• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
I feel like a lot of people's TVs are still on the showroom floor "burn in" brightness mode if you're seeing CGI in scenes like that. Looked fine and totally convincing to me. You can freeze frame any scene with special effects, blow out the contrast, and find the CGI. What's the point though?

Curufinwe

I feel like a lot of people's TVs are still on the showroom floor "burn in" brightness mode if you're seeing CGI in scenes like that. Looked fine and totally convincing to me. You can freeze frame any scene with special effects, blow out the contrast, and find the CGI. What's the point though?

People love to complain on the internet.

iNvid02

Who is left to tell?

maybe half of stannis' army who deserted him, it would be crazy if davos overhears it casually in a bar somewhere. they might keep it baking for a long time, but i need to see the onion knight lose it and murder melisandre, she deserves it.

MikeyB

I admit I had to suspend my disbelief a little because I, like you, was thinking the snow's melting. However I envisioned a bank large enough. In my mind it was pretty clear what the cliffhanger was, but I could see how someone might be thinking the fall was it.

A jump from that height into snow that was even two metres deep would generally hurt you. Watch the heights that ski jumpers huck themselves off cliffs into pristine deep powder. They are okay because they keep their momentum going. When they bail, they are potentially in real trouble.

Anyway, yeah, it was shock for the sense of shock. If season 1 was like this, they would have ended it with Dany in the fire rather than with newly-hatched dragons.

Derwind

The show runners obviously credit the audience with enough intelligence to know that jumping on to the snow shown at 1:44 is not going to be fatal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVU0loJqkww

Yeah, but that's on inattentive show watchers, not the showrunners. There are legitimate complaints you can make about the way this season was handled, but that scene was absolutely fine. It wasn't a damn suicide pact, if they wanted to die they could have just waited for Ramsay to come back. Seriously, have you people ever gone skiiing? Enough snow can cushion any fall. Plus we're talking about snow that's been piling up in the shadow of a giant wall for weeks. A few hours of above freezing temps isn't going to make a dent in the feet of snow that's been accumulating there.

They jumped off a fucking castle wall, snow or no snow, thats still a dangerous drop.

Excuse people for not automatically thinking that they survived that, as if they took this long to even attempt it if its such a damn easy drop to walk away from.

I personally think they took the risk knowing that if they did die it'd be far better than whatever Ramsey had in store for the both of them.

>_>

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I also didn't really notice the CGI face but then again, who was looking that closely? I notice it now upon rewatch how obvious it is. Shame it wasn't her but I get why it was done. It was still some good nudity to end the season. I was hoping for Sand Snake titties again. Maybe next season. That girl is damn good looking.

Like just as good looking as Messandei last season. (Not Mellisandre. Dany's handmaiden, not the red queen. Though she's good too. And Dany is still my favorite. Did I even spell those names right?)

What a good cliffhanger. Now the long wait begins. Maybe I should get into True Detective in the meantime and then do a rewatch of seasons 1-5.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I also didn't really notice the CGI face but then again, who was looking that closely? I notice it now upon rewatch how obvious it is. Shame it wasn't her but I get why it was done. It was still some good nudity to end the season. I was hoping for Sand Snake titties again. Maybe next season. That girl is damn good looking.
I sort of realized something looked a little off but figured it was because she was naked and had short hair. Thinking back now, cutting her hair was obviously to make superimposing her head easier.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I sort of realized something looked a little off but figured it was because she was naked and had short hair. Thinking back now, cutting her hair was obviously to make superimposing her head easier.
Heh. Probably. Though she did get a cute new do out of it. Something about short haired women.

If only GRRM could have foreseen her pregnancy and written it into the story. Has there ever been a nude pregnant woman on TV?

Curufinwe

When Cersei was walking all I could think of was her telling Tommen she would burn cities to the ground for him. Well, you had to do something even harder than that to see him again, and even though you've done a lot of despicable things in the past, making it to the Red Keep was worthy of admiration and respect.

Askani

I will laugh out loud if the next season begins with the Watch burning Jon's body.

We'll find out he's part Targaryen. Lord of Light will save him with the funeral fire. He'll become Jon the Unburnt. Longclaw will become the Lightbringer. Believe it. /s

I hope Stannis is dead for good, not because I hate him (though I don't like him either) but because I don't see how his story arc can continue. He has no power or troops left, no allies, Shireen ans Selyse are dead, Davos is away and even Melisandre abandoned him.
He's better off dead.

ASIS

The schtick is getting old real fast. Noone left even remotely worth rooting for, we'll maybe except Tyrion.

If certain characters won't die then the people will complain that the show is only about cheap deaths while the real important characters have plot armor.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Is the CGI confirmed by some source or is it all just "i have seen a few shops in my time" speculation?

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Cersei+cgi+body+double

A side by side comparison...

double-cersei.png

Blader

We'll find out he's part Targaryen. Lord of Light will save him with the funeral fire. He'll become Jon the Unburnt. Longclaw will become the Lightbringer. Believe it. /s
This reminds me, shouldn't Aemon's body not have burned? He was full Targaryen.

scabro

I hope going forward there's either Implied nudity...or none at all. The walk of shame (much like this season's Dany bedroom scene) took me completely out of the moment when it was so obvious that the full frontal shots were CGI. Whatever impact that should have had on me was lost. The movement of the face to the body looked so unnatural. They really just need to let this go. If an actress won't do the nude scene, the shoot some other way where it can be implied without looking so darn fake.

CGI_zps2wre9ufv.jpg

oh wow

i swear to god i didn't notice this AT ALL while i was watching

if there was ever a scene to use updated mama soprano tech, it was this one

jon got stabbed 6 times, he'll be back for season 6

also the look on davos' face when he learns of shireen's death, retribution will be strong and sharp like the taste of an onion

OeVkjmo.jpg

I don't think he has the power to kill Melisandre
CGI cersi walking down that street provided so many potential funny gifs.

that guy who gets his nob out and shouts to ask for his lannister cock to be sucked.

that guy who goes right in her face and says FUCK OFF

and that guy who spits on her face.

"CUNT"

I almost died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom