• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I have a very hard time believing that Jon's murder could have gone off with both Ghost and Jon's mates not knowing something was up. Don't they sentries around the castle?

Future

I have a very hard time believing that Jon's murder could have gone off with both Ghost and Jon's mates not knowing something was up. Don't they sentries around the castle?

How would they know? The second Jon had reason to suspect anything he was stabbed

You are in the denial stage :)

televator

Meli saves Jon. Theres no use for her otherwise, there was a lot of build up between him and her and the Lord of light arch is left dangling like a bad piece of writing.

Im calling that next season is when magic gets turned up to 11. Jon resurected as the true lord, the zombie Mountain goes on a killing spree per Cersei, Bran unleashes his power, and Arya... ah... becomes Dare Devil? White walkers, Dragons, action!

All you people whining about magic, go suck eggs.

demolitio

Meli saves Jon. Theres no use for her otherwise, there was a lot of build up between him and her and the Lord of light arch is left dangling like a bad piece of writing.

Im calling that next season is when magic gets turned up to 11. Jon resurected as the true lord, the zombie Mountain goes on a killing spree per Cersei, Bran unleashes his power, and Arya... ah... becomes Dare Devil? White walkers, Dragons, action!

All you people whining about magic, go suck eggs.

Not sure how anyone could complain about magic since that's been the end game for quite some time. I love both the political intrigue and the magic. This show did a better job of giving people other reasons to be interested in it before getting too crazy with the magic since I know some people that hated LOTR for its magic and nerd stigma but love this.

Bran being back next season automatically takes the magic level up. Can't wait to see what he's learned and if he's got a lot of cool moves from training during this past season's events.

Also, some good news from the relatively disappointing Sansa plot this season: She can't possibly be pregnant after that fall! If she is, then I have an issue with the writing.

Edit: Also, I hope they don't think we forgot about the fucking Freys. If we don't get vengeance next season, I'm going to be pissed. Oh, and remember the Greyjoys? Not much is said about the ironborn anymore. You're telling me they just went back to doing nothing at all after losing Theon? After not getting him back for such a long time, you'd think they'd just accept that he's a dead man and go back to doing ironborn things.

Nameless

It's actually pretty great, a lot better than I expected it to be.

It's very typical Elder Scrolls so if you know the series well enough then you'll be right at home.

My biggest gripe with it would probably be the lack of dungeons, that's something that ES is known for and while this game definitely has them, it's such a small amount compared to what there normally is, understandably though since it's an MMO.

The world is massive though. I haven't seen much of it myself because I've only had it for a week and only been to a few areas but what I have seen is really big, and a damn nice looking as well. I think I've taken like 30-40 screenshots already, lol. Story is decent, side missions are also pretty decent, PvP is surprisingly great. Haven't grouped with anyone for PvE to try any large dungeons yet though. Just been playing solo, which it's really great for, so if you want to go at it solo then this won't let you down.

Never played A Realm Reborn so I can't compare, but at least ESO is buy to play.

Nice impressions. Only about a week into FF myself. Gotta say, not only is the world gorgeous and oozing with Final Fantasy fan service, but the character creator/customization options have an incredible amount of depth & personality. Seeing dozens upon dozens of unique & interesting characters running around high traffic areas is really striking. I've come across few Starks and Targaryens so far, I'd imagine there are tons of GoT inspired created characters in ESO.

The costs aren't too bad. 14 days or up to level 20 free(whichever's first) + a 30 day sub comes with the paid version, which can be found for $20-$30 if not less. Looks like it gets massive updates regularly, and an expansion is about to drop. Not a big MMO guy traditionally, but this feels like a FF game through & through.

Shoot me a FR(ditto for anyone else in Thrones GAF with PSN ) PSN ID - SnarlSagan .

Nyx

However it definitely wasn't without flaws. The whole Religious fanatics taking over King's Landing was completely unbelievable to me. Even if they had the support of the people, the fact that they imprisoned the Queen, the King's mother, and the prince of the second wealthiest region in the country with zero repercussions is way too far fetched for me to believe. The unsullied getting merced through out the season by a bunch of rich people with knives was also laughably dumb. Also I didn't care for any of the Essos plotlines. I never really cared for Essos before but I thought that with so many characters headed there this season that would change, but it didn't. It just made me care about those characters less.

Yep, both the sparrows and harpies were the lowest points of this season for me too.

Volimar

Guys, all this Mel will save Jon talk will just make GRRM not do it ;-)

We've got that taken care of.

aBrRzxD_460s_v4.jpg

Ethelwulf

So I just watched the final episode last night.... What a fucking bummer that was :( He was probably my favorite character. Now I only want them all to burn for being so arrogant and ambitious. Let the White Walkers kill everybody! That would be a terrific ending to be honest. I don't see any light left in this story. Great Saga!

Without Dany there to take care of them, what's going to happen to the other dragons? They're chained up, they can't get away if someone wants to screw with them.

Tywin isn't dead because we didn't see his death on screen.

I literally just realized that Emilia and her both played Sarah Connor.
They were speaking over Tywin's corpse during the premiere if I'm not mistaken. Lena has the right build for Sarah, she's not as ripped as Linda Hamilton, but she looks the right age for the part and is a better actor than Clarke.
Maybe Bran can warg into the Night's King and really fuck some shit up
Bran can only warg into things with a limited intelligence.

dealer-

He's going to come back ripped, with a crew cut, fucking girls left, right and centre. There's so much potential for a badass Jon Snow now

Vagabundo

Looking forward to the Mountainstein wrecking the gaff in the next season. Cersei is going to destroy everything when she finds out her daughter is dead. It will be a glorious orgy fo destruction.

wildfire

Banned
She already replaced her as Sarah Connor...

*chuckles*

I'm kind of disappointed how the season played out. It wasn't terrible but I'm not looking forward to the next season like I was in past post-season periods.

They really need to examine the way they structured this season and avoid whatever it is they did wrong.

Looking forward to the Mountainstein wrecking the gaff in the next season. Cersei is going to destroy everything when she finds out her daughter is dead. It will be a glorious orgy fo destruction.

It's Cersei Lannister. Let's not get too hasty in rooting for her.

Curufinwe

Myrcella is likely dead, but what if she's still alive and they poisoned her to gain leverage over Jaime? They didn't seem to have got that far, and when Bronn hears the commotion on the boat the first thing he's going to say to Jaime is they have an antidote.

televator

Not sure how anyone could complain about magic since that's been the end game for quite some time. I love both the political intrigue and the magic. This show did a better job of giving people other reasons to be interested in it before getting too crazy with the magic since I know some people that hated LOTR for its magic and nerd stigma but love this.

Bran being back next season automatically takes the magic level up. Can't wait to see what he's learned and if he's got a lot of cool moves from training during this past season's events.

Also, some good news from the relatively disappointing Sansa plot this season: She can't possibly be pregnant after that fall! If she is, then I have an issue with the writing.

Edit: Also, I hope they don't think we forgot about the fucking Freys. If we don't get vengeance next season, I'm going to be pissed. Oh, and remember the Greyjoys? Not much is said about the ironborn anymore. You're telling me they just went back to doing nothing at all after losing Theon? After not getting him back for such a long time, you'd think they'd just accept that he's a dead man and go back to doing ironborn things.

Full disclosure: I hate LotR too.

The diferencce, for me, is that it seemed like HIGH fantasy. Magic in and mystical creatures in LotR seem very... perfect and fantastical or less constrained by reality. In GoT giants seem more worn down by a life style. They have habits and character. Dragons have a down side. Tamming them is hard and not certainly achievable, if at all fully. Saving someone from death, leaves a scar... you dont really recover all damage fully. Bran has to become a hermit obsorbed by roots. Etc...

IDK, my 2 cents

Vashetti

Banned
Myrcella is likely dead, but what if she's still alive and they poisoned her to gain leverage over Jaime? They didn't seem to have got that far, and when Bronn hears the commotion on the boat the first thing he's going to say to Jaime is they have an antidote.

Myrcella is 100% dead.

Yup I was convinced it would be a one-way trip for him.
His woman over there has nothing on that Martell chick. He'd be able to live out his days getting the bad pussy while pretty much being protected because she's a part of the ruling class, probably gets to fight occasionally as well, so win win.

Myrcella is 100% dead.

100% according to...The viewers guide perhaps? lol

But yeah, she's dead regardless. Even if Bronn tells him that the boat isn't turning around fast enough to get to shore and the likely hood of someone having the antidote on hand once they port is just not happening.

Kinyou

At first I thought she's going to wreak havoc on kingslanding, but when you think about it, the people are entirely on the high sparrow's side, and now after this walk off shame there is pretty much no respect left for the crown. Maybe she'll order the kingsguard to slaughter them all but I'd imagine the mass of people would just overrun them.

ship_zpsiccyjreu.jpg

I think they were far out enough that they wouldn't get to the antidote on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom