• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Ahahahahaha @ the cgi on the walk scene. So bad.

Also, what a disappointing finale. Caps off a disappointing season.

Did they kill him off because he's in movies or something? I'm sure his death was different in the book?

We don't compare to the books in here.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
aBrRzxD_460s_v4.jpg
This is amazing.

Finally saw the episode. Meant to do it yesterday but there's been so much E3 stuff.

I predicted so many episodes ago that both Stannis and Jon would die, and here we are. Over-all imo it was a disappointing finale. And then the lack of attention to detail. Stannis losing half of his army without even noticing, the awkward cut to Stannis standing alone with dead bodies everywhere after the battle, the disappointment of Brienne which didn't even live up to any fan theory, the build-up of Melissandre and how it led to fucking nothing, etc. etc.

Welp. I hope next season will be better but there are barely any characters left, lol. I want to see what Tommen is like now and see if Cersei goes mad and starts slaughtering people. No way she's going to leave the religious nuts alone. And I hope that we haven't seen the last of Margaery Tyrell. On top of that, we haven't seen Littlefinger in a while; will be disappointed if his master plan falls short.

rezuth

I think Jon Snow is dead but I also think he won't be for long. There is a reason she was riding to the wall and it's not because she randomly decided to abandon Stannis

One of the pictures you showed was of a woman who died moments before. Why would you expect her to be all decomposed?

You should probably read why I posted those pictures in the first place.

It was in regards to the what RagnCajun said. See below.

Really? I know they have sunken faces and heavily creased skin, but they always appear to be in one piece. I've never seen a WW with missing parts or anything.

Which was brought up because I said that it's impossible to know if WW were living or dead before turning into WW.

Uh, why? The current five books have been out for years now.

All that information is readily available should you wish to seek it.
True, but you know the day that this launches the internet is going to be exploding with spoilers. You won't be able to go anywhere without hearing about it.

Meh, I'm just pessimistic about the situation, that's all.

Ovid

I'm feeling very confident that Jon is coming back.

Melisandre (priestess) meeting Thoros (priest) of Myr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

Here is Thores of Myr talking about the Light of Light in the GoT Lore: https://youtu.be/es3VVgFq9nQ?t=37m15s

What if Fire and Ice doesn't mean Dragons and WW. What if it meant The Lord of Light vs. The Lord of Darkness?

I really think the Lord of Light is good but Melisandre misinterpreted what she saw in the flames.

bengraven

Hey guys.

Wanna read the books? Some of you have asked me whether in the re-read thread or through PMs about doing a companion "first time reading" of the books thread.

So just FYI, I'm working on that right now. We'll be reading about 1-2 chapters a day. Sit back and join us! At least check out how different Game is to the first season!

I'll link it here when I'm done.

Cyan

Banned
Hey guys.

Wanna read the books? Some of you have asked me whether in the re-read thread or through PMs about doing a companion "first time reading" of the books thread.

So just FYI, I'm working on that right now. We'll be reading about 1-2 chapters a day. Sit back and join us! At least check out how different Game is to the first season!

Rockin.

Hey guys.

Very cool.

a916

I'm feeling very confident that Jon is coming back.

Melisandre (priestess) meeting Thoros (priest) of Myr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2MGg_8TF9g

Here is Thores of Myr talking about the Light of Light in the GoT Lore: https://youtu.be/es3VVgFq9nQ?t=37m15s

What if Fire and Ice doesn't mean Dragons and WW. What if it meant The Lord of Light vs. The Lord of Darkness?

I really think the Lord of Light is good but Melisandre misinterpreted what she saw in the flames.

What if Melisandre's premonitions are just a red herring?

Blader

Melisandre had a vision of the Boltons burning some old dirty banners just in time to hang up fresh new ones over Winterfell!

Curufinwe

Uh, why? The current five books have been out for years now.

All that information is readily available should you wish to seek it.

Yeah, I didn't get spoiled on something bad happening to Jon Snow till Sunday afternoon when a news website had a "Leaked GoT video shocks fans" headline with this picture below it. Thanks a lot, Stuff.co.nz. You couldn't have used some other picture, really?

1434423926530.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ahahahahaha @ the cgi on the walk scene. So bad.

Also, what a disappointing finale. Caps off a disappointing season.

Did they kill him off because he's in movies or something? I'm sure his death was different in the book?

I actually thought the CGI was pretty good. I could tell, but I thought they did a good job.

What if Melisandre's premonitions are just a red herring?

That's why I think she's actually serving the God of Darkness, and not the Lord of Light like she thinks. Her visions and premonitions might be spot on but from the perspective of the White Walkers. She doesn't feel cold, she gave birth to a shadow demon, which in retrospect seems ridiculous considering the Lord of Light represents fire, life, joy and God of Darkness is cold, fear and evil. Creating a shadow to kill Renly who seemed to be a good man doesn't seem like something the Lord of Light would do. Stannis lost his attack on King's Landing because of fire, the exact same thing that she promotes to be good.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I didn't get spoiled on something bad happening to Jon Snow till Sunday afternoon when a news website had a "Leaked GoT video shocks fans" headline with this picture below it. Thanks a lot, Stuff.co.nz. You couldn't have used some other picture, really?

1434423926530.jpg

Ha i got spoiled jon's death a week ago via twitch chat, like two weeks ago they were spoiling that stuff and i thought it was a joke, oh well whatever. That part wasn't even the strongest part of the episode for me.

K1LLER7

That ending :O

Don't think that's it for
Jon
though. I remember the scene with Beric Dondarrion being resurrected (season 3 iirc). Lord of the light was mentioned then too. Maybe Meli coming back at the end was so she can pull off something similar.

Prine

Banned
I think Jon Snow is dead but I also think he won't be for long. There is a reason she was riding to the wall and it's not because she randomly decided to abandon Stannis

Indeed. Jon isn't dead he's been parked. Stannis daughter sacrifice was for Jon, and the Red Witch will learn of this next season IMO. She's there for a reason its no coincidence.

With Jon out of the picture it allows the WW to reign hell on the Wall and topple the NW but Jon will not be there to stop them or get killed by them. I remember now something Sam says, and its of great significance. "I've always known Jon to come back, he always comes back". He'll be back, Kit and the makers are being coy, in a sense they're not outright saying Kit will never return to GoT, which probably means yes, Jon is dead, but Kit will return as something else with the Red Witch. I expect him to really tear shit up. The WW generals are already weary of him, hes too big of a character.

Stannis being dead also means the WW are free to pulverise the Bolton's too. More I think about it, season 6 is sounding much better.

Ned, Rob were decapitated, theres no coming back, that's not the case with Jon. Especially when we've seen people returning in this universe, the mountain being the most recent.

YaGaMi

They've killed off majority of the interesting characters over the past couple of seasons and kept the boring story arcs. Not sure where the shows heading in the next couple of seasons and if "Winter is Coming" there's no one that we care for over the course of the series to witness it.

Really did believe Jon Snow would be the one to take on the White Walkers. Maybe he will be resurrected by Mellisandre via Fire to take on White Walkers (Ice).

Ovid

That's why I think she's actually serving the God of Darkness, and not the Lord of Light like she thinks. Her visions and premonitions might be spot on but from the perspective of the White Walkers. She doesn't feel cold, she gave birth to a shadow demon, which in retrospect seems ridiculous considering the Lord of Light represents fire, life, joy and God of Darkness is cold, fear and evil. Creating a shadow to kill Renly who seemed to be a good man doesn't seem like something the Lord of Light would do. Stannis lost his attack on King's Landing because of fire, the exact same thing that she promotes to be good.

Okay, so how would you explain Thoros of Myr? He has to be good, right?

I'm mean they worship the same god.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Have to echo some of the sentiments about the state of the plot right now and its characters. The only character left that's there to root for that is able to actually effect the world is Dany and she finally was able to control her dragons but then she gets captured.

It's my favorite show or of course I will watch season 6 but each season finale left off with the promise of some new amazing plotlines. Most of the endings here felt like the regressed the plot rather than advanced it..

If Jon truly is dead than hopefully whatever Brann is doing is pretty amazing or Dany doesn't waste a whole season being captured.

Okay, so how would you explain Thoros of Myr? He has to be good, right?

I'm mean they worship the same god.

I know they do that's why I said she's not aware of which God she's serving, I have a more detailed explanation a couple pages back but R'hllor seems like a good God 40 seconds in.

But everything that's happened through her has had nothing but a negative impact. They were even defeated by fire at Blackwater, in hindsight that's pretty weird considering their God is the God of flame. The only thing that probably could have saved Stannis from his demise was Shireen because she was truly an extremely kind heart. Yet she was killed by fire. The smoke demon, that is not love, life and joy, it's darkness and fear just as she explains in the video.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I know they do that's why I said she's not aware of which God she's serving, I have a more detailed explanation a couple pages back but R'hllor seems like a good God 40 seconds in.

But everything that's happened through her has had nothing but a negative impact. They were even defeated by fire at Blackwater, in hindsight that's pretty weird considering their God is the God of flame. The only thing that probably could have saved Stannis from his demise was Shireen because she was truly an extremely kind heart. Yet she was killed by fire. The smoke demon, that is not love, life and joy, it's darkness and fear just as she explains in the video.

Wasn't she left behind for the battle of Blackwater, even though she said to bring her? Than after that blamed the failing on not being listened to, this why Stanis listens to her completely now?

Wasn't she left behind for the battle of Blackwater, even though she said to bring her? Than after that blamed the failing on not being listened to, this why Stanis listens to her completely now?

Yeah, and so he brought her to Winterfell and everything there went to hell with even greater sacrifices. The whole thing brought nothing but death to a lot of people and a lot of good people, yet the Bolton's who are scum succeeded without much effort. Renly also seemed like a good person, a kind person with a big army yet he was killed as well. The one man would could have gathered a massive army to help fight the WW, Mance, was also killed.

Ovid

But she convinced Stannis to lead his army to The Wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuSjW_aTPtY&list=LLdBbwGZk4Rovkb7o-I_qPAQ&index=1

She doesn't know what's exactly going to happen because the Lord of Light only gives her glimpses.

So was this season the season with the least amount of nudity? Maybe it's my memory but the only genuine female nudity from a major character was Mel. I'd like to think it was just coincidence but then we get a seen in a brothel, where every girl was clothed. It's a brothel! It seems like they're intentionally steering away from it.

So was this season the season with the least amount of nudity? Maybe it's my memory but the only genuine female nudity from a major character was Mel. I'd like to think it was just coincidence but then we get a seen in a brothel, where every girl was clothed. It's a brothel! It seems like they're intentionally steering away from it.

Loras and his bf were nekkid too. But maybe not major character level.... I donno... there were tits in Dorne.

Is it important?

:x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom