• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezrarh

I'd say they've done a very good job with casting for the most part. I have full faith in Nina and the crew to pick the right actors for the new characters next season.

ASOS
Talisa should die first, IMO. Robb needs to know just how wrong he was and that his actions, at least in part, resulted in the death of his unborn child and heir.

I've never figured out why GAF harps on
"how wrong Robb was" and how the Red Wedding and the fate of the North in the war is all his fault. He's a kid for Christ's sake. He's a character that you're supposed to feel sympathy for. He was so young that he is still wearing his heart on his sleeve and follows it. He won every battle that he fought, he was probably the most just and honorable king of the "kings" fighting as far as treatment of his own people goes. Did he break an oath? Yes he did. And it obviously cost him, his family and the North greatly. But you all act as if he deserved it the Red Wedding. Do any of you remember what its like to be young? Or to be torn by love interest(s)? Robb is supposed to be a character that readers symphathize with and cringe at the loss of. But everyone around here acts like it's cut and dry. "He didn't want to marry an ugly girl from a dishonorable family, so he deserves what he gets and he should know it's all his fault." In a world filled with men incest and prostitution, the guy who follows his heart (albeit at the cost of a marriage promise) is the bad guy. Makes sense.

"how wrong Robb was" and how the Red Wedding and the fate of the North in the war is all his fault. He's a kid for Christ's sake. He's a character that you're supposed to feel sympathy for. He was so young that he is still wearing his heart on his sleeve and follows it. He won every battle that he fought, he was probably the most just and honorable king of the "kings" fighting as far as treatment of his own people goes. Did he break an oath? Yes he did. And it obviously cost him, his family and the North greatly. But you all act as if he deserved it the Red Wedding. Do any of you remember what its like to be young? Or to be torn by love interest(s)? Robb is supposed to be a character that readers symphathize with and cringe at the loss of. But everyone around here acts like it's cut and dry. "He didn't want to marry an ugly girl from a dishonorable family, so he deserves what he gets and he should know it's all his fault." In a world filled with men incest and prostitution, the guy who follows his heart (albeit at the cost of a marriage promise) is the bad guy. Makes sense.

Your quote has broken spoiler tags, fix that.

ido

Still disappointed about the new casting for The Mountain last season.

ASOS
Is there any hope at all we can get Stevens back for Season 4? Viper vs. The Mountain would not be right with the actor they used in Season 2, imo... Just would not be right.

Another thing that upsets me about the show is how very little The Mountain is shown or talked about. In the book he was like some kind of fucking nightmare. The show does not give the viewer the impression of just how terrible this guy is, imo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Because Jon isn't a fuckup. Acok
Jon had a chance to run from his responsibilities and he didn't. He did what he vowed to do, and was rewarded for it. You'd be right if there wasn't Jon to contrast him up there, with even more responsibility on his head than Robb.

Maybe if every Stark kid was a fuckup like Robb, but even though Ned is dead he's still a main character. His kids are always thinking about him, and what he would do. Jon constantly thinks about his father and his choices, and Robb always invokes his name as if to say "I was raised by Ned Stark I do the honorable thing when no one else will" even though he's more Robert than Ned.

You even see that a girl he could've had is actually kind and pretty, and whatever Frey says he still gave him men to die for Robb and a crossing when he needed it most for RELATIVELY good terms. Rebelling against the throne for someone else doesn't come cheap.

Jon is best Stark.

Fix your quoted spoiler tags.

ASOS
And I do feel bad for Robb. It is tragic. But he was a dumb stubborn kid and that was his downfall, as his mother pretty much told him it would be.

He obviously didn't deserve the RW, but that doesn't change the fact that his dumb mistake allowed his enemies to take advantage of his situation and bring him down.

ASOS:
In I think Episode 3, Cat is talking to the Blackfish and breaks down about how she'll never see Bran and Rickon again thinking that they're dead while the Blackfish telling her Robb thinks they're alive. It's not quite the same, but at this point I think it's as close to what we're going to get.

Good call, will probably rewatch the first few episodes of the season this week. I don't think there is logically any way they can reveal what Theon did to the boys at Winterfell prior to the wedding anyways.

You know, people have joked about me being a mod before, but this is one of those times where I wish I was, so I could fix that spoiler tag myself. >.<

I love the other thread sometimes. Series:
Somebody totally nailed the Jon Targaryen connection. Dragon has gotta have three heads son!

It kinda
upsets me a little actually, because he mentioned he got the theory from talking with a friend about it, and that friend is likely a book reader. There haven't been hints about the Targ connection AT ALL in the series. I think you wouldn't be able to pick up on that unless you were a book reader, personally.

Eosos just bought himself a pretty big ban...

And I feel bad for the spoiler on this page and I can't do anything about it, even though it was my quote ;_;

That's bullshit though, he's clearly intentionally doing it just to be an asshole. Permaban is needed on that one.

well, if they ban him or anything else everyone will know it was true. what an idiot.

At this point, with it just right there, I think the best move is to ban, edit and just cut your losses.

Fiction needs to be our Mod in the North.

Tacitus_

I hope it's a perm, christ people can be assholes. Again with me wishing I was a mod just until the end of this season.

6 months, but maybe they'll make an exception

Hope you wouldn't ban me. Might've veered a bit too close to teasing them but I didn't mention anything specific.

6 months, but maybe they'll make an exception

Hope you wouldn't ban me. Might've veered a bit too close to teasing them but I didn't mention anything specific.

Naw, wouldn't have banned you, but yeah, what you put was crossing the line for that thread. No worries, we all make mistakes :)

They don't need to audition for Oberyn, just give it to Oded Fehr.

Sayidlost.PNG

^ One of the few redeeming qualities from that roller coaster of stupidity.

Oded is a boss too though.

(ASOS)
None of us should post in that thread about how shitty it is, please, since that will confirm that it's a spoiler.
Edit: Good call, ultron.

Edit: Also, the picture two posts above me is my real not ridiculous choice for
the Viper
. My dream person will not get cast, and is very ridiculous. :p

Tacitus_

Naw, wouldn't have banned you, but yeah, what you put was crossing the line for that thread. No worries, we all make mistakes :)

Just watched the Kingsroad scene between Bobby B and Ned as well. Odd that they don't mention AGOT
Ned bringing the boy with him to Winterfell from the rebellion

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
None of us should post in that thread about how shitty it is, please, since that will confirm that it's a spoiler.

Edit: Also, the picture two posts above me is my real not ridiculous choice for
the Viper
. My dream person will not get cast, and is very ridiculous. :p

You should probably tag your post just in case.

LordCanti

[series]
Eosos is definitely a book reader too: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36683998&highlight=#post36683998 What a stupid asshole to commit account suicide this way.

Series
I've been telling people I know to just read the books because there's no way they'd stay unspoiled for four or five plus years. There's always going to be that one asshole, like the guys that bought the last volume of Harry Potter early and then drove by every Barnes and Noble in town at midnight launches and screamed the conclusion to the series out their window.

ultron87

Does anyone who hasn't read the books even post in this thread anymore? Genuinely curious.

I'd hope not. [ASOS]
If they haven't figured out by now that something on the level of Ned's death is coming up in the next episode from everything that has been outside of spoiler tags on these last few pages they have no reading comprehension.

Vyer

series
man, that's a shitty thing to do. though honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened frequently with that non book thread. I feel bad for those folks; not because they haven't read the books, because people seem so hellbent on screwing up their enjoyment as TV watchers. :(

series
man, that's a shitty thing to do. though honestly I'm surprised it hasn't happened frequently with that non book thread. I feel bad for those folks; not because they haven't read the books, because people seem so hellbent on screwing up their enjoyment as TV watchers. :(

series
Yep, all you can do is limit the damage.

At least
Hopefully only a few people were spoiled, and the ban confirms it's a spoiler, which is shitty but necessary. I am trying to think of a clever way to wipe the spoiler from minds without being a 'Oh yeah, totally not a spoiler, don't worry about it.' asshole come next episode heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom