• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw it.

Hah I don't believe Jon is done.

Cersei's walk almost made me feel sorry for her..... But then I remember what she had done.

Yaaaaaaas I backed the right horse!! #TeamManflayer!!!

Dany looks like she finally found her Dothraki bros again.

Good finale.

funkypie

Banned
CGI cersi walking down that street provided so many potential funny gifs.

that guy who gets his nob out and shouts to ask for his lannister cock to be sucked.

that guy who goes right in her face and says FUCK OFF

and that guy who spits on her face.

oti

Banned
Fire witch gonna drink that King's blood like there's no tomorrow.

I hope we'll see Wizard Stark again next season.

I don't know if it's been discussed before, but the trailer/episode teasers/names are FAR more spoilery than some book remark (i.e. whats different in them) IMO. Last years' "The Mountain and the Viper" wasn't exacly spoilyproof after Tyrions' speach. *sigh*

I like to think hard about what's gonna happen, one frame from bloody teaser can ruin that. Why is this OK and even tiny mention of the books is not? (haven't read them)

Edit.: ofc not thinks like "Hodor gonna die tonight", that's just wrong and perpetrator should be Reeked. Condolences to spoiled ones.

No one has noticed this, but the bit with Dany and Drogon on the mountain and its slopes is the exact same Irish location used with Brienne and Podrick, as well as Little Finger and Sansa arriving at the footsteps of Moat Cailin, all in season 5, as seen in that new YT video https://youtu.be/npLvOZ5rcpU
Unusual or intentional, I don't know, but i haven't read the books.

This was terrible. I felt terrible for Jamie, just happy he was able to have an honest moment with his daughter. I really don't know what the fallout is going to be. Loses his hand, relegating him to "I can barely defend myself" guy. Loses a son, his daughter with whom he could finally be open with, and the love of his life pushing him away.

Well he should have known better. I mean he tried so switch sides to the ' good guys' team. The moment he grew conscience, he lost a hand. Then his son. Now his daughter.

In a way, maybe the story is telling him that he's supposed to go back to be the bad person that he was?????

:x

jem0208

I'm done with this show. That was a very poor season. Out of 10 episodes I think there was 2 which I enjoyed?

Episode 8 was obviously amazing and and 9 was pretty good, the rest were pretty damn boring really.

There's also the fact that there isn't a single storyline I'm actually interested in left. Jon and Stannis were the last bastions of entertainment for me. Now they're both gone I'm not sure I can be bothered to trudge through Dany and the Dragons and Cersei's Monster. Ugh.

oti

Banned
And what exactly happened to Arya? Did she get blind because she stabbed that dude's eyes? Because she saw her own face? And her mentor dude is really weird.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I feel something was off with Jons eyes at the end, like they changed color or something.

Not sure if this source and stuf fis legit, but Kit has renewed the contract for s6.

http://masterherald.com/jon-snow-wi...arrington-renews-contract-for-season-6/18728/

Well, that article was definitely written on a cash-per-word basis.

Anyway, the cast all signed for up to the seventh season, in fact. News broke on this back in November. But it doesn't keep them safe until then. It means they're "optioned" for up to seven seasons as of now.

Plasma

Banned
And what exactly happened to Arya? Did she get blind because she stabbed that dude's eyes? Because she saw her own face? And her mentor dude is really weird.

She wasn't no one so putting on the face acted as some kind of poison I think that's what Jaquen said.

MikeyB

I'm genuinely surprised the sand snakes thing was for nothing. I wasn't expecting much, she was hot, but it was just requisite HBO nudity and a terrible fight scene. Dorne was such a disappointment.
It wasn't for nothing. It provided the best dialogue of the season. "You marry the good girls but need the bad pussy." Well done show. I needed to hear that more than how the shit Tyrion and co. made it out of the arena and back to the City or where Varys has been. I mean Sam and Jon high fiving over Sam getting some was a close second, but I didn't want to see any of the battle at Winterfell anyway.

Maximo

I'm done with this show. That was a very poor season. Out of 10 episodes I think there was 2 which I enjoyed?

Episode 8 was obviously amazing and and 9 was pretty good, the rest were pretty damn boring really.

There's also the fact that there isn't a single storyline I'm actually interested in left. Jon and Stannis were the last bastions of entertainment for me. Now they're both gone I'm not sure I can be bothered to trudge through Dany and the Dragons and Cersei's Monster. Ugh.

2620379-4735299438-46895.gif

fantomena

Well, that article was definitely written on a cash-per-word basis.

Anyway, the cast all signed for up to the seventh season, in fact. News broke on this back in November. But it doesn't keep them safe until then. It means they're "optioned" for up to seven seasons as of now.

Yeah, looked it it more, not good enough source.

Btw:

http://www.ew.com/article/2011/07/21/dance-with-dragons-shocking-twist-g
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So why did you kill Jon Snow?
GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?

It wasn't for nothing. It provided the best dialogue of the season. "You marry the good girls but need the bad pussy." Well done show. I needed to hear that more than how the shit Tyrion and co. made it out of the arena and back to the City or where Varys has been. I mean Sam and Jon high fiving over Sam getting some was a close second, but I didn't want to see any of the battle at Winterfell anyway.

I like that girl. She's pretty. But I hope they wont turn Bronn into a pussy-smitten drooling buffoon of a comic relief character.

Rolfgang

Great finale. Still loved the season despite the pacing complaints. Most finale episodes of GoT have been big setups for the next season and this opens up a bunch of new plot lines:

- Tyrion/Grey Worm/Missandei in Mereen
- Jorah and Daario's road trip to find Danaerys
- Danaerys finds herself back with Dothraki
- Arya becoming Daredevil
- Zombie Hound is back
- Cersei's revenge?
- Myrcella's death and how it will change the relationship between King's Landing/Lannister and Dorne/Martell
- WTF is the Night's Watch going to do

I can't see how anyone is surprised the Night's Watch turned on Jon. They always were a bunch of thugs, murderers and rapists, under the public image of a noble organisation (what they used to be), and only a handful of them cared about happened past the wall anyway. As soon as they think the leader's an ass who will get them killed, it's only a matter of time before they overthrow him.

Nah mate, that's Zombie Mountain!

jem0208

Of course you are.

This is the first time I've said that and I'm being honest. That was a really poor season. I basically forced myself to watch it up until the 8th episode. The show's being steadily going downhill and now there's only one character I actually like left and he's stuck over in Meereen dealing with all that boring shit.

This entire season has been forgettable.

TheContact

There were absolutely no spoilers in what i blacked out but i edited it anyway because clearly people like you cant speculate. Why dont you say fuck somemore while youre at it

There's no book discussion in this thread. If you want to talk about the books there's soecifically a whole other thread for that

Judging by the reactions I still don't regret quitting this show after the Sansa stuff.

Feels good to quit GoT, rather than saying it you should just do it.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Judging by the reactions I still don't regret quitting this show after the Sansa stuff.

Feels good to quit GoT, rather than saying it you should just do it.

It's my favorite show (and that was a top five episode) so I shall not! But for those saying they will, I agree -- maybe just do it if you're not having fun.

This is the first time I've said that and I'm being honest. That was a really poor season. I basically forced myself to watch it up until the 8th episode. The show's being steadily going downhill and now there's only one character I actually like left and he's stuck over in Meereen dealing with all that boring shit.

Denial is strong in this one. You'll be back with your dick out.

Anyway, so glad I stayed off Facebook. Jesus fuck. THR spoils the fucking ending in their headline.

Lyonaz

That red witch better revive my boy Jon and have him burn down the whole Night Watch.

Ugh. This show! My emotions!!1 I can't handle it!... >.<

Zelias

Banned
Guess Meli will revive Jon and try and make him the new champion of the Lord of Light?

At this point I'd be happy if Jon became a White Walker and laid waste to Westeros. Hope Season 6 has plenty of Tyrion and Varys!

arab

jon's gonna get phoenix down'd, stannis/theon/sansa aint dead. i'm not saying i quit the show but i'm just trying to examine what i get from watching the show. it's a strange escape for me but the world is very brutal and unforgiving. i'm probably better off watching arrested development

Angry Fork

Thought it was a weak finale honestly, the last ep was way better. Upset that Snow dies right when they start to make him a fun and interesting character to watch. I liked Arya (although I thought it was rushed/out of nowhere), but basically everything with all the characters feels like it ends too aimless. I get that it makes good fodder/jumping off point for the next season but as an isolated episode it's disappointing.

Can't say I was expecting it but I was hoping for some more positivity besides the thought of Cersei's revenge (and I've always liked and rooted for the Lannisters anyway because they're such awesome bad guys), but even that will probably be robbed from us by GRRM. Cersei will probably come this close to beheading that nun after a season of milking it, then dies and the nun happily walks away. GRRM trademark.

Also assuming naked cersei was fake, major props to whoever the woman was who went through all that shit. Shame the real actress didn't do it, idk I feel like if I was an actor I'd want to prove my metal by doing a scene like that rather than pass it off to someone else.

MikeyB

I wish the people who stop watching the show didn't feel the need to constantly come in these threads and tell us how much they hate it.
Fair enough. After five years of watching, I'm going to make one epic post or maybe a blog post and then shut it down and stay out of the threads. The show has gone from a satisfying meal to runny shit and I need to figure out how it got broken.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with dialogue and character chemistry. Outside of Stannis, there was nobody with the gravity of Catlyn, Robb, Ned, Tywin, the Hound, or Mance. There was no chemistry like the small council of the past, Tywin and his kids, Arya and Tywin, Arya and the Hound, Brienne and Jaime, or Jon and his brothers and later the wildlings. Varys and Tyrion got close but it was short-lived.

jem0208

The entire Littlefinger giving Sansa to Ramsey thing.

I've watched one or two scenes since then & kept up with the synopsis a bit, but I'm done with the show as a whole.
Oh yeah, how the hell did I forget about that...

What even happened to Little Finger? He just seems to have disappeared...

I thought he planned on attacking Winterfell after the battle with Stannis? He made a deal to replace Bolton as the warden of the north right?

Angry Fork

I just realised, I accidentally read somewhere that Bronn was going to die in this episode. THANK FUCK THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

I was spoiled about Jon but without context or who did it. I assumed it was fake so I was still surprised by it. Not as much as I would've been without spoilers but oh well.

Littlefinger is obviously the Priest of the God of Asspull.

He'll show up again once the story show requires a contrived plottwist that should unquestionably backfire on him that makes him seem smart.

"Plot holes aren't a pit ... plot holes are a ladder." -ancient proverb of the asspullians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom