• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with this fucking show. Regarding Jon Snow - it's bad writing if he's dead and it's bad writing if they resurrect him.

exit-sign.jpg

RDreamer

I'm done with this fucking show. Regarding Jon Snow - it's bad writing if he's dead and it's bad writing if they resurrect him.

It's actually better writing if he's resurrected. They've been showing resurrection stuff for a while now, and hinting at it. If it only ever happened to throw away characters and never to anyone important in any important way, that'd be really bad writing.

So now that Cersei is back home is she just going to say fuck it and demand her guards and that new big white guy just kill all those faith guys and reject a trial?

It's actually better writing if he's resurrected. They've been showing resurrection stuff for a while now, and hinting at it. If it only ever happened to throw away characters and never to anyone important in any important way, that'd be really bad writing.

Good point.

Regarding cersei. Since she was never rescued, are we to assume the religious wackos outnumber the lannisters enough that they've lost their power over the landing anyway?

Regarding cersei. Since she was never rescued, are we to assume the religious wackos outnumber the lannisters enough that they've lost their power over the landing anyway?

Tommen was just being useless per usual. He was apparently too distraught to give the order.

Tommen, Ollie, and those baby zambamboes. Not a good season for likeable child characters. Especially for the two sweet little girls that died literally for nothing.

Prine

Banned
Fuck this show. No one left to cheer for, they're all either non entities (Arya, Sansa, Bran) or awful people.

Not interested in the rest, my favourite (along with Ned, Robb, Oberyn) have been taken out. The Nights Watch is pretty much dead as far as story go. Im pretty sure the audience want the WW to take all into the ground with them. Big characters are pretty much gone.

The last episode was shit.

rofl, this is getting ridiculous now

We've been given plenty of warning that the people of Castle Black think he's fucking nuts for doing the shit he's doing.

You can't scream "BAD WRITING" every time something happens that you don't like, that's not how things work.

What the fuck.

Now this is a legit issue. They could have easily showed Stannis get the axe, yet they wanted to be clever with a quick cut transition and confused fans.

That's poor writing.

Prine

Banned
#TeamBran

The one true king in the north.

Once he returns, that is.

Returns and does what? Get into a notable position and then get killed off before doing anything with it? It'll amount to nothing. Like Stannis, Renly, Robb, Ned, Jon Snow, Oberyn, Tywin - Its lazy unfulfilling writing by GRRM and co. This show isnt worth a rewatch as their no conclusion. Bullshit.

Returns and does what? Get into a notable position and then get killed off before doing anything with it? It'll amount to nothing. Like Stannis, Renly, Robb, Ned, Jon Snow, Oberyn, Tywin - Its lazy unfulfilling writing by GRRM and co. This show isnt worth a rewatch as their no conclusion. Bullshit.

rofl, dear god.

If we're going to talk story line and purpose, Jon gave Sam the info that Valyerian Steel works just like Dragon Glass, Jon gave Sam the info on the size of the Army of the Dead and Jon got Wildlings over The Wall.

A good portion of the characters you listed served a great purpose in moving along the story before they died, you're acting like because they died everything they did was for nothing and it was all pointless.

That's what HBO WANTS you to believe!

But seriously, what a tragic outcome for the entire tragic Baratheon siblings story. Stannis survived a catastrophic siege during Robert's Rebellion, and protected his city like a true hero. He was really the rightful heir after Robert died and Ned believed that as well. Renly did not have the right as he was young and the succession fell on Stannis. He was done fucked the moment he entangled with the red priestess and stopped heeding Ser Davos' counsel. She filled his head with visions (delusions) of grandeur all the while stroking his ego.

In the end, his greed for the throne destroyed him. He should have headed back after Ramsay's night raid instead of doubling down. His family was killed, army destroyed, and no more pretension left. I think Stannis was a tragic character in the end, and I kinda do think that Brienne did slay him. It was just handled with more dignity than Ned's death.

Overdoziz

Banned
rofl, dear god.

If we're going to talk story line and purpose, Jon gave Sam the info that Valyerian Steel works just like Dragon Glass, Jon gave Sam the info on the size of the Army of the Dead and Jon got Wildlings over The Wall.

A good portion of the characters you listed served a great purpose in moving along the story before they died, you're acting like because they died everything they did was for nothing and it was all pointless.
Nah man, they should all sit on the throne together at the end.

Well it was quite evident early on that it's a throne not worth sitting on. It's just a game of survival at this point. I'd move to Dorne. My man Bashir will protect everyone.

Faenix1

I didnt know until this episode that that was winterfell. Geez I must be an idiot. lol

Melisandre conveniently coming back when she did is a clear giveaway at what's going to happen.

turtle553

I didnt know until this episode that that was winterfell. Geez I must be an idiot. lol

Melisandre conveniently coming back when she did is a clear giveaway at what's going to happen.

I bet Jon Snow makes a cameo first episode with her praying over him and him staying dead because she is useless. People will see him listed on IMDB and assume he comes back. Glorious trolling. Just like Tywin in the S5 premiere.

Faenix1

I bet Jon Snow makes a cameo first episode with her praying over him and him staying dead because she is useless. People will see him listed on IMDB and assume he comes back. Glorious trolling. Just like Tywin in the S5 premiere.

It will probably appear to fail until some episodes later. Usual tv/movie/game trope.

Her sudden re-appearance at castle black is just too convenient for what we think will happen not to happen. Surely there would be closer places she could run too? (I dont know the GoT landscape lol)

Ferrio

Banned
It will probably appear to fail until some episodes later. Usual tv/movie/game trope.

Her sudden re-appearance at castle black is just too convenient for what we think will happen not to happen. Surely there would be closer places she could run too? (I dont know the GoT landscape lol)

Ya I don't expect it to be a very clean resurrection.

Faenix1

Going into next season is going to be interesting, assuming Snow stays dead.

At this point every one I like is dead, leaving just my mild interest in Jaime and Tyrion all that will keep me interested. Hopefully Bran has some interesting stuff coming, cause he's the only person doing anything noteworthy. (Too bad it's all fairly boring, like the Essos stuff.)

CLEEK

Over the entirely of GotT so far, Jon's death is the only one to raise a 'meh' from my wife and I. Only because it seems all too obvious that he'll come back. Melisandre fleeing Stannis when she realised he's not the one and running to Jon. Plus she's got that 'raise from the dead' fire god magic in her back pocket.

Plus, Kit Harrington was on Graham Norton last month, and .. (spoiler maybe)
when asked about working on GoT, he said he has to do other work around his GoT commitments, and that Game Of Thrones 'own him', which is the reason he can't get his hair cut. So unless he is having a cameo at the start of next season showing him being burned, it's pretty clear he'll be back for season 6.

Blader

Over the entirely of GotT so far, Jon's death is the only one to raise a 'meh' from my wife and I. Only because it seems all too obvious that he'll come back. Melisandre fleeing Stannis when she realised he's not the one and running to Jon. Plus she's got that 'raise from the dead' fire god magic in her back pocket.

Plus, Kit Harrington was on Graham Norton last month, and .. (spoiler maybe)
when asked about working on GoT, he said he has to do other work around his GoT commitments, and that Game Of Thrones 'own him', which is the reason he can't get his hair cut. So unless he is having a cameo at the start of next season showing him being burned, it's pretty clear he'll be back for season 6.

Well he just cut his fair, so...

Just watched the episode. Fuck this show... I can't handle much more of this. The characters to root for are down to like 2? 3? Can this family get shit on any harder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom