• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

lol
What happened to Gendry? They forgot about him, I thought he would become more important later on but knowing GoT he probably drowned off screen and will only be mentioned shortly during some scene and forgot about again.

I'm actually curious if he's still actively on the show. The tweet he put out about still rowing is old as hell now lol, maybe they just wrote him out? I guess we'll find out.

If the dude ever lands, he's going to look like Popeye.
121128_Moustafa_Ismail_2.jpg

I'm actually curious if he's still actively on the show. The tweet he put out about still rowing is old as hell now lol, maybe they just wrote him out? I guess we'll find out.

That's reverse Popeye. You need tiny Biceps and massive forearms.

See, I know my mind is in the gutter because I just wondered aloud what 'getting a reverse Popeye' would be?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That looks like one of those dipshits who injects that stuff into their arms...

Nameless

Uh I did genuinely rewatch the episode multiple times and printscreen shit.

It was right there to see if you looked for it. I wasn't spoiled or informed by anybody.

Not accusing you...it was pretty much immediately after the episode ended that she starred being pegged as the killer. Hindsight is 20/20, but I thought they did a good job casting suspicion on a wide range of people(including Olenna). At the time I thought for sure Varys was a conspirator given his whole 'For the good of the realm' stance and the serious demeanor he was wearing throughout the ceremony.

scabro

accidentally clicked on the spoilers thread lol

kinda half asleep skimming through the page thinking "man these fan theories are oddly specific" then BAM it hit me.

aint even mad though, looking forward to the show just as much

Chris R

accidentally clicked on the spoilers thread lol

kinda half asleep skimming through the page thinking "man these fan theories are oddly specific" then BAM it hit me.

aint even mad though, looking forward to the show just as much

Sorry dude! You did take my advice and subscribed to this thread right so you don't wonder into the wrong thread next time?

scabro

Sorry dude! You did take my advice and subscribed to this thread right so you don't wonder into the wrong thread next time?

oh its fine lol, spoilers actually kinda increase my enjoyment of stuff as long as its not totally detailed or specific as to when it happens. it adds tension to everything seeing when it actually happens. But i probably should subscribe to not fuck up in the future lol

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so damn close, argh

do you think Sophie Turner is going to appear in some steamy scenes? Because I know I'll die if that happens

Vashetti

Banned
so damn close, argh

do you think Sophie Turner is going to appear in some steamy scenes? Because I know I'll die if that happens

Well Sansa is a virgin, so I imagine when/if she has to have sex with somebody, that'd be quite a pivotal scene.

Vashetti

Banned
Promos and trailers always spoil a lot of things to me, as you can very easily deduce plot points from it.

To watch it, or wait. Decisions...

There's a lot of repeated scenes, and the cuts are very, very fast. I don't think there's anything spoilery to be gleaned here.

It's just hype material.

Nameless

Top 10 going into S5:

1. Arya
2. Stannis
3. Cersei
4. Melisandre
5. Jon Snow
6. Littlefinger
7. Ser Bronn
8. Daeny
9. Brienne
10:Tyrion
10a. Ramsay Bolton

Gandalf

Just binged the whole thing. Up to date now... Perfect timing. God damn this show is fantastic. Are we allowed to speak freely about previous seasons? No spoiler tags?

Edit: Just read the rules in the OP.

I really hope the remaining Starks somehow find each other... They've been so close to each other at certain points it's made me scream at the TV.

So hyped.

Gandalf

OK thanks. Missed what was said in the OP.

I haven't actually read the books... Anyone else in the same camp? I really want to start reading them.

Nameless

I really hope the remaining Starks somehow find each other... They've been so close to each other at certain points it's made me scream at the TV.

So hyped.

Summer and Ghost catching a brief glimpse at each other is the closest thing we're going to get until the final season.

Maybe Sansa and Jon but I can't even remember them exchanging dialogue.

Gandalf

Summer and Ghost catching a brief glimpse at each other is the closest thing we're going to get until the final season.

Maybe Sansa and Jon but I can't even remember them exchanging dialogue.

Yeah... You might be right there. It will be such an emotional moment if any of them do reunite. Although I guess because they're not looking for each other any more, it may be awhile. Depends on what Bran plans to do I think.

It was a general question Cornballer, but no problem. I completely understand why.
Nothing more will be said.

Oh wow, the premiere kinda snuck up on me. Gotta remember to set up my DVR when I get back tonight!

Can someone remind me of the following:
- Where is Jaime off to? OP summary says something about a secret mission...
- What's Brienne and Pod doing now?
- What's the situation on the Boltons? Do they still have Theon? I kinda remember an escape scene last season.
- I see a lot of Sand and Martells in the cast lineup...did they announce vengeance for that whole Viper mishap? Are they going to war over that now?
- Did they mention the "High Sparrow" at all last season? I saw them mentioned in the OP summary and a lot of the videos, but I don't seem to recall them being introduced at all last year...

...if you guys can bring me up to speed on any or all of those, that'd be sweet. I'd google it up, but I'm pretty sure random spoilers will be waiting for me there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more...is that traveling band led by that immortal guy still around? What's their mission again?
EDIT 2: I lied, there's still one more...what are the Stark kids up to? They went to go see a tree?

Vashetti

Banned
Oh wow, the premiere kinda snuck up on me. Gotta remember to set up my DVR when I get back tonight!

- Where is Jaime off to? OP summary says something about a secret mission... This is Season 5 material, watch and find out.
- What's Brienne and Pod doing now? They encountered Arya and the Hound at the end of the last Season. Brienne and the Hound fought over 'custody' of Arya. The Hound 'lost' and Arya left him for dead. Arya left for Braavos on a ship. Presumably Brienne and Pod are still looking for her.
- What's the situation on the Boltons? Do they still have Theon? I kinda remember an escape scene last season. They still have Theon and were last seen heading for Winterfell to take up residence. The rescue attempt by Theon's sister Yara was a failure and she had to flee with her men.
- I see a lot of Sand and Martells in the cast lineup...did they announce vengeance for that whole Viper mishap? Are they going to war over that now? This is Season 5 material, watch and find out.
- Did they mention the "High Sparrow" at all last season? I saw them mentioned in the OP summary and a lot of the videos, but I don't seem to recall them being introduced at all last year... This is Season 5 material, watch and find out.

...if you guys can bring me up to speed on any or all of those, that'd be sweet. I'd google it up, but I'm pretty sure random spoilers will be waiting for me there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more...is that traveling band led by that immortal guy still around? What's their mission again? The Brotherhood without Banners? We haven't seen them since Season 3. They were originally tasked by Ned in Season 1 to locate the Mountain and bring him to justice. They converted their mission to protecting the countryside and generally fighting Lannister forces. Not sure what they're upto now.
EDIT 2: I lied, there's still one more...what are the Stark kids up to? They went to go see a tree? Bran, Hodor, Jojen and Meera made it to the tree in the far north, and were attacked by skeletal wights. Jojen was killed. The others were saved by a Child of the Forest. Inside the tree they encountered an old man entwined in the roots of the tree. He told Bran he would never walk again, but that he would fly.

I would really suggest you watch some recaps and catch-up, the show isn't going to do much to explain all of this. My answers are bolded next to your questions.

Might be that he reached the end of his character's book material? I'm pretty that's why they said Bran and crew won't be appearing this season.

Sendero

- Where is Jaime off to? OP summary says something about a secret mission...
- What's Brienne and Pod doing now?
- What's the situation on the Boltons? Do they still have Theon? I kinda remember an escape scene last season.
- I see a lot of Sand and Martells in the cast lineup...did they announce vengeance for that whole Viper mishap? Are they going to war over that now?
- Did they mention the "High Sparrow" at all last season? I saw them mentioned in the OP summary and a lot of the videos, but I don't seem to recall them being introduced at all last year...

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more...is that traveling band led by that immortal guy still around? What's their mission again?
EDIT 2: I lied, there's still one more...what are the Stark kids up to? They went to go see a tree?

-Jaime was still in King's Landing, trying to protect Cersei and Tommen. That reference is about what will happen in this season (no idea).
-Brienne swore to find Arya and reunite her with her remaining family. Too bad she already left the continent. Pod tagged along, to avoid the wrath of Cersei.
-The Bolton's were traveling to rule over Winterfell. Reek (Theon) remains mind-washed by Ramsey.
-Think "Sand" lastname is given to bastards in Dorne. Kind of like "Snow" in the north. Pretty obvious the Martell won't be happy to heard about Oberyn's demise.
-No idea whom is him. Sounds like the main addition for this season.
-The Brotherhood without Banners should still be around. Didn't see any of them mentioned in the main cast, though. And Lord Beric is not immortal. Rather, the priest (Thoros of Mir) somehow manages to bring him back to life, by praying to the Lord of light (same religion of Melissandre).
-Brann/Hodor party apparently won't appear this season.

The right question would be.. are we going to see Missandei back in those revealing dresses?
Because that's all I ask (same with Melissandre).

Xamdou

Just subbed to HBO Go via Comcast Xfinity for $5 a month for 12 months!

My body is ready for S5 of Game of Thrones!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Zeigt Pro7 "Vikings" in geänderter Reihenfolge? Da ist eine Rolle mal Kind, in der nächsten nahezu erwachsen, dann wieder Kind... Gestern wurde ein Sklave freier Wikinger, heute ist er am Hof eines angelsächsischen Königs unterwegs?

WTF?

Mir gefallen die einzelnen Episoden, aber der Handlung der Serie kann ich auch nach mehreren Tagen mit mehreren in Reihe gezeigten Folgen nicht.... folgen.

EDIT: Blutadler - Wurde auf P7 zwar noch nicht gezeigt, aber ich hatte davon gehört und weil's anscheinend DIE "Vikings"-Szene sein soll war ich neugierig. Lächerlich.

Interesting. The edit really cleared things up too, thanks.

Vashetti

Banned
Zeigt Pro7 "Vikings" in geänderter Reihenfolge? Da ist eine Rolle mal Kind, in der nächsten nahezu erwachsen, dann wieder Kind... Gestern wurde ein Sklave freier Wikinger, heute ist er am Hof eines angelsächsischen Königs unterwegs?

WTF?

Mir gefallen die einzelnen Episoden, aber der Handlung der Serie kann ich auch nach mehreren Tagen mit mehreren in Reihe gezeigten Folgen nicht.... folgen.

EDIT: Blutadler - Wurde auf P7 zwar noch nicht gezeigt, aber ich hatte davon gehört und weil's anscheinend DIE "Vikings"-Szene sein soll war ich neugierig. Lächerlich.

1403736233530.png

We speak English here, sir.

Just subbed to HBO Go via Comcast Xfinity for $5 a month for 12 months!

My body is ready for S5 of Game of Thrones!

I'm still yet to sub, it's in Canada and through Bell so my only option is to get it as part of a $20 package. Will do tomorrow though but I hate having to take extra channels I never watch and paying as much as I'm forced to.

If it was only $5 a month I'd keep it around all year long, not only that but I'd be paying the same amount for 9 extra months, lol.

indeed, Melisandre is totally a pupper master, but I believe she'll meet either Davos or Stannis' sword soon enough

about forgotten characters, what about Greatjon? Did he disappear or what? Maybe I missed him being mentioned in some episode

And where the hell is that one Tully fellow that took a leave from the Red Wedding for a piss? I think he was Caitlin's uncle, named Grey Wolf or something.

Vashetti

Banned
And where the hell is that one Tully fellow that took a leave from the Red Wedding for a piss? I think he was Caitlin's uncle, named Grey Wolf or something.

Grey Wind was Robb's wolf that was killed at the Red Wedding.

Brynden Tully, or the Blackfish, as he's more commonly known as, managed to avoid the slaughter at the Twins because he had to go for a piss. We've heard nothing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom