• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha Sil

[Series]
The battle at Meereen could be expanded and made interesting, with the ships battering down the doors, the infiltration through the sewers, Dany learning of Jorah's betrayal and banishing him... There's probably half a season of decent content there. Then it's down into the pits of the Meereen Knot, yes. :(

[Series]
I'm afraid the battle at Meereen won't be a suspenseful affair since most viewers know that her plot armor is strong (even post-Red Wedding, it's always been clear she won't die anytime soon); I don't see them dwelling on this for too long. The thing is, Meereen itself will indeed be even worse.

Lord Snow

Banned
Leak
I think it looks great. It's meant to look ridiculous, they're taking the piss out of him and his connection with Grey Wind after all. Also, that's only a still and it'll probably look better when they show it on the show.

(Series)
If the next book is out by then, they can make Meereen very very brief and get on to whatever is next for her. If it's not...I don't know what they'd do.

series
She needs to stay in Meereen till the end of the season, else they would have to speed up the story in King's Landing as well since Tyrion is already in Meereen by the time she escapes. It sucks, but I don't know how they could solve her story otherwise.

[Series]
The battle at Meereen could be expanded and made interesting, with the ships battering down the doors, the infiltration through the sewers, Dany learning of Jorah's betrayal and banishing him... There's probably half a season of decent content there. Then it's down into the pits of the Meereen Knot, yes. :(

series
I don't think they have the money to do both the battle of Meereen and the defense of the Wall in detail in one season. I doubt they have the budget. There's another huge battle coming at Meereen later, so they'll probably opt to do the battle at the wall instead.
Dany's story will probably cause budget problems later on. Once she starts riding Drogon that will be tough to do on TV.

Speevy

Banned
Whatever else they have planned for Dany, this season has been nothing but one good thing happening to her after another.

I'm sure Dany's next season will be like this one was for Robb, minus getting killed and all that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Predictions for the season final ratings?

Speevy

Banned
Hodor kills Bran, Jojen, and Meera for the warging incident.

Jon finds him and is like "Hodor, sweet giant, what happened?"

Dysun

100% guarantee the best ratings to date for the show.

People who have never seen the show will tune in due to the hype it created alone.

About the direwolves
ADWD
If we don't get Arya warging into Nymeria tonight it looks like they want Bran to be the only warg--for now. Jon has to at some point for his "death"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

People who have never seen the show will tune in due to the hype it created alone.

About the direwolves
SERIES
If we don't get Arya warging into Nymeria tonight it looks like they want Bran to be the only warg--for now. Jon has to at some point for his "death"

Mark your spoilers SERIES

How do people still not know how to mark spoilers?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

About the direwolves
Series
They could always wait for Arya warging until she starts her training in Bravos.

They kind of have to if they want to do the part where she's blind properly.

jett

D-Member
If the finale doesn't get crazy ratings after the Red Wedding then there is no hope.

Anyway, so far I'd rank the show S1 > S3 > S2. Season 4 should be frantic and awesome unless they screw up. Season 5 is when winter will truly come to the showrunners. :p

Man this is heart breaking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9LeaJQQ5g (forward to 7:40)
another reaction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMiTOtBjcYw

skip to 4:45 edit: she's read the books though, she knew it was coming.

Hey, those weren't funny!

I think the direwolves and warging have taken short shrift in the show, but that is understandable. Except for Bran, it is subtle and practically non-existent for the other Starks, and would be confusing, expensive and eat up screen time to show.

traveler

Not Wario
Hey, those weren't funny!

I think the direwolves and warging have taken short shrift in the show, but that is understandable. Except for Bran, it is subtle and practically non-existent for the other Starks, and would be confusing, expensive and eat up screen time to show.

It's just going to suck when we get to book 8 "A Time for Wolves" and it turns out the entire Stark family has warged into wolves permanently. Who knew GRRM was so literal.

Next one will probably have the highest ratings for show so far. RW episode came after a 2 week gap, wasn't built up hugely in the preview and, going out on a limb, I'm going to say most people watching didn't know what was going to happen. Add that onto the huge amount of buzz and news articles about the event in the following week, I can't see why it wouldn't break its rating record.

Dysun

Perhaps the show can actually exceed the books once Storm is passed. It wouldn't be an impossible feat by any means.

AFFC
Cersei's intrigues will play out great on the screen with all the build-up they've done with Margaery and Olenna

Mark your spoilers SERIES

How do people still not know how to mark spoilers?

It was spoilered in a spoiler thread, unmarked should mean you understand it encompasses everything but I'll mark them for sticklers.

New episode tonight (season finale): Mhysa

Synopsis said:
Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

Programming note: Tonight's episode will run longer than 60 minutes, so plan accordingly.

Trasher

When they find the direwolf mother dead in the snow with the pups around her, they pull a stag antler out of its neck. Stag = Baratheon, Wolf = Stark

I always think it's quite a stretch to talk about the Baratheon/Stark symbolism in that scene. I can see what people are saying, but it doesn't work super well in my opinion.

mjc

My girlfriend is gonna be so upset with Ep10 spoilers
GreyRobb...she was legitimately pissed at me last week for not telling her that Grey Wind was gonna die. (Like I was gonna spoil that...pfft!)

Damn. Just started to sink in that after tonight/tomorrow we will have to wait the good part of a year for season 4. This season really flew by.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AFFC
Cersei's intrigues will play out great on the screen with all the build-up they've done with Margaery and Olenna

It was spoilered in a spoiler thread, unmarked should mean you understand it encompasses everything but I'll mark them for sticklers.

That isn't how this thread works, read the op. All spoilers should be marked, especially large series spoilers.

Dysun

That's fine and we can be done with this farce anyway next year

A thread created for spoilers, behind spoilered text, must be properly labelled. It's redundant and last I heard the thread is changing and will be better off for it

Loofy

How awesome would it be if in the beginning of tonites episode they bring back sean bean and they have a flashback scene of all the starks being one big happy family.. and then it cuts into present.

brentech

Damn. Just started to sink in that after tonight/tomorrow we will have to wait the good part of a year for season 4. This season really flew by.

it sucks, but they could almost use a longer break. I'd really rather them not pass martin, but that's like a 1 in a bajillion chance to happen.=\

I'm really hoping we get a name drop of [AFfC]
Euron or Victarion tonight, since it looks like they'll have Yara/Asha at the Iron Islands with Balon's death. Just a name drop or seeing the Silence rolling in would be awesome.

Not unlike how they've name dropped Stannis in season 1 or Mance Rayder in season 2.

AngryMoth

Haven't posted much in here this season as my general interest in the series has declined a lot over the last year, but I think season 3 has turned out pretty good overall, certainly much better than last season. Looking forward to the finale.

Do we know which events will be included in tonights ep? I was thinking they might do (asos)
Joffery's wedding. Would be good to end on a satisfying note for non readers after last week, but looking at the promo it doesn't look like that's happening, so based on the title I assume the final scene will be the slaves coming to meet Dany screaming "mother".

Also, who else thinks they're going to need to recast Bran after next season. (general)
He only has one more scene in ASoS which I assume they will cover tonight. They could probably make his ADwD chapters last all of season 4 but after that he won't be in season 5 at all. He's already looking a lot older this season, could be extremely jarring when they eventually get back to him when the actor will be 17.

Haven't posted much in here this season as my general interest in the series has declined a lot over the last year, but I think season 3 has turned out pretty good overall, certainly much better than last season. Looking forward to the finale.

Do we know which events will be included in tonights ep? I was thinking they might do (asos)
Joffery's wedding. Would be good to end on a satisfying note for non readers after last week, but looking at the promo it doesn't look like that's happening, so based on the title I assume the final scene will be the slaves coming to meet Dany screaming "mother".

Also, who else thinks they're going to need to recast Bran after next season. (general)
He only has one more scene in ASoS which I assume they will cover tonight. They could probably make his ADwD chapters last all of season 4 but after that he won't be in season 5 at all. He's already looking a lot older this season, could be extremely jarring when they eventually get back to him when the actor will be 17.

ASOS
zero chance of purple wedding tonight. There's too much preamble for them to try to cram that into 1 episode

-griffy-

Banned
I want to know why it's such a problem that we are seeing the kids age anyways? The show has already spanned the course of a couple of years, it only makes sense the kids are going to get older. I haven't seen anything that seems out of place as far as aging goes. I mean, Sansa got tall suddenly, but so did her actress. Puberty happens. If the show was supposed to only take place over the course of a couple weeks, each episode a single day, then it might be a problem. But that's not the case.

When all is said and done it will be cool to have a Harry Potter-esque scenario where we see a group of kids grow up as the series goes on.

Snake

I want to know why it's such a problem that we are seeing the kids age anyways? The show has already spanned the course of a couple of years, it only makes sense the kids are going to get older. I haven't seen anything that seems out of place as far as aging goes. I mean, Sansa got tall suddenly, but so did her actress. Puberty happens. If the show was supposed to only take place over the course of a couple weeks, each episode a single day, them it might be a problem. But that's not the case.

When all is said and done it will be cool to have a Harry Potter-esque scenario where we see a group of kids grow up as the series goes on.
Yeah, I've never once minded that the child actors have aged. Kids that old often have even more dramatic growth spurts over incredibly quick periods of time.

Massa

He definitely will be in season 5. They'll either stretch his story or go beyond the currently released books, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom