• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
asos
will the RW or PW have a better reaction in the other thread?

ASOS/Series
They really can't be compared. One is what has basically been presented as "The good guys" getting slaughtered, totally changing the dynamic of the show. The other is one of the most hated characters on the show (I figure it has to come down to Ramsay or Joffrey at for most) suddenly choke to death because he's such a little shit that his wifes family were trying to protect her.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Made this for gaming side.

iNBWN3xpSLliX.gif

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I completely agree with everything you posted but what I responded to was bullshit.
He didn't have to be a part of Robb's rebellion and the deal he made to be a part of it should've been kept on Robb's part. I understand he was just a boy but he doesn't have that excuse in the show.

Letting the army through to relieve Riverrun from the Lannister siege isn't rebellion against the throne, it's duty to his lords (Edmure & his invalid dad). Robb hadn't been made a king yet, and there were riverlands lords with him. It would be choosing a side in a war that everyone could see was coming, but technically it was the Lannisters who attacked first and broke the peace.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it. Well, Hoster was pretty much a bedridden dementia patient at that point, but then again, Edmure was a prisoner. Cheers for picking that up, next time someone posts a squat form check vid in the fitness thread I'll be the one to tell them they're using low-bar mechanics with a high-bar position, save you the trouble.

Noema

Damn it. Well, Hoster was pretty much a bedridden dementia patient at that point, but then again, Edmure was a prisoner. Cheers for picking that up, next time someone posts a squat form check vid in the fitness thread I'll be the one to tell them they're using low-bar mechanics with a high-bar position, save you the trouble.

You know, I actually deleted my post the second after I hit reply since I immediately realized it was super nitpicky and unnecessary even by thisisneogaf.gif standards. Didn't think you'd have time to see it. . :p

Now I feel like an asshole :( :p

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I actually deleted my post the second after I hit reply since I immediately realized it was super nitpicky and unnecessary even by thisisneogaf.gif standards. Didn't think you'd have time to see it. . :p

Now I feel like an asshole :( :p

Don't, it was perfectly fine to point out. I'm serious about the fitgaf thing, btw. Now that I think about it, we might be better off with a flowchart for quick and easy reference. "Is the bar across the back of your shoulders? > No > Stop sitting back."

Well now you have post it again
For the sake of all of our curiosities
He just pointed out that Hoster was still technically lord of the riverlands when Riverrun was under siege, I originally said Frey wasn't doing his duty to Edmure.

Blatz

I'm really interested in

series

what the showrunners will devote the most time to once Robb, Cat, Joffrey, and Tywin are dead. I know there are dozens of characters on this show, but they'll have to choose some storyline that serves as their main draw, right?

They'll probably create some stuff for
Margarey, Arya, Loras, and Sam
to do.

Tacitus_

Going through those interviews, spoiler in the Ellie Kendrick one ASOS
Has a scene with Hannah Murray (Gilly) which has to be the Nightfort (I think most people expected that to make it into this season of course)

There's a track called SERIES
Reek

YES

Don't know if it has been posted yet, but it's happening: (spoiler ep9)

http://i.imgur.com/DCMF3eS.jpg

16 - 5:44

sigh

ASOS
I really hope they don't end this season with Jon preparing the Watch for the Wildling scouting party's attack; the soundtrack seems to suggest the last scene will either be the battle or a cliff hanger right before the battle starts. I don't see how they can do that, especially considering they ended last season on such a big cliff hanger only to start S3 without showing any of the Fist of the First Men battle. Viewers would probably react negatively to another "battle/confrontation about to start...fade to black" because they'll expect to be shortchanged again.

I felt Jon was under represented through much of the first half of this season, and the lack of early investment in his story could lead to a rather boring finale for him. Ep 9 features Queenscrown, and will likely end with him escaping/getting shot by Ygritte. I bet Ep 10 will just be him getting to the Wall and giving a "for the realm" speech to rally the troops...

They'll probably create some stuff for
Margarey, Arya, Loras, and Sam
to do.

(AFFC)
My guess is they will spend some time with Dorne , starting with next season simply to get the characters introduced for their main arcs in season 5+ (or perhaps the end of season 4) The Viper will obviously have to be introduced I would think

sigh

ASOS
I really hope they don't end this season with Jon preparing the Watch for the Wildling scouting party's attack; the soundtrack seems to suggest the last scene will either be the battle or a cliff hanger right before the battle starts. I don't see how they can do that, especially considering they ended last season on such a big cliff hanger only to start S3 without showing any of the Fist of the First Men battle. Viewers would probably react negatively to another "battle/confrontation about to start...fade to black" because they'll expect to be shortchanged again.

I felt Jon was under represented through much of the first half of this season, and the lack of early investment in his story could lead to a rather boring finale for him. Ep 9 features Queenscrown, and will likely end with him escaping/getting shot by Ygritte. I bet Ep 10 will just be him getting to the Wall and giving a "for the realm" speech to rally the troops...

I think it's too early for this in the series but ASOS
I was kind of hoping that For the Realm was a reference to Stannis becoming awesome.

Small spoiler from the Meera Reed (Ellie Kendrick) interview:
She has a scene with Hannah Murray this season so we should definitely see the black gate.

I think it's too early for this in the series but ASOS
I was kind of hoping that For the Realm was a reference to Stannis becoming awesome.

To throw a third option in there ASOS
If Cat is the end of the season, I think we'll see it contextualized from Beric and Thoros' point of view, and I could see "for the realm" being in there.

It really ticks me off that so few of the principle cast have read the books. There's so much insight to be gained into the minds of the characters. You'd think that as an actor you would want to seek our such resources and study them.

Snake

I think it's a little premature to be worrying about the final scene based on that track title.

I searched for uses of the phrase in the first four books, and [Series]
there's one instance in AGoT from Jon, a couple from Tyrion chapters in ACoK, one from the Red Viper in ASoS, and none from AFfC.

It could be a Jon scene, could be Stannis, could be something new that we can't even guess.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It really ticks me off that so few of the principle cast have read the books. There's so much insight to be gained into the minds of the characters. You'd think that as an actor you would want to seek our such resources and study them.

I'm just guessing, but I would think that they are given direction about how to play a character by the producers and directors, who probably have a better idea of character insight. What's the difference if the producer, who read the books, knows the insight, and just tells the actors what to do with it?

Iksenpets

Banned

I think a lot of actors avoid the source material when working on an adaptation, for fear that if the adaptation chooses to change something, they'll still be inadvertently playing the character as they know it from the source material, and not the character that the producer of their adaptation wants.

Going through those interviews, spoiler in the Ellie Kendrick one ASOS
Has a scene with Hannah Murray (Gilly) which has to be the Nightfort (I think most people expected that to make it into this season of course)

(Series)
Makes me wonder what they're going to do with Bran for the next 3-4 seasons, then. That's the end of his Storm plot, and he only has 3 chapters in Dance. They're going to be stretching things really thin with him.

(Series)
Makes me wonder what they're going to do with Bran for the next 3-4 seasons, then. That's the end of his Storm plot, and he only has 3 chapters in Dance. They're going to be stretching things really thin with him.

Series
Yeah, they're really going to have add some stuff with Bran if they plan on keeping him around in any meaningful way. And kind of the same with Arya. After this season Arya only has 2 ASOS chapters (I think) and then only 5 in AFFC/ADWD. If they're smart they'll expand on the Arya/Hound relationship and have some sort of buildup to their fight against the Mountain's men. A lot could be done there, and it'd almost certainly be more relevant to Arya's development as a character than her time with Tywin.

RaidenZR

Series
Yeah, they're really going to have add some stuff with Bran if they plan on keeping him around in any meaningful way. And kind of the same with Arya. After this season Arya only has 2 ASOS chapters (I think) and then only 5 in AFFC/ADWD. If they're smart they'll expand on the Arya/Hound relationship and have some sort of buildup to their fight against the Mountain's men. A lot could be done there, and it'd almost certainly be more relevant to Arya's development as a character than her time with Tywin.

I agree. [AFFC / ADWD]
Also, I have been listening to the audiobooks of AFFC and ADWD in the combined order lately and the Arya chapters are ripe for delving into further. Her Bravos sidestories and mini-adventures could be good filler. There's large opportunity to show a colorful cast of extras with lots of worldbuild-ey fluff in their dialogue. The Kindly Man will make for a good acting role, I bet, and the character will likely get more to do.

Series

Series
I think the big difference with Arya is that a lot of time passes in her chapters in Feast and Dance. There might only be a few of them, but they often get us caught up on several months worth of her life, and they can easily build up plenty of story out of what Arya gets up to in Braavos. And next season they have her traveling with the Hound, and they can easily have them just travel around a bit more (and maybe stay in the Vale for a few episodes before getting sent on their way).

Bran's tricky in that if he passes through the Wall this season, there's little that's really left for them to do, and I don't think viewers would really want two whole seasons of Bran traveling through the North trying to meet the 3EC, followed by another two seasons of him just sitting around in a cave, yet there's not a whole lot they can do. They can't really just have them run into other characters now that they're beyond the Wall, so I have a hard time imagining what exactly they can do. (They could probably get some content out of the Knight of the Laughing Tree story and some more scenes of Bran learning to skinchange, but there's only so much to be done there, and none of if would get them an entire season's worth of content)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom