• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

The show is nearing reach the point where I find the populace of Westeros or whatever so despicable that I don't give a shit what happens to them. I understand this is drama but... there's almost no one to care about.

She pissed off the wrong god.

My guess is cause she stabbed the dudes eyes out she lost hers.

"The faces are for no one. You are someone and for someone the faces are as good as poison."

Apparently you can't use someone else's face , if you still retain your personality. You must disavow yourself and become no one to do that. Breaking that rule has dire consequences.
Yeah I get that, I just don't get the whole Jaqen died but didn't and then she saw herself and then her eyes burned out

Ferrio

Banned
I hope these events permanently affects Cersei, and start to change her character from the conniving bitch to someone with a bit more humility.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Theory about what happened to Jaqen.

We've been lead to believe that the Jaqen we saw in season 2 is the same one that has been training Arya this season but I think there really isn't a Jaqen. She just met Face-less Men #544 and the Jaqen she has been seeing this season is Face-less Men #545.

Like they once told her, "A man is not Jaqen H'ghar" and last night they told her that man was not her friend. In other words, that man was not the original Face-less Men she met in season 2.

To truly become a Face-less Men, you need to become no one. They are not individuals, they are just Face-less Men.

[edit]

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4giJ2ZWuvQA

Yeah I get that, I just don't get the whole Jaqen died but didn't and then she saw herself and then her eyes burned out

its-magic-i-aint-gott61j4q.jpg

Kingsblood, how does it work? I have no idea.

mandiller

Did anybody notice Cersei's face was CG'd on that body?

FYI, I don't know if this was mentioned earlier but Lena Headey was pregnant in real life when they needed to film the walk of shame. So it's her head on top and a double's body for the rest of it. They did a good job on it considering.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think the Faceless God taking her eyesight is pretty straight forward.

She took someone's eyesight and then their life so now the Faceless God wants that in returned. One of the Faceless Men gave up his life but the Faceless God was still owed someone's eyesight so he took hers.

If you would have told me beforehand that this week's episode would shock me more than lasts week's episode I wouldn't have believed you. This fucking show.

And what the fuck at the young girls whipping/spanking scene. How the fuck is that even allowed on TV? American TV especially. That was really uncomfortable to watch for me. Even more so than his scene last week. I don't get offended or uncomfortable from anything, ever, but that we really didn't need to see that.

We've been lead to believe that the Jaqen we saw in season 2 is the same one that has been training Arya this season but I think there really isn't a Jaqen. She just met Face-less Men #544 and the Jaqen she has been seeing this season is Face-less Men #545.

Like they once told her, "A man is not Jaqen H'ghar" and last night they told her that man was not her friend. In other words, that man was not the original Face-less Men she met in season 2.

To truly become a Face-less Men, you need to become no one. They are not individuals, they are just Face-less Men.

[edit]

I think it's the same person or being, he's just a bit more mystical than your average man.

Haunted

Show that he died. Give the "do your duty response" more weight. Have him claim that he is the true king. Have him say something about his faith given how much he sacrificed for it. Have him break and weep for his sins. Have something.

Less consequential characters have had more meaningful deaths.

Have Brienne's reaction now that she has fulfilled an oath to a man she loved.

Something.
Stannis the Mannis is a fucking hardass, he doesn't have to justify himself to Brienne. He's lost his army, his wife, his daughter in pursuit of the throne and it all fell apart.

He has nothing left. He has nothing left to say.

I do wonder that they cut away after placing so much importance on unubiquitously showing main character's deaths.

[edit]

Yup. "Jaqen" is just one of the thousands of faces on the pillars. Don't be so hung up on "Jaqen" as a person, just because that particular faceless men is played by a single actor in the show (well, he's been played by several, but people still associate him with Jaqen primarily).

In fact, it's quite possible that the "Jaqen" we've seen throughout this season training Arya was, in fact, several different faceless men.

Next season: Cersei having motherfuckers killed.

And fuck Castle Black at this point. Everyone left is a tool, including that sniveling, little shit Ollie. I never liked him and like him less now.

witness

The show is nearing reach the point where I find the populace of Westeros or whatever so despicable that I don't give a shit what happens to them. I understand this is drama but... there's almost no one to care about.

Pretty much. Honestly that world would be better off just having the white walkers take over. Theres nothing but a horrible humanity.

Chichikov

I thought this was an interesting article and thought this quote really summed up what a lot of people seem to be feeling lately:

particularly for the fact that any time somebody is like "Okay, this shit is going overboard" people here always post that stupid Ramsey gif. Showing Ramsey being fucked up over and over and over really isn't story telling. That's part of the problem with this season.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/game-of-thrones-needs-to-put-us-out-of-its-misery-1711317572

I’ll tell you who really sucks: the Unsullied. The Unsullied are the Atlanta Hawks of Game of Thrones: nameless, cheerless drones with no sex appeal in an alarmingly visceral sense who’re nonetheless tirelessly hailed for their grittiness and adherence to fundamentals and team-first attitude, at least until they all get iced in a back alley by a ragtag troupe of Katy Perry backup dancers.​

mdL3nXC.gif

Onemic

I think Snow will be revived by that lady, just like that other dude that got revived in season 2 after getting his head split in 2.

RDreamer

I think it's the same person or being, he's just a bit more mystical than your average man.

I think Jaqen is just one of the faces the faceless men can wear. He's not the same person. He's not a person at all. He's no one. I'm not sure how they can spell this out more than they have to people. That was what the reveal last night was all about, revealing even moreso to Arya that he's not the same guy. He is no one.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I took Aryas punishment as the many face God telling Arya that she has to become no one. Meaning no revenge for her. Which makes me wonder what the hell her point is now.

I thought this was an interesting article and thought this quote really summed up what a lot of people seem to be feeling lately:

particularly for the fact that any time somebody is like "Okay, this shit is going overboard" people here always post that stupid Ramsey gif. Showing Ramsey being fucked up over and over and over really isn't story telling. That's part of the problem with this season.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/game-of-thrones-needs-to-put-us-out-of-its-misery-1711317572

Yeah this part annoyed me

Likewise, should we tilt the moral scales toward Arya a li’l bit more by having her sneering adversary whip a couple underage girls first?

Of course they had to make him the most vile scum in the whole universe just to make Arya's murder seem slightly more justified. He couldn't just be a Kings Guard doing his job, nope, he has to be a perverted sicko too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah this part annoyed me

Of course they had to make him the most vile scum in the whole universe just to make Arya's murder seem slightly more justified. He couldn't just be a Kings Guard doing his job, nope, he has to be a perverted sicko too.

Well, it could have been worse. We should be glad they saw the line and didn't pass it.

FYI, I don't know if this was mentioned earlier but Lena Headey was pregnant in real life when they needed to film the walk of shame. So it's her head on top and a double's body for the rest of it. They did a good job on it considering.

Actually I picked up on it almost immediately. It looked off. Side by side stills...

double-cersei.png

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So does this mean Littlefinger's little scheme involving Sansa was shortsighted/stupid?

nobody knows what his scheme even is. dude on a different level. I'm sure he's expericed some set backs but he'll find a way to use them to his advantage.

Does anyone know how long Cersei was supposed to be locked up ?
She gonna burn the whole city down and I'm gonna love every minute of it.

Red Hood

Banned
I was shocked when I learned this scene form The Sopranos was digitally done, it looked odd in the show but I never guessed it was digital.

Same here, I didn't even notice, lol. And now I can unsee it.

Sooooooooo Stannis is alive, right? :D

I think so yes, definitely. I think Brienne realises they have a common enemy now in Roose Bolton, and she still wants to find Sansa. No way they'd kill Stannis off-screen.

I think so yes, definitely. I think Brienne realises they have a common enemy now in Roose Bolton, and she still wants to find Sansa. No way they'd kill Stannis off-screen.

Now that would be interesting as hell if Brienne and Stannis teamed up.

Yesterday someone made a good point that she didn't kill him because he said, do your duty, and it made her realize that her duty was no longer to Renly but to protect Sansa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom