• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brojito

Neo Member
Yea, I didn't hate this season like some others seemed to, but the finale really showed just how dragged out the early episodes were and how compressed the end was. They needed to trim some of the fat early on and spread all these events out over 2-3 episodes. Stannis' end especially should have lasted longer than 10 minutes. It was almost comical at first:

"M'lord!"
"What?"
"Half the army has deserted!"
"Shit."
"M'lord!"
"What?!"
"Your wife committed suicide!"
"Well shit."
"M'lord!"
"WHAT NOW?!?"

The slow breakdown of his army and his failed assault on Winterfell should have taken up most of an episode, not the first 10 minutes of one.

When Jon gets rezzed and rallys the North and the Wildlings and retakes it himself.

Ramsay is going to sit on the Iron Throne, isn't he?

Shirtless Ramsey with twenty good men.

#KingInTheNorth

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So Stannis and what was left of his army died in the attempt to get the Boltons out of Winterfell. When is this evil family finally going to get their comeuppance?

When Jon gets rezzed and rallys the North and the Wildlings and retakes it himself.

Ramsay is going to sit on the Iron Throne, isn't he?

Alpende

I just watched it and what the hell. Every good guy dies or seems to have died, except for Trant which was an awesome kill for Arya though. Other than that I have no idea what's going to happen. So many possibilities.

EDIT: Didn't notice or pay attention to the CGI during the walk 'o shame.

1LiX4eH.jpg

BSsBrolly

Banned
It cannot be coincidence that both Stannis and Jon were bleeding out, right?

Edit: by that I mean it may have some sort of significance.

Raistlin

Since the books are now up to speed woth the series, can we merge both mega GOT threads now. Next season, we'll all be on even ground.
After making the mistake of discussing the current state with a book reader, there are appears to be some strands out there that have not been shown in the series thus far.

Granted they could always get nixed for the show, but it's quite likely I just got spoiled on some shit.

I don't think a merge is a good plan.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I will laugh out loud if the next season begins with the Watch burning Jon's body.
Cut to Reeks and Sansa's broken bodies at the bottom of the castle wall. Cut to Arias dead body on the floor of the face room. Cut to Dani, as the riders hack her to pieces. Cut to Tyrion noticing stone scales on his skin. Cut to Jaime kissing his dead daughters lips. Cut to benjens body, and the hounds body, and Stanis body all obviously dead.

Well that was a lot crammed into 60 mins.

Stannis was written out like a punk. "Sire, your men have mutinied, your wife's killed herself, your army looks like it's been surrounded and here comes a 6ft blonde to kill you. Well..... See ya...."

- Ramsay's mistress falling from the tower was brutal
- Don't fuck with Arya
- They spent all the money on Drogba, so they only had $50 to cg Lena's head.
- "I love you father" *ded* We'll who didn't see that coming?
- Is Sansa or Dany the next Kim Bauer?

I think there's been a drop in quality this series. I'm off to catch up with the books to see if they suffer the same fate,or if i5 is a case of 10 shows a year just not doing the source material justice.

suzu

After making the mistake of discussing the current state with a book reader, there are appears to be some strands out there that have not been shown in the series thus far.

Granted they could always get nixed for the show, but it's quite likely I just got spoiled on some shit.

I don't think a merge is a good plan.

Definitely not a good idea. A thread merge is unlikely to happen.

Whose army attacked Stannis? I don't believe we saw banners. I thought initially that his own men Ramsey told them to fight for him and he would give them food (ugh), but their horses died. That didn't look like a Northernern type of attack. Littlefinger said he wouldn't attack until both armies fought.

Where did the Boltons get that many horses if it was purely their army? That battle is a bit of a mystery to me...

Blader

that's horrible

Stannis was the one true king. And he dies off screen to useless Brienne? fucken writers.

Stannis was a fuck up who had his daughter burned alive at the stake. Why anyone mourns, much less admires, him is beyond me.
Whose army attacked Stannis? I don't believe we saw banners. I thought initially that his own men Ramsey told them to fight for him and he would give them food (ugh), but their horses died. That didn't look like a Northernern type of attack. Littlefinger said he wouldn't attack until both armies fought.

Where did the Boltons get that many horses if it was purely their army? That battle is a bit of a mystery to me...

The Boltons have always had a big army.

MikeyB

Viewership started high, declined steadily until episode 8, and then bumped up to plateau at last year's levels.

Each season had consistently higher viewership than the previous season until this one.

I didn't get the Ramsay's mistress scene. There's no way she would have killed Sansa. She just explained why she's important and Ramsay would have punished her for killing Sansa.

If she just aimed to hurt Sansa (which would be stupid because she could easily die from any wound, she's frail and it's a crossbow...), then why the heroic act of Theon? I guess he has less restrains because he only has to obey his master but... meh :/

Raistlin

Can we stop talking about spoilers ffs? Those spoilers have come from the book, we don't discuss book shit here, is that particularly difficult to comprehend? There is still stuff which has happened in the books which has not happened in the show. Some of us are speculating that Jon is still alive, the fact that your book spoiler confirmed him dead is an indirect spoiler for us.
Can people stop obnoxiously freaking out when someone simply states that it sucks they were spoiled for some specific event that occurred on the show - regardless of where that spoiler came from?

These people are in no way citing details of any sort. They are simply stating they got spoiled on Jon's death ... after it happened on the show.

Fuck, people are taking this spoiler stuff to stupid levels

Remember how gut wrenching it was seeing Robs Neds sword be melted by that blacksmith?... I think next season will start in a similar fashion.. probably those fucks in Black castle quartering Jon Snow.. Destroying all the hopes of a JS Resurrection.

Wasn't that Ned's sword?
yep if rogot

Blader

Remember how gut wrenching it was seeing Robs sword be melted by that blacksmith?... I think next season will start in a similar fashion.. probably those fucks in Black castle quartering Jon Snow.. Destroying all the hopes of a JS Resurrection.

Wasn't that Ned's sword?

wildfire

Banned
I didn't get the Ramsay's mistress scene. There's no way she would have killed Sansa. She just explained why she's important and Ramsay would have punished her for killing Sansa.

If she just aimed to hurt Sansa (which would be stupid because she could easily die from any wound, she's frail and it's a crossbow...), then why the heroic act of Theon? I guess he has less restrains because he only has to obey his master but... meh :/

She threatened to cut Sansa into pieces. She used the exact same words Ramsey used before lopping off his penis. But she wasn't Ramsey and Theon wasn't afraid of her like Ramsey.

JB1981

These so called "families suck right". Targaryens-aerys stabbed by Kings guard. Rhaegar hammered to death by Robert baratheon. Varys gold melted head. Dany trapped by dothraki hoard alone .....Starks Ned head chopped off. Cat throat slit. Rob stark and wife stabbed to death and arrowed. Bran paralyzed. Rickon in hiding. Sansa rapes. Arya blind and Jon snow killed by his comrades. Greyjoy. Cock cut off. Lannisters. Tywin dead on shitter. Jamie has no hand. Geoffrey and Myrcella poisoned. Tyrion exiled. And cersei atonement thru kings landing. Baratheons Robert skewered by a boar. Renly killed by a wraith. Stannis killed after burning his daughter and wife hangs her self. Aryns-Jon gets poisoned and his wife gets thrown out of moon door. Marbells -ones crippled and oberyn gets head bashed in. Tyrell-ser loras thrown in jail for being gay and margery is throne in cell for lying about it........these people are terrible at playing this game.

edgefusion

I really wish they had shown Stannis's death by Brienne in full. It could've been a cathartic moment for a sympathetic character, but they ruined it by being all 'ayyy cliffhanger lmao'.

I'm not ready to talk about Jon Snow's death. T_T

Wreav

Banned
I really wish they had shown Stannis's death by Brienne in full. It could've been a cathartic moment for a sympathetic character, but they ruined it by being all 'ayyy cliffhanger lmao'.

I'm not ready to talk about Jon Snow's death. T_T

But he's not dead so save your words.

SkylineRKR

These so called "families suck right". Targaryens-aerys stabbed by Kings guard. Rhaegar hammered to death by Robert baratheon. Varys gold melted head. Dany trapped by dothraki hoard alone .....Starks Ned head chopped off. Cat throat slit. Rob stark and wife stabbed to death and arrowed. Bran paralyzed. Rickon in hiding. Sansa rapes. Arya blind and Jon snow killed by his comrades. Greyjoy. Cock cut off. Lannisters. Tywin dead on shitter. Jamie has no hand. Geoffrey and Myrcella poisoned. Tyrion exiled. And cersei atonement thru kings landing. Baratheons Robert skewered by a boar. Renly killed by a wraith. Stannis killed after burning his daughter and wife hangs her self. Aryns-Jon gets poisoned and his wife gets thrown out of moon door. Marbells -ones crippled and oberyn gets head bashed in. Tyrell-ser loras thrown in jail for being gay and margery is throne in cell for lying about it........these people are terrible at playing this game.

anigif_enhanced-4259-1402410964-28.gif

That would make an awesome Billy Joel song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom