• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, they're doing it to anyone that has the fact that they're a book reader in the post. Basically replying to it with "You're getting banned now". It's ridiculous.

I've only read the first book and from that post I got nothing. They didn't say there was a major aftermath, all they asked is if they showed anything post-slaughter or just faded to black after everyone was killed.

Well it is true. If you mention the books in that thread you will be banned. At least Three have fallen so far, not including dumbass spoiler guy.

Yeah, no one can expect an aftermath when the King in the North gets slaughtered. Their tongue-in-cheek attitude probably killed it, but they didn't spoil anything. Anyone with a brain would know there's an aftermath.

Easy to say that now.

For all we KNEW the story could have shifted completely to other peripheral characters from that point for a while. It would not be unprecedented.

A small spoiler is still a spoiler.

blackflag

I think <series>
they're gonna keep Jon Snow alive. He's too important, the other Stark boys are too young/incapable, and while he'll never win the iron throne I think he's possibly the most important character left.

ADWD spoiler
there's absolutely zero chance he stays dead and by that I don't mean coming back like a zombie either. He dies, gets resurrected, fulfills prophesy, and since he technically died, is free from his oath to the black.
that's gotta be it right?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
ADWD spoiler
there's absolutely zero chance he stays dead and by that I don't mean coming back like a zombie either. He dies, gets resurrected, fulfills prophesy, and since he technically died, is free from his oath to the black.

Adwd
No way he stays dead. But that in itself sucks. He has balked too many times with death.

Yeah, they're doing it to anyone that has the fact that they're a book reader in the post. Basically replying to it with "You're getting banned now". It's ridiculous.

I've only read the first book and from that post I got nothing. They didn't say there was a major aftermath, all they asked is if they showed anything post-slaughter or just faded to black after everyone was killed. Of course something happens after the slaughter. What, does the whole universe stop after tonight's episode? Must be a boring last few books then.

There's another guy who basically said, "Ever since reading the books, I couldn't wait to see it on screen." and people tried jumping down his throat as if he said ANYTHING remotely spoilerish at all. It's getting a little ridiculous in there, frankly.

ramyeon

There's another guy who basically said, "Ever since reading the books, I couldn't wait to see it on screen." and people tried jumping down his throat as if he said ANYTHING remotely spoilerish at all. It's getting a little ridiculous in there, frankly.
He also got banned for saying that.

Hystzen

ADWD spoiler

ADWD
well Martin could do opposite and make it permanent due to fact Jon not dying is obvious. plus the whole people think Jon is a targaryen theory people have put together which he might be upset about being noticed who knows

Rengoku

I've only read the first book and from that post I got nothing. They didn't say there was a major aftermath, all they asked is if they showed anything post-slaughter or just faded to black after everyone was killed. Of course something happens after the slaughter. What, does the whole universe stop after tonight's episode? Must be a boring last few books then.

The supposed "No mentioning of the book at all" is a clear cut rule, its easier to regulate. Many people treat spoilers differently, some may not care about being spoiled on little deviations between the book and the show, others do. The point is, without the "no book mention" rule, there will be constant bickering about whether something someone said was spoiler territory or not. Theres just no easy way to regulate that.

Dawg

LtmQUq6.jpg

lol

Gvaz

Banned
The supposed "No mentioning of the book at all" is a clear cut rule, its easier to regulate. Many people treat spoilers differently, some may not care about being spoiled on little deviations between the book and the show, others do. The point is, without the "no book mention" rule, there will be constant bickering about whether something someone said was spoiler territory or not. Theres just no easy way to regulate that.

Yeah there is. read the fucking books

Sorry. I'm just getting angry now.

Kalnos

Banned
ADWD spoiler

ADWD/Series
No character has ever died in their own PoV (except the prologue characters). So I doubt he's 'dead'.

And yeah.. the people in the other thread are something else.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shit's going over board in there now. ricochetguro got banned and he didn't even spoil a goddamn thing.

Trasher

Haven't even gone into the other thread yet. I'll sift through that minefield in the morning I think.

Bish is in complete shock mode. He is banning people who haven't even said anything apparently? Dude is just too emotionally compromised to be moderating that thread!

Altazor

I think they're banning for "gloating" now. Dangerous. I'll still lurk that other thread but I don't think I'll post there (even something non-spoilerish or non-book related) anymore. I don't want to be banned.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ADWD/Series
No character has ever died in their own PoV (except the prologue characters). So I doubt he's 'dead'.

And yeah.. the people in the other thread are something else.

ADWD
I don't think he'll die at all. The Red Priests seem to have the ability to heal people who aren't straight-up dead.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Bish made a post saying if you mentioned the books you would be banned. He mentioned the books.
Yeah, I think Bish was pretty upfront about that and very clear about his intentions. Fair or not, they were warned.

I would hope that the people not posting spoilers were only banned for a short while.

Trasher

Anyone else happy with how the Talisa character unfolded? Really glad they didn't make her a Lannister spy like some were theorizing. The whole talk she had with Robb about teaching young Ned how to ride horses really hit me in the feels knowing what was about to happen. I thought it was a nice addition compared to the book version in having that extra emotional weight there.

Dawg

I read like 50 pages at night at best.

And I usually quit earlier if the last chapter is Dany.

Or Arya.

Or Samwell.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
i always figured he'd die then get resurrected so he can be free of the black. Seems like a good way to go.

ADWD
Yeah, but apparently getting rezzed makes you kind of weird/crazy. I just didn't think we'd see that a third time. In fact, I think its even more likely Jon wargs into Ghost and just stays in a coma for a while while he recovers.

RaidenZR

I don't know what small part of me was looking forward to seeing that on screen, but in hindsight I have no idea why my brain every entertained that thought. That was absolutely brutal, much harder to watch than I expected.

Fuch

I guess I'll do a content roundup at some point.

Valar Dohaeris, Steely.

hawk2025

Look, I understand this discussion has been going on in this thread and the other one for a while now, but I figured I'd throw my hat on the ring as well.

It's an intense, sensitive episode, and spoilers have been posted many times in that thread since it was created. Some see posting back story that was only in the books as spoilers, some see posting how "things went" in the books as spoilers as well, since it can telegraph other future events.

There is NO way to have a reasonable "line" of what is or isn't considered a spoiler in this case. There's always someone that says backstory isn't a spoiler, saying how something happened in the book isn't a spoiler, or how a minor event isn't a spoiler.

This simply doesn't matter from the perspective of someone who does NOT know whether or not it is, **and** who also potentially has a different threshold for spoilers as someone else. The solution, of course, is EXTREMELY simple and was not being respected at all today -- there is to be absolutely no book discussion in the thread. At all. Period. Full stop. It doesn't matter whether or not you think it's ridiculous, or an overreaction, or somehow *you* know that it isn't a spoiler, but the people reading it actually don't! If it's in the books, it's not to be posted in that thread, and that's it.

How is someone supposed to simply believe you when you tell them "this is no big deal, it's not a spoiler"?

Anyone else happy with how the Talisa character unfolded? Really glad they didn't make her a Lannister spy like some were theorizing. The whole talk she had with Robb about teaching young Ned how to ride horses really hit me in the feels knowing what was about to happen. I thought it was a nice addition compared to the book version in having that extra emotional weight there.

Yeah it was nice, glad they didn't do the "spy" thing. In a world with so many loveless relationships, it's nice to see a few exist, and of course fitting that it's a huge part of his downfall. The spy thing would have just been an unnecessary complication.

Also, I just have to mention, remember the multiple mentions from people in this thread that this was going to be "Renly 2.0" and no one will care that much? WHOOPS

Valar Dohaeris, Steely.

lol nice

It'll have to wait until tomorrow, I'm sure you lords will forgive me. Or invite me to a wedding and murder me, whatever works for you guys I guess.

Angry Grimace

Well if I remember correctly
Rob makes Jon his heir and a stark shortly before he dies. I just have no idea if the letter ever gets sent or read

ASOS
Actually he doesn't as far as we've been shown. That's just common speculation because there was a conversation between Robb and Catelyn about doing so.

I read the books, went into the episode with glee and anticipation. Turns out I wasn't ready.

I fucking hate this Roose (meaning the actor is doing his job). The way he was staring at Cat right before the shit went down was disgusting.

Hystzen

ADWD
Yeah, but apparently getting rezzed makes you kind of weird/crazy. I just didn't think we'd see that a third time. In fact, I think its even more likely Jon wargs into Ghost and just stays in a coma for a while while he recovers.

ADWD
I think Jon's body is going take more then simple leave it and chill in a coma to recover after being Ceasered like that. Even storing it in Ice cell wont heal the wounds that good he need some sort magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom