• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

I hadn't really thought about it before, but ASOS
Arya arriving at the Twins is really the key to making the next episode work on television. I thought the whole thing might be telegraphed too much, what with it being the end of episode 9 and all, but it would be perfectly plausible to have a happy Stark reunion ending to it as well. Hopefully they play it up a lot to keep people guessing.

I hadn't really thought about it before, but ASOS
Arya arriving at the Twins is really the key to making the next episode work on television. I thought the whole thing might be telegraphed too much, what with it being the end of episode 9 and all, but it would be perfectly plausible to have a happy Stark reunion ending to it as well. Hopefully they play it up a lot to keep people guessing.

ASOS
They'll almost have two Stark reunions at the wedding and at Queenscrown.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Season 4 ASOS/Series
Moving on from the RW speculation, I REALLY hope they nail Joffrey's death. While i knew he'd eventually get it, it just came out of nowhere. And I really hope the episode is played up just as Joffrey and Margery's wedding. I hope there is zero set up with foreshadowing by Olenna and the other Tyrells. Let them explain it after the fact, or not until later. I wouldn't mind if the show give no evidence it was the Tyrells and lets the audience think at the end of S4 that it was Tyrion, after his talk with Jamie. I hope they don't reference Sansa's hair clip other than her receiving it. Just as Robb'd death next week is going to shock people and come out of nowhere (hopefully) as a very depressing moment, I hope they equally have Joffrey's come out of nowhere with a shocking bit of jubilance for the viewers.

Chuckie

Season 4 ASOS/Series
Moving on from the RW speculation, I REALLY hope they nail Joffrey's death. While i knew he'd eventually get it, it just came out of nowhere. And I really hope the episode is played up just as Joffrey and Margery's wedding. I hope there is zero set up with foreshadowing by Olenna and the other Tyrells. Let them explain it after the fact, or not until later. I wouldn't mind if the show give no evidence it was the Tyrells and lets the audience think at the end of S4 that it was Tyrion, after his talk with Jamie. I hope they don't reference Sansa's hair clip other than her receiving it. Just as Robb'd death next week is going to shock people and come out of nowhere (hopefully) as a very depressing moment, I hope they equally have Joffrey's come out of nowhere with a shocking bit of jubilance for the viewers.

Season 4 ASOS/Series
Personally his death was a bit disappointing to me. Not enough suffering and humiliation

Season 4 ASOS/Series
Personally his death was a bit disappointing to me. Not enough suffering and humiliation

ASOS
I liked it because of how pathetic it was. He's King Joffrey and he goes out choking to death on wedding food. He probably envisioned himself going out in a blaze of glory or something. Instead he gets to watch his mom watch him go out like the little shitty 13 year old he was.

Chuckie

ASOS
I liked it because of how pathetic it was. He's King Joffrey and he goes out choking to death on wedding food. He probably envisioned himself going out in a blaze of glory or something. Instead he gets to watch his mom watch him go out like the little shitty 13 year old he was.

You do have a point there too. We'll see in season 4 and I might reconsider my opinion hehe.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ASOS

Pretty much this.
It wasn't glorious, it wasn't epic. And in the end, he was only killed because the Tyrell's weren't going to get their Margary be wed to a sadistic child.

You guys, I think next week's episode will be completely devoid of exciting bits.

tyrion-approves-game-of-thrones.gif

BTW: This thread has more censored lines of text than Langley.

ASoS:
I convinced my friend who has heard about the Red Wedding that "wedding" can imply "a wedding anniversary or its celebration &#8212;usually used in combination <a golden wedding>" hence "RED" Wedding. So I said, "who JUST got married last week?" He totally bought it. He thinks something is going to happen to Sansa because of Tyrion neglecting his duties since the Lannister's colors are primarily red.

Tacitus_

ASoS:
I convinced my friend who has heard about the Red Wedding that "wedding" can imply "a wedding anniversary or its celebration —usually used in combination <a golden wedding>" hence "RED" Wedding. So I said, "who JUST got married last week?" He totally bought it. He thinks something is going to happen to Sansa because of Tyrion neglecting his duties since the Lannister's colors are primarily red.

You evil man :lol

ASoS:
I convinced my friend who has heard about the Red Wedding that "wedding" can imply "a wedding anniversary or its celebration —usually used in combination <a golden wedding>" hence "RED" Wedding. So I said, "who JUST got married last week?" He totally bought it. He thinks something is going to happen to Sansa because of Tyrion neglecting his duties since the Lannister's colors are primarily red.

Same. ASOS
I did the exact same thing to a coworker. "RED dude, like the cloak he put on her." Totally bought it. Good times.

My friend thinks it's going to be
Someone losing their virginity so their will be blood. He's totally convinced we'll be getting a full blown sex scene

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We say you're evil or a dick for doing things like that, but I think it shows how cool most the book readers are. They want people to enjoy the surprise. Most don't want to spoil anything and will even play the shell game with people who think they've been spoiled to throw them off the trail so they can still be surprised.

It's pretty awesome when you think about it.

bengraven

ASoS:

ibzsBSA0BYyeoZ.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Now, we might want people to enjoy the surprise, but that doesn't mean we book readers don't get some sick pleasure in watching the reactions.

ASOS
Anyone here NOT going to be watching the no-books thread like a hawk next Sunday?

Leeness

ASoS:

I said it earlier in the thread but (ASoS)
I have my sister convinced Joffrey is dying next episode and that a few other characters die, so she thinks Joffrey, Cersei and Margaery. She also asked "none of the Starks are going to be there, right? They're the only family I like other than Tyrion."

So she's super excited to see Joffrey bite it, haha. OOPS.

Tacitus_

Now, we might want people to enjoy the surprise, but that doesn't mean we book readers don't get some sick pleasure in watching the reactions.

ASOS
Anyone here NOT going to be watching the no-books thread like a hawk next Sunday?

I'm thinking of pulling an all-nighter just to feed on the reactions that night

Speevy

Banned
ASOS, re: Joffrey

Game of Thrones isn't a show that often dwells too much on mysteries. We had the question of who really ordered Bran's assassination attempt or who Joffrey's parents are, but beyond that, they really only mention the past to strengthen the series lore.

That being the case, I think it might be a good idea to make Joffrey's killer clear from the onset. Have some scenes in which Joffrey just alienates himself from everyone. Tywin disowns him. He mistreats Margaery. Cersei hates him. Basically they should make him look like the piece of shit he is to those who would normally tolerate him.

Then have a wedding feast scene in which Olenna is just having some sly conversation with Joffrey, and he drops dead. She could give a little smug look as he's gasping for air and everyone thinks Tyrion did it.

dubq

One good thing about the next episode ASOS
we'll get to see at least one direwolf again. They've dropped the ball on those furry bastards so badly.

Not really. The
warging
* maybe. Not the wolves themselves, though. Or did you want AGOT: Look Who's Talking Now: The TV Series?

*Then again, it's toned down for a good reason, so I wouldn't even call that "dropping the ball."

I'm really wary of what I say in the "No Book Spoilers" thread. I feel afraid to even discuss stuff that's canon in the show since I may have extra knowledge somehow by reading the books, or that one couldn't infer my point just from show scenes or something.

CassSept

[series]
I think I will miss this thread looking like confidential documents. Oh sure, there is still a lot of bombs as we are getting into back half of ASOS, but I doubt that after RW it will ever reach the black bar saturation that was achieved on some of the pages here.

Tacitus_

I'm really wary of what I say in the "No Book Spoilers" thread. I feel afraid to even discuss stuff that's canon in the show since I may have extra knowledge somehow by reading the books, or that one couldn't infer my point just from show scenes or something.

If in doubt, check the show wiki. It has episode summaries and citations to the viewers guide/dvd extras.

[series]
I think I will miss this thread looking like confidential documents. Oh sure, there is still a lot of bombs as we are getting into back half of ASOS, but I doubt that after RW it will ever reach the black bar saturation that was achieved on some of the pages here.

ASOS
shieeet, purple wedding, the battle at the wall, the trial, valar morghulis... the next season is going to be even worse :D

Bread

Banned
so why do you post in there? there's seriously no reason to. leave them be.

Can book readers please help monitor the non-reader thread and report things to mods?

The user 'Zoso Achilles' really gave away something big in the other thread, in a ridiculous way.

One of the readers in the other thread speculated that Varys just want what is good for the realm and doesn't particularly care who is King.

Zoso Achillies, who is clearly a book reader, came in the thread just to quote that person and say "lol".

Now it seems obvious to anyone with half a brain that further down the story we're going to learn that Varys does care about who is King, and that has huge implications for his character and the story in general.

The person whose post he quoted said he's done with this thread because of this sort of speculation.

So again, I asked the 95% of people in this thread who do a good job of not spoiling things to help monitor the other thread more and report things to mods.

I'm having a mental blank guys. Why in [ASOS]
Is Edmure not killed at the RW? And what happens to him afterwards?

Series
They want a Frey heir from him. In AFFC it's mentioned that once his Frey wife gets knocked up, he's as good as dead. But thinking about it, I forget why they need an heir from him. Riverrun was given to that one Frey and Tywin's sister.

GRRM did a Q&A this weekend and confirmed that in addition to auditioning
Styr
which was already known, they're also looking at
Mace Tyrell and Oberyn Martell

Not really a huge surprise, but it's nice to at least have confirmation for
Mace Tyrell making it in next season.
(Not really sure if this needs spoiler tags, but better safe than sorry)

Series
They want a Frey heir from him. In AFFC it's mentioned that once his Frey wife gets knocked up, he's as good as dead. But thinking about it, I forget why they need an heir from him. Riverrun was given to that one Frey and Tywin's sister.
That always confused me a bit SERIES
because they stripped him of his titles, so what's the point?
GRRM did a Q&A this weekend and confirmed that in addition to auditioning
Styr
which was already known, they're also looking at
Mace Tyrell and Oberyn Martell

Not really a huge surprise, but it's nice to at least have confirmation for
Mace Tyrell making it in next season.
(Not really sure if this needs spoiler tags, but better safe than sorry)

Just glanced at it and saw a comment about Neil Marshall, have they ever said who the original director of that episode was?

I'm having a mental blank guys. Why in [ASOS]
Is Edmure not killed at the RW? And what happens to him afterwards?

ASOS/AFFC
Killing Edmure was never part of the plan as his marriage to the Frey girl (and their unborn child) are still important.

He's held by the Freys as a bargaining chip while they siege Riverrun until Jaime shows up and diffuses the conflict by taking Edmure from the Freys and getting Blackfish to surrender. He becomes a hostage to be treated well at Casterly Rock.

ShinAmano

Ugh...at family cookout my sister spoiled my wife on the events at the twins. I was pissed.

She sais she was reading the books and she was halfway through the second and that she was watching the show so I asked her what she thought would happen at the end of the season.

She went on to bullet point the major parts of the RW before I could stop her.

Ugh...at family cookout my sister spoiled my wife on the events at the twins. I was pissed.

She sais she was reading the books and she was halfway through the second and that she was watching the show so I asked her what she thought would happen at the end of the season.

She went on to bullet point the major parts of the RW before I could stop her.

I'd disown my sister if she pulled this shit.

ShinAmano

I'd disown my sister if she pulled this shit.

Yeah...lets just say there was not much more conversation after that.

Thing is...I was really looking forward to that in the show and seeing my wife's reaction. RAGGGGEEEE.

She could have easily said...I know what happens I read the wiki.

aFIGurANT

I feel bad for all the (SOS)
female, dog loving viewers who think Robb and his direwolf are the coolest - I know I wanted to cry and I'm not an emotional person generally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom