• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, was the horn Theon was woken up with the same one that was harassing him outside of Winterfell at the end of last season?

This was how my coworker put two and two together which I was surprised, I thought the
flaying of the finger and the Bolton house Flayed man was way more of a giveaway

jsnow_has_no_humourneevm.gif

WEGGLES

Is it bad I mostly want to finish reading these books so I don't have to be terrified of having something spoiled anymore?

Or at least until the next book. Heh.

torontoml

Regarding Arya and Mellisandre, I just rewatched the scene about the eyes and the way it's worded it definitely sounds like the eye colors mentioned would be shut forever, and not referring to Arya AFFC
going blind

rar

i just watched it

mel showing up in the forest wtf please shoot me now

the girl who plays arya sucks. or maybe it's the writing. straight-up disney character in the show

carcetti and the eunuch please stop taunting each other in the throne room. also speeches over montages are dumb

at least ros is dead

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can't believe Ros died like that; they built her up as a minor character only to kill her off screen. I was always very wary of Ros' inclusion, as I never really saw a point to any of her scenes (outside of the nudity), but I always maintained that it wouldn't be all for nothing provided they eventually did something with the character. Instead, Littlefinger immediately catches her spying for Varys and gives her to Joffrey to kill off screen. How unsatisfying. No payoff at all.

It would have been so much better if we had actually witnessed Joffrey shooting her full of arrows or something like that. Even better if (ASOS)
they gave her Marillion's storyline.

Nuklear

Banned
i just watched it

the girl who plays arya sucks. or maybe it's the writing. straight-up disney character in the show

carcetti and the eunuch please stop taunting each other in the throne room. also speeches over montages are dumb

at least ros is dead

I think Maise Williams is a very good actress and playing a very hard character.

Kettch

I just have to say, the small amount of skinning that went on was quite possibly the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching something on TV. The reaction itself sold me on it. Damn.

Come on, it wasn't that bad. My uncle used to do it all the time. Rabbits can be tasty.

dubq

i just watched it

You should probably just stop watching.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
i just watched it

at least ros is dead

Yikes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i just watched it

at least ros is dead

I don't think I've ever heard this before...

exYle

i just watched it

at least ros is dead

Your opinions suck

dubq

she's playing a disney character. i keep waiting for aslan to pop out and hug her

probably more the writers' fault for butchering her story

"Asian"?

Also, her story is pretty much exactly the same, save for some occurrences at Harrenhal, and condensed for TV. Also, I don't know a lot of Disney characters that comment on how they were aiming for "face, tits, balls" when doing archery practice.

Fey

Banned
i just watched it

at least ros is dead

I wish I could. People force me to watch it though. We're basically mocking every scene. I really hate the writing.

iMVrDXkynWtG1.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I get it.

Arya is like Simba or Aladdin, except she murders people.

Arya is a rip off of Brave. See, she was shooting a bow and arrow.

And Brave of course is a rip off of How to Train Your Dragon, because Brave totally ripped their Scottish accents for their Scottland based film off the film where the just gave Vikings Scottish accents because they were lazy.

And How to Train Your Dragon of course has Dragons.

Therefor, Arya is going to fly into Kings Landing on Danny's dragons and burn Jeoffrey to death.

Speevy

Banned

And Brave of course is a rip off of How to Train Your Dragon, because Brave totally ripped their Scottish accents for their Scottland based film off the film where the just gave Vikings Scottish accents because they were lazy.

Therefor, Arya is going to fly into Kings Landing on Danny's dragons and burn Jeoffrey to death.

A whole new world!

Brashnir

Fucking spoilers man. Christ.

Levi

Banned
Show Arya speaking out against the Hound, and going after him with a knife when she realizes the brotherhood intends to let him go, practicing her Archery, standing up to Mel... She's starting to get closer to her book counterpart.

And even when the show was giving her shit, the actress was doing a great job with it. The kid casting in this show is unbelievable.

It makes season two even harder to swallow, knowing how good the Harrenhaal stuff could have been.

rar

I get it.

Arya is like Simba or Aladdin, except she murders people.

except in the show she doesn't

the disney thing is just a joke. she's had way too easy of a ride in the show. harrenhal wasn't all that bad, and after that she just wanders around the countryside with her friends, where there doesn't seem to be a war going on. they give her too many cheesy lines, and when she needs to express real emotion, it doesn't seem genuine at all to me, her delivery just isn't convincing. i'm not going to give her a break because she's a cute teenage girl, i don't think she's doing the character justice, and the writers don't seem to be helping her in that

tauroxd

Yep, that's right!

TheExodu5

Banned
I need to start reading the books again. There's a problem, however. I can't remember where I am in the books (I'm somewhere in the later half of book 3). Is there a good resource online I could use to find out? I could try to find out by reading, but it would probably take me a few hours before I got back to the proper chapter.

Eidan

Regarding Arya and Mellisandre, I just rewatched the scene about the eyes and the way it's worded it definitely sounds like the eye colors mentioned would be shut forever, and not referring to Arya
going blind

I like how Jaqen's theme plays during that scene.

Azar

All of Arya's dialogue in the last episode was really bad. She runs up to Melisandre and says something like "You're going to hurt him!" And then just stands there and pouts at her and does nothing, which was their setup for Mel to spout some foreshadowing shit. Arya would be trying to steal a sword and stab her or punch her or something. Weak stuff.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I need to start reading the books again. There's a problem, however. I can't remember where I am in the books (I'm somewhere in the later half of book 3). Is there a good resource online I could use to find out? I could try to find out by reading, but it would probably take me a few hours before I got back to the proper chapter.

There are chapter by chapter synopses out there.

Be careful of spoilers, but it should be ok if you stick to the synopses pages.

Speevy

Banned

the disney thing is just a joke. she's had way too easy of a ride in the show. harrenhal wasn't all that bad, and after that she just wanders around the countryside with her friends, where there doesn't seem to be a war going on. they give her too many cheesy lines, and when she needs to express real emotion, it doesn't seem genuine at all to me, her delivery just isn't convincing. i'm not going to give her a break because she's a cute teenage girl, i don't think she's doing the character justice, and the writers don't seem to be helping her in that

I completely disagree with you. Arya Stark is a child who had her father taken away from her.

Without some serious montages and ridiculous over-development, they've managed to show her escaping one place and getting into all sorts of trouble, as a child would.

This show has had 26 episodes, and has managed to juggle dozens of different story threads from one end of the world to another.

If they had started with a different actress, they would have had to pick another Sansa, because the two make believable sisters. They're just girls. One's a princess, the other's a tomboy, and their lives have been and continue to be torn apart.

Arya's story is one of adventure, not war or torture.

Eidan

All of Arya's dialogue in the last episode was really bad. She runs up to Melisandre and says something like "You're going to hurt him!" And then just stands there and pouts at her and does nothing, which was their setup for Mel to spout some foreshadowing shit. Arya would be trying to steal a sword and stab her or punch her or something. Weak stuff.

Would that somehow have been an improvement on the scene?

Dysun

tumblr_m4dhu5vjOU1qiernro2_250.gif

Eidan

I thought Arya's "I can be your family" was one of the sweetest moments in the series, book or show. Your views suck.

TheExodu5

Banned
Question. Reading the synopsis, it seems there's a bit of a divergence in this season from the books, regarding Harenhall:
Apparently the Brave Companions have Harrenhal in the books. What was their role early in book 3 and how did they obtain Harrenhal? My memory is quite hazy concerning those details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom