm almost lead to believe that might be the Many-Faced God.

I'm like 99% sure he's a space wizard from the moon.

Sure.

If they were good at writing season enders they wouldn't have left it as a cliff hanger, Meli would have walked up and said something like "The Lord of Light is not finished with you yet" and revived him.

I said it's better writing to make you wonder. She's there at that camp. He's shown bleeding out.

It's far more mysterious to have you (us) wait and find out what happened with all the chess pieces. The impact of Jon falling for the traitor gag would be so much more diminished if she just wandered up to him seconds later.

I'm going off the title "Mother's Mercy". Jon will be back. Right? Oiy. How depressing.

We still don't know about his mother.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

Eleuin

What a wet fart of a finale

Also theon and sansa dying from that jump is probably the dumbest outcome possible, c'mon now they obviously survived

She didn't want them to know that she married someone else and that she was Khal Drogo's forever. I think.

So Ser Friendzone can spot it when they ride through and know she's been there.

I hope that's not what happens

well that makes more sense

I think it is her wedding ring from Drogo. Didn't want a Dorthraki horde to see because they'd likely kill her on the spot.

Dammit gaf, which one is it? lol

Wedding rings existed? And she wasn't yet remarried was she? am I missing something huge here, lol. I thought they were to be wed, not actually married.

Thoros also didn't have that power. He just was so grieved at his friends death and kissed him, and then he came back. Each time Dondarrion dies he does it again, and he keeps coming back.

I'd strongly recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

Start at minute 3.

Thanks, will watch.

Ferrio

Banned
Wait that was given to her by Drogo? Why would they kill her if they see that it was Drogo's?

Because, they're a clan of warriors. They only respect the leader who's currently alive. Hence soon as he died they all ran off leaving her with the weak, sick, and mr fedora.

What does Jon snow have now that stannis isn't around to give him back his name (and his claim to the throne)?

Targaryen blood.

ntropy

Stannis appeared as if he was observing something or someone behind Brienne.
Notice anyone missing from the Winterfell "battle"? Roose Bolton. I think he thwarts Brienne from delivering the fatal blow.

Lamel

Banned
Sansa and Theon are definitely not dead. She lit the candle in the beginning, Theon also jumped from that specific spot. Plus ultimately it wasn't shown.

Stannis, I think he is most likely dead, we shall see.

Also anyone feel gut-wrenched by the whole Benjen thing? :( I was so excited.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That pretty much leaves only Brienne and (sorta) Jaime to root for now.

Jaime is a good dude these days. Yes he used to be a dick, but he's bro-ish now. I was so happy for him this episode and then so sad. He's gonna meet a horrible death and it's going to suck because he's worked pretty hard to redeem himself.

I had some real hope because Jon really needed an ally after Sam left.

Lamel

Banned
Also LOL at them making Myrcella all sweet. Jaime finally gets to realize his moment as a dad and does not need to hide behind false pretenses and BAM, she's dead. I called it though as soon as that sand bitch kissed her. No way would she listen to wheelchair man and make peace.

Josh5890

Jaime is a good dude these days. Yes he used to be a dick, but he's bro-ish now. I was so happy for him this episode and then so sad. He's gonna meet a horrible death and it's going to suck because he's worked pretty hard to redeem himself.

Ehm outside of Tywin and Joffery, the Lannisters seem to escaoe death quite often

Sande

About the revival thing, Thoros was pretty much in a panic to revive Beric immediately. Jon is left for dead for R'hllor knows how long. I just don't see him coming back as anything other than a wight. I don't really see GRRM pulling shit like that anyway, but I guess we'll find out in 9 months.

That leap of faith doe. Is snow as effective as a pile of hay after a 30 meter fall? Find out May 2016. At least Sansa has to survive, right?
Edit: It's kind of conflicting because of course they shouldn't die (the scene and storyline making any sense) but then again of course they should (a huge fall, about the same as Myranda without the face plant).

Loakum

Banned
It really isn't. Arya said, "I can't see!" and then shows a fade out from her POV. She wasn't knocked unconscious. She's blind.

Sansa dying off screen, from her own stupidity of jumping from too high, makes absolutely NO sense. That's just... extremely bad writing. If she were going to die this episode they would have just let that crazy bitch with the bow do it. I could see Theon maybe, possibly being dead, since he redeemed himself by saving Sansa. But Sansa is 1000% alive. Look at how EVERY OTHER STARK has died. Front and center, uncompromisingly brutal deaths. Sansa is not going to die off screen so ambiguously. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

It's up for debate because we don't know, just like you don't know. You're guessing just like we're guessing. That's what we do on forums.

Stark Update

Sean Bean - beheaded

Catelyn - stabbed

Robb - stabbed

Bran - lost in the magical woods of whatever

Other young brother that is not Bran - somewhere...safe?

Arya - blinded? became a many faced dude? tripping out?

Sansa - jumped off a castle...died? saved by snow? used Theon as a cushion?

Jon Snow - stabbed many times. but hey, maybe the fire lady will bring him back. or maybe he's dead as fuck.

Shut. UP!

I refuse to accept this.

This episode felt way too cramped. If they were going to off everyone, it just seemed horrible that they did it all in one episode, because there were so many cutaways that it felt confusing.

Myrcella is the only dead as fuck person I'll accept.

His blood.

Wait, so, even if we're on #TeamResurrection .... Melisandre will only burn him for a sacrifice?

I thought Melisandre was evil. She certainly seems to be in it for herself with the way she seduced Jon Snow.

Oreoleo

For sure. I fell for it as badly as Jon did. Ollie said they found Benjen and I literally said, "NO SHIT!" Was really excited that they were gonna bring that storyline back around :(

I just realised something, why didn't Margery come up in the last 3-4 episodes?

So much happened this episode I totally forgot about her... She and Tommen not being in this episode is bizarre.

Minion101

Banned
By the way, any ideas for what the hell went down with Jaqen? Either the Faceless Men have way more powers than we were once lead to believe or Jaqen is a space wizard from the moon.

I'm almost lead to believe that might be the Many-Faced God.

I assume he can possess bodies like agent smith.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ehm outside of Tywin and Joffery, the Lannisters seem to escaoe death quite often

Yea, but he's been a good dude lately so I'm not expecting him to survive. Everyone who deserves happiness in this show just gets fucked hardcore, over and over again. I mean fuck, look at Grew Worm! He got fucked before we even met him and he's a real dude!

So, what are the odds Sam dies on the road to the sell-swords that abandoned Stannis? I'm betting it happens and it's going to be horrible.

Lamel

Banned
For sure. I fell it for as badly as Jon did. Ollie said they found Benjen and I literally said, "NO SHIT!" Was really excited that they were gonna bring that storyline back around :(

Ugh. This show is really like an abusive relationship. We are all the partner who gets fucked up and abused, but keeps coming back for more.

Sansa and Theon are definitely not dead. She lit the candle in the beginning, Theon also jumped from that specific spot. Plus ultimately it wasn't shown.

Stannis, I think he is most likely dead, we shall see.

Man, I just started watching the show in the last 6 months and I had already forgot who Benjen was. I was thinking to myself, "who the fuck is Jon Snows uncle and has he been on the show?"

What the hell does that say on the whatever it is Jon looks at before he gets killed? Is my computer too dark (at full brightness) or is it illegible?

Lamel

Banned
Man, I just started watching the show in the last 6 months and I had already forgot who Benjen was. I was thinking to myself, "who the fuck is Jon Snows uncle and has he been on the show?"

What the hell does that say on the whatever it is Jon looks at before he gets killed? Is my computer too dark (at full brightness) or is it illegible?

It said "traitor". It was pretty visible.

Loakum

Banned
Well I'm glad Ramsey and Cersei survived! Can't say the same for those Stark girls. lol (it's up in the air if Sansa survived that fall, or if Arya didn't just see herself die. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. )

It said "traitor". It was pretty visible.

Thanks. I'm on a macbook pro with full brightness using HBO Go and I can't read a single letter. What's the deal?

And my god I tried to watch this shit on my TV with the xbone app for 2 and a half hours earlier until I gave up. HBO Go sucks so bad.

KarmaCow

I'm genuinely surprised the sand snakes thing was for nothing. I wasn't expecting much, she was hot, but it was just requisite HBO nudity and a terrible fight scene. Dorne was such a disappointment.

I don't even know if this is a serious statement or not.....
It's serious post with terrible taste sprinkled on top.

I have to believe he has to be alive. His background hasn't been resolved and the red witch is back. I needed a W this episode and other than Cersei, it was all Ls. Maybe Miranda getting rekt and Sansa escaping is something. So about that bet hehe :)

This was the finale along with three's real finale that was filled with Ls for the good guys. Maybe next years.

Sajjaja

What a bummer of an episode. I hate how I can call out these deaths as they're happening, and it just sucks to see it.

It's like their life flashes before your eyes and it all happens in slow motion. You reach out and yell....but they can't hear...it's already too late....

Sober

Melisandre, now without a "chosen one" shows up just as Jon is bleeding there dying but not before Davos shows up just as Jon loses his "adviser".
The only two interesting characters in the Stannis storyline miraculously avoided being slaughtered, one by chance and the other through her own will.
Come on now.
Yeah, this seem a little on the nose.

Not sure why everyone thinks Stannis is still alive because it seemed pretty clear he was gonna die regardless, if not from Brienne, he was probably just gonna bleed out.

Oreoleo

What a bummer of an episode. I hate how I can call out these deaths as they're happening, and it just sucks to see it.

In the Jaime and Myrcella scene, they hug and I was like, "Now how long until one of them dies?" Then Myrcella's nose starts bleeding and my mom looked at me like I was a soothsayer :D

Yeah, this seem a little on the nose.

Not sure why everyone thinks Stannis is still alive because it seemed pretty clear he was gonna die regardless, if not from Brienne, he was probably just gonna bleed out.

People see a sword swing, they want to see the result understandably to believe they didn't just intentionally hit a tree or toss it on the ground or whatevs

Eyeh4wk

I found it really comical that; even though the Wall was brimming with people (the wildlings, Davos, Melisandre) whatshisface possy took the time to set up that little wooden sign and play that et tu Brute act on Jon, when he saw that sign I expected him to say "haha very funny guys, now where is my uncle ?" Just poison him, shank him in the shower or whatever. There is no need to be so elaborate.

xaosslug

are we betting weather or not the Lord of Light has shifted his support to Jon, and Melisandre will resurrect him? Seems too coincidental that she's @ Castle Black, now...

Also LOL at them making Myrcella all sweet. Jaime finally gets to realize his moment as a dad and does not need to hide behind false pretenses and BAM, she's dead. I called it though as soon as that sand bitch kissed her. No way would she listen to wheelchair man and make peace.

Yup, knew she did that when she kissed her.

I'm genuinely surprised the sand snakes thing was for nothing. I wasn't expecting much, she was hot, but it was just requisite HBO nudity and a terrible fight scene. Dorne was such a disappointment.

I wonder if GRRM would agree.

844CFE31-5CB2-42A7-97D4-FE7A81A17CD7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom