• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't miss him, I mean I didn't understand why people were referring to him as a zombie, I literally don't recall maester experimenting as people are pointing out here.

He's been saying stuff to Cersei about it like every 5 minutes this season.

Plus the whole dude strapped to a table squirming around in his lab a few eps back.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I didn't miss him, I mean I didn't understand why people were referring to him as a zombie, I literally don't recall maester experimenting as people are pointing out here.
Remember the scene after a dwarf's head is brought to Cercei, and Qyburn is in his office? There was a gaunt body on a work station with a sheet over it. Then, while Qyburn is doing some gross things, the body starts shaking, and Qyburn tells it hold on.

I'm voting to merge the threads, we only created the other thread so some people don't talk about future events from books. Guess what, there are no more future events from the books that can me considered spoiler. Next season, both threada will be walking "blind" no pun intended. I asked rhe mods already to merfe the threads when the time comes soon. Doesn't make snese to have 2 threads anymore.

Well, there are still some future events that haven't been covered in the show, and other plotlines that didn't show up but still could. I don't think it's a great idea unless people really don't care about spoilers anymore.

I get the foreshadowing but what purpose would it serve to bring Jon back? The north is now lost. Nightwatch and Boltons have won. To me it's clear that Stannis and Jon were the only hope for it and now they are gone. Sansa has escaped and the Whitewalkers are just going to tear through the north and destroy the watch and the Boltons. That will be their end and the white walkers will meet resistance when they hit the south after some more politics and war between the houses.

Melisandre is a fraud. The lord of light is a fraud. In the words of Sir Davos soldiers win wars and this proved it. Can Jon come back? Sure but I don't see the purpose.

She DID birth that shadow that killed Renly. At least some of her god power/magic seems to be real.

puebla

aravuus

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5. I just don't understand what Ellara Sand's plan is. Oberyn volunteered to fight; Oberyn let his emotions distract him, and Oberyn died. Marcella is no longer a Lannister, but a freaking Martell. How does killing her avenge Oberyn? It pretty much dishonours his memory, as we know he wouldn't have agreed with this. What about her nephew who loves this girl, and respecting her Prince who has told her to cut this shit out?

Is she expecting a war? What invading army can take Dorne, or does she want Dorne to invade the rest of Westeros? I hope to fucking God that Doran had the foresight to have a guard or two with anti poison medicine. That scene where he says, "we need to keep them safe" makes me hope that the Prince had a contingency plan for this. For some reason I'm more pissed over Marcella potentially being dead than Jon. They telegraphed Jon being fucked by the Nights Watch all season, but the Marcella thing makes no logical sense to me.

She's just a massive idiot. It's the only reason I can come up with.

Also so is everyone else if they thought she wouldn't do anything after all. It was painfully obvious Myrcella was poisoned when Ellara kissed her, and it was equally painful to watch the others not realize this during the next 5 minutes.

Come on, you can even tell from the little you see of his eyes that he's FUBAR behind that helmet

Loakum

Banned
mx0pq.gif

Sorry for the shit quality

You know what they say...You Reek what you sow.....

It feels like the show is closing in.

Stannis is done. Lannister house is done with the exception of Tommen and he isnt gonna be a threat. Starks are done as a legit contender to the throne. There is no one left.

Feels like next season is Dany sailing back and taking the throne and then a battle with the white walkers.

Yeah things are gonna need to get moving with Stannis gone. He was the impending threat marching south going through the Bolton's and Lannister's.

I think the White Walkers are going to arrive before Danaerys does. Maybe the show will end with her arriving in Westeros to nothing but zombies and just noping her way back to Mereen.

She DID birth that shadow that killed Renly. At least some of her god power/magic seems to be real.
Well there is some power in the Lord of lights ways but I think the purpose of this was to show is it's not all powerful and she can be wrong. I can see her resurrecting Jon I just don't think it needs to happen. Dany and Bran will lead the fight against the walkers I think.

Kolx

So they killed all the good characters so they can force us to rally for Dany? even the only remaining one Tyrion are now with here? I'm not rooting for Dany no matter what happened. #TeamNoOne #NeverGetDisaapointed

Loakum

Banned
So they killed all the good characters so we rally for Dany and the only remaining one Tyrion are now with here? I'm not rooting for Dany no matter what happened. #TeamNoOne #NeverGetDisaapointed

There is always the White Walkers..#TeamWhiteWalkers

The Stannis storyline was horrible. 20 saboteurs somehow manage to destroy his armies supplies and seige weapons, so he burns his daughter alive and loses most of his army as a result. He then tries to seige a castle with nothing but foot soldiers in a wide open field ready to be routed, despite being a hardened battle commander who would obviously know better.

Kolx

By the way the way they killed john was very cheap. How about watching red and purple wedding and see how to give us a proper death of an important character instead of a cheap scene? even though I'm sure he will be in season 6 but still.

Nibel

The Stannis storyline was horrible. 20 saboteurs somehow manage to destroy his armies supplies and seige weapons, so he burns his daughter alive and loses most of his army as a result. He then tries to seige a castle with nothing but foot soldiers in a wide open field ready to be routed, despite being a hardened battle commander who would obviously know better.

I think most of those things make sense, but the very first Ramsay attack is just ridiculous; hundreds and hundreds of man and nobody notices 20 of those fuckers?

justjim89

Was Jaqen the waif the whole time? Was Jaqen even a real person? All the silly waxing philosophical about being no one makes it hard to determine the logistics of all this.

And what exactly made Arya go blind? Seeing her own face on a dead body?

I'm with the folks saying there's hardly anyone left to root for. Don't care for Dany cause she's so stubborn and pompous, Davos is hardly consequential enough to have major story impact at this point it would seem, Brienne is tiresome, Arya is playing Hitman: Blood Money, Hodor and Brann are talking to the weird tree baby thing. That leaves who, Sansa? No-Dick Greyjoy? Tyrion?

borborygmus

Was Jaqen the waif the whole time? Was Jaqen even a real person? All the silly waxing philosophical about being no one makes it hard to determine the logistics of all this.

I'm with the folks saying there's hardly anyone left to root for. Don't care for Dany cause she's so stubborn and pompous, Davos is hardly consequential enough to have major story impact at this point it would seem, Brienne is tiresome, Arya is playing Hitman: Blood Money, Hodor and Brann are talking to the weird tree baby thing. That leaves who, Sansa? No-Dick Greyjoy? Tyrion?

I think it has something to do with her gouging Meryn Trant's eyes out.

iNvid02

jon got stabbed 6 times, he'll be back for season 6

also the look on davos' face when he learns of shireen's death, retribution will be strong and sharp like the taste of an onion

OeVkjmo.jpg

RDreamer

I think Jaqen is just a face the faceless men can use. He is not someone. He was not someone else. Someone else was that face. Now someone different is that face, etc. Arya thought he was her friend because she didn't understand, much like others seem to here. It was never the same person she met in Westeros. It was the same "face."

I expected jon to die as soon as they even mention olly / ollie in one of the flashback segments.

I wonder what exactly happened with mellisandre though, how she could read her divinations so poorly.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I think Jaqen is just a face the faceless men can use. He is not someone. He was not someone else. Someone else was that face. Now someone different is that face, etc. Arya thought he was her friend because she didn't understand, much like others seem to here. It was never the same person she met in Westeros. It was the same "face."
That makes no sense. I can get the face swaps, but you want me to believe it also makes you talk and act the person too?

Worst season of the show so far, minus episode 8. I also don't think for a second Jon is dead. Mellisandre being at the wall is too convenient.

Blader

It just occurred to me that Tommen has been king for about 2 seasons now. Kid hasn't done shit!

It just doesn't make sense to not bring him back. I know they said that, but I'm not buying it.

Also now that Stannis and his family are gone, I wonder what will become of Davos? Will he be forgotten and added to the stillrowingboat.jpg? I really liked his character, one of the few good dudes in GoT, which means he will probably die in some shitty way.

In the 40 or so minutes between Stannis' death and Jon's, I was hoping that Davos would replace Sam as Jon's right hand and advisor. Oh well.

He made it pretty clear in the last several episodes that he would be marching on Winterfell no matter what. It was obviously not a smart gambit, especially after half his army deserted, but he had committed to it regardless of their chances. Had he not, he would've lost all credibility and momentum. His campaign would have been finished if he retreated, there was no "live to fight another day" scenario here.

I think most of those things make sense, but the very first Ramsay attack is just ridiculous; hundreds and hundreds of man and nobody notices 20 of those fuckers?

There was a heavy snow storm, Stannis' men aren't accustomed to the weather and Ramsay's are.

Jaqen is no one. He's a face worn by at least two people, maybe more. They all act like the same person because the training conditions to them to essentially become the same non-person.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Looks (heh) like putting on another person's face without the required proper training causes irreparable damage to your own.

The way I saw it it was the Many-Faced God taking back what Sanya wasn't allowed to take. She took Meryn Trant's eyesight and then his life, Jaqen gave up that guy's life (to save her, I assume) but she still had to give up her eyesight.

BunnyBear

Fuck this show. I saw Jon's death coming as soon as Sam got shipped off but it still fucking sucked to see.

Pretty entertaining episode but there was WAAAAAAYYYYY too much going on. I do not and never will understand why they could not have shared around a lot of the plot climaxes earlier in the season. Cersei's walk could have been placed in Ep7-9 and it would have worked better and allowed more time to flesh out the other story lines. Bah.

Looks (heh) like putting on another person's face without the required proper training causes irreparable damage to your own.

I have no fucking idea what was going on with those scenes. Unless this was all some crazy Arya fever dream, they're now actual magical shapeshifters? Now someone is going to reply to this post with "um excuse me but if you had been paying attention to season 3 episode fuckwit you would have KNOWN that they were shapeshifters for sure ages ago".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom