• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

Also, it's best to strip the username and post ID# from the quote, cause apparently there's a feature of "who quoted you" that they could see in their control panel.

[series]
It is Joffrey, Tyrion thinks at lengths about this. Remember that Joffrey, while Robert wasn't his bio-dad, was very much influenced by him. Robert offhandedly remarked that Bran was better off dead and it'd be more merciful to end his misery. The shiny expensive dagger also belonged to Robert's stash, which Joffrey would have had access to. Tyrion guesses that after Joffrey brags about being "no stranger to Valyrian steel", and he mentions the dragonbone hilt dagger and Joffrey gets all flustered.

ah yes... that evidence. Still doesn't make sense for that character to do it.
mercy doesn't really seem to be where he aims.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Some of the posters in that thread...I really wonder how the hell they come to the conclusions they do. It's pretty mind-boggling some times.

It's kind of weird to see a group on a forum like this kept in a bubble, to the point that there are two threads and any discussion of the source in the other is bannabe. I see why it needs to be done, it just still seems weird. Like allowing people to revel in their ignorance.

Have we had anything of this scale before? Years and years of viewers of a different medium not going on while other people do from the original medium. I mean at most I could think of the LOTR movies.

It makes it worse when show only watchers try and portray book readers as book nerds.

Tacitus_

Some of the posters in that thread...I really wonder how the hell they come to the conclusions they do. It's pretty mind-boggling some times.

It's cos they pay no attention to what's happened before and/or where it happened. So when that one guy brought up what Jorah was up to in S1, there were people thinking it was book info :|

Trojita

I think the book also explains at some point how Robert didn't care for daggers and that he preferred his warhammers etc. So he gave Joffrey those daggers and whatnot, and, like you said, gave Joffrey access to those things. Correct me if I'm wrong here. It's been a while. =/

ASOS: I thought
Joffrey got the dagger from the collective armory of the caraven.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Trasher

Maybe I'm wrong.

You're probably right. I can't remember. I'll have to go look it up.

Also, Morrigan, fix your quote of Mission's post so that it's spoilered.

Ark

Maybe I'm wrong.

Nah, you're right.

ASOS:
Wasn't Robert fond of Valryian steel so he brought a bunch with him North to Winterfell? Either way, they had a portable armoury of Valryian steel daggers.

Trojita

Nah, you're right.

ASOS:
Wasn't Robert fond of Valryian steel so he brought a bunch with him North to Winterfell? Either way, they had a portable armoury of Valryian steel daggers.

ASOS:
Yeah it looks like Robert won it from Petyr and they brought it in the caravan armory.

It is in Joffrey's character not to realize how priceless a dagger made of Valyrian Steel is.

Ark

Looks like he is maybe having a seizure, a byproduct of his abilities perhaps?

ASOS:
It's certainly possible, but don't you think we would know about that from the books?

ASOS:
Yeah it looks like Robert won it from Petyr and they brought it in the caravan armory.

It is in Joffrey's character not to realize how priceless a dagger made of Valyrian Steel is.

ASOS:
I'm curious how they'll do the reveal on the show, should be good to watch hopefully. Although it's a year away :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
ASOS
RW is gonna be brutal enough without watching Dacey take the fucking axe to the stomach. :(

[ASoS]
Oops, I actually meant Maege, she's the one who's carrying Robb's letter. But yeah poor Dacey, that was sad too. :(

[ASOS]
You should spoiler tag posts like this even in this thread or just go to the no tag book thread. The mere act of you saying "lol" with that quote makes it seem like the statement is comically incorrect which suggests Tyrion will confront his father.

[ASoS]
Fine, I edited the "lol" but come on, isn't this going too far in spoiler paranoia now? "lol" could mean anything, from "comically incorrect" to "funny how he got that so right".

I guess I'll just post every single thing in tags from now on... I only wish there were a feature that automatically showed all spoiler tags (like on the Winteriscoming blog, you click a button and it makes all the tags auto-readable). I find this thread interesting to discuss but the tag frenzy is getting an eyesore, especially since almost everyone in this thread has read all the books. :\

Trasher

[ASoS]
Oops, I actually meant Maege, she's the one who's carrying Robb's letter. But yeah poor Dacey, that was sad too. :(

[ASoS]
Fine, I edited the "lol" but come on, isn't this going too far in spoiler paranoia now? "lol" could mean anything, from "comically incorrect" to "funny how he got that so right".

I guess I'll just post every single thing in tags from now on... I only wish there were a feature that automatically showed all spoiler tags (like on the Winteriscoming blog, you click a button and it makes all the tags auto-readable). I find this thread interesting to discuss but the tag frenzy is getting an eyesore, especially since almost everyone in this thread has read all the books. :\

Fix your post in #5276! :p

Magni

Check two posts above you!

Doh!

Also, it's best to strip the username and post ID# from the quote, cause apparently there's a feature of "who quoted you" that they could see in their control panel.

[series]
It is Joffrey, Tyrion thinks at lengths about this. Remember that Joffrey, while Robert wasn't his bio-dad, was very much influenced by him. Robert offhandedly remarked that Bran was better off dead and it'd be more merciful to end his misery. The shiny expensive dagger also belonged to Robert's stash, which Joffrey would have had access to. Tyrion guesses that after Joffrey brags about being "no stranger to Valyrian steel", and he mentions the dragonbone hilt dagger and Joffrey gets all flustered.

Remove the quote attribution or else that poster will see his post quoted in this thread.

Oops, fixed!

Speevy

Banned
I already know about the events you guys are discussing, but I think it's a bit rude to pull out peoples' posts from the other thread to ridicule them.

They're just watching a TV show and trying to speculate on it. Once certain things are over and done with, I'm sure the showrunners are going to reimagine the rest of it in ways you aren't expecting either.

vehn

I already know about the events you guys are discussing, but I think it's a bit rude to pull out peoples' posts from the other thread to ridicule them.

They're just watching a TV show and trying to speculate on it. Once certain things are over and done with, I'm sure the showrunners are going to reimagine the rest of it in ways you aren't expecting either.

Yeah fuck non book readers right

Jarmel

Banned
So without getting banned from here; this special site I go to doesn't seem to have what I want. Is there any other way to watch Game of Thrones for free

note: I didn't ask if it was illegal or legal. So any links to my pm would be appreciated :)

Go to a friend's house.

Eidan

So without getting banned from here; this special site I go to doesn't seem to have what I want. Is there any other way to watch Game of Thrones for free

note: I didn't ask if it was illegal or legal. So any links to my pm would be appreciated :)

Wait until the show enters syndication and airs on TNT.

Levi

Banned
Remove the quote attribution or else that poster will see his post quoted in this thread.

Or better yet, stop quoting that stupid fucking thread in here. If I wanted to read what illiterates thought of the latest episode, I know where to go.

Or keep quoting them every other post, better that than the millionth reiteration of "what if the show catches up to George?!?!".

;) ;) ;)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Fix your post in #5276! :p
Huh?

Wait, I'm not ridiculing anyone. I'm merely enjoying their speculation, whether it's accurate or not. I'm certainly not mocking anyone for speculating one way or another, I mean most of us who read the books were surprised at many plot twists too and speculated wrong about a lot of things. And sometimes, we guessed right too. It's part of the fun.

pulga

Banned
Or better yet, stop quoting that stupid fucking thread in here. If I wanted to read what illiterates thought of the latest episode, I know where to go.

Or keep quoting them every other post, better that than the millionth reiteration of "what if the show catches up to George?!?!".

;) ;) ;)

But, please, tell us how you really feel

edit: awww you edited out your rant looooool :(

Dysun

Now we can't even discuss non book reader speculation?

tumblr_losq5xNeGn1qensylo1_500.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You quoted Mission's post that contains a spoiler.
Oh, right. I was looking at what I wrote and ignored what I quoted. Duh. Sorry, fixed.

Now we can't even discuss non book reader speculation? What a bunch of fucking babies [pic]
lol. Sure we can, but some people think that we're "ridiculing" them, for some reason. It's not like anyone said "lol they're such idiots look at how wrong they are", so I have no idea why s/he would say that...

pulga

Banned
Now we can't even discuss non book reader speculation? What a bunch of fucking babies

tumblr_losq5xNeGn1qensylo1_500.jpg

Fuck that, just look at this exchange going on right now

SeanR1221One confusing thing from last night....so Rob is going to ask the Frays for help? The same family he screwed over by marrying a different woman than he was supposed to? Err....[/QUOTE said:
RDreamerYeah. yeah.... Good luck said:
Hot ColdmanArgus Filch back in this bitch! Eh said:
I love it!

pulga

Banned
Teasing about shit outside of spoiler tags shouldn't be okay in this thread either.

Am I? Im just saying I love the speculation going on, not teasing what the fallout, if any, is gonna be. But sure Ill spoiler it just because people are getting prissy.

I mean, shouldnt this be the free for all show thread for people whom already know whats up?

AngryMoth

Honestly didn't think I'd be saying this after after the first couple of episodes this season but the show has really been winning be back over with the latest couple of episodes. I still don't think it will ever be as good as in season 1 just because the narrative is so sprawling now that it's hard to have any focus or momentum, but I have been finding myself thoroughly captivated and entertained which is a lot more than I can say for season 2. The quality isn't as even as I'd like, still usually one or two of scenes an episode which drag it down a bit but there has been a lot of genuinely fantastic stuff of late.

I am feel like they are getting through some of the content much quicker than I expected which has been great for the pace of the show but has me a little concerned for the future. For example if they continue to tell Dany's story at this pace they will finish all of her ASoS material by the end of season 3, and [general]
by god her story doesn't need padding any more than it already is
. Jaime/Brienne also feels way ahead of schedule.

Finally, one minor book confusion. Is Loras not a king's guard in the show or are they just ignoring the fact that they aren't supposed to marry?

Massa

You know what, I do not blame Robb at all for taking Karstark's head. The war was already lost anyway, might as well stay true to what they were fighting for in the first place.

Trasher

You know what, I do not blame Robb at all for taking Karstark's head. The war was already lost anyway, might as well stay true to what they were fighting for in the first place.

He should have thought about sieging Casterly Rock much sooner. Would have given Karstark his vengeance that he wanted in the first place.

balddemon

Banned
does cersei have fucked up teeth or something? she never smiles with her teeth and that stupid grimace thing she does with her eyebrows and mouth really annoys me. she could be really hot. but for that.

Hazmat

No one here is going to help you steal. So fuck off already.

Fucking amen. I pay for HBO, if every stealing asshole paid what I pay we could have 13 episode seasons with dragons all over the place. Instead we get 10 episode seasons with dragons spending time in canvas covered wicker boxes. Real shit costs, fuck off.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I only wish there were a feature that automatically showed all spoiler tags (like on the Winteriscoming blog, you click a button and it makes all the tags auto-readable). I find this thread interesting to discuss but the tag frenzy is getting an eyesore, especially since almost everyone in this thread has read all the books. :\
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/125549

But if you screw up and post something outside of a spoiler tag that was originally tagged then that will be your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom