• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think still think you're reading the situation in an ultra sensitive way. I haven't seen anything in this thread that suggests the book finalized Jons death as you seem to think people are saying. Just that the book had the same situation take place. As far as I know book readers have been having the same discussions about this situation as we are now. I have no clue if that's true, btw. I'm not a book reader and have been told to stay out of the other thread by others here.

Book readers told him it wasn't a spoiler and he shouldn't worry but he's still freaking out over nothing.

Skii

This show is bullshit. How can they kill Jon like that? Fuck sake.

If Stannis is somehow alive, I'll be annoyed. I rooted for him but it is completely inconsistent with Brienne's character if she spared him.

I also can't believe after all that, Cersei is still in one of the best positions in the Kingdom. Amazing, really.

As someone who's messed up and been in the book thread before, I can tell you minute details discussed there are not being discussed here. I wish I could burn what I saw from my memory.

She may not know she has that power either. Maybe the potency of Jon's blood will allow her to.
This woman birthed a shadow wraith, how does she not have the life materia orb? Or know how to use it still? She sees visions in random fire. Her skill set seems stacked enough so either she doesn't know how to do it or she hasn't grinded out enough levels yet. I'd she can do it why not do it on Stannis or tease that she can do it? Jon doesn't seem to mean much to her, she just sort of verbally toyed with him. Granted she's running out of baratheon blood for her spells so I guess fetching some Jon blood will be a relevant fetch quest for her.

Raynes

Book readers told him it wasn't a spoiler and he shouldn't worry but he's still freaking out over nothing.

Yeah, you were the one to post that spoiler and you keep coming to defend it. My explanation for why I found it to be a spoiler is not something that can resolved by a book reader, that makes no sense. In this thread we pretend the books don't exist, you come here, break the rule and keep trying to justify yourself for breaking the rule.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, you were the one to post that spoiler and you keep coming to defend it. My explanation for why I found it to be a spoiler is not something that can resolved by a book reader, that makes no sense. In this thread we pretend the books don't exist, you come here, break the rule and keep trying to justify yourself for breaking the rule.

Check out my huge book spoiler, guys.

Some asshole in my WoW raid said Jon died a few months back and I saw about 2 people saying he was going to die on Twitch today so I sort of knew it was coming.

I hope I didn't ruin the thing you guys already know happened.

I was a bit bummed they killed Stannis so quickly but I think it was pretty much perfect the way he died. His journey was a symbol for the pursuit of the throne and how it could completely ruin someone. I know there are some real Stannis fans that were really irritated by the last few episodes but I think where they took him makes sense.

Mycella's death was just... I don't know. I guess they wanted to make Dorne actually not matter at all. I liked her and Jaime's moment but... yikes. What a giant time filler this season to result in just a small character moment for Jaime and nothing else.

I think Jon's getting brought back by Melly. She's having a crisis of faith that her god has abandoned her and I think her coming back to Castle Black is so she can learn that Jon was the real avatar of her god the entire time. She'll bring him back although I think it's up in the air if he stays on the Wall or goes somewhere else. He's not wanted there and the Night's Watch are shitbags anyway. I'd argue Jon is too pivotal a character to die.

Anyways the next season needs to consolidate some storylines and start bringing surviving people together. Everyone felt so isolated from one another this season and that's fine, but I really think we need to start moving them back together. Tyrion and Varys getting folded into Dany's is a good start but we probably need Theon and Sansa to meet up with Brienne and Jaime needs to get back to King's Landing and stuff like that. Arya I don't even know. She's probably going to be on her own for a while yet and I have no idea how they're going to bring her back into the main storyline again.

IdrisOllie

Neo Member
I feel like Jon had way too much buildup and was too heavy a cog in the series to get written off like THAT. I'm almost 90% sure he'll be back

I feel like Jon had way too much buildup and was too heavy a cog in the series to get written off like THAT. I'm almost 90% sure he'll be back

This is how I feel. His story had so much build up and for what? The only real thing he's done effectually is let the wildlings in.

I don't feel like this argument can be made for Stannis because that arc is still alive with the red witch AND his falling was an example of what seeking the throne can do to a man.

GAW I'm so tripped out from last night !!!

Just thinking. Varys is going to be a REALLY tough sell to Dany. She'll want him dead. She has no emotional attachment to him, and he was the one that was passing on information to King Robert. Who's going to vouch for him? Tyrion? A guy she barely knows but wants to use. Heck look how close she's come to killing Jorah and she actually has a relationship with him.

Just thinking. Varys is going to be a REALLY tough sell to Dany. She'll want him dead. She has no emotional attachment to him, and he was the one that was passing on information to King Robert. Who's going to vouch for him? Tyrion? A guy she barely knows but wants to use. Heck look how close she's come to killing Jorah and she actually has a relationship with him.

Tyrion already explained to Danny that he believes Varys might be the only reason she's still alive and wasn't butchered as a child. It's a sell, but not THAT tough.

Can someone explain to me the significance of Arya seeing her own face and going blind?

I figured the eye site punishment had more to do with her taking that guys eyes before cutting his throat. Seeing her face might mean she needs to give up her life to become faceless? We already know that though? I have idea lol. Her story is constant riddles.

You really are..truly overreacting. You are jumping to conclusions and creating your own story in your head. Why do you keep jumping on that guy?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

She won't kill him after she sees how well him and Tyrion are at dealing with the city. Results trump all.

Varys and Tyrion working together is the only storyline I care about next season.

MjFrancis

Since Stannis' adventures at the beginning of Episode 10 clearly were not favored by her God, I assume Melisandre used the sacrifice in Episode 9 for Jon Snow's sake rather than for Stannis. The spell will be used to revive him. Who better to fight an army of the dead than zombie Jon Snow?

Or so I hope.

I haven't gone through this thread since the episode aired but I assume I couldn't be the only one supposing this as a possibility.

I've kinda come to assume that 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is alluding to Jon Snow and Daenarys, respectively, so...

I'm going to refuse to believe that Jon is really dead, especially with Melisandre lurking anywhere nearby.

MoxManiac

So pissed. I had ET on in the background and they fucking spoiled the season finale, that I wasn't going to be able to watch until wednesday. Just had to vent.

Raynes

You really are..truly overreacting. You are jumping to conclusions and creating your own story in your head. Why do you keep jumping on that guy?

My discussion about it ended, then he came up again and tried to defend his spoiler again. I'm not jumping on anyone. Seriously, what is with the huge influx of shitposters on this forum trying to sum things up completely inaccurately or accusing others of overreacting in a thread which specializes in discussion for the topic. I'll just stay out this thread, best way to avoid book talk.

Ferrio

Banned
Just finished the first book. If I keep reading will I get more story or are they both matched up now?

Not sure quite what your asking.

In terms of the books the show is caught up I believe. Even so there's *alot* cut out from the books that isn't in the shows. The first season follows the first book really well though

MjFrancis

I've kinda come to assume that 'A Song of Ice and Fire' is alluding to Jon Snow and Daenarys, respectively, so...

I'm going to refuse to believe that Jon is really dead, especially with Melisandre lurking anywhere nearby.
I thought the Ice may be where Bran matters in the end. Still might be, even if fan theories about Jon Snow being brought back to life ring true next season.

If it really is about White Walkers v. Dragons, then we will see the bloodbath continue for next season and the last. Everybody dies!

man fuck this. the more i think about it the more i nerd rage. i hope the white walkers skull fuck ollie and the other dickbag nights watch. then i hope they are raped by the devil in hell for all eternity

My discussion about it ended, then he came up again and tried to defend his spoiler again. I'm not jumping on anyone. Seriously, what is with the huge influx of shitposters on this forum trying to sum things up completely inaccurately or accusing others of overreacting in a thread which specializes in discussion for the topic. I'll just stay out this thread, best way to avoid book talk.

Maybe, just maybe, you are wrong about this particular instance. I saw what the original guy wrote all the way back, and there was just no reason to go crazy about it, imo. Most people in this thread are in the same boat, and he was reflecting how sad he was to know about an incident in the show prior to it happening. He didn't ruin anything, and what's worse, you don't even know the context of how it occurred in the books so you are just jumping to conclusions all over the place.

Ithil

Burning hot dragons eggs also had no effect on her while it created burns on her servant.

Pretty sure Dany is immune to fire.

The eggs were magic. The not being burned by the fire was a once-off magical event. She is absolutely not immune to fire.

Sajjaja

So all this talk on Melisandre and reviving made me look back at the scene where Melisandre meets Thoros of Myr.

She meets Arya and says that Arya will shut 3 sets of eyes (brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes). She also said that she'll meet her again. Could it be related to Arya going blind? Will be QUITE interesting to see how they meet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

So all this talk on Melisandre and reviving made me look back at the scene where Melisandre meets Thoros of Myr.

She meets Arya and says that Arya will shut 3 sets of eyes (brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes). She also said that she'll meet her again. Could it be related to Arya going blind? Will be QUITE interesting to see how they meet.

Does the fat kid she needled count?

Ferrio

Banned

Pretty sure she means the eye's of the people Arya will kill.

Red Hood

Banned
Snow is dead, well i hope the next season he revives like a walker o something like that :(

Would be fucking awesome if he got resurrected as a White Walker and then leads the assault south of the wall, ultimately ending with a final fight against Daenerys and her dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire). Oh shiiiiiiiiiit.

Ted Striker

Neo Member
Would be fucking awesome if he got resurrected as a White Walker and then leads the assault south of the wall, ultimately ending with a final fight against Daenerys and her dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire). Oh shiiiiiiiiiit.

Pretty sure you need to be alive to turn to a WW , else you become a zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom