• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the odd one out.

They're clearly alive.

image.php

Wait you guys think Sansa and Theon are still alive? I assumed that was suicide.

Bran fell from a tower to bare ground and lived. Sansa and Theon jumped into a snowbank from the rampart.

Of coarse that being said. I'm not sure how they'll realistically get away as they would totally be trackable in all that snow.

kinn

What an episode!

Off the topic of Jon Snow for a moment. The start of this season started off with a flashback of young Cersi. I think I read somewhere that the producers didnt plan on ever using flashbacks. So to have this one....it must have been an important, significant thing to show us right? Why show us that flashback? I cant even remember it!

What an episode!

Off the topic of Jon Snow for a moment. The start of this season started off with a flashback of young Cersi. I think I read somewhere that the producers didnt plan on ever using flashbacks. So to have this one....it must have been an important, significant thing to show us right? Why show us that flashback? I cant even remember it!

The witch she went to see stated her children would all die. Honestly I'm not sure why that was put in the story. It's rather spoilery. Though it does add to why Cersei is as protective of her children as she is.

The witch she went to see stated her children would all die. Honestly I'm not sure why that was put in the story. It's rather spoilery. Though it does add to why Cersei is as protective of her children as she is.
Also, the witch mentions a woman more beautiful than her becoming queen, which I assume is Margaery.

Tommen is next, surprised he hasn't died already considering he's up there as one of the kindest people in Westeros.

Nameless

This is first episode of the season I haven't rewatched despite it probably being the second best. What went down with Stannis and Cersei really bummed me out. Even if Stannis isn't dead the One True Dream is, and for good this time, and that fucking sucks. None of my remaining favorites are viable candidates for the crown. The 'Game', the 'Throne', these things are especially meaningless now if they weren't after Hardhome.

If by some miracle Jon doesn't come back then fuck it. Let Arya and Cersei fulfill their revenge fantasies and then the Army of Death can wash over everything in a dark sea of carnage & despair. The Last episode is literally just 66 minutes of them slaughtering the citizens of King's Landing as brutally as inhumanly possible. Fuck those people, fuck everybody.

+1 for #TeamNightsKing

oHoqTnP.gif

Lorcain

If by some miracle Jon doesn't come back then fuck it. Let Arya and Cersei fulfill their revenge fantasies and then the Army of Death can wash over everything in a dark sea of carnage & despair. The Last episode is literally just 66 minutes of them slaughtering the citizens of King's Landing as brutally as inhumanly possible. Fuck those people, fuck everybody.

+1 for #TeamNightsKing

oHoqTnP.gif
The final episode closes as the camera pans across a frozen Westeros, barren of all life, except Bronn trudging through the snow pulling Syrio who sits comfortably in an old fashioned wooden sled.

Fade to black...

This is first episode of the season I haven't rewatched despite it probably being the second best. What went down with Stannis and Cersei really bummed me out. Even if Stannis isn't dead the One True Dream is, and for good this time, and that fucking sucks. None of my remaining favorites are viable candidates for the crown. The 'Game', the 'Throne', these things are especially meaningless now if they weren't after Hardhome.

+1 for #TeamNightsKing

oHoqTnP.gif

Shit, neither have I.

All weekend I was kind of depressed that the season was ending, but on the other hand I was kind of excited because I was planning on doing a full rewatch of season 5. But I've had absolutely no desire because of what happened, nor have I rewatched the episode.

But I want to though. Thinking I might do a rewatch of the entire series and ease back into season 5, because fuck, this was a really depressing season.

If Jon doesn't come back then I hope they shift the WW arc over to Tormund, because he's someone I can definitely get behind.

Nameless

So I'm playing ESO and using spotify on PS4 so I can listen to music from GoT while exploring Tamriel and gaf, it's beautiful.

How you ESO overall? It was a toss up between that and FFXIV for a Summer RPG and I decided to try the free trial for FF first. Loving it so far, but still really want to try Scrolls at some point.

There is actually enough episodes now that you can start the series all over again, one episode a week, and you should finish just on time for season 6.

Never thought of that!

Maybe we should do a rewatch thread, one episode a week, every weekened and discuss.

There wouldn't be a whole lot to talk about though, nothing to speculate. As much as I love the show, It would also be pretty hard to commit to in all honesty, 50 weeks is a long time when you know you can just binge it and it's hard not to binge GoT.

Half a season a week could probably work though. I dunno. Regardless, I'm doing a rewatch starting sometime this week.

Nameless

The final episode closes as the camera pans across a frozen Westeros, barren of all life, except Bronn trudging through the snow pulling Syrio who sits comfortably in an old fashioned wooden sled.

Fade to black...

Replace Syrio with Meli and sold!

That's actually a kinda brilliant idea. Basically the intro come to life...but death.

Shit, neither have I.

All weekend I was kind of depressed that the season was ending, but on the other hand I was kind of excited because I was planning on doing a full rewatch of season 5. But I've had absolutely no desire because of what happened, nor have I rewatched the episode.

But I want to though. Thinking I might do a rewatch of the entire series and ease back into season 5, because fuck, this was a really depressing season.

If Jon doesn't come back then I hope they shift the WW arc over to Tormund, because he's someone I can definitely get behind.

Yeah a full rewatch is probably the way to go. I can never be fully sure what I think of a season until I see it in context with everything else.

Tormund's great. Him, Edd, and Ghost are the only people to route for in The North right now...but Jon's hero shoes are massive. Anything less than Arya riding Drogon into battle can't compare to Heroic Jon Snow being heoric.

I really want a Elder Scrolls type game set in the Game of Thrones universe.

Don't even know what they could do for a story, I'd just run around exploring every inch.

Same here!

I was thinking about it myself and I think they could make great use of the back story, during the last great winter, but then the thought that The Wall wouldn't exist turned me off of that idea.

Even so, not sure if you've played the Game of Thrones RPG that came out a couple years ago but that, as mediocre as it was as a video game had a fantastic story which mostly took place in KL and in and around The Wall. The universe and characters are there, the history and lore is there, I think it would be easy to write a great story for a game.

I loved Skyrim, but knowing they turned down GOT to make it really sucks. Imagine if it was Westeros instead. Maybe now with the success of the show they'll do it, but I doubt that will ever happen.

How you ESO overall? It was a toss up between that and FFXIV for a Summer RPG and I decided to try the free trial for FF first. Loving it so far, but still really want to try Scrolls at some point.

It's actually pretty great, a lot better than I expected it to be.

It's very typical Elder Scrolls so if you know the series well enough then you'll be right at home.

My biggest gripe with it would probably be the lack of dungeons, that's something that ES is known for and while this game definitely has them, it's such a small amount compared to what there normally is, understandably though since it's an MMO.

The world is massive though. I haven't seen much of it myself because I've only had it for a week and only been to a few areas but what I have seen is really big, and a damn nice looking as well. I think I've taken like 30-40 screenshots already, lol. Story is decent, side missions are also pretty decent, PvP is surprisingly great. Haven't grouped with anyone for PvE to try any large dungeons yet though. Just been playing solo, which it's really great for, so if you want to go at it solo then this won't let you down.

Never played A Realm Reborn so I can't compare, but at least ESO is buy to play.

What are the odds that Cersei kills herself after hearing about Myrcella in a desperate attempt to avoid the prophecy in hopes that Tommen will live to grow old.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But he's so useless and infuriatingly so, though.

I don't fault him but I wouldn't say I would be sad to see him go, worst King of the Andals, non-protector of the realms, etc.

Come on, his brother was way worse. Had Tyrion not been pulling the strings behind the scenes Stannis would be king right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Joff was horrible but he was super entertaining to watch. Tommen is just... super useless as fuck :x

If his mom hadn't cooled him down before she got taken he would have sent the Kingsguard to do what she's going to do next season. Poor kid's been played from every angle.

If his mom hadn't cooled him down before she got taken he would have sent the Kingsguard to do what she's going to do next season. Poor kid's been played from every angle.

Boohoo

Everyone in GoT are played and playing the others. I don't feel pity for Sansa when she got raped, even if she is a fairly innocent character, so I don't feel Tommen needs to be given softness either. As an audience, if they're not entertaining me, offfff with their heads!!!

>:D

If Tywin wasn't shot dead on the shitter he would've finished his "how to be a king" training.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
When will the Stark men realise that chopping someone's head off results in their own deaths? Ned, Robb, and now Jon, have beheaded someone and ended up dying themselves at the end of the same season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom