• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory B. Jon warged into Ghost...Wolf King Cometh

8mXnGHV.jpg

RyseSORNTRAppppiic0012.png

Jon Snow to make a return as Damocles

Maximo

Someone explain to me how the old dude at the Red Keep is still alive after all these seasons. Like, he has to be the character with barely any story surrounding him yet he continues to be creepy and old and live forever.

EDIT:

This motherfucker.
Game-Thrones-S4-Laws-Gods-Men-Pycelle.12-am.png.jpg
There is a deleted scene i think from last season? It shows him interacting with Tywin, Tywin asks before addressing him if he would quit the old man act out and if he truly believes anyone actually falls for this pathetic charade. It shows him talking normally and standing up straight, saying he likes the position he's in having give council to something like 3 kings, however as anyone noticed being in the spotlight often gets that person killed. So he puts on this act while maintaining his position but never saying or doing anything that could bring too much attention to himself, watch the scene then notice all the little things he's done and said from past seasons, he's actually really smart.

Yup, I don't think all his humanity/decency will be stripped away, but he's going to come back a lot (pardon the pun) colder. And hopefully wise enough not to allow Melisandre to cling to him.

It's obvious Dany and Jon are GoT's two main 'end gamers', and with how much this show loves doing symmetry - both within an episode and throughout an arc - it's clear those two characters are being mirrored.

Both rose to power far too quickly, not allowing enough time to learn how the game is played, and this season they paid the price for it. Dany had the city she freed turn against her, for Jon it was his brothers. As we enter the final act, I bet we're going to see a change in both of them, they'll be more decisive and willing to do some ugly business.
It took Jon until season 5 to rise to power and he was learning along the way though... He's still not careful, a general Stark problem that all of them share other than (to a degree Arya and Sansa). The political game is something every Stark other than Sansa lacks.

I have a feeling they are setting it up as Cersei killing her own children. Got her husband killed, her son rose to power early and died. Asked Jaime to bring his daughter to him, she died. She is going to ask her son, the new King to kill the Faith Militant and they will die in the process. Then Tyrion is going to come by the end of season 6 to troll her.

RDreamer

I'm voting to merge the threads, we only created the other thread so some people don't talk about future events from books. Guess what, there are no more future events from the books that can me considered spoiler. Next season, both threada will be walking "blind" no pun intended. I asked rhe mods already to merfe the threads when the time comes soon. Doesn't make snese to have 2 threads anymore.

I'm probably going to be joining the other thread next year anyway since I want to read the books finally, but this is a bad idea.

Do you really think people who just watch the show want to sit through constant arguments on differences between the show and shit they've never read, because that's what the thread will be. Sure, maybe they're not going to get spoiled, but the thread will be a mess and won't cater to the talking they actually will want.

Why are people talking about a zombie mountain? What did I miss regarding him?

That Qyborn guy resurrected him. He was the big hulking dude with Cersei at the end. He's been talking about fixing him up since Oberyn poisoned him.

The Lannisters are being destroyed too:

Jaime - Lost a hand, a daughter, and a son
Cersei - Imprisonned, Stripped, Humiliated
Tywin - Dead
Tyrion - Being hunted by his own family.
Joeffrey - Dead
Marcela - Dead
Tommen - Lost a brother, sister, queen. Almost no power in King's Landing.

Only the Tyrells and Martells come out on top. Greyjoys arguably too I guess, could be worse for them.

kiguel182

Let me guess, Arya being blinded and Jon's stabbing, am I right? Spoiled those two moments for me as well those assholes.

Yup, those two.

Some dude read the wikipage entry of the books and decided to just post that on a facebook group I was part of because of college.

Assholes is the right word.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Who else thinks that the first target Cersei is gonna sick her new Zombie Mountain pet on is that creepy ass nun that kept bullying her into confessing with that damn ladel??? You know the one Cersei threatened by saying her's was the last face she'll ever see?

I can't wait
56ZxlaO.gif

iNvid02

The Lannisters are being destroyed too:

Jaime - Lost a hand, a daughter, and a son
Cersei - Imprisonned, Stripped, Humiliated
Tywin - Dead
Tyrion - Being hunted by his own family.
Joeffrey - Dead
Marcela - Dead
Tommen - Lost a brother, sister, queen. Almost no power in King's Landing.

I don't see mrycella surviving even if they turn the ship around and sail back to Dorne. Tommen's rule has felt like it was running on a timer, if he gets dethroned or dies it wouldnt be a shock.

What I wanna know is how this will impact Cersei - will the death of most, if not all of her children truly break her, or will it invigorate her lust for revenge? With robo-mountain at her side she could bring back the Lannister threat we've been lacking since Tywin died.

#ALannisteralwayspayshisdebts.

hmmm...possible, but Kit and HBO's producers all said very point blank: "Jon Stark is dead, and he's not coming back."

what if he returns as someone, or something else. they would be right technically.

hes not Jon Snow, hes Jon Fire

Jarnet87

Game of Boltons, haters gonna hate but my boy Ramsay survived. The Boltons got completely shafted along with Brienne these last couple episodes. There is literally like 3 minutes of screen time between them over the past 2 episodes of the season. Ramsay is gonna take 20 men and infiltrate Stannis's camp, we dont even see him just some tents get lit on fire. then we see him after a battle killing a stragler.

Radec

I don't see mrycella surviving even if they turn the ship around and sail back to Dorne. Tommen's rule has felt like it was running on a timer, if he gets dethroned or dies it wouldnt be a shock.

What I wanna know is how this will impact Cersei - will the death of most, if not all of her children truly break her, or will it invigorate her lust for revenge? With robo-mountain at her side she could bring back the Lannister threat we've been lacking since Tywin died.

#ALannisteralwayspayshisdebts.

I'm betting all my coins to Cersei unleashing her wrath on those cult. Then to Dorne for killing her daughter.

scabro

i had jon's death spoiled but not any of the cricumstances. i didn't want to post any theories because i technically knew that he did in fact die, but holy fuck was it obvious as shit what was gonna happen.

anyway

dat cercei

goddamn

we dont choose indeed, Jaime

purg3

slept with Malkin
hmmm...possible, but Kit and HBO's producers all said very point blank: "Jon Stark is dead, and he's not coming back."

It just doesn't make sense to not bring him back. I know they said that, but I'm not buying it.

Also now that Stannis and his family are gone, I wonder what will become of Davos? Will he be forgotten and added to the stillrowingboat.jpg? I really liked his character, one of the few good dudes in GoT, which means he will probably die in some shitty way.

It feels like the show is closing in.

Stannis is done. Lannister house is done with the exception of Tommen and he isnt gonna be a threat. Starks are done as a legit contender to the throne. There is no one left.

Feels like next season is Dany sailing back and taking the throne and then a battle with the white walkers.

Loakum

Banned
Of course they wouldn't say it if they planned to rez him next season... geez

That was more an easter egg for readers than anything

Or they could just be telling the truth...geeeeeeezzz

Do you think they would tell you if he was alive or coming back?

they could had easily just avoided answering the question. It's very possible that Jon is as dead as Ned....or it's possible he warged into Ghost. I don't know, either way.

Zaph

the riveting conclusion of the sand snake arc this season, great job

[IMG ]http://giant.gfycat.com/GlitteringLazyAardwolf.gif[/IMG]

Damn, looking back at the entire season, I'm only just realising how bad everything with the Sand Snakes was.

At first I could excuse their awful plan as anger/grief making them lash out at the only 'Lannister' in sight. But then the whole Jaime plot happened, and yet they still went through with the original plan when they could have just tried to kill him instead? Surely he's more responsible for what happened?

The conversation in the library just felt like a very forced way of keeping the focus on Myrcella in order to kill off an expendable character, rather than the one that made the most sense.

roytheone

Man, what an episode. A lot of stuff happened, and some things were handled a little bit clumsy (The battle for Winterfell and Stannis "death" to be more precise), but the shocking deaths and events made more than up for that. I loved the episode even though I hated what was happening, in that typical GoT style :)

All in all, the season was defiantly not the strongest, a lot of slow episodes with nothing happening, but it was still far from bad. Can't wait for the next season, but I am afraid I will have too :(

Oh, and all you guys saying that the night watch deserves to be buried underneath the wall now: I am with you, but please let ser Davos escape first. together with Tyrion he is one of the only truly good characters still left on the show now.

NolbertoS

It feels like the show is closing in.

Stannis is done. Lannister house is done with the exception of Tommen and he isnt gonna be a threat. Starks are done as a legit contender to the throne. There is no one left.

Feels like next season is Dany sailing back and taking the throne and then a battle with the white walkers.

Tommen is gonna die. I'm not even spoilering that. Just by the old witches tale that Cersei as a young girl got her future foretold. 2 of her kids are dead and one more to seal the foretelling. Tyrion seems likely to be the last Lannister to survive.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Someone explain this to me like I'm 5. I just don't understand what Ellara Sand's plan is. Oberyn volunteered to fight; Oberyn let his emotions distract him, and Oberyn died. Marcella is no longer a Lannister, but a freaking Martell. How does killing her avenge Oberyn? It pretty much dishonours his memory, as we know he wouldn't have agreed with this. What about her nephew who loves this girl, and respecting her Prince who has told her to cut this shit out?

Is she expecting a war? What invading army can take Dorne, or does she want Dorne to invade the rest of Westeros? I hope to fucking God that Doran had the foresight to have a guard or two with anti poison medicine. That scene where he says, "we need to keep them safe" makes me hope that the Prince had a contingency plan for this. For some reason I'm more pissed over Marcella potentially being dead than Jon. They telegraphed Jon being fucked by the Nights Watch all season, but the Marcella thing makes no logical sense to me.

I'm annoyed at the amount of cliffhangers this episode and how everything feels like a setup for season 6 rather than its own thing.

Arya's blind now.... so what happens next?
Sansa and Theon are escaping.... so are they successful?
These Dothraki that found Danaerys.... are they going to take her prisoner or join her?

At least Stannis and Jon's deaths wrapped up their arcs, these other plotlines feel like they're still halfway through a season.

holy shit that last episode was amazing. 1 thing i dont understand, have a boltons army been wiped out during the fight with stannis? because u see dead horses everywhere and it seems everyone killed each other

i didnt see the death of john snow coming, not this soon. and cercsi with the walk of shame lmao that was hilarious. what an end to the season

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm annoyed at the amount of cliffhangers this episode and how everything feels like a setup for season 6 rather than its own thing.

Arya's blind now.... so what happens next?
Sansa and Theon are escaping.... so are they successful?
These Dothraki that found Danaerys.... are they going to take her prisoner or join her?

At least Stannis and Jon's deaths wrapped up their arcs, these other plotlines feel like they're still halfway through a season.

Isn't this every GoT episode ten ever since the series started?

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
Yeah, this seem a little on the nose.

Not sure why everyone thinks Stannis is still alive because it seemed pretty clear he was gonna die regardless, if not from Brienne, he was probably just gonna bleed out.

In part because this show takes any and every opportunity to show violence (and nudity), and gratuitously at that. Between burning a child alive and torturing Theon for the best part of a season, I don't see them allowing a key character who has been with us since the start to be killed off screen. It's not how the show has done things.

It's been deliberately left unresolved. I've never touched any of the books but I'd venture to guess it's unresolved there, too. Otherwise the way it was shot just doesn't add up.

Loakum

Banned
The more I think about it, the more obvious it's becomes that Jon Snow is dead...as in permadead...as in never coming back, dead.

Isn't this every GoT episode ten ever since the series started?

I don't know I feel like last season wrapped stuff up better.

Like Tyrion fled King's Landing but at least he took out Tywin on the way and it showed him actually properly escaping, compared to Sansa jumping off a fucking wall when for all we know she breaks her leg and Ramsay captures her 5 minutes into season 6 and flays her for the next 7 episodes.

I get the foreshadowing but what purpose would it serve to bring Jon back? The north is now lost. Nightwatch and Boltons have won. To me it's clear that Stannis and Jon were the only hope for it and now they are gone. Sansa has escaped and the Whitewalkers are just going to tear through the north and destroy the watch and the Boltons. That will be their end and the white walkers will meet resistance when they hit the south after some more politics and war between the houses.

Melisandre is a fraud. The lord of light is a fraud. In the words of Sir Davos soldiers win wars and this proved it. Can Jon come back? Sure but I don't see the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom