• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLEEK

Looks more like a trim. It's likely similar length by now. (That was January-ish) Unless there was a more recent hair "cut"?

Could all be a work to surprise us, but they should know we are not fools.

Oh, Blader was on about his trim in January?

This was Kit on Graham Norton last month. He locks are well on the way back to normal Jon Snow length.

tumblr_nnnbm9Xcsb1r9fp64o1_400.png

Faenix1

Oh, Blader was on about his trim in January?

This was Kit on Graham Norton last month. He locks are well on the way back to normal Jon Snow length.

tumblr_nnnbm9Xcsb1r9fp64o1_400.png

Not sure. I tried to google but found nothing to indicate he actually got his hair cut.

Got some crap with him in an interview where he said he was "done", ect. but I don't buy that he's actually dead.

Chichikov

Man, I think ya'll are catching to much feels over a show that has a dragon called Drogon.
Like, I'm not actually telling you how to watch the show, but I seriously think you'll enjoy it more if you just accept it as a trashy pulp where bad things happen to terrible people.
It's like real housewives but with dragons.

Cipherr

🔔 SHAME 🔔 SHAME 🔔 SHAME 🔔 SHAME 🔔 SHAME 🔔

Spam everywhere in Twitch chat last few days. /dead

KevinRo

Fucking shit. Going to have to put all my eggs in one basket now and root for Team Danny. Seriously, if she fucking dies I'm done with this fucking show. I've read up to the mid part of book 4 and there is still just enough that wasn't in the show to keep me going but if fucking Khaleesi dies I'm done. I"M DONE

*edit*

STILL FURIOUS. WHY DOT HEY ALL FUCKING DIE?/???

Speevy

Banned
Fucking shit. Going to have to put all my eggs in one basket now and root for Team Danny. Seriously, if she fucking dies I'm done with this fucking show. I've read up to the mid part of book 4 and there is still just enough that wasn't in the show to keep me going but if fucking Khaleesi dies I'm done. I"M DONE

*edit*

tumblr_mgxr40UJUb1rq41c0o1_250.gif

So broken spine worg Stark boy didn't have a single episode this season. I assume they pick that thread up next time.

I'm assuming high sparrow and the rest of them are murdered big time start of next season.

Nerokis

Jon has to live.

Melisandre put all her eggs in the Stannis basket, and ended up being proven wrong. She arrived to Castle Black looking pensive, almost broken. And it so happens this other person she thought was special somehow is lying dead somewhere in her proximity.

Luckily, it also so happens in season 2 or 3 it was shown people like her have the capacity to revive the dead. When will that ever be relevant? Why not now? It will never make more sense for that power to be used again.

Jon has spent a ridiculous amount of time at Castle Black. He's accomplished much there, but it's time to move on. His "death" is just a very dramatic excuse to cut him loose from the Night's Watch, and begin the adventures of Jon and Melisandre.

I can't wait for the next season.

UrbanRats

Assuming Jon gets revived, like heavily implied by the Red Witch being back at Castle Black, only Stannis really died, folks.
And as much of a Stannis supporter as i was, he had it coming (not because of his daughter, but because he made nothing but bad decisions, since he was on screen).

*edit*

Valar Morghulis.

Summoner

*edit*

Valar Morghulis

Edit: Beaten.

How does Davos not just kill Melisandre where she stands after finding out all that grim shit?

She fucking had Stannis BURN his daughter to a crisp!!
Davos hasn't found out yet. Both Jon and Davos ask about Stannis and Shireen but Melisandre doesn't answer. But when Davos does Melisandre is finished.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Finished the season last night.

God

damn.

Everything is slowly moving into place. Stannis is taken off the board, that overhead shot of the Bolton army just crushing into whatever remained of the Flaming Heart forces was a sight to behold. Quite a nice touch to show the rear troops breaking formation and trying to bail out.

Jon's execution was so well done, it was a long time coming.

I felt Sansa's timing of burning the candle so Podrick and Brienne wouldn't see it a little too predictable, but then again, any scenario would be cliché.

And Arya, fucking Arya, that scene gave me the shivers. It was unsettling as all hell.

McFadge

Not sure if it counts as book spoilers or whatever, but is somebody able to say how close the books and show are now? Preferably in regards to the various characters. A PM would be appreciated if it is considered book spoilers.

I want to dive into the book thread to read up about all the controversy this season, but don't want to get spoiled on other stuff. If it's a character I don't really care about, I don't mind too much though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
is it now possible to actually have book spoilers?

could we discuss the differences between the book and TV in here now that the point in time is the same?

I was really surprised, but not unhappy that they skipped the shit book.

Alpende

is it now possible to actually have book spoilers?

could we discuss the differences between the book and TV in here now that the point in time is the same?

I was really surprised, but not unhappy that they skipped the shit book.

I hope not. I'm still reading the books and I'd like to read about the differences myself instead of on a forum.

MikeyB

Man, I think ya'll are catching to much feels over a show that has a dragon called Drogon.
Like, I'm not actually telling you how to watch the show, but I seriously think you'll enjoy it more if you just accept it as a trashy pulp where bad things happen to terrible people.
It's like real housewives but with dragons.

Totally fair. That said, when Im watching pulp, I like it better at the True Detective and House of Cards end of the pulp spectrum rather than the Days of Our Lives and True Blood end. I think earlier seasons were at the former and the last was at the latter.

So. Why was Melisandre wrong the whole time? Are there any rules to the whole one true god thing? I thought it was almost clear that he actually is law in this world, but it just seems like a bunch of horseshit now.

So. Why was Melisandre wrong the whole time? Are there any rules to the whole one true god thing? I thought it was almost clear that he actually is law in this world, but it just seems like a bunch of horseshit now.

Her visions were kind of vague. If I recall, she saw herself standing on the ramparts of Winterfell and she saw the Boltons' banner burning. There's no telling when those events are going to actually take place. Also, none of them seem to involve Stannis specifically.

pringles

Arya was doing okay so she goes blind. Jon was becoming a great character and probably my favorite in the show, so of course a bunch of cowards backstab him. That's about it for the good guys in the show, it's officially over.

I don't even know about Season 6 at this point.. yay for some boring Daenerys plot, Cersei getting revenge on everyone using Hulk-Mountain and the Boltons having everything go their way again.

Honestly I think Stannis probably didn't die either, the fucker. Since they didn't show it I assume someone killed Brienne just as she was swinging. That would make sense considering Brienne's also kind of a cool character and we can't have too many of those.

If Stannis and Jon are both dead and not coming back (which to me would be STUPID after having that "stare down" moment between Jon and the White Walker king...what a fucking waste), they're really going to have to shift towards people from the east saving the west. If they keep killing off potential heroes, they have to narrow it down and wrap the story up, yes? Or will everyone just die by the end and White Walkers rule forever?

NEO0MJ

Arya was doing okay so she goes blind.

Arya betrayed the servants of the many faced god. She refused to throw away her past, disobeyed her commands, and used their tools to accomplish her own selfish goals. That something bad would happen to her was very likely. I'm surprised they even let her kill that man.

pringles

When has things ever not gone their way?
Exactly, that's what I meant. Smooth sailing for them. Like no one cares about them and all of a sudden they're a big power. How did they even get that huge army with all those horses?
I thought Littlefinger may have had some plan that could mess things up for them, but no. He had no idea what he was doing.

Arya betrayed the servants of the many faced god. She refused to throw away her past, disobeyed her commands, and used their tools to accomplish her own selfish goals. That something bad would happen to her was very likely. I'm surprised they even let her kill that man.
The man she killed was much more deserving of death than the one they wanted her to kill. The many faced god is an asshole.

Btw, I'm pretty sure Pod stopped Brienne from killing Stannis off-screen. With all his knowledge of the houses and whatnot, he'll probably make a compelling case why Stannis should be alive against the Boltons. Something like that. What do you think?

Pooya

Jon is so not dead, probably missing on next season though but yeah you don't bring Melisandre back to castle then do nothing with it... immortal fire Jon coming in...

I hope Olly dies really badly though, piece of stupid shit!!!!!!

NEO0MJ

The man she killed was much more deserving of death than the one they wanted her to kill. The many faced god is an asshole.

That's not the point. She went to them supposedly wanting to become a faceless one. If she doesn't want to follow the way they work she should have left and performed the assassination on her own. It was all probably a test to see how devoted she was to them, one which she failed.

Camwi

That's not the point. She went to them supposedly wanting to become a faceless one. If she doesn't want to follow the way they work she should have left and performed the assassination on her own. It was all probably a test to see how devoted she was to them, one which she failed.

She named herself while killing him, too. :/

I'm pretty sure someone ends up stopping Brienne from killing Stannis. I noticed that right before she started her Renly speech, he kept looking behind her as if someone was there.

raphier

Banned
Arya was doing okay so she goes blind. Jon was becoming a great character and probably my favorite in the show, so of course a bunch of cowards backstab him. That's about it for the good guys in the show, it's officially over.

I don't even know about Season 6 at this point.. yay for some boring Daenerys plot, Cersei getting revenge on everyone using Hulk-Mountain and the Boltons having everything go their way again.

Honestly I think Stannis probably didn't die either, the fucker. Since they didn't show it I assume someone killed Brienne just as she was swinging. That would make sense considering Brienne's also kind of a cool character and we can't have too many of those.
You just don't hide a dagger under the stones if the character has no future. I think Arya as blind assassin is pretty cool, maybe that's what they're going for.

Come to think of it, they also changed her list and made it shorter. Arya had more names on it during Season 3-4. I think she'll succeed.

Carbonox

I'm ready for the White Walkers to white walk their asses into Castle Black and kill every motherfucker left there.

Yeah, the Night's Watch has no role now that the Wildlings are on the other side and all that's left are the White Walkers in the north. I'm happy for the Night's Watch to get nuked out of existence now (though Davos and dare I say Melisandre must leave with Jon's corpse first ;))

Curufinwe

We're talking about Jon coming back to life as a real possibility. Arya's magical blindness only being temporary is at least as likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom