• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

So a few things:
-Sam stuff SERIES
So looks like no Coldhands, at least for now? I thought it was all but confirmed with all the emphasis of the birds last episode, but Sam knows about the Black Gate. If course they could still introduce him to Bran and Co beyond the wall early next season.
-Blackfish takes a leak.
Will that allow him to escape, will he be a prisoner at The Twins for now? I wonder if we'll find out next week.
Preview discussion ASOS
Shit at Roose on the top of the Twins and the burning Stark flag. In some actual speculation, looks like Jaime back in Kings Landing. Could be misleading, but he's standing with a wall behind him that looks way nicer than anything I think he'd encounter on the way to Kings Landing. Now, I don't think this comes as much of a surprise with the bear pit being in episode 7. After featuring him so heavily this season, I wouldn't expect him to just be gone for somewhere around 5-7 episodes in order to get him to Kings Landing after the royal wedding.

Your first tag:
I think they could still end with the two groups meeting in the Nightfort and having Coldhands make an appearance as the cliffhanger to the end of the season.

Second:
I think that's precisely the reason for him taking a piss. Sort of bummed we didn't have the Greatjohn. I was sort of expecting the Blackfish to take his spot sort of in this episode and take down a bunch of guys before he bought it like in the books. Oh well. Maybe we will see him again when Rickon and Osha make it to the Umbers now?

Pkaz01

Second half of ASOS
OBERYN MARTELL, fuck yes bring it on, and the tavern scene fuck yeaa do you think they make arya say the tickler words or I had an idea that they might make her sing the reign of castamere as she kills polliver instead

preview spoiler
I saw that jaimie snippet as well what the fuck? is he breaking the news to brienne already or what, and I hope the have arya take some freys out during their escape

Okay, I find it endlessly amusing that watching some of the Red Wedding reaction videos, the recommended videos are 'Why you should wear red at your wedding!' and 'Awesome red bridal gown.'

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For the most part, yeah. BIG SERIES SPOILERS
Arya should actually get one of the names off her list personally next season, if they follow the books. Jon will get another one probably in season 5 depending on how they do things and again if they stick to the books.

While I think the material is there, I don't think the show has what it takes to join those listed. We'll see. This season has certainly been a step up over last season, and maybe the trend will continue.

ASOS
Huh? Unless I'm forgetting some huge event, Arya doesn't actually kill the Hound, she just walks off and we don't find out what happens to him, and the other character she actually does kill is already dead in the TV show.

ASOS
Huh? Unless I'm forgetting some huge event, Arya doesn't actually kill the Hound, she just walks off and we don't find out what happens to him, and the other character she actually does kill is already dead in the TV show.

ASOS
Yeah, I was probably getting show deaths and book deaths confused. Who has Needle in the show and is he still alive?

ASOS

ASOS
probably Polliver since he still has needle and he's still alive, so I would think he'd end up taking the tickler's place

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ASOS
Yeah, I was probably getting show deaths and book deaths confused. Who has Needle in the show and is he still alive?

Polliver does, but I think he was in like 2 episodes and barely even named. I would be surprised if the TV show character is supposed to remember him.

Regarding the TV season 3 finale

Will we see the direwolf's head sewn on Robb's body? Just to rub it in again and hammer home that he is dead.

Also I have NO idea on which note they are going to end the season. I'm guessing Stoneheart because of the buildup and exposition of the lore behind it in the previous episodes?

Helmholtz

His reviews have been really annoying for a while but i'm still hoping the finale changes his mind somehow. It'll definitely be sad not to have his reviews to look forward to after every episode. His comments about wishing the Lannisters had been involved with the RW were painful as fuck though.
Just watched a bit of his latest video. I remember watching some of his reviews when the show first started, and I enjoyed his enthusiasm. Good lord, what happened? Dude seems super down on everything and not enjoying it. Probably best that he stops. And I mean, it's really his own fault for getting spoiled. If you're going to be a public figure talking about the show like that, you have to go out of your way to avoid comments and messages that might ruin your experience. And yeah, not sure how much more obvious it can get than "The Lannisters send their regards."

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
[ASoS]
I hope non-readers realize that Tywin sitting at a desk and writing letters for most of the season was setting this all up. Maybe they won't notice it until a re-watch.

Trasher

ASOS
probably Polliver since he still has needle and he's still alive, so I would think he'd end up taking the tickler's place

ASoS
I'm actually beginning to wonder if Needle even shows up again. I hope it does, but they haven't really focused on it. I honestly don't even remember when she lost it. When they were taken to Harrenhal I guess? It was never mentioned though I don't think. Hopefully they include the inn scene where she gets it back.

Azrael

Looking over the episode 10 promo, some things stand out:

Sam is with Pyp. What's that about? I wouldn't have thought he'd make it back to King's Landing that quickly. In fact, I assumed his meeting with Coldhands would be the final scene of the season.

Yara Greyjoy has been absent all season, but appears in the finale.

Sandor fights someone in the woods. I don't recall such a scene happening right after the wedding in the book.

ASoS
I'm actually beginning to wonder if Needle even shows up again. I hope it does, but they haven't really focused on it. I honestly don't even remember when she lost it. When they were taken to Harrenhal I guess? It was never mentioned though I don't think. Hopefully they include the inn scene where she gets it back.

ASOS
yeah, I think he grabbed it off her after Yoren died, and then used it to kill Lommy? And then before Tywin rode into Harrenhal there was a shot of her looking at Needle in Polliver's sword belt as if she was thinking about grabbing it and making a move or something. Pretty sure that was the last we saw of it before she became Tywin's serving girl

Pkaz01

Series spoiler regarding warging
so it seems like the show and the non-book readers view bran as the go to warg, while that is true in the books arya and jon are extraordinary wargs as well. Thats something the show hasn't shown us and it is crucial for them to do so when arya goes wargs nymeria to retain her starkness and wargs cats in braavos and when jon snow wargs ghost. When they start developing the other characters warg powers will it diminish brans in the eyes of the viewers as something not special? It seems like they have assigned rpg roles to the characters like bran the mage and arya the rogue/assassin but arya is a hell of a warg on her to be doing it from such distances and doing it to things like cats, will she come off as OP when she starts doing both?

Trasher

ASOS
yeah, I think he grabbed it off her after Yoren died, and then used it to kill Lommy? And then before Tywin rode into Harrenhal there was a shot of her looking at Needle in Polliver's sword belt as if she was thinking about grabbing it and making a move or something. Pretty sure that was the last we saw of it before she became Tywin's serving girl

Ah cool. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about all of that. It's sort of funny how much I mix things up between the show and the books once I've experienced both. Makes a lot of things fuzzy. =/

Did you accidentally post that second line in the other thread? lol

YUP.

I have 2 tabs open, one on this thread and the other. I even read the thread title and went "yup, this is the right thread" in my head and IT TOTALLY WASN'T. At the very least it wasn't a spoiler and I deleted the line as soon as I realized

Something that is going to be hilarious in S4 is:

(s4/sos/etc spoilers)
The Red Viper will absolutely be built up as a favored character as much as possible, he'll be fighting for a fan-favorite character against somebody who represents the Lannisters. They'll find out some more of the terrible shit the Mountain has done, etc. The battle will be going well, they'll be all into it, and then.... welp.

Expect more: "FUCK THIS SHOW WHY DO ALL THE GOOD GUYS DIE" at that point.

ramyeon

So a lot of people watching the show have come to the conclusion that Melisandre and the Lord of Light had a role in the death of Robb at the RW because of that leech burning ritual with Gendry's blood. Can anyone here confirm or deny that? I feel like it's kind of silly because there was nothing supernatural about Robb's death, it was the obvious conclusion to a chain of events that had been going on for a long time. It also would have been plotted by the Freys, Boltons and Lannisters long before any ritual took place, so the Lord of Light influencing their thoughts to create this plot doesn't make sense either.

Trasher

I just asked it in the other thread, but it's probably best to ask here for a better answer: How did Jorah, Grey Worm, and Daario get out of their sticky situation in Yunkai? I don't remember that at all from the book.

RangersFan

LOL so many mad book readers in here. Boohoo, Bish finally banning people was long overdue. It's simply impossible to join in any discussion there being a book reader, you simply cannot separate the 2 imo, i've tried. I've always maintained that the No Book Spoiler thread should prohibit book readers from posting, there is no point to, we have 3 or so threads for ourselves. Let them have their fun. I was a no book reader for the s1 and 2 threads, so I understand their frustrations no matter how innocent a post. And now having read them I recognize my inability as well to discuss the show without any book talk.

So a lot of people watching the show have come to the conclusion that Melisandre and the Lord of Light had a role in the death of Robb at the RW because of that leech burning ritual with Gendry's blood. Can anyone here confirm or deny that? I feel like it's kind of silly because there was nothing supernatural about Robb's death, it was the obvious conclusion to a chain of events that had been going on for a long time. It also would have been plotted by the Freys, Boltons and Lannisters long before any ritual took place, so the Lord of Light influencing their thoughts to create this plot doesn't make sense either.
The plot was underway for months, Melisandre didn't alter anything. If anything she had a vision of what was going to happen, and used the leeches to make it seem like her powers made it so.

Inversive

The leech burning didn't have anything to do with his downfall.

(s4/sos/etc spoilers)
The Red Viper will absolutely be built up as a favored character as much as possible, he'll be fighting for a fan-favorite character against somebody who represents the Lannisters. They'll find out some more of the terrible shit the Mountain has done, etc. The battle will be going well, they'll be all into it, and then.... welp.

series
I can't wait for the "EEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAA".... and then face smash =(

The leech burning didn't have anything to do with his downfall.

But of course, the lord of light willed his death... or whatever

Trasher

(s4/sos/etc spoilers)

ASoS/Season 4
People are gonna love Tywin's death. They will finally have something to cheer about.

CassSept

[technically it isn't a spoiler, but I'd rather put it behind bars, might be some ASOS/ADWD spoilers]
It's possible she had seen it in the flames and just used the leeches to show her power to Stannis. At this point the RW had been teased at least on three other separate occasions. She might had just known Robb is going to die and could as well how all-powerful Lord of Light is

I just asked it in the other thread, but it's probably best to ask here for a better answer: How did Jorah, Grey Worm, and Daario get out of their sticky situation in Yunkai? I don't remember that at all from the book.

The scene wasn't in the book since non of the three characters involved are PoV characters. How did they get out? Skill. It was nice to see Grey Worm in action.

(s4/sos/etc spoilers)

Given how pooy the show has handled similar characters like the Halfhand and Mance, I'm not getting my hopes up for his introduction.

[technically it isn't a spoiler, but I'd rather put it behind bars, might be some ASOS/ADWD spoilers]
It's possible she had seen it in the flames and just used the leeches to show her power to Stannis. At this point the RW had been teased at least on three other separate occasions. She might had just known Robb is going to die and could as well how all-powerful Lord of Light is

The scene wasn't in the book since non of the three characters involved are PoV characters. How did they get out? Skill. It was nice to see Grey Worm in action.

We didn't really get to see him fight or anything in the sense that all his shots were of him stabbing a dude and not really parrying or defending. Still sweet though. It looked very disciplined and precise

Given how pooy the show has handled similar characters like the Halfhand and Mance, I'm not getting my hopes up for his introduction.

=(

Season 4-5
they really need to get us to like the Martell and Greyjoy families next season. There are some great characters with a ton of potential there. But it will be hard, TV shows rely on having someone to cheer for I think. Viewers naturally shifted to Robb after Ned, but I think they will be a little lost now.

At least there will be redemption for Lannister haters next season

LOL so many mad book readers in here. Boohoo, Bish finally banning people was long overdue. It's simply impossible to join in any discussion there being a book reader, you simply cannot separate the 2 imo, i've tried. I've always maintained that the No Book Spoiler thread should prohibit book readers from posting, there is no point to, we have 3 or so threads for ourselves. Let them have their fun. I was a no book reader for the s1 and 2 threads, so I understand their frustrations no matter how innocent a post. And now having read them I recognize my inability as well to discuss the show without any book talk.

If you want to avoid spoilers on a 13-year old piece of media, you should experience that 13-year old piece of media in its original form.

Trasher

Right, but they got surrounded by all of those soldiers and then they just threw down their weapons and gave up. Because of what though? They were afraid of Dany's army outside the gates and knew they would be freed when Yunkai lost the battle? I'm just trying to figure out the show's explanation.

ramyeon

Right, but they got surrounded by all of those soldiers and then they just threw down their weapons and gave up. Because of what though? They were afraid of Dany's army outside the gates and knew they would be freed when Yunkai lost the battle? I'm just trying to figure out the show's explanation.
I didn't quite get that scene either but I assumed it was because they were slaves and Dany is going to free them?

Trasher

I didn't quite get that scene either but I assumed it was because they were slaves and Dany is going to free them?
Yeah I think so.

I think in the book though there was a bigger scale battle. The only thing I really remember is that Jorah and them fought in through the sewers or whatever.

One thing I think they screwed up about tonight's episode (ASOS spoilers)
When Robb dies in the book Greywind goes insane and rips the throats out of a bunch of Freys, the implication being that Robb warged into Greywind and was fucking pissed. Wish they had kept that, had him burst out of the stable rather then just get pin-cushioned.

RangersFan

If you want to avoid spoilers on a 13-year old piece of media, you should experience that 13-year old piece of media in its original form.

Or you can post in one of the THREE threads dedicated to book readers. Some people choose not to read the books, why act like an insufferable elitist because you did.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
One thing I think they screwed up about tonight's episode (ASOS spoilers)
When Robb dies in the book Greywind goes insane and rips the throats out of a bunch of Freys, the implication being that Robb warged into Greywind and was fucking pissed. Wish they had kept that, had him burst out of the stable rather then just get pin-cushioned.

They better show (ASOS spoilers)
greywind's head stitched onto rob's body. That was what pushed it all over the edge for me, that they would mutilate and humiliate his corpse like that.

CassSept

Yeah I think so.

I think in the book though there was a bigger scale battle. The only thing I really remember is that Jorah and them fought in through the sewers or whatever.
Yeah the fight in the book was bigger and all, but you know, budget. Better than what they did in Season 1.

[ASOS]
The infiltration thrpugh sewers was in Meereen, not Yunkai

greywind's head stitched onto rob's body. That was what pushed it all over the edge for me, that they would mutilate and humiliate his corpse like that.

Reading that pissed me off so much that it's the one thing I really don't want to see, but it's such a powerful image that they pretty much have to show it.

Zeliard

I read this bit a few hours ago because I was silly and checked out the
Grey Wind
wiki article.

If you think tonight's reaction was anything, heh. If they actually went through with this people would go into conniptions. So maybe they will.

Kopite

I agree that they'd have to show ASoS:
Grey Wind's head stitched on Robb's head. And dumping a naked Catelyn and Tulisa into the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom