• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn. This is the kind of epic shit people have been wanting from Djawadi.

First time I listened to this I felt like I was hearing a cross of Djawadi's score and something from Howard Shore's LOTR score.

Listened to the whole soundtrack this morning, excellent stuff. Still at times under-implemented into the show I think.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ASOS
well, whether they show it or not, there's not much left for Beric to do, is there? Shame, cause the actor & character were pretty cool. Got a great fire sword battle out of him before he goes.

Series
If you recall, Thoros refused to revive Cat. Beric was able to give her the kiss of life at the cost of his own. But the point still stands. And I agree that it's a crucial scene to film if they are planning on revealing Lady Stoneheart on Sunday. It ties in perfectly with the memorable Arya/Beric conversation about Eddard.

That's the only reason I think they might do it this week. They really earned it this season.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Personally speaking, the Arya fake-out was daft in the books (The Hound just straight-up killing her makes no sense of the character as we knew him)
On-screen, you wouldn't have to show that it's The Hound's weapon that is hitting Arya.

nearly impossible to visually put on the screen.
It could be like the scene in season 1, where Tyrion gets knocked out with a hammer while leading his tribesmen into battle.

Fey

Banned
ASOS
Mhysa is fucking amazing, have had it on repeat for some time. If they end this season with another triumphant Dany scene then wow ... they're really hyping her up on the show.

marrec

Banned
ASOS
Mhysa is fucking amazing, have had it on repeat for some time. If they end this season with another triumphant Dany scene then wow ... they're really hyping her up on the show.

AFFC/DWD
Only to have her sit around doing NOTHING for the foreseeable future.

dubq

I really wish people would get over this Arya fake-out thing. They didn't do it. You can't change it. Time to move on.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I really wish people would get over this Arya fake-out thing. They didn't do it. You can't change it. Time to move on.

It just exemplifies the kind of book-complaining wankery that plagues this show. There's criticizing this show on its own merits, something that's very possible to do, and then there's this. As a criticism of the show this has literally no merit aside from "I liked this particular aspect of the book." Arya's participation in the Red Wedding on the show was plenty effective in its own right, and we've seen many people who've criticized her story on the show admit that these scenes were quite well done.

-griffy-

Banned
On-screen, you wouldn't have to show that it's The Hound's weapon that is hitting Arya.

Any way they did it would have been unsuccessful, because the only way to do a fake out is to do a cut to black with a sound effect or a cut to a different shot/scene. In any case you wouldn't see her die on screen, so no one would think she is dead and it wouldn't be a fake out at all.

I'm glad they simply didn't attempt a fake out instead. It was enough of a shock without it.

It just exemplifies the kind of book-complaining wankery that plagues this show. There's criticizing this show on its own merits, something that's very possible to do, and then there's this. As a criticism of the show this has literally no merit aside from "I liked this particular aspect of the book." Arya's participation in the Red Wedding on the show was plenty effective in its own right, and we've seen many people who've criticized her story on the show admit that these scenes were quite well done.

Jeepers creepers. I said at least once that I've been one of the show's staunchest defenders to do whatever it wants. It was just this one thing in particular AND I already stopped complaining about it after a reasoned discussion. No need to call it "wankery". Anyone who's read my posts in all THREE seasons' threads knows that couldn't be further from my stance if it tried.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Jeepers creepers. I said at least once that I've been one of the show's staunchest defenders to do whatever it wants. It was just this one thing in particular AND I already stopped complaining about it after a reasoned discussion. No need to call it "wankery". Anyone who's read my posts in all THREE seasons' threads knows that couldn't be further from my stance if it tried.

Why exactly are you taking this personally? You're far from the only person to complain about it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
When people don't quote, how are other people supposed to know they're not the ones being discussed exactly?

The very act of not quoting a specific poster is to say that nobody in particular is being addressed, rather a general concept is being commented on.

The very act of not quoting a specific poster is to say that nobody in particular is being addressed, rather a general concept is being commented on.

Is there a way to like unquote someone like "Here's all the people I mean, but not this dude, he's cool."

I'm gonna wiki it...

Srsly Ben. No one is specifically calling YOU out on this right now..

iunno it was just cause i brought it up, anyway i'm cool about it now i guess

still kind of a lame shot they used...

dubq

I'm just complaining in general because it seems like a random person comes in at least once or twice a page to say "Hey guys, how lame was it that they didn't do the Arya fake out???!!!" ;)

Fey

Banned
Sos
Isn't Sansa on he way to the eyrie when Brienne and Jamie return to kings landing?

iirc ASOS
She leaves KL like a day or two before Jaime and Brienne arrive, because they arrive around the time of Joffrey's funeral.

Sotha Sil

It has to be the first time I see you criticize something, BB; pretty funny to see this small quibble's generating this much backlash :)

I never thought Arya was dead, but I cheated and peeked at the following chapters titles to find her name. Had to make sure. God, it was a long time ago.

Dany

Banned
iirc ASOS
She leaves KL like a day or two before Jaime and Brienne arrive, because they arrive around the time of Joffrey's funeral.

Ah yeah, totally. So
what do jamie and brienne have left of their adventure?

Burt

iirc ASOS
Which is actually a good thing for her, in retrospect. I wouldn't want Brienne helping me sneak out of KL. I would imagine that she's even worse at dealing with that place than Ned.

iirc ASOS
Correct

ASOS/Ep 10 preview
So, it looks like that's going to be different in the show, I'm curious to see how they deal with that.
(ASAUCE)
If they end the season by giving Dany another "F Yeah!" scene we'll need a D&D troll face jpeg.
lol someone make this happen

Dany

Banned
Correct

ASOS/Ep 10 preview
So, it looks like that's going to be different in the show, I'm curious to see how they deal with that.

lol someone make this happen

That is my problem,
SO is brienne around when joffery dies and sansa goes missing? With Cat dead, what impetus would sansa have to go with Brienne? Maybe instead of having the drunken fool that's sansas knight in shinning armor, its instead brieene?

I really need to reread SOS :X

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
In the show, where does everyone think Arya is?

In the opinion of the characters of the show? She hasn't been heard from since right before Ned's ending. That's months, or even over a year, without word. I assume that most would assume she died out in the world, alone.

Only The Hound, the BWB (or at least the main 2 guys) and Gendry/Hot Pie, know she's alive (and who she is). Maybe the Faceless Man too.

Only The Hound knows she was at the Twins for last weeks events.

besada

Banned
Thanks, I couldn't remember if she was presumed dead or
like in the books the Lannisters were pretending they still had her.

Okay, after the red wedding episode I want to start reading . But I really don't want to start from the beginning. Can I just start reading a storm of swords?

Ah yeah, totally. So
what do jamie and brienne have left of their adventure?

ADWD
Brienne and Jaimie split up. Brienne goes looking for the Stark girls, notably Sansa

Preview spoilers
I doubt that shot of Jaime is at King's Landing

Ziek

Question for book readers:

I own the first book and read it about half way, but decided to switch to the show. I'm a slow reader so I generally don't like to read. After next Sunday's episode I'm considering taking up the books again.

Where should I start reading? I'm considering going back to finish the first book, then read as far as I can; however, I'd also consider starting up from where the show left off. (Where would that be?)

EDIT: Looks like this question was just asked... still would like some more feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom