• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffen

That episode.

ArnHtne.jpg

mujun

Fuck the Night's Watch. Just when Jon Snow was coming into his own. I hope that they all get massacred.

Haha at Cersei. Didn't feel any pity at all. I hope she's learned some humility and hope she gets executed by the Faith Militant (or even better taken out by Margaery).

Arya shit was sort of cool (finally). I'm glad that the group she's with (forgot the name) are more clever than they've seemed over the last half a season or so.

Daenarys shit almost had me eye rolling. How many armies is she going to go through. I like her despite taking forever to develop as a character but I feel like history is repeating itself in her thread too much.

Tyrion crew is a cool thread.

Jorah and Daario is cool.

Sansa and Theon should die from that height, snow drift or not. At least that would be my guess. Mythbusters should figure it out. The candle shit was infuriating and once again this season has a silly plot point that seems like manipulation of the audience.

Dorne shit was lame. Why poison Myrcella? She really wanted revenge by proxy, I guess. Must be some Dorne thing that I don't understand. The Bronn line was cheesy and unnecessary if you ask me.

Stannis deserves to die. Idiot.

Is that all?

Nameless

I predict Jon will come back with his kindness and good hearted nature stripped away to a degree. He'll be something closer to resembling Stannis -- not evil, but willing to do whatever it takes, even monstrous things, to accomplish his goal(Stopping the White Walkers).

Step 1. Remove the Night's Watch filth that betrayed him so a real defense force can be installed at The Wall. Can't wait to see Thorne's face when Jon comes back for him.

Nikodemos

I predict Jon will come back with his kindness and good hearted nature stripped away to a degree. He'll be something closer to resembling Stannis -- not evil, but willing to do whatever it takes, even monstrous things, to accomplish his goal(Stopping the White Walkers).
Could potentially be explained by the fact that, according to Dondarrion, resurrection causes you to lose bits of your personality every time you come back.

Skux

Cersei's nude body double was probably more of a budget decision than the actresses'. An actress with her profile could charge a huge amount to do a nude scene (outdoors and surrounded by extras no less), and it'd be much cheaper to just use a body double.

rjc571

Banned
I refuse to believe Jun Snuh is permadead, because it would be supremely shitty writing to kill him off in the middle of an important story arc like that. When the other major characters died, it was either because their story arcs had run their course (e.g. Robb/Catlyn), or because it allowed the story to branch off in new directions (e.g. Ned). Snuh's entire experience fighting the White Walker army just two episodes earlier would be for naught, and without his knowledge and experience there is literally no one to combat them and stop them from inevitably storming the north (Sam doesn't count, he can't fight or lead and no one will listen to him), making the rest of the Night's Watch/Winterfell plotlines moot as well. Martin may come off as a vindictive asshole at times, but he's not a shitty writer.

Red Hood

Banned
Could potentially be explained by the fact that, according to Dondarrion, resurrection causes you to lose bits of your personality every time you come back.
Is that one of Dandelion's aliases from The Witcher 3?

I'm terribly sorry, completely off-topic but I couldn't resist.

kiguel182

First, I was spoiled of two of the twists of this episode because people are assholes.

Second, no way Snow is dead. And if he dies then this show just wasted hours upon hours on him for nothing. So either this makes no sense or he isn't dead.

The people that died off screen I would also bet they aren't dead because well, this is a TV show after all and that's always a safe bet.

The episode itself was great but since most of the season was setup I guess the pay off had to bring some good moments and it did.

Next season with less/no book spoilers will be great and seriously, fuck assholes who enjoy spoiling things for people.

Cersei's nude body double was probably more of a budget decision than the actresses'. An actress with her profile could charge a huge amount to do a nude scene (outdoors and surrounded by extras no less), and it'd be much cheaper to just use a body double.

Wait, that wasn't really her?

Nameless

Yup. And hopefully the Lord ignites an anger and vengeance in him like an interno, given the circumstances around his death.

funkypie

Banned

nah I just don't think she wanted to get her tits and muff out tbh. The doubles looked better.

aravuus

Dorne shit was lame. Why poison Myrcella? She really wanted revenge by proxy, I guess. Must be some Dorne thing that I don't understand. The Bronn line was cheesy and unnecessary if you ask me.

Bad pussy. The woman is hot as heck but jesus christ that line.

Also agree on the Dorne stuff in general. Can't believe I felt bad for the woman when Oberyn died, looks like she's just another petty asshole I can't wait to see die.

popeutlal

WTF, I haven't watched last night's episode yet...fucking Yahoo front page has the death spoiler from last night. Well that's what I get from going to Yahoo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Someone explain to me how the old dude at the Red Keep is still alive after all these seasons. Like, he has to be the character with barely any story surrounding him yet he continues to be creepy and old and live forever.

EDIT:

This motherfucker.
Game-Thrones-S4-Laws-Gods-Men-Pycelle.12-am.png.jpg

Someone explain to me how the old dude at the Red Keep is still alive after all these seasons. Like, he has to be the character with barely any story surrounding him yet he continues to be creepy and old and live forever.

EDIT:

This motherfucker.
The sight of good tits makes him forever young

NolbertoS

But it's not a spoiler at all because it's an event that has already happened in the show (the tittle says no book spoilers, meaning no spoilers from the books as they are were ahead of the show until now) and I didn't really compare because I was did not give any details on what happened in the book equivalent and we all know that the reasoning for Jon's death is petty here in the show...and even when you consider all of that it comes back to the first point, it's not a spoiler in the first place.

And also did you know that you can say things nicely ?

Edit: I'll just leave this thread now, my first post and interaction with someone in this thread ends up with a fuck off comment.

Dont let people dissuade you. Post if you want. Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, we are pretty much at the same level as the books, meaning we're in new territory for both next season. There were some minor plots that the GOT people missed, but I doubt they'll revisit it anytime soon, as we're moving forward, not backward in storylines.

But it's not a spoiler at all because it's an event that has already happened in the show (the tittle says no book spoilers, meaning no spoilers from the books as they are were ahead of the show until now) and I didn't really compare because I was did not give any details on what happened in the book equivalent and we all know that the reasoning for Jon's death is petty here in the show...and even when you consider all of that it comes back to the first point, it's not a spoiler in the first place.

And also did you know that you can say things nicely ?

Edit: I'll just leave this thread now, my first post and interaction with someone in this thread ends up with a fuck off comment.

First off. The thread rules are clear. No comparing the books to the show. Second point, I'm sure I am not alone in this thread as a show watcher only who at some point will probably read the books. By saying that something in the show is different than in the how it is in the books is a spoiler even if the end result is the same.

There is a reason there are two threads. Be respectful of the rules.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh yeah, also I seriously hope the insane religious bunch in King's Landing gets smashed next season

Goddamn they're annoying

Yeah, I want to see Zombie Mountain smashing skulls and ripping the fanatics in half next season. No way Cersei doesn't go back for the High Sparrow's head after this.

Red Hood

Banned

EDIT:

This motherfucker.

Lol, that's the biggest mystery out there in the series. Old man shouldn't have even made it to the fifth episode.

nahlakhai

EDIT:

This motherfucker.

There was that episode where he got out of bed and started stretching and doing squats. I think the purpose of that was to show he faked his old and frail persona so that people would underestimate him.

borborygmus

Dont let people dissuade you. Post if you want. Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, we are pretty much at the same level as the books, meaning we're in new territory for both next season. There were some minor plots that the GOT people missed, but I doubt they'll revisit it anytime soon, as we're moving forward, not backward in storylines.

You can't just casually override the rules of the thread. That's some sense of entitlement you've got there. Geez. :/

purg3

slept with Malkin
Lol, that's the biggest mystery out there in the series. Old man shouldn't have even made it to the fifth episode.

Well he got caught in the brothel and with the other shit that went down, Cersei put him in the dungeon, so he was there for a while right? I can't remember but how did he get out of the dungeons?

aravuus

I will say the head old dude is one of the better actors on the show. His facial expressions, damn.

Definitely. Great actor.

Yeah, I want to see Zombie Mountain smashing skulls and ripping the fanatics in half next season. No way Cersei doesn't go back for the High Sparrow's head after this.

Aww hell yeah, I can't believe how hyped I was to see him after season 4's events. Zombie Mountain is just way too cool.

EDIT:

This motherfucker.

Great deleted scene from I think season 2 that would probably explain that.

Spoiler just in case:
Tywin calls him out on his bullshit that he's old and fraile. He then talks normally and walks normally. Whole thing is an act.

Zaph

Yup, I don't think all his humanity/decency will be stripped away, but he's going to come back a lot (pardon the pun) colder. And hopefully wise enough not to allow Melisandre to cling to him.

It's obvious Dany and Jon are GoT's two main 'end gamers', and with how much this show loves doing symmetry - both within an episode and throughout an arc - it's clear those two characters are being mirrored.

Both rose to power far too quickly, not allowing enough time to learn how the game is played, and this season they paid the price for it. Dany had the city she freed turn against her, for Jon it was his brothers. As we enter the final act, I bet we're going to see a change in both of them, they'll be more decisive and willing to do some ugly business.

NolbertoS

You can't just casually override the rules of the thread. That's some sense of entitlement you've got there. Geez. :/

I'm voting to merge the threads, we only created the other thread so some people don't talk about future events from books. Guess what, there are no more future events from the books that can me considered spoiler. Next season, both threada will be walking "blind" no pun intended. I asked rhe mods already to merfe the threads when the time comes soon. Doesn't make snese to have 2 threads anymore.

Radec

The Lannisters are being destroyed too:

Jaime - Lost a hand, a daughter, and a son
Cersei - Imprisonned, Stripped, Humiliated
Tywin - Dead
Tyrion - Being hunted by his own family.
Joeffrey - Dead
Marcela - Dead
Tommen - Lost a brother, sister, queen. Almost no power in King's Landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom