• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
If I remember correctly from an interview they stated Ser Pounce would not be returning, apparently the cat was too difficult to work with because well, it's a cat. Although I may have misremembered. Short story short, cats are assholes.

I heard Natalie Dormer (Margaery) was not particularly fond of him, or cats either :/

studyguy

If I remember correctly from an interview they stated Ser Pounce would not be returning, apparently the cat was too difficult to work with because well, it's a cat. Although I may have misremembered. Short story short, cats are assholes.

This is why we can't have nice things.
D3O2

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I started watching the show shortly before season 4 started and so this was my first big wait for more episodes. It has been torture. It seems like so much stuff has been set in motion, hopefully it doesn't take more than 4 seasons for some of it to pay-off (the white walkers are going to be in this season as a major plot point, right? Right?)

I started watching the show shortly before season 4 started and so this was my first big wait for more episodes. It has been torture. It seems like so much stuff has been set in motion, hopefully it doesn't take more than 4 seasons for some of it to pay-off (the white walkers are going to be in this season as a major plot point, right? Right?)

I still remember being introduced to them at the start of the first episode and being pretty disappointed that after the initial intro there was next to nothing involving them, but the show was so good that it good me hooked anyway, eventually forgetting about them until the next time they decide to include them again.

Winter has to come eventually, maybe this will be the season, but don't get your hopes up.

aravuus

I kiiind of remember reading that they're aiming for 7 seasons? If true, I'm sure shit is gonna be going down for the rest of show

I do want more white walker stuff tho

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I still remember being introduced to them at the start of the first episode and being pretty disappointed that after the initial intro there was next to nothing involving them, but the show was so good that it good me hooked anyway, eventually forgetting about them until the next time they decide to include them again.

Winter has to come eventually, maybe this will be the season, but don't get your hopes up.

It already started in the Eyrie, didn't it? Sansa was building a snow castle near the end of season 4. Unless that snow was just because the tower is just so high in the mountains...

Volimar

Dude'll have a beard

wpCI2Vl.jpg

I'm starting to lean towards King Stannis. He is the rightful claim to the throne.

He'll never get it, he screwed over the gods when he threw in with the red witch, and when he cheated on his wife violating his vows. They don't seem to care when you're a nobody, but when you're a key player and you break a vow you and your wife and unborn child all get gutted at a wedding.

Nameless

Nice to see a good bit of new posters. This thread is well modded and has been 99% rock solid in my experience -- honestly I've been spoiled more by asshole friends & co-workers. Although, looking back, people uncovering 'proof' of Olenna poisoning Joffrey minutes after the episode ended was some clear bullshit, even if it didn't completely kill the the sense of mystery and who-done-it discussions.

Akim

Banned
Nice to see a good bit of new posters. This thread is well modded and has been 99% rock solid in my experience -- honestly I've been spoiled more by asshole friends & co-workers. Although, looking back, people uncovering 'proof' of Olenna poisoning Joffrey minutes after the episode ended was some clear bullshit, even if it didn't completely kill the the sense of mystery and who-done-it discussions.

for real, that was some bullshit

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm starting to lean towards King Stannis. He is the rightful claim to the throne.

yeah me too. He's not as annoying as the remaining competitors, and the best ones are dead, soo it's all up to him. Plus, his circling maneuver + entrance at the end of S4 was completely badass

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I just got HBO Now, I assume episodes will appear on HBO Go/Now at the same time, but when is that time?

Might want to double-check because I heard HBO Now doesn't work like HBO Go. The later being basically real-time. Read something earlier today about Now being not quite "now".

A bunch of us had an idea that something was fishy, but I think the real proof came from reddit and someone posted the screen shot of her touching Sansa's necklace here and that's where it all started, because at first the majority of us thought that it was Sansa. I don't think anyone here was actually a book reader making that discovery.

I could be wrong though, I'd have to go back and check which is too much work for me because I'm lazy.

Evolved1

yeah me too. He's not as annoying as the remaining competitors, and the best ones are dead, soo it's all up to him. Plus, his circling maneuver + entrance at the end of S4 was completely badass

I think red lady is the main villain on the show who isn't made of ice, so having the king's ear seems the scariest of all outcomes.

Vashetti

Banned

Uh I did genuinely rewatch the episode multiple times and printscreen shit.

It was right there to see if you looked for it. I wasn't spoiled or informed by anybody.

CDX

Might want to double-check because I heard HBO Now doesn't work like HBO Go. The later being basically real-time. Read something earlier today about Now being not quite "now".

Well, the HBO Now website says it'll be like GO.

http://help.hbonow.com/app/answers/listHBO/c/29/?camp=helpk1

Will shows, series and movies be instantly available at the same time as they arrive on broadcast HBO and HBO GO?

Yes. New episodes of original programming and theatrical films will become available on HBO NOW at the same time that they premiere on HBO. Live programming and some other programs have a delay..

A bunch of us had an idea that something was fishy, but I think the real proof came from reddit and someone posted the screen shot of her touching Sansa's necklace here and that's where it all started, because at first the majority of us thought that it was Sansa. I don't think anyone here was actually a book reader making that discovery.

I could be wrong though, I'd have to go back and check which is too much work for me because I'm lazy.

I'm sure there were a couple people who figured it out on their own, but the vast, vast majority of people who "figured it out" were given hints and tells from book-readers about key things to look out for. There were people in that thread dropping hints and literally spelling out step-by-step what happened, then backing it up with "but it's just a guess lol!" All it takes is a few people telling others to watch certain characters closely or keep an eye on objects, etc, and boom. The red wedding was really bad in this spoilery-ish regard with people hyping the shit out of it up until the day.

Hence the (awesome) spoiler rules for this thread.

Evolved1

Uh I did genuinely rewatch the episode multiple times and printscreen shit.

It was right there to see if you looked for it. I wasn't spoiled or informed by anybody.

Do they actually show it? I never noticed in all the rewatches. huh.

Well, the HBO Now website says it'll be like GO.

Awesome good new for Now folks.

Thanks for looking it up. I prob should've myself.

Sendero

Although, looking back, people uncovering 'proof' of Olenna poisoning Joffrey minutes after the episode ended was some clear bullshit, even if it didn't completely kill the the sense of mystery and who-done-it discussions.
Heh, to me Olenna (+ Master Pycelle) was the main suspect right away, given the way the scene was framed -and neither of the other characters had the galls or motives, with the exception of The Viper-, but I couldn't tell how the poisoning physically occurred (a combination of the pigeon cake/wine?).

By the time I tried to rewatch the chapter in HBO Go, someone had already pasted the infamous screenshot, which kind of pissed me off.. but it wasn't really a complex mystery.

Evolved1

You see Olenna fondle Sansa's necklace, make a swift hand movement and the gem is gone from her necklace.

It's right there on screen.

Rewatch 5x02 if you don't believe me.

I believe you of course, I just never noticed. Neat.

Hence the (awesome) spoiler rules for this thread.

This is the only place on the internet where I read and discuss this show. Even though I've still been spoiled by people in here a couple times, nothing major at least.

The thing I hate about the GoT season is that I've come across spoilers in the most random places. On gamefaqs last season in a battlefield 4 thread someone decided to just off topic and throw in a spoiler for the finale. The moment I saw it I looked away, but saw enough from the corner of my eye to guess what was going to happen, and it did.

I don't get it, why do people do it?

Margaery has basically become Lady Pounce for Tommen anyway, she'll fill the gap nicely.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm so sad I forgot this was coming so soon. I was planning on binging on the first 4 seasons again before it started. Then again I was planning on doing the same thing for Community before season 6. These things just snuck up on me!

ShaneB

This is the only place on the internet where I read and discuss this show. Even though I've still been spoiled by people in here a couple times, nothing major at least.

The thing I hate about the GoT season is that I've come across spoilers in the most random places. On gamefaqs last season in a battlefield 4 thread someone decided to just off topic and throw in a spoiler for the finale. The moment I saw it I looked away, but saw enough from the corner of my eye to guess what was going to happen, and it did.

I don't get it, why do people do it?

Baffles me as well. We're in an age where media can be consumed at any time, so a lot of people start to assume if they've seen something, it must mean everyone else has seen it too.

You wouldn't bring up some random spoiler in some random real life conversation, so why do it online? It makes no sense.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm so sad I forgot this was coming so soon. I was planning on binging on the first 4 seasons again before it started. Then again I was planning on doing the same thing for Community before season 6. These things just snuck up on me!

It can still be done! ~10 hours per season, 4 days to go!

Heck you can cut out S1-2 with the recap.

Evolved1

I remember some douche posting a red wedding gif in the most random gaf gaming thread like hours after airing... just... ugh.

I'm so hyped for season 5! This show has been consistently amazing, I hope it manages to maintain (and, if possible, to improve on) the quality of previous seasons.

I remember some douche posting a red wedding gif in the most random gaf gaming thread like hours after airing... just... ugh.

I don't know why people think it's a funny thing to do. It's dumb. Other than maybe 2 people in that thread out of 100 will get it. Why ruin it for others. Something similar happened for me when someone posted The Walking Dead spoiler from this season in an unrelated thread. Ugh.

Braag

gendry.png

Maybe he learned to row.

lol
What happened to Gendry? They forgot about him, I thought he would become more important later on but knowing GoT he probably drowned off screen and will only be mentioned shortly during some scene and forgot about again.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I think red lady is the main villain on the show who isn't made of ice, so having the king's ear seems the scariest of all outcomes.

indeed, Melisandre is totally a pupper master, but I believe she'll meet either Davos or Stannis' sword soon enough

about forgotten characters, what about Greatjon? Did he disappear or what? Maybe I missed him being mentioned in some episode

Vashetti

Banned
indeed, Melisandre is totally a pupper master, but I believe she'll meet either Davos or Stannis' sword soon enough

about forgotten characters, what about Greatjon? Did he disappear or what? Maybe I missed him being mentioned in some episode

The actor sadly had conflicts with another show so he got written out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom