• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wish, at least for the airing of the episode itself, we had stuck with the plan of just sending the one "sends their regards" post to cut down on that. Shame the silence was broken by a bunch of grinch gifs.

I think he posted at least *seven* of those across both threads, haha. Man he really thought that was hilarious!

Levi

Banned
The other thread resides in an alternate universe where the books don't exist. Reminding them that they do will get you banned. Those are the rules, all this endless whining about how it's all so unfair is tiring.

I haven't read the books in a while, did sandor try to kill the man for the wagon in the books? I remember he got a hold of the wagon, can't remember how he did it though.

The other thread resides in an alternate universe where the books don't exist. Reminding them that they do will get you banned. Those are the rules, all this endless whining about how it's all so unfair is tiring.

Yeah. I think I posted in there once or twice since yesterday, and after reading the few last pages... Gonna stay out of there for a while.

Massa

I haven't read the books in a while, did sandor try to kill the man for the wagon in the books? I remember he got a hold of the wagon, can't remember how he did it though.

He explained it to Arya... dead rats don't talk. If the guy recognized him/her they'd be in danger.

[ASOS]
"Elia of Dorne! You Raped Her! You Killed Her!" one of my favorite book scenes, can't wait, although completely heartbreaking when the mountain ends up winning

[ASOS]
It is a great scene, I just don't think I'll be able to take Oberyn getting his entire face smashed in.

"D'you remember that cave? We should have stayed in that cave. I told you so."
"We'll go back to the cave," he said. "You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not."
"Oh." Ygritte cupped his cheek with her hand. "You know nothing, Jon Snow," she sighed, dying.

THE FEELS.

Fey

Banned
[ASOS]
"Elia of Dorne! You Raped Her! You Killed Her!" one of my favorite book scenes, can't wait, although completely heartbreaking when the mountain ends up winning

asos
Oh man, the reactions when Oberyn (who will undoubtedly become a fan favourite) is brutally killed ...

anaron

Honestly, the fan ribbing after the fact shouldn't bother people THAT much. It was the constant utterance of "just wait for the Red Wedding!1trololo" leading up to and surrounding the discussion in the fandom that pissed me off when I started reading.

asos
Oh man, the reactions when Oberyn (who will undoubtedly become a fan favourite) is brutally killed ...

But hopefully [SERIES]
The Martells get their sweet revenge on all the Lannisters in King's Landing. Pity what happened to Myrcella, though. She seems so sweet.

dubq

I don't think so. He's pretty lost by that point and is
saved from wights by Coldhands, who then leads him and Gilly to the Nightfort and teaches them how to use the Black Gate

Well I think they have one more good season in there SoS/AFFC spoilers:
Joffery's death will make plenty of people happy as will Tywin's. The Margery vs. Cersei drama while not as exciting does provide some entertainment not to mention Dorne and Littlefinger/Lysa/Sansa

But I will agree it does feel like the story has largely been treading water most of the last two books. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they combined books 4 and 5 into one season with maybe one or two extra episodes.

I had this horrible thought the other that maybe the reason we don't hear anything about the next books is because Martin is holding them back until the show is done or to coincide with the show. Highly unlikely, it's more likely he's just sidetracked. But still it's a scary thought.
Books 4 and 5 is easily two seasons. The problem with these books is the sequence of events, which will be mixed up on TV

I'm actually quite confident of these seasons

Minus_Me

I don't think so. He's pretty lost by that point and is
saved from wights by Coldhands, who then leads him and Gilly to the Nightfort and teaches them how to use the Black Gate

That's how I remember it, but I found it odd that he tells the story to Gilly in the show.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Finally made myself watch it. Couldn't do it last night.

As much fun as it was to think about, 'hey, people get to share my sorrow! man they' won't even see it coming!', the closer this episode got the more I dreaded it. That part in the book was horrific enough, reliving it so visually was something I didn't realize I was really not that excited for.

Watched it. Couldn't stop shaking.

Fuck the Freys, fuck the Boltons.

The north remembers, you bastards.

edit:

On the other hand, FUCK YES TRIO OF DEATH!!! Watching Grey Worm get all nasty and Jorah + Daario team up was fantastic. I need a gif of that sweet parry to death down the line shit Jorah and Daario pulled off, stat.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
not a book reader but i've heard several times that the series peaks right about were we are now and it's all downhill from here. any truth to that? i wanted to start the books but crawling through 3 books where i already know what happens only to have 2 'boring' books left would make me a sad panda.

Next season will still be great since its the second half of the current book... Then its all downhill from here.

Luckly the show will likely start going in more of its own direction by combining elements of books 4 and 5. That should make it way more entertaining to watch and speed things a long then the bogged down way the books handle the next six months in the world

Books 4 and 5 is easily two seasons. The problem with these books is the sequence of events, which will be mixed up on TV

I'm actually quite confident of these seasons

Series
Yes, they will be extremely strong. AFFC has the best characterization in the series, and the events of AFFC for characters like Tyrion and Arya will get a big response. And they have a fantastic season closer for Season 5 if they do Daznak's Pit for the ending. And hopefully they will build the screen time of Lady Stoneheart so viewers get to see Freys killed the whole time.

Don't get the hate either books get, they're going to make for really compelling television.

I can't stay in that thread anymore. I can actually feel my heart rate increasing and blood pressure rising. Stuff like "Jaime's story is told from his perspective, so you get a better sense of him as a character in the books" is being construed as a spoiler somehow and will no doubt get that guy banned. Watchers ask for clarification on certain things that have already happened and I have to edit my post to the point where I'm absolutely sure nothing I have ever appeared in the books only- even if it would be just meaningless flavor- at which point I decide not to post it all.

Yes, it's a thread full of awful people. Mention something that happened in season 2 but accidentally remember a book detail about that scene? Burn him, he's a witch!

cj_iwakura

Series
Yes, they will be extremely strong. AFFC has the best characterization in the series, and the events of AFFC for characters like Tyrion and Arya will get a big response. And they have a fantastic season closer for Season 5 if they do Daznak's Pit for the ending. And hopefully they will build the screen time of Lady Stoneheart so viewers get to see Freys killed the whole time.

Don't get the hate either books get, they're going to make for really compelling television.

All I fear is that (Series)
people expecting massive battles and/or world-shattering deaths like Catelyn's and Ned's every season are in for a world of disappointment.

Just like how most book readers feel!

But I agree, I love AFFC.

Moaradin

Haha oh my god is there a guy seriously going off about SPOILERS due to someone saying "well in the books you see it from Jaime's perspective and read his thoughts" in the non book thread? Holy shit, who knew they were such babies.

Thread clearly says no book talk. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

exYle

Haha oh my god is there a guy seriously going off about SPOILERS due to someone saying "well in the books you see it from Jaime's perspective and read his thoughts" in the non book thread? Holy shit, who knew they were such babies.

He got banned for it, too. I mean, c'mon.

Kalnos

Banned
Guy was playing with fire, so I don't feel bad for him getting banned. I will say, though, that the people in that thread have retarded expectations of wanting to take part in internet discussions and not get spoiled on 10+ year old books.

Guy was playing with fire, so I don't feel bad for him getting banned. I will say, though, that the people in that thread have retarded expectations of wanting to take part in internet discussions and not get spoiled on 10+ year old books.

People can't realistically expect to never read spoilers but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do our best to create a safe place. Some of the things they consider spoilers are fucking retarded, though.

Agree 100%. Whats the point of all their useless speculation? 99% of the time they're wrong.

Loofy

He didn't really talk about the book. Nor did he make a comparison. Everything he has said has been shown on screen on the TV show. That's the part I don't get. What he said wasn't a spoiler.
He said 'from the third book on' so and so this. How is that not a spoiler.

Levi

Banned
It's not a spoiler.

Does it confirm that the books exist? Doing that gets you banned.

It doesn't matter what you say in that thread, if you remind them that this is an adaptation, your account is deader than Robb Stark.

Probably by tomorrow mentioning that any books exist will be a ban.

jett

D-Member
It's better for all book readers to never post in that place. It's a clusterfuck right now and they take their anger out on us. :p

I think it's sad that who lives/dies is what it comes down to. I mean, oh no, Jaime lives past book three! So what?

The most frustrating thing I find is when they forget the most basic of details, like the people who forgot that Jorah wanted Dany assassinated in place of a return ship home. How could they forget such an important detail when this is what lead Ned to quitting to being the Hand to begin with? But if you try to answer them, they construe it as spoilers.

They don't even know people's names over there. I saw "Carl Drogo" today.

The "ask a question/ban if answered" dynamic is ridiculous.

You guys are seriously being dense. People have been in the other thread for over a month "speculating" on what would happen when really they were in this thread too and trying to ruin the show for the rest of us that haven't read the books. If people don't want things spoiled, I don't see how that's hard to understand. There's two threads for a reason.

I don't know why you guys feel the need to say shit like the one poster above "they got a name wrong!" And act all pissy about it either. This is like one giant thread of the Simpson comic book nerd taken to the extreme. Stop fucking up other people's enjoyment of something. It's that simple.

Vyer

Some book readers have been fucking with that thread since S1. It shouldn't be that hard to understand the desire for people to just want to be able to watch a TV show as a TV show. I don't blame the mods for finally having to go so extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom