• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Great episode, and soem nice writing. I love the musical theme that goes with Dany so momentous. They really do a fantastic job capturing the big beats of the show while adding in some other scenes that are equally great.

Feel bad for theon. That guy is a prick.

I was all giddy when THAT happened [ADWD!]
dat evil smile when Theon was strapped to that shit again. Dat look on his eyes. Pure Ramsay Bolton.

hoos30

Series
Varys
: BOSS
Olenna Tyrell
Ramsey Snow
Dany
Missandei
: SMOKIN' HOT

This episode was firing on all cylinders; gotta be the best one since Blackwater easily.

The
Varys' sorcerer
reveal is D&D giving the finger to show critics who don't like their writing. lol

Series
Varys
Olenna Tyrell
Ramsey Snow
Dany
Missandei

This episode was firing on all cylinders; gotta be the best one since Blackwater easily.

The
Varys' sorcerer
reveal is D&D giving the finger to show critics who don't like their writing. lol

Don't forget Tywin owning Cersei.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Series
Varys
Olenna Tyrell
Ramsey Snow
Dany
Missandei

The
Varys' sorcerer

Tyrells in general were boss as fuck this episode. Just planting seeds and making moves.

Great episode, best of the season.

Margaery is killing it on-screen.

Cersei was shut down.

Varys is a fucking boss.

Danaerys domination.

Might have been one of the best episodes of the entire series.

Yeah great episode. I think this is especially because they slowed down a little to expand on some of the things from the books, but actually did them really well.

Value added all around.

Personally these eps are flying by really fast, it's gonna be hard waiting another year :/ as a book reader, I love seeing my friends reactions >:)

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Personally these eps are flying by really fast, it's gonna be hard waiting another year :/ as a book reader, I love seeing my friends reactions >:)

ALL
For my family, the Mutiny at Craster's Keep was strike two on my "They aren't going to handle the Red Wedding very well, are they?" checklist. Based on their reaction to this and Jaime's unhanding, they are going to convulse in grief.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I was imagining the posts in here while watching that scene. :lol

I guess it kind of seems like they're going towards some sort of answer on that plot point, I just can't imagine what worthwhile revelation it would be that would justify multiple scenes on the matter.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I guess it kind of seems like they're going towards some sort of answer on that plot point, I just can't imagine what worthwhile revelation it would be that would justify multiple scenes on the matter.
Why do you think [series]
Brienne has him share a room with her in AFFC? Pod's a pimp!
:p

Real reason:
They're not going anywhere with it, it's just meant as a bit of levity in the show.

Can someone link me directly to book 1 on amazon or B&N please. I'm afraid to go searching since i might get spoiled stuff from other books. I already spoiled myself about
Rob Stark
when was on the wiki last year.

xa7EQ5G.gif

zychi

Banned
What page/chapter does the
red wedding
start in ASOS? I dont have my copy with me and my buddy wants to know how much further he has in his version

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ALL
For my family, the Mutiny at Craster's Keep was strike two on my "They aren't going to handle the Red Wedding very well, are they?" checklist. Based on their reaction to this and Jaime's unhanding, they are going to convulse in grief.

I thought Craster's Keep scene was done just fine, the only negative being...

ALL
Leaving out Mormont's final words to Sam about finding, and forgiving Jorah. Though, admittedly, even in the books, I don't know if that's going to go anywhere given all the other stuff on Sam's plate.

Great episode, full thoughts later, but far too busy.

Speaking of busy, apologies on my behalf, but my roundup of reviews and such probably won't be made tonight, I'm just swamped right now.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

ALL
Leaving out Mormont's final words to Sam about finding, and forgiving Jorah. Though, admittedly, even in the books, I don't know if that's going to go anywhere given all the other stuff on Sam's plate.

Oh no, I meant my family's reaction to the event itself. They didn't handle what happened during that scene very well. Lots of yelling, some tears. The way they presented the event was good.

An-Det

Awesome episode tonight, they are really nailing it for me. Iwan Rheon's smile at the end of Theon's scene was perfect, great bookend to that "escape" and his joy hinting at what's to come. Love that they got him to play that character. And that ending was fantastic.

Hello GOT thread - so I watched season 1 as it aired, but I decided to hold off on the next seasons until after I read the books. After all this time, I've only gotten to page 100 of book one. Should I continue my GOT abstinence? Or should I just screw it and catch up to watch the seasons as they air alongside the rest of the world?

Edit: just realized there are two threads and that I didn't need to post here and that my last post actually did go through. Whoops.

Dysun

Wow Varys and the Queen of Thorns were amazing in every scene tonight. Diana Rigg has added alot to a character I never thought much of in the book, it's been fun to see that.

Dany freeing the Unsullied played out better than I thought, was very powerful.

Jaime and Brienne play off each other well, Locke's beatdown was humiliating for Jaime.

Ramsay is finally going full creep-mode, flaying inc
Seeing Cat in Bran's dream was disturbing, she looked a bit like how I picture UnCat.

Great episode, full thoughts later, but far too busy.

Speaking of busy, apologies on my behalf, but my roundup of reviews and such probably won't be made tonight, I'm just swamped right now.

I can throw a few up in your stead :)

Sepinwall:

http://m.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/review-game-of-thrones-and-now-his-watch-is-ended-how-to-trade-your-dragon

AVClub (newbs):

http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/and-now-his-watch-has-ended-for-newbies,96302/

AVClub (experts/book folks)

http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/and-now-his-watch-has-ended-for-experts,96301/

hoos30

ALL

That's addition by subtraction. You just get
stabbed in the back
, do you think you have time to give a speech about your long lost
son
?

hoos30

Hello GOT thread - so I watched season 1 as it aired, but I decided to hold off on the next seasons until after I read the books. After all this time, I've only gotten to page 100 of book one. Should I continue my GOT abstinence? Or should I just screw it and catch up to watch the seasons as they air alongside the rest of the world?

Screw it. Just watch and enjoy and read the books later. They are completely different experiences (the show is lightning fast while the books are thorough, bordering on ponderous.

Personally, I never read a page until after I had seen S2 and my enjoyment of the books was improved because I had a sense of what the world was supposed to look like.

Pkaz01

Flawless episode one of my favorites in all 3 episodes. Dany ending was epic, Varys and QOT were fantastic, Beric was awesome, Brienne and Jaimie was done well.

Never cared for the nights watch and the series isnt doing much to change that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Screw it. Just watch and enjoy and read the books later. They are completely different experiences (the show is lightning fast while the books are thorough, bordering on ponderous.

Personally, I never read a page until after I had seen S2 and my enjoyment of the books was improved because I had a sense of what the world was supposed to look like.
I have to agree. I didn't read them until after the first season and already knowing the characters/story made it easier for me to enjoy the books because I didn't have to remember who was who.

Great episode. Emilia Clarke really brought it home at the end there, didn't think she had it in her. And the music that played as the unsullied marched out of the city got my blood a pumpin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom