• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 5 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Tully's, I wonder if we will ever hear from Edmure again. Last we heard he has been locked away in a Frey dungeon just before the massacre at the Red Wedding. I'm still not entirely sure why they would keep him alive.

Vashetti

Banned
Speaking of Tully's, I wonder if we will ever hear from Edmure again. Last we heard he has been locked away in a Frey dungeon just before the massacre at the Red Wedding. I'm still not entirely sure why they would keep him alive.

Because him and Blackfish are presumably the last surviving members of House Tully?

Hoster's dead, Cat's dead, Lysa's dead.

Wouldn't that give Frey all the more reason to execute him?

Roose Bolton was actively looking to get rid of the two Stark boys so that North would not rally to their sides.

I suppose you could argue that they can use Edmure alive and threaten to kill him if anyone in the Riverlands decides to challenge the Frey's wardship.

Vashetti

Banned
Wouldn't that give Frey all the more reason to execute him?

Roose Bolton was actively looking to get rid of the two Stark boys so that North would not rally to their sides.

I suppose you could argue that they can use Edmure alive and threaten to kill him if anyone in the Riverlands decides to challenge the Frey's wardship.

He can put a baby in Roslin Frey and carry on the line. Plus they can keep him as a bargaining tool. Makes no sense to just kill him.

Nameless

It's pretty remarkable that two slimey assholes like Roose Bolton and Walder Frey find themselves on the short list for most powerful man in Westeros(along with Stannis and Littlefinger) following Tywin's death. Oddly enough same alliance exists that has for years between the North and the Riverlands -- the daughter of the Lord of Rivverun is married to the Lord of Wintefell. Only the Stark's and Tully's, respected houses known for their honor and sense of duty, have been replaced with the most treacherous and seedy of houses, helmed by ruthless, greedy Lords. It'll be interesting to see if/when the now infamous double crossers double cross each other . Roose's decision to legitamize his psychopathic bastard as his son & heir, ensuring the North wouldn't go to Walda Frey or any kids they might have in the event he met his 'untimely' demise, was clearly a calculated move to put some distance between the Frey's and control of Winterfell...and probably a smart one.

Curufinwe

My HBO sub on FIOS just went up to $20 after being $10 for the first year. I might cancel after season 5 finishes and then wait till next April to subscribe again.

So have the show-runners mentioned any chance we could get a prequel season?

Fuck... I want to see this on film:

VzxOLal.jpg

Young Bob Baratheon and Ned wrecking people.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Rewatching in preparation and I'm still picking up on new things that I've missed even though I've seen the first series about 6 times

kilongs

I admit I'm not really sure why these two are so popular

Tywan Lannister was good tho

I think they have some pretty funny skits, but I agree that this particular skit was not that funny (I laughed at Tywan as well). Just thought I'd share it.

aravuus

I think they have some pretty funny skits, but I agree that this particular skit was not that funny (I laughed at Tywan as well). Just thought I'd share it.

Well I mean, it was GoT related and after watching it I realized the start of season 5 is almost 3 minutes closer. No reason not to post it here.

Except for maybe the fact that someone else already posted it lol

And yeah, they do have some good stuff. Even some very good stuff.

roytheone

For some reason I completely missed the fact that season 5 will start in only three days, and now I am incredibly hyped! Can't wait for coming Monday !(thanks to timezones, it won't be during a Sunday for me).

What I'm most excited for this season outside of the show itself is the bar reactions. The fact that the owner is able to fill the bar just to watch the show is awesome.
I'd love to go but it's in Boston.

I have quite the dilemma... GoT will be screening in NZ at exactly the same time as the US, so it'll be 1pm Monday local time. But I'll be working (at home)... so do I sneak off for an hour and watch? Or just wait till it's rebroadcast later in the evening. Argh.

I have quite the dilemma... GoT will be screening in NZ at exactly the same time as the US, so it'll be 1pm Monday local time. But I'll be working (at home)... so do I sneak off for an hour and watch? Or just wait till it's rebroadcast later in the evening. Argh.

just record and watch when you get home.

Im going to do the same (Im in Australia). I will record it and watch it as soon as I get home.

it should be pretty easy to avoid spoilers while I am at work.

just record and watch when you get home.

Im going to do the same (Im in Australia). I will record it and watch it as soon as I get home.

it should be pretty easy to avoid spoilers while I am at work.

But they are already working at home. I would take the hour break unless you are going on a internet blackout to avoid accidental spoilers.

Yeah, the TV will be right behind me... it'll be so tempting to watch. But I'd rather sit back and relax with all the lights off when it starts in the evening. I've been pretty good at avoiding spoilers before, this is the first time we'll have a simultaneous broadcast.

With how the very first scene of last season , Tywin melting Ned's sword, turned out to be a massive act of hubris, I'm intrigued as to how the kick this season off.

Vashetti

Banned
With how the very first scene of last season , Tywin melting Ned's sword, turned out to be a massive act of hubris, I'm intrigued as to how the kick this season off.

I'm interested to see the recap at the start. You can always glean some sort of info of what will come up again.

Like last year's recap had Ser Dontos being saved by Sansa and Polliver taking Needle from Arya.

Nameless

I'm interested to see the recap at the start. You can always glean some sort of info of what will come up again.

Like last year's recap had Ser Dontos being saved by Sansa and Polliver taking Needle from Arya.

Fuck those things. I leave the room until I hear the main theme. Sure they're necessary for most viewers, but they also spoil the episode. The reveal that Syrio Forel has been locked away in a dungeon this entire time will be cheapened after the recap conveniently shows him squaring off against Meryn Trant four seasons ago.

#nottoday

I just watched the trailer and I can honestly say it was great, but I wish I didn't. I held off for so long and was planing on going in blind, but in a moment of weakness I caved.

Re-watching season 4 and there's something about this show that I think I love and appreciate more than anything else, for all the good it does, the best of it is the unlikely relationships it's created between characters.

Sansa and Little Finger, Arya and The Hound, Brienne and Jamie/Pod etc etc. The list goes on.

Really looking forward to see who else they pair up this season. I also really hope Sandor is alive.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Re-watching season 4 and there's something about this show that I think I love and appreciate more than anything else, for all the good it does, the best of it is the unlikely relationships it's created between characters.

Sansa and Little Finger, Arya and The Hound, Brienne and Jamie/Pod etc etc. The list goes on.

Really looking forward to see who else they pair up this season. I also really hope Sandor is alive.

Tyrion and Varys.
Jon and Stannis.
Arya and that faceless Braavos dude from season 2.
Cersei and zombie Mountain.

dLMN8R

Don't forget Reek and Ramsay :)

Just watched John Wick.

I love how Alfie Allen basically plays the same character in that as in Game of Thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom